need support to MEGA3.21 multiwwi 2.4

flygone

need support to MEGA3.21 multiwwi 2.4

Post by flygone »

Hi alls,

I have finish my quad, also I have 3 problems:

1>Difficult to calibrate MAG, after calib, directions are not exact. (I calibrate during 30 seconds, during blink leds )

2> My GPS (MN8 Ublox) fixe correctly satellites (multiwiiconf) , but I not sure alls config.h parameters are correct, where I can find a tuto for these or extract config.h ?

3> I have a problem with one motor. The standby rpm are correcte, but the rpm is too low the other when I move my quad , why ? (my ESC are correctly define in config.h = Plush 10A and calibrated)

Sorry many questions and my English, I am newbe on quad system.

@@

edsimmons3

Re: need support to MEGA3.21 multiwwi 2.4

Post by edsimmons3 »

Hi,

Have you calibrated ESCs all at once? Is it possible one is calibrated differently? Have you balanced props and checked all motors spin freely?

Do the motor output bars in the GUI show the problem too? Is one bar showing a lower value than the other three?

Mag calibration needs to be repeated until you are happy with the heading...

Please can you share more information about your hardware (flight controller board particularly) and attach your config.h that you used to compile the firmware?

Thanks,
Ed

flygone

Post by flygone »

thk's ED,

When i calibrate ESC, there are no props, and alls motors in same time. (I use special function in config.h)

For MAG , I'll test later..

For my motor rear left, Yes i have the problem in output bars only when I move quad (pitch front), normaly two motors rear must be speedy, but left, is not correct ( min rpm and max rpm are ok, but not proportionnal)

See my config.h
[urlhttp://dubuf.free.fr/karmania/index.html][/url]

many thank's

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

Which flight mode(s) do you have enabled? Can you send a screenshot of the GUI?

Config.h looks ok...

Thanks,
Ed

flygone

Post by flygone »

http://dubuf.free.fr/karmania/index.html

same link, don't forget to refresh your navigator

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

flygone wrote:Hi alls,

I have finish my quad, also I have 3 problems:

1>Difficult to calibrate MAG, after calib, directions are not exact. (I calibrate during 30 seconds, during blink leds )

2> My GPS (MN8 Ublox) fixe correctly satellites (multiwiiconf) , but I not sure alls config.h parameters are correct, where I can find a tuto for these or extract config.h ?

1>Is your FC an "all in one" with all of the sensors included on the board? If it is and you have the correct one selected in config.h then you might want to make sure that you calibrate your mag outdoors and away from any metallic objects. If you have a super high iron content in your soil you can get mag setup problems as well. Even a grid of re-bar under/in your cement driveway can mess it up. Also, related directly to the next question as well, do you live at the magnetic declination of 4.02f? If not, find your correct MD then try and calibrate your compass after the correction in your config.h.
You will find this in the GPS settings section. I think the code even has a link to the site where you can figure out what your MD is.

2>Your config.h sketch needs to have the //#define USE_MSP_WP uncommented. Make it like this #define USE_MSP_WP
Until you do that your GPS is not going to function. As I mentioned above your MD needs set to your actual MD. This will mess with your GPS functionality also if set incorrectly.
Also, I noticed in your config.h sketch that your failsafe is not set up. Please don't fly until you set it.
Just an added tip. Unless you are flying a perfectly balanced craft, you may want to enable one of the two following commands. //#define GYRO_LPF_98HZ if your quad has a little but not bad vibration (well balanced,) and //#define GYRO_LPF_42HZ if your quad is a little bit less than real well balanced.
Last edited by Kbev5709 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

Ok, thanks :)

I can see your stick values are not central on 1500, can you adjust your TX so that you stick values all read 1500? The stick values displayed in the RC
The other option is to change MIDRC (in config.h) to match the values you get with your sticks in the center.

You might also want to uncomment DEADBAND and set it to a suitable value so your stick 'noise' at the central position doesn't get treated as real commands... I have this set to about 10 as my sticks on my TX have perhaps 5-7 noise around the midpoint.

It looks like this problem will be resolved by a bit more setup - I don't actually think there is much wrong with it!

Ed

flygone

Post by flygone »

kbev and Ed,
Thank's again for this adjust.
Yes my MultiwiiMEGA3.21 include alls sensors, I have only uncomment in config.h "#define MultiWiiMega". Ok for calib MAG outside, you have probably raison.
My DM is not 4.02, mine is : +0° 52' Declination is POSITIVE (EAST), but i don' t no translate .....for config.h >>>> ok I have find 1.26
Failsafe is correct now ;-) and ok for gyro LPF.
Ok for stick values, it's ok now.
See you later....go to bed, I work tomorrow.....bye

flygone

Post by flygone »

hi alls,
When I uncomment Failsafe, impossible to rearmed motors, what do you think about it ?
tnk's

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

Does your yaw control move through the full range of 1000-2000 but not beyond it? Do any of your other channels go outside the 1000-2000 range?

flygone

Post by flygone »

no alls channels are in range 1007- 1998 about, center 1500

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

Is Baro mode enabled? YOu can't arm the flight controller when it is in baro mode...

If it is *just* failsafe that prevents you from arming, I'm not sure what is going on.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

In config.h try lowering your mincommand to 900. Also in config.h are you using a Futaba S-Bus Receiver receiver? If not, comment out the #define SBUS_MID_OFFSET 988 //SBUS Mid-Point at 1500. Make it with two forward slashes in front.

Remember, every time you upload a new/modified sketch, unless you uncomment in the config.h section "Memory Savings" the statement, //#define SUPPRESS_DEFAULTS_FROM_GUI, your PID settings will always revert to factory default. So, when you finally get to the point where you start tuning your PIDs, I would suggest that you remove the two forward slashes there as well, or you will be back on the board here asking why your PIDs (and some other values you may have set to your liking) change back to default when you upload a new sketch.

Since I'm going on about PIDs, in your screenshot I see that your Pitch/Roll rate and expo settings suck. Try lowering your rate down below 50 and try your expo around 35. Your rate being set at 90 and expo at 65 will make your stick steering unresponsive and sluggish over 10 percent of the throw in the middle and crazy reactive over the remaining 90 percent on either side of the pitch/roll range. :shock:

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

Yes, I'd agree that the (default!) pitch/roll expo & rate is awful... it's much nicer with the rate lowered...

Should look into changing this default in the code really...

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

edsimmons3 wrote:Yes, I'd agree that the (default!) pitch/roll expo & rate is awful... it's much nicer with the rate lowered...

Should look into changing this default in the code really...

Also, his throttle mid is good to start out but he might want to give the throttle a little expo (25 to 40) to achieve a smoother zone towards the middle to help get a good hover easier. If his mid point doesn't hover at half stick see where it is hovering at and set the mid point to that. If it hovers at 3/4 throttle with the mid point at 50, then up the mid point to 75 and it should now hover at half stick.

flygone wrote:hi alls,
When I uncomment Failsafe, impossible to rearmed motors, what do you think about it ?
tnk's

When you enabled the failsafe, if your settings in arduino (config.h) are wrong in your TX settings section, (I'm talking about the SBUS thing again) it will no longer see the TX because it is looking for SBUS. Just a guess there.

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

That's also a good suggestion, I'll try and get something to that effect written up in the wiki. Cheers :)

flygone

Post by flygone »

hello,
yes it's only when i uncomment failsafe. For the others parameters, I havn't changed, it's a default parameters.
I have read with attention yours comments, I continu my investigations.
Also, Today i have tested my first fly, chooooooooooooooooo, the quad takes off
and slides on the side and backwards. I stop all, i am a newbi..
My radio is a Skyfly FS-T6, I have not define it in config.h

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Since you DON'T have an SBUS receiver you need to comment out the statement I told you about (#define SBUS_MID_OFFSET 988) because right now you have that option enabled and it should not be. You do not need to define it at all in the TX section. Since you are using a Skyfly FS-T6, you need to have EVERYTHING commented in the RX section of config.h. The language thing is obviously a problem and much seems to be lost in your reading of suggestions from those trying to help. I know why you are having these problems and I'm trying to help but if you don't make changes as suggested, no one can help you.

flygone

Post by flygone »

hi kbev,
I do your instructions!!!! sorry but my English is very poor, very difficult for me to write exactly what I think.
I comeback later.
@+

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

Would it help if we used live chat with translation?

Please try to join this free chat room with translation: http://itranslate4.eu/en/chat/join?sid= ... ate%20chat

Ed

flygone

Post by flygone »

hi,
I think alls mods are ok. (execpt failsafe, again same problem)
See new config.h and dump gui conf
http://dubuf.free.fr/karmania/index.html
refresh explorer !

Chat translator is ok, thank you for this information.

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

Hi,

I think now that your throttle might be too low... In the screenshot it shows 977 which is lower than the threshold for failsafe of 985. This will probably stop it from arming.

Set the channel for 1000-2000 (or better yet for safety margin 1005-1995) and you should be ok!

:)

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

edsimmons3 wrote:Hi,

I think now that your throttle might be too low... In the screenshot it shows 977 which is lower than the threshold for failsafe of 985. This will probably stop it from arming.

Set the channel for 1000-2000 (or better yet for safety margin 1005-1995) and you should be ok!

:)

Which makes me wonder if he ever properly centered his TX, the FIRST step in Multiwii set up. I don't think anyone has asked him that yet.

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

Yeah... I think we covered it briefly.. He's probably got mechanical trims (my friend the other day couldn't arm his quad about 3 times due to accidentally moving the throttle trim...)

I have opened an issue on github regarding the default values for pitch&roll Expo and Rate: https://github.com/multiwii/multiwii-gu ... g/issues/1 hopefully this can be resolved soon.

Thanks.
Ed

flygone

Post by flygone »

Hi ,
Yes it's ok now, the Failsafe work fine. Thank you.
Also, now, I don't understand very well the switch config on TX (aux1 et aux2), because in multiwiicong, there is 3 positions switch, and in mine, I have only 2 positions on button.
Can you explain me, and what is the best config for the switch in my radio ?
tnk's

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

If your switch is only two positions, you can enable one set of modes on the low position, then set other modes on the high and mid positions.... This way it doesn't matter very much what values the switch gives...

I hope that helps....

Ed

flygone

Post by flygone »

Other question please, do you know the leds function on Mega PCB ??
LED1, 2, 3, 4. ????

The accelerometer has significant variations in Z when the quad is laid flat, and I accelerated the engines, is it mormal ?

New link for web site now building:
http://dubuf.free.fr/maxfly/index.html