Drifting while in Angle mode

matster

Post by matster »

My copter is fairly stable in acro.. it takes off without drifting, so the trims are all correct.

However when switching to Angle mode, it drifts backwards and to the right, I thought a simple mounting it level and calibrating the ACC would cure it, it didn't!

I have read that the ACC can be fine adjusted by the following;

- Dis-arm
- Throttle max
- Move the pitch/roll the opposite way to the way it's drifting (not diagonal!).. in my case forward, then left
- Each time it is moved, it adjusts the level by 0.1 degree

If this is correct, it doesn't work for me! having tried it hundreds of times, without any change to the effect (positive or negative)!

The FC I'm using is; http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... odule.html

The firmware is 2.3 NAV b7

On a side not, I also cannot arm or dis-arm via the sticks, I have to bind it to a switch... may or may not be related!

I thought it may have something to do with the pitch and roll not going high enough to register the adjustment, they are set to;

1015 - Low
1500 - Mid
1985 - High

the thrust is set to;
1065 - Low (this is just high enough to kick the motors into spinning, as advised to do)
1500 - Mid
1985 - High

currently it is a pain in the arse to fly when I'm constantly having to pitch forward and left, to keep it still... remember in Acro mode it holds fairly still, so it's not the trims!

any help is appreciated, as I do respect the fact that everyone on here freely gives their time and advice helping people like me with their problems! :)

kilby

Post by kilby »

Your sticks should give a min value of 1000 and a max of 2000

Most transmitters require a setting of around 125% to achieve this.

matster

Post by matster »

I've read that it should be 1015-1500-1985

Is there a definitive setting? as i can easily do 1000-1500-2000

Also will this help my drifting problem? As according to MultoWii Wiki to put it into ACC trim mode, throttle only needs to be above 1900 (http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... elerometer)

waltr

Re: Drifting while in Angle mode

Post by waltr »

matster wrote:I've read that it should be 1015-1500-1985

Is there a definitive setting? as i can easily do 1000-1500-2000

Also will this help my drifting problem? As according to MultoWii Wiki to put it into ACC trim mode, throttle only needs to be above 1900 (http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... elerometer)

Yes, those value will work since the defaults are:
#define MINCHECK 1100
#define MAXCHECK 1900

matster

Post by matster »

Any thoughts on why my ACC's don't seem to be trimming?

waltr

Post by waltr »

How many 'clicks' are you giving the ACC TRIM stick command (the FC LED blinks for each 'click')?
To can take 10-20 clicks to see a noticeable change.

Is the ACC TRIM stick command recognized by the FC (the LED blinks)??
If not then the TX's stick end point values are no correct.

matster

Post by matster »

As far as I can tell, the FC isn't taking any commands from the control, as I can neither arm or disarm and the LED does nothing to indicate a change when trying to adjust the ACC Trim

kilby

Post by kilby »

Sounds like you need to adjust the endpoints for the controls on your transmitter

waltr

Re:

Post by waltr »

kilby wrote:Sounds like you need to adjust the endpoints for the controls on your transmitter

Yep, didn't do step #1 in MW setup procedure.

kjriisne

Post by kjriisne »

matster wrote:On a side not, I also cannot arm or dis-arm via the sticks, I have to bind it to a switch... may or may not be related!

Check that you'r Arduino code in the config.h file has this line uncommented.

/******************************** ARM/DISARM *********************************/
/* optionally disable stick combinations to arm/disarm the motors.
* In most cases one of the two options to arm/disarm via TX stick is sufficient */
#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW
//#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_ROLL

skymike

Post by skymike »

Recently noticed when trying to trim my account that if I'm to quick with sticks the board does not recognize (led blink)

You want to be sure to adjust trims so the endpoints read properly in GUI. Could be way different then what transmitter says.

Give us an update how your making out!!!

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

KhoaNgo95

Post by KhoaNgo95 »

Make sure to when you do the ACC stick trim, hold that for a while until the LED on your FC flashes. Do lots of them since you will need to make about 5-15 trims to notice anything if your ACC if off by a lot. By the way, your rc throttle min value doesn't really affect the idle speed. The idle speed is set by minthrottle in the GUI or config.h. Also, if you're not already doing this, when you turn on your quad, calibrate the gyro by leaving it on still ground and perform the stick movements to calibrate gyro.