Multiwii 2.4 CRIUS board Neo-6M GPS Setup

Matt

Multiwii 2.4 CRIUS board Neo-6M GPS Setup

Post by Matt »

I recently ordered the Aerosky 550 Hexacopter along with the Neo-6M GPS Add on module. I am using my own FlySky-TH9X transmitter and receiver. I have used Arduino to update the firmware to Multiwii 2.4 on the CRIUS v2.1 board. I am fairly new to using Multiwii and Arduino so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I cannot get the external GPS module to work with the MWC Flight Controller.
In the Multiwii GUI it moves the compass when I rotate the 550 but it isn't using the external Mag that I have plunged in. The LED on the GPS is green and when I have the Multirotor plugged into the computer, the flight control board flashes Yellow three times repeatedly as if it has a GPS lock. However when it is unplugged and using just the battery, there is no yellow light.

Could you please tell me what I need to do to get the GPS to work so that I can use it with way points, return to home, and other autonomous flight modes.

Kbev5709

Re: Multiwii 2.4 CRIUS board Neo-6M GPS Setup

Post by Kbev5709 »

Ok, I can find the Crius v2.0 and the Crius V2.5 but searches are not really turning up Crius v2.1. If you are running a crius v 2.0 that is a 328p processor and a GPS won't run on it. Not really enough memory. If you are running a v2.5, ditto.
If your Crius is an AIO http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 863X49.pdf
that is an Atmega 2560 and you can run GPS. Exactly what FC are you using? That's stuff I'll need to know to be able to help. The only thing I'm getting with your version number that says crius on it is this mav link device http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crius-MAVLink-O ... SwWnFV757o

Matt

Post by Matt »

Yes, you are correct. The board is actually an Crius AIO pro v2. I a currently running Multiwii 2.4

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Matt wrote:In the Multiwii GUI it moves the compass when I rotate the 550 but it isn't using the external Mag that I have plunged in.
Could you please tell me what I need to do to get the GPS to work so that I can use it with way points, return to home, and other autonomous flight modes.

The Crius has an on-board mag so if you have one on your GPS module, don't plug the wires for that one in. There should be two sets of wires coming off of your GPS module if it has it's own mag. There should be two mag wires meant to go in the i2c port. Don't use them. For the GPS wires on the module (there will be 4 of them) plug your power (+ & -,) TX and RX into a serial port (with the TX and RX reversed from one to the other) Set your serial port speed to 115200, set your GPS baud to 57600, etc. etc.
In your Config.h you need to have everything set up to run GPS.
I don't know what all you have done so far.
Also, in searching through the boards definitions in config.h I could not find one for your board. If you are using one and know it's right keep on with that one. If things seem weird, try enabling just your sensors or something.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

I just got the exact same GPS module to work with my mega pro 2 board with both serial and GPS baud speeds at 115200.
Picks up 7 to 9 satellites indoors. I noticed that it takes sometimes up to 5 or 6 minutes to get a satellite lock. Sometimes even longer. You really need to be patient some days and others it locks right up with several at once right away.

rage

Post by rage »

I have a problem with
CRIUS All IN ONE PRO Flight Controller V2.0 and U-blox NEO-6 V3.1 GPS.
Firmware 2.4

In MultiWii gui sees 6-9 satellites, determines the location.

In the GPS Hold the motor does not run.
I calibrate all the sensors.

when I select mode which is connected to the GPS does not start the engine.
In multiwii gui when selecting a GPS does not turn green button with GPS functions.
what could be the problem?