Newbie Question Debugging Flip MWC 1.5

Rshan

Newbie Question Debugging Flip MWC 1.5

Post by Rshan »

As a father and son project we built our own tricopter, not from a kit. We're learning a lot but have a lot to learn.

I'm guessing this is a simple, newbie question for any of you who know what you're doing:

When the FC is plugged into usb, everything seems to work perfectly, even before turning on MultiWiiConf 2.3. Motors and servo working, all controls seems to respond correctly. Just one problem: When disconnected from the usb there seems to be no power to the FC (Flip MWC 1.5). None of the FC lights are on. Motors don't spin. ESCs must be hooked up properly to the FC since everything works as long as usb is connected. I'm guessing I'm missing something simple?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

FengShuiDrone

Re: Newbie Question Debugging Flip MWC 1.5

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rshan

Post by Rshan »

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I'm using Emax Simon Series 20 Amp ESC for Multi-Copters. They have built-in 5V, 2 amp BECs. I tested and am getting 5V from the 3 ESCs into FC D9, D10 and D11 (and only a small voltage to D3 which is connected to a servo). So the FC is getting 5V but somehow not switching from the usb to ESCs for power source?

Rshan

Post by Rshan »

And I forgot to add that I do have a Li Po battery plugged in.

chesterakl

Post by chesterakl »

Hi, bumping this one up because I'm having the same problem and can't find a solution.

SkySpaghetti

Post by SkySpaghetti »

When using the ESCs built in BECs you should only use 1 BEC and only connet the signal wires from the other 3 ESCs to the flight controller.

You may be over-powering the system when you use the Lipo causing something to cut off to prevent damage.