Many people here still flying Multiwii?

vpb

Many people here still flying Multiwii?

Post by vpb »

Hello,
It looks like Multiwii has no more development since 2.4 version. I miss the time 2012-2013, this forum was very busy with so many alive topics, everyone flied, tested new features... I've still kept visiting this forum occasionally but many old experienced members seem no longer available except PatrikE, Leo.

Just want to rebuild my tricopter, Y6 with new better hardwares, but only with multiwii. Are you still flying guys? :geek:

Hamburger

Re: Many people here still flying Multiwii?

Post by Hamburger »

sure. Summer season was for flying and life in general, now winter is imminent so

Leo

Post by Leo »

I have two QC's and both fly with MW 2.4. I don't have any experience with other FC systems but for me don't see any reason to switch.

vpb

Post by vpb »

Oh so good to hear that, you're still there Hamberger. Happy flying guys! ;)

Metori

Post by Metori »

I'm still flying my quad with MW2.4 and have no reason to switch to another software.

ninjaandy

Post by ninjaandy »

still flying mw2.3, has anyone installed multiwiiconf on to a linux machine, or maybe a raspberry pi 3

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

MultiWii is still my first choice in my planes.

vpb

Post by vpb »

PatrikE wrote:MultiWii is still my first choice in my planes.

One thing that's still stuck in my RC todo-list is building a fpv plane and use your custom MW firmware. :)

ninjaandy wrote:still flying mw2.3, has anyone installed multiwiiconf on to a linux machine, or maybe a raspberry pi 3

Yes, I used Linux 3 years ago, from MW 2.1 -> 2.2, then on Mac now. Why dont u switch to MW2.4?

ninjaandy

Post by ninjaandy »

Has anyony tried putting the multiwiiconf on a raspberry pi 3, cos I could do with some help please..

ditrone

Post by ditrone »

I fly multiwii everyday. Love it. Cheap reliable fast from my experience with quadcopter. By default slapped onto a frame, it flys better than apm cc3d and pixhawk out the box. GUI works in debian linux (something that has prevented me from using cc3d boards hardly at all). Just bought two boards the other day to build canard. No vehicle I've ever operated has felt more "locked in" as multiwii on fpv.

ditrone

Post by ditrone »

ninjaandy wrote:still flying mw2.3, has anyone installed multiwiiconf on to a linux machine, or maybe a raspberry pi 3

I use multiwii conf on Debian GNU Linux. Raspian is based on debian so i bet it would run just fine. Just make sure version on board is same as version on computer.
Also might just log in as root and run it from console instead of messing with permissions.

vpb

Post by vpb »

Any latest flying clip guy? Just want to know you're still flying with MW out there ;)