MultiWiiConf is not displaying correctly (white screen)

JohnChubby3

MultiWiiConf is not displaying correctly (white screen)

Post by JohnChubby3 »

Hello,

I am new in this forum and am building my first quadcopter. At that time I alfready set my settings in the config.h code and flahsed the MultiWii with the firmware. Now I want to calibrate the accelerometers and magnetometer. Unfortunately, the MultiWiiConf exe is not working. I only see a white screen.

I uninstalled all Java Programms and installed the latest one. I already put the PATH settings in "advanced system configuration --> variables".

Please find attached the screenshot of what I see when I start the MultiWii program. I tried the 32-bit and 64-bit version. There is no difference in reaction. I use Windows 10 for information. I also tried to open the file in adminstrator mode with compatibility mode (Win 7, 8 etc).

Now I am on a point where I do not no what I still can do and would be very appreciated if someone could help me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,
John
Attachments
Fehler_MultiWiiConf.png

Kbev5709

Re: MultiWiiConf is not displaying correctly (white screen)

Post by Kbev5709 »

Looks to me like it is freezing up right before the configurator actually opens. I get that white screen for about three seconds then the program opens all the way. Have you tried waiting about five minutes for it to go on to the final screen? Maybe your 'puter is messing with you. If that doesn't work maybe you should re-install it. Just taking a guess.I've never had that problem.

JohnChubby3

Post by JohnChubby3 »

Thank you Kbev for your answer. Unfortunately, it did not work even when I was waiting 10min :-(

JohnChubby3

Post by JohnChubby3 »

Can nobody help me with this problem?

Otherwise, it should be possible to do all these things with the multiwii App and by bluetooth isnt it?
So, do I essentially need the MultiWiiConf exe?

If I find no solution I thin I have to change to a flyduino -.-

Best Regards,
John

JohnChubby3

Post by JohnChubby3 »

Hi@ all,

first of all, happy new year!!

Is here someone with programming experience in JAVA who can explain this problem?

If I understood it correctly, the MultiWiiConf exe is a Arduino based pde code. When I am opening the MultiWiiConf.pde file in the Arduino software and check it, there is a compiling error. Could this error have something to do with the failure?
I started the MultiWiiConf.exe on another PC without any problems (WIN7), but I am normally working on my WIN10 Ultrabook. As mentioned before it seems that it will be blocked at a certain stage of booting. Could a firewall/admin problem be the root cause for that?

Due to the fact that the file is start opening, it should not be a problem with JAVA.

Some more information:
I have a new Lenovo Ultrabook U330p with i5 processor and 8GB SSD. The notebook should not be the problem :-P.
I tried also the MultiWii versions 2.3 and 2.0 --> no change in reaction --> white screen all the time after opening the multiwiiconf exe.
I de- and reinstalled all JAVA versions and put the PATH in system configuration...
I have installed various Arduino versions 1.0.5, 1.6.4, 1.6.7, just to be sure that there is no problem with it (but I was sure that this should not have an impact, because multiwiiconf exe is running without Arduino and therefore independent from it).

Thank you all very much in advance.

Best Regards,
André

Leo

Post by Leo »

MultiWiiConf is programmed with http://processing.org/, not Arduino.

You will need to download version 2.2.1. for MultiWiiConf.

JohnChubby3

Post by JohnChubby3 »

Hi Leo,

you are right, thanks for your information! I installed Processing 2.2.1 and tried to run the MultiWiiConf source code.
There was a first failure of missing library pack controlP5, what I have installed then. Unfortunately there are errors shown that the subfunctions like "controlP5.setControlFont(font12);" does not exist. Does anybody knows how I can solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Best,
John