MultiWii OSD - MWOSD

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Leo

Re: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD

Post by Leo »

neokiller62 wrote:@shikra - I have done a font update, it didn't change anything...

Neo... before you do anything else download the latest build which shikra posted above.

Use the GUI to upload e.g. LARGE fonts. Hook up your OSD to your Multicopter and and let us know what you see in your goggles.

Oh, and don't forget to power the OSD with 5V from the FC and 12V from an external source (but only if you haven't done the 5V OSD mod!)

shikra

Post by shikra »

First – good to hear the copter is rebuilt. I have one to do as well. I hate copters sometimes. At least I know the issue – pilot error!

OK so good that the upload using config works. Happy with that.
I hope also the eeprom clear in there will be of value too.

For fonts..
I think there is some misunderstanding here. To me its clear as I know how it works but I definitelyy need to document this somewhere. I can see how this would be misinterpreted.

What is loaded on the OSD is never known to the GUI So if update the OSD font to say large, restart the GUI and the GUI simulator will show default.
Unfortunately that is the way it works. It was only ever an aid and the GUI sim doesn’t truly replicate the OSD.
It would be possible to improve, but the memory overhead is just too much for me to accept unfortunately. Also think how long it takes to update a font – it’s the same in reverse to truly read fontfile from the OSD!

For the GUI, it always loads “default” at start. It doesn’t remember. It would be possible to change this so it remembered the last used font – but same issue that it is not in sync with the OSD would apply. So I think maybe nothing to gain.

Leo

Post by Leo »

Damn... If I had known that! .....I've suddenly come up with a guilt feeling :(

What I probably would do in your case would be to use a variable that is saved in eeprom and declare the font types with it. E.g. default = 0, large = 1, and so forth.
When the GUI downloads the data from the OSD it reads the variable and loads the appropriate font type in the GUI.

DUKE40

Post by DUKE40 »

Finally found the culprit, it was my LC filter, it made the input voltage drop below 4.5V which is definitively too low for MAX Chip on the OSD.
Now there is nothing left, which could hinder the mayden in the next days.

Leo

Post by Leo »

R1.5 Release seems to be out :)

However in the #define INTRO_VERSION it states "MWOSD - DEV 1.5.1". I changed mine to "MWOSD - 1.5.0"
It would be cool if you could change that every time you make new builds. I use it to identify which version I have installed on the OSD.

Oh, the " ;}mode;" is still present.

Leo

Post by Leo »

Well, I'm back in the air after rebuilding my quadcopter :)

I also tried out the "default large.mcm" for the first time. I like the bigger numbers on the screen however I might change them a bit.

I did find an error in the font file. Font #38 is empty as it is missing in the crosshair (see below picture, hard to see, I know). Please fix it.

Oh, I also configured fail-safe and was able to successfully test it :)
A shame that I never took this option seriously and learnt the hard way!

Leo

Leo

Post by Leo »

When I first saw the new fonts in the video I just felt the numbers didn't look right. They are shadowed where as the rest of the fonts aren't.
I have now edited the font numbers to make them look more aligned to the rest of the fonts.
I also made cosmetic changes to many other fonts and corrected the error found in the crosshair.

Here is an example:

You can download my version here: http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/helicopters/QuadCopter/programs/default%20large%20updated.mcm

Leo

shikra

Post by shikra »

Thanks Leo. Apologies for delay - have been away for last week.
Font amended in main repository

Changes look good to me.

What do you think about the fonts for the alphabet in this one.
Feedback I have had is that larger numeric / smaller size alphabet is great, but the alphabet fonts could do with changing to the more square style like the numerics. But still retain the smaller size.
Thanks to Schnupperm for this font style...

Leo

Post by Leo »

You don't have to apologies. You could have been on a Canadian vacation which you would obviously deserve ;)

I did look at the letters but thought they are good enough. However I will take another look and let you know if I find something more suitable.

Mariete

MultiWii OSD - MWOSD

Post by Mariete »

Hi.

How can I connect and see a temperature sensor on the OSD?

WhatWouldJudasDo

Post by WhatWouldJudasDo »

I've been trying for hours to get a accurate reading out of my current sensor. I cant seem to get the numbers right.

I'm running the micro-minim(kv mod from RTFQ) as a standalone, on V R370(its the only version I was able to get voltage to work), I have thishttp://www.readytoflyquads.com/rtflyer-power-module current sensor,I'm running 4S lipo.

It reads the amperage just cant get the values dialed in. I can get it to read 0 but when throttle is given is only rises to ~10a (should be ~20a).

-Derek

WhatWouldJudasDo

Anyone?

shikra

Post by shikra »

R370 is kvosd - so prob why your not getting an answer. The current sensor stuff is completely different to MWOSD and I can't remember back that far to help much.
Only thing can suggest...
make sure using 5v voltage reference if using current sensor. You'll have all sorts of challenges trying to calibrate if not set right

WhatWouldJudasDo

Where would I see/change the 5v reference ?

shikra

Post by shikra »

Not sure on R370

Its either on the GUI or config.h

Aftershocker

Post by Aftershocker »

Hello! Just changed my Cc3d firmware from Openpilot to Cleanflight (latest Betaflight). With Openpilot was using Minoposd fw to read flight battery voltage hooked up with voltage divider to Atmega Adc6 (pin19). Now changed minimosd fw to latest R1.5. But i cannot read voltage anymore, because as i saw that in Mwosd it is on different pin.
Where in sketch can i change that. Cannot find any info in google. I am not programmer, but i think it is not so difficult. Just do not want dismount everything and desolder and solder to the right pin.

denof

Post by denof »

hi all, i have a question, i have instead of a direction to home arrow a few letters n,s,e,w, i know what it means, but why i do not have the arrow like everyone?
is there a way to change from the letters to the arrow?

thx

rubadub

Post by rubadub »

how far off is getting the mavlink support setup for MWOSD??

Leo

Post by Leo »

I need some advice concerning the display voltage option.
My OSD board has this option. I have it connected directly to the lipo (plus) to read voltage. I set up the display as stated in MWOSD guide "Calibration".
Fully charged 3S lipo at 12.6 volts. Adjusted it to 12.6V on the display using "Voltage adjust".
Now, when I take to the air the voltage display jumps down to 12.3V, a difference of ca. 0.3 which I have throughout the whole flight.
When I land after the flight and turn the motors off the voltage display will jump back by ca. 0.3 volt on the OSD display, in my case 11.1V. In the air just before touchdown it shows 10.8V on the display.
Is this normal behavior?

err888

Post by err888 »

Yes its normal. When high current devices like motors draw current there will be a voltage drop on the main power source, i. e. the battery. The more current drawn the voltage drop will be more significant.

Leo

Post by Leo »

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that I've done everything correctly on my setup.
To compensate I think I will just add 0.3V using "Voltage adjust" (edit 2) or set the alarm lower by 0.3V.

Edit: For reference I'm using v1.5.2.0 - R1.6 pre.
Last edited by Leo on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

rubadub

Post by rubadub »

is shikra even still monitoring this thread?

shikra

Post by shikra »

Not very often !!

Best to use fpvlab one for support.

obbiwan

Post by obbiwan »

Hello,
from a card MultiWii I set up a minimOSD, it works not too bad but I have wrong information such as altitude or speed, plus the summary at the end of the flight is false or blank

I do not see or I planted myself in the config

Thanks for your help

:oops: I'm sorry for my english, i'm french and I use google translate