In MultiWii it is possible to configure your multicopter settings.
- Global PID - global flight characteristics
- Altitude PID - tuning for barometer
- Mag P controller - tuning for magnetic heading hold
- Pos PI controller - tuning for GPS position hold speed
- Pos Rate PID controller - tuning attitude control for position hold when close to hold location
- Nav Rate PID controller - tuning attitude control for navigation & return to home
Before you fly your rc model for the first time please take time to calibrate sensors.
- Gyroscope calibration - required for acro mode and is also a requirement for all other modes to work properly.
- Accelerometer calibration - required for stable mode
- Compass calibration - required for CareFree mode and GPS Functions
- Barometer calibration: the reference altitude is set to zero at the beginning. It is also reset when doing a Gyroscope calibration (which is supposed to happen on the ground)
There are different options to configure your multiwii flight controller:
TX sticks combo
MultiWii functionality are accessible via combinations of the TX sticks.
The latest overview of supported stick combinations for mode 1 and mode 2 TX can be found on the sources repository.
For mode 3 TX users an adapted 2.2 version is available at diydrones
It comes as a pdf Document and can be printed and folded to match the size of a credit card.
There is a dedicated page that described the MultiWii GUI
It is possible to attach one of the Supported_Displays panel for field adjustment of PID values LCD_Configuration_Menu without the need for a PC. Stick movements are used to change values, while the LCD shows the variable being changed and by how much. Furthermore the display can be used to display live LCD_Telemetry data.
Another option for field configuration without a PC is to use an Android smartphone and a Bluetooth module. The module connects to the TTL port pins as the LCD does, but uses all four pins since the communication is bi-directional in this case with the board.
Note: You cannot have both the BT module and FTDI active at the same time. Use one or the other at a time.
MultiWii WinGUI is a .NET based configuration and Ground Control Station interface designed for multiwii.
It offers a richer user experience by sacrificing multi platform capabilities.