2.4 is finally here :)

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Leo

Re: 2.4 is finally here :)

Post by Leo »

Alex,

I've updated Arduino to 1.6.5. Now I am getting lots of warnings....

Code: Select all

#define SERVO_1_PIN_HIGH           PORTL |= 1<<5;
 ^
def.h:617:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
   #define SERVO_1_PIN_HIGH           PORTC |= 1<<3;PORTL |= 1<<5;
 ^
def.h:1432:0: warning: "SERVO_1_PIN_LOW" redefined [enabled by default]
   #define SERVO_1_PIN_LOW            PORTL &= ~(1<<5);
 ^
def.h:618:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
   #define SERVO_1_PIN_LOW            PORTC &= ~(1<<3);PORTL &= ~(1<<5);
 ^
def.h:1433:0: warning: "SERVO_2_PINMODE" redefined [enabled by default]
   #define SERVO_2_PINMODE            pinMode(45,OUTPUT);        // TILT_ROLL
 ^
def.h:619:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
   #define SERVO_2_PINMODE            pinMode(35,OUTPUT);pinMode(45,OUTPUT); // TILT_ROLL  - WING right
 ^
def.h:1434:0: warning: "SERVO_2_PIN_HIGH" redefined [enabled by default]
   #define SERVO_2_PIN_HIGH           PORTL |= 1<<4;

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

I have updated my Multiwii 2.4 to arduino 1.6.5, as well. Fortunately, I am not facing any issue. Maybe there is another reason?

Leo

Post by Leo »

That's because you don't have the same setup is I do.

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

Leo wrote:That's because you don't have the same setup is I do.
You are right, that our configurations differ. But, I assessed that you have a CRIUS_AIO_PRO flight controller and that you are using servos (for a tricopter, for cantrig, gimbal, etc.). With this configuration I am not facing problems, neither. If you want you can post your config.h for further elaborations.

Leo

Post by Leo »

Here you go: http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/helicopters/forums/config.h

With 1.5.3 no warning messages, with 1.5.6 I get warning messages.

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

Hi Leo,
Lastly, I found out, that you can select the warning level of the arduino IDE under preferences. With the new version 1.6.5 initially I have switched it off. If I enabled it, I received the same warnings as you. I was not aware about that feature in previous releases. So: yes, there are warnings.
Last edited by QuadBow on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leo

Post by Leo »

Thanks for checking it out....

The point of my post was that I'd like for Alex to look into it. I'm one that tries to avoid warnings on code if at all possible.

SkySpaghetti

Post by SkySpaghetti »

I'm having a heck of a time getting 2.4 to work on my Tricopter build using a MW Pro 2.0 board from ReadyToFlyQuads.com

I've posted a thread ( viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6772&p=65916#p65910 )and have had a few people try and help but nothing seems to work.

Any input is much appreciated!

Thanks for all the hard work.

zain

Post by zain »

Hi,
I need your help, please.
if I want to understand all of this code, where can I start ??
- I want to build my automated quacopter, so I want to understand all the code in order to modify it for my purpose. Another reason to understand the code is that building the quadcopter is my graduation project so I can't use this code directly without really understand it. I don't want to re-invent the wheel, but maybe I will also need to modify it sometime in order to do some missions.

gregd72002

Post by gregd72002 »

it very much depends on what your starting point is - do you know how RC flight controllers work? I assume that you do, then one way of understanding the logic is to start with protocol.cpp (MSP) and follow the basic instructions like RC through the execution. You will quickly learn that the whole thing is implemented in MultiWii.cpp in a relatively simple way :)

But again, it all depends on what exactly you want to achieve.

zain

Post by zain »

first, very thanks to you gregd72002,
Actually, I don't know how RC flight controllers work. I'm trying to understand it in order to move to autonomous. I spend very much time and work trying to understand this code, (full depending on my programming skills and my little intelligence). I'd to know if there is a source explaining in details all the parts of the code. At little, I know where to go when I got stuck. and speeding my progress.

Zviki

Post by Zviki »

Hi to all (anybody?). I made a big mistake - I bought a second hand HK Multiwii pro fc. For 30€. At first my thoughts was "what a great board!". Now... Almost all links and threads are dead and I can't use this fc, because I can't arm it. At first try I burned my Spektrum ar6210 receiver. Now I have a new one but fc can't recognize it. No matter what I did the quad is dead. At first it was MegaPirate firmware uploaded, now I flashed MultiWii 2.4 and still nothing. Any suggestions please?

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

First things first. This is not really a software development kind of question. You really should have posted this in another thread. Shields, boards and sensors comes to mind for some reason, I don't know, maybe because this question is about a board? Or even better, Getting Started - MultiWii config and setup viewforum.php?f=18 The forum is setup so that you can post questions in an appropriate thread where others will more likely help you than if a question off topic (like this one) is posted in the wrong place. Or am I being too captain obvious with this?
Zviki wrote:Hi to all (anybody?). I made a big mistake - I bought a second hand HK Multiwii pro fc. For 30€. At first my thoughts was "what a great board!". Now... Almost all links and threads are dead and I can't use this fc,
I have no idea what you mean by links and threads when it comes to a FC
Zviki wrote:because I can't arm it.
If you supply it with 5v DC and the FC LEDs light up it is still working. To arm it involves setting the FC and the TX up correctly (see links below)
Zviki wrote: At first try I burned my Spektrum ar6210 receiver. Now I have a new one but fc can't recognize it. No matter what I did the quad is dead. At first it was MegaPirate firmware uploaded, now I flashed MultiWii 2.4 and still nothing. Any suggestions please?

You probably should go read and try and understand things at this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1726790
Then go read EVERYTHING at this link. http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Fair warning. Some of the pinout diagrams at that first link are inaccurate. Find a page by searching "HK multiwii pro with MTK3329 pinouts."
Here's a video by moochasass, https://www.google.com/url/sa=t&rct=j&q ... 5700,d.aXo related to setting that board up.
If you fried a receiver somehow by hooking it up to this FC, it is most likely not the FC's fault, but instead, you most likely had some wires on wrong. Now that you have probably supplied reverse polarity or the wrong voltage or whatever fried your RX, there is a chance your FC may be toast too.

Zviki

Post by Zviki »

Thnx. I didn't know that this is a development thread. Most threads and links about this board is old and links are dead. Yep, I connected receiver wrong way because diagram was wrong and polarity was changed. Markings on the board are correct but it was too late when I saw that. I hope that board is ok because I already bricked CC3D fc with bad flash (need FTDI adapter to correct this). I bought this board for easy install but now I see that I'll need to learn a lot. Everything works ok (gps, sensors, etc), only receiver is not recognized. Thanks for all links.

Zviki

Post by Zviki »

Well, the last link you provided (about moochasass video) is also dead...
I also posted the question about Spektrum receiver on the rcgroup thread (first link you posted) 3 days ago without any response...

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Zviki wrote:Thnx. I didn't know that this is a development thread. Most threads and links about this board is old and links are dead. Yep, I connected receiver wrong way because diagram was wrong and polarity was changed. Markings on the board are correct but it was too late when I saw that. I hope that board is ok because I already bricked CC3D fc with bad flash (need FTDI adapter to correct this). I bought this board for easy install but now I see that I'll need to learn a lot. Everything works ok (gps, sensors, etc), only receiver is not recognized. Thanks for all links.

Are you running the RX off of 3V or 5V???
The following quote is taken from the MW2.4 config.h.
"The following lines apply only for Spektrum Satellite Receiver
Spektrum Satellites are 3V devices. DO NOT connect to 5V!
For MEGA boards, attach sat grey wire to RX1, pin 19. Sat black wire to ground. Sat orange wire to Mega board's 3.3V (or any other 3V to 3.3V source)."

The HK Red board is a Mega board.
Also, the RX must be bound to the TX before it will work. Here is a link to the manual for that RX http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPMAR6210_Manual.pdf
After reviewing the manual, it states that the RX is 3.5V to 9V so your guess is as good as mine.
After you get your RX working you will need to center up your TX before the FC will arm. The following video explains it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc4ECi6JYX4
Rather than continuing on with this here in this thread, you could start another one in one of the threads I mentioned or you can PM me with any specific questions regarding the HK board (which I also own and have flying successfully.)

Zviki

2.4 is finally here :)

Post by Zviki »

Kbev5709 wrote:
Zviki wrote:Thnx. I didn't know that this is a development thread. Most threads and links about this board is old and links are dead. Yep, I connected receiver wrong way because diagram was wrong and polarity was changed. Markings on the board are correct but it was too late when I saw that. I hope that board is ok because I already bricked CC3D fc with bad flash (need FTDI adapter to correct this). I bought this board for easy install but now I see that I'll need to learn a lot. Everything works ok (gps, sensors, etc), only receiver is not recognized. Thanks for all links.

Are you running the RX off of 3V or 5V???
The following quote is taken from the MW2.4 config.h.
"The following lines apply only for Spektrum Satellite Receiver
Spektrum Satellites are 3V devices. DO NOT connect to 5V!
For MEGA boards, attach sat grey wire to RX1, pin 19. Sat black wire to ground. Sat orange wire to Mega board's 3.3V (or any other 3V to 3.3V source)."

The HK Red board is a Mega board.
Also, the RX must be bound to the TX before it will work. Here is a link to the manual for that RX http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPMAR6210_Manual.pdf
After reviewing the manual, it states that the RX is 3.5V to 9V so your guess is as good as mine.
After you get your RX working you will need to center up your TX before the FC will arm. The following video explains it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc4ECi6JYX4
Rather than continuing on with this here in this thread, you could start another one in one of the threads I mentioned or you can PM me with any specific questions regarding the HK board (which I also own and have flying successfully.)

Only now I saw your answer :oops: But yes. It was connected ok.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Berlin_Crash_Pilot

Post by Berlin_Crash_Pilot »

Hello, is there no answer to thios question since 2014 ? I just encounter the same problem "GUI version v5 Controller version v7".
Is it safe to simply set the version number to 5 in the current 2.4 version ?

juanquy

Post by juanquy »

Now what?

mahowik

Post by mahowik »

For now it's finally here ;)
Last edited by mahowik on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

juanquy

Post by juanquy »

hey I want to give it a try to you fork, do you have a config file for a CRIUS AIOP V2? Can't find my file :( i think my son deleted it, I'm runing V3 with GPS support.

mahowik

Post by mahowik »

juanquy wrote:do you have a config file for a CRIUS AIOP V2?

by default it's configured for CRIUS AIOP... V1 or V2 it doesn't matter...