Control multiwii quadcopter from computer without receiver

monster_fm

Control multiwii quadcopter from computer without receiver

Post by monster_fm »

Hi,

I think everything has been said in the title. I want to control my quadcopter with multiwii on my arduino but i haven't a radio receiver. So i want to replace the receiver with something on my computer. Is this feasible?
The final idea is to replace the radio receiver by a smartphone and control the quadcopter by wifi or bluetooth, but firts i want to do it from computer for test purpose.

Thanks

FengShuiDrone

Re: Control multiwii quadcopter from computer without receiv

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

monster_fm

Post by monster_fm »

hi,

thanks for the repsond, i know the spec of BT and wifi, and i know that you can replace transmitter (here is some project that do it http://aeroquad.com/showthread.php?3297-AeroQuad-controled-by-PC-via-XBEE, http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5272). My point was if i can do it directly with the GUI of multiwii, even if i had to code a little?

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

monster_fm

Post by monster_fm »

hi,

Relax man, first i have not the budget to buy a real radio, that's why i want first to only test it at home in a close space (i do care about safety issues, im not a 14 kids, dont worry about me thanks), secondo it's a nice project like u said, may be you dont need this kind of functionnality but ur are not alone in this planet, and there is not a unique way to think. Third im on the multiwii forum not in RealWordlOfRcFlight.com and specialy in the section 'IDEAS' so im exactly at the right place. Im not a huuge fan of RC, i like more software developement and arduino project, thats why im doing a quadcopter.
Again thanks for your answer, u show me that im wasting my time trying to fly my quadcopter with multiwii GUI, now i know that i should start a software project to make it possible, so now anyone else have good ideas for making it work?

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

You can control a copter with EZ-gui on a Android.
And you can find others have experimented with PC control on the forum.

monster_fm

Post by monster_fm »

Thanks!

Here's the situation, I can connect my arduino with my phone by bluetooth, and i receiver the correct data from my MPU6050, but it only work when the arduino is also connected with the multiwii GUI (i dont understand why). But my motor are still not running with the app. Any idea why? (it's not a hardware problem, my motor and ESC are all fine, they work great when i run a simple sketch on arduino to test them).

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

There's a Arm function...
You need to start with reading wiki.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Wow, we lost a really good one today.... Here's an idea, dont attack people trying to lookout for the hobby (and in a sense you personally too)

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

monster_fm

Post by monster_fm »

hi,

Thanks PatrikE i will test it later today, but i dont think that's my problem.

Cereal_Killer sorry i didn't understand what bother you?

Wipo

Post by Wipo »

this might be what you are looking for:
http://www.multiwii.be/multiwiijoystick