MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Hypermobile

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by Hypermobile »

First Dashware Test :-)

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Hypermobile wrote:First Dashware Test :-)

I like the concept and tried to use it but my computer crashes any time I try to edit videos on it. Anyone know why that would happen????

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Clean your PC...adware malware virus or something else.
Try a different PC....but this is not the place for these question i guess

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Sorry, I got it working ok. I had some kind of conflict with another video editor. Uninstalled that editor and everything is fixed. I asked that question here because this is the only place that OTHERS USING THIS APLICATION FOR THIS PURPOSE might be found (especially since this is where I found out about it.) I was asking hoping that others who use it might have had the same issue and they might be able to shed light on my problem. You're right though, I should have started a new topic. Anyway, I forgot to delete it after I figured everything out. My fault there. I also posted a video and gave you a thank you for giving me the heads up on this software. Thanks again.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

it's maybe nice to post your result :roll:

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Hypermobile wrote:it's maybe nice to post your result :roll:
Yes, I did post it but in the "Videos" topic, not here. The post is called Using Dashware to Enhance a Video.

IamTheVector

Post by IamTheVector »

can someone explain how pid auto tuning works? I did not found any guide for that.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

IamTheVector wrote:can someone explain how pid auto tuning works? I did not found any guide for that.

What auto tunning?

Johninarky

Post by Johninarky »

I just installed a full version of EZ-GUI and am trying to get it connected. When I bring up the App., the Settings tab is grayed out so I can't set up the correct settings. Need a hint.
John

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

Johninarky wrote:I just installed a full version of EZ-GUI and am trying to get it connected. When I bring up the App., the Settings tab is grayed out so I can't set up the correct settings. Need a hint.
John

May I see a screen capture?

Johninarky

Post by Johninarky »

ezio wrote:
Johninarky wrote:I just installed a full version of EZ-GUI and am trying to get it connected. When I bring up the App., the Settings tab is grayed out so I can't set up the correct settings. Need a hint.
John

My error Ezio. I just got the phone and am trying to get used to it. I am able to get to the settings now. Selected BT and then 2.4. When I try to connect, it says BT: Wrong Mac address. This is on a R2FQ Mega 3.0EZ which I have used with another BT module and an Iphone App and it worked fine. I then tried an other quad with a Flip32+ and Cleanflight. I chose Cleanflight as the firmware.
After trying to connect it came up with the same "Wrong Mac address". On the settings page, BT is selected (Green} and under Select Multiwii BT is says Mac: have been paired. I then return,press ok to restart, and press connect, and it disconnects and puts out the Mac error. This phone does not have a sim card in it yet. I down loaded your App with my Wi_Fi
if that has anything to do with it.
John

ezio

Post by ezio »

Johninarky wrote:
ezio wrote:
John

My error Ezio. I just got the phone and am trying to get used to it. I am able to get to the settings now. Selected BT and then 2.4. When I try to connect, it says BT: Wrong Mac address. This is on a R2FQ Mega 3.0EZ which I have used with another BT module and an Iphone App and it worked fine. I then tried an other quad with a Flip32+ and Cleanflight. I chose Cleanflight as the firmware.
After trying to connect it came up with the same "Wrong Mac address". On the settings page, BT is selected (Green} and under Select Multiwii BT is says Mac: have been paired. I then return,press ok to restart, and press connect, and it disconnects and puts out the Mac error. This phone does not have a sim card in it yet. I down loaded your App with my Wi_Fi
if that has anything to do with it.
John

Hi
Sorry for the delay
Sim card is not necessary.
Try to go to Raw data and press "clear app settings" button and select BT module one more time. Maybe this will help.

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Mine was doing the wrong mac addy thing too. I fixed it under the settings tab. Under connection select Bluetooth option. Then under Bluetooth Device press the Select Multiwii BT button. Then that will open up a Paired Devices screen (it should also have your old mac addy in there.) ....The following step is IMPORTANT and from what you described, you skipped it... Now, press the Scan For Devices button. That should re-recognize your module and you should hook up right away. :mrgreen:

Johninarky

Post by Johninarky »

Thanks Ezio and FengShuiDrone,
Update: When I looked in the App settings, it showed BT paired. When I look in the Bluetooth phone settings it showed
BT paired and the name of my Quad330 which I entered at the time of setting the baud rate. Since I don't understand
what Mac Address is, I called my phone carrier. They said since I purchased the phone unlocked and didn't buy if from
them, they couldn't help since their software wasn't in the phone, call Motorola and get a firmware update. So I called Motorola and they had me try a number of things, which didn't work and finally decided to update. That ended up with
the phone no longer able to get to my Wi-Fii and not working. So they decided the phone was bad and had me send it back. I don't think so. At any rate I will have a couple week wait for a new phone.

Ezio:
Try to go to Raw data and press "clear app settings" button and select BT module one more time.
Is Raw data a tab on your App?

FengShuiDrone:
Mine was doing the wrong mac addy thing too. I fixed it under the settings tab. Under connection select Bluetooth option. Then under Bluetooth Device press the Select Multiwii BT button. Then that will open up a Paired Devices screen (it should also have your old mac addy in there.) ....The following step is IMPORTANT and from what you described, you skipped it... Now, press the Scan For Devices button. That should re-recognize your module and you should hook up right away.
I think I did that since the phone bt settings showed the name given to the hc06 bt module. Is the problem that either the
App or Hc06 needs to know a Mac address?
Since I have 3 quads, would I have to do this for each one before I fly?

On Multiwii 2.4 quad, I use serial 3, 115K. Is there any Denfine's required in config.h for the App to work?
On Flip32+, Cleanflight 1.90 quad I use serial 1,115K, MSP. Is there any CLI or Pc Gui settings required, such as telemetry?
Thanks again guys for the suggestions. When I get the new phone I will try your suggestions.
John

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

That's all I know is I was getting that error too. I went through it over and over again thinking I did everything. Then, all of the sudden I realized that the Scan For Devices button step was being skipped. I did that and it was like....oh geeeeez. I never even realized that was a button until just now. Fixed my prob right away. I read your description on how you were trying to connect (After trying to connect it came up with the same "Wrong Mac address". On the settings page, BT is selected (Green} and under Select Multiwii BT is says Mac: have been paired. I then return,press ok to restart, and press connect, and it disconnects and puts out the Mac error.) and to me when I read that I don't see the part where you hit the Scan For Devices button. Same thing I was doing exactly.......Also quoting you, "I think I did that since the phone bt settings showed the name given to the hc06 bt module. Is the problem that either the
App or Hc06 needs to know a Mac address?"
You are correct, you did do it in the past. That is why it shows the hc06 module still. Mine was showing my module too. I never lost the info for my BT module in the EZ GUI, it just dropped the MAC addy. When I hit the search for devices my problem went away instantly. It re-recognized the module and got it's MAC addy. Instant connect. It was most likely not your phone, but simply a little human error maybe? We all make mistakes.

rubadub

Post by rubadub »

what happened to the detailed stats on the 'raw' panel? Why were they removed? I needed & would use those stats to verify things such as amperage. and, btw, where's amperage? I can't find it anywhere. Before, I was able to check & calibrate my current sensor by using the raw data. please bring back the raw data... :(

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

rubadub wrote:what happened to the detailed stats on the 'raw' panel? Why were they removed? I needed & would use those stats to verify things such as amperage. and, btw, where's amperage? I can't find it anywhere. Before, I was able to check & calibrate my current sensor by using the raw data. please bring back the raw data... :(

Good point.
Tell me what do you need there and I will bring it back.

rubadub

Post by rubadub »

ezio wrote:
rubadub wrote:what happened to the detailed stats on the 'raw' panel? Why were they removed? I needed & would use those stats to verify things such as amperage. and, btw, where's amperage? I can't find it anywhere. Before, I was able to check & calibrate my current sensor by using the raw data. please bring back the raw data... :(

Good point.

thanks!!!
raw amperage, raw amperagesum, raw RSSI, basically everything that's in MSP_ANALOG.
raw MSP_GPS would be nice, but it's not as necessary, as I can get that info in the GPS tab (and I *believe* there's still some GPS stuff in the raw tab, don't remember off-hand).

EDIT:
I just checked, RSSI is still there, but the rest is gone.
How soon could you get the analog stuff back in there?
In the meantime, can I manually downgrade to the previous version that still has the full stats?

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

rubadub wrote:
ezio wrote:

Good point.

thanks!!!
raw amperage, raw amperagesum, raw RSSI, basically everything that's in MSP_ANALOG.
raw MSP_GPS would be nice, but it's not as necessary, as I can get that info in the GPS tab (and I *believe* there's still some GPS stuff in the raw tab, don't remember off-hand).

EDIT:
I just checked, RSSI is still there, but the rest is gone.
How soon could you get the analog stuff back in there?
In the meantime, can I manually downgrade to the previous version that still has the full stats?

The update will be during next week can't do it faster. You can download older version from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyw24i0jpxcxn ... 5.apk?dl=0
But it is quite old.

You will have to update it next week manually.

rubadub

Post by rubadub »

another small feature request... please add I & D terms for MAG to the PID screen.
even though they're currently not being used, it's convenient to use them for setting other values (I'm currently using them to configure the POWERMETER settings).

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

rubadub wrote:another small feature request... please add I & D terms for MAG to the PID screen.
even though they're currently not being used, it's convenient to use them for setting other values (I'm currently using them to configure the POWERMETER settings).

Can't do it. It will raise to many questions.

rubadub

Post by rubadub »

ezio wrote:
rubadub wrote:another small feature request... please add I & D terms for MAG to the PID screen.

Can't do it. It will raise to many questions.

too many questions how?
The full MAG PID structure is already defined in code, it just isn't exposed, and setting the values will do nothing for (almost) everyone. I don't see the harm,it's just two more fields in the GUI :?

Anyway, if not, then can I just compile it myself? Is the source still on a repo somewhere?

BlackGuns

Post by BlackGuns »

Android EZ-GUI app connects to FC (MultiWii Pro) through BT module but gives error - Warning: No Data Received (when powered through battery). The kicker is it works great if the FC is connected to the USB port on my laptop (while using android app through BT). Baud rates between the FC and BT Module are both set at 115200. TX/RX wires are swapped (even twisted together as was noted in an earlier post by ezio). Works great as long as the cord connects the FC to the laptop.

Could it be some sort of power issue? Needs power from laptop USB to work properly? I'm only getting the data errors when FC is powered solely by battery.

I've found this exact issue a couple of times searching through Google but nobody has posted a fix. Really need to lose the cable.

Any ideas?

Update: Here's a YouTube video someone posted of the exact issue I'm having. Maybe it will make better sense than my attempt to describe it with words. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-jlCZ2aSm0

BlackGuns

Post by BlackGuns »

I poked around the board checking voltages. With battery only (battery alone is showing 11.4v) the ESC powering the FC is showing 5.0v. When I check all of the 5v pins on the FC they show 3.97v. The 3.3v rails show 2.89v. When I plug in the latop USB cable they bump up to 4.6v and 3.3v respectively. Also when the laptop is plugged in an extra blue LED lights (right next to the 5v VCC label for the 5v rail). Everything else is disconnected (no GPS, no RX inputs from radio and no other ESCs or Servo).

So, I'm getting a voltage drop across the board (pun intended) when powered by the battery only.

Any idea what could be causing this?

BlackGuns

Post by BlackGuns »

Looks like I'm stumbling onto a "well known" power problem with the MWC Pro board. The linear voltage regulator (AMS1117) exhibits a voltage drop of about 1.2 volts (at 100mA draw). Need to research on how to fix this. Short the input/output of the regulator? No sure yet.

They say that once you can clearly articulate a problem the solution becomes obvious. What started out as a EZ-GUI issue turned out to be a linear regulator on the FC. Go figure. Once I fix I'll post exactly what fixed it.

Leo

Post by Leo »

What controller board exactly are you using?

BlackGuns

Post by BlackGuns »

It's a Multiwii Pro from Hobby King. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

Have confirmed it's a flaw in the design of the board. The AMS1117 expects a 6.5v input. Problem is your typical ESCs are going to put out 5v. I've checked the voltage at the regulator and it's 5.0v going in and 3.97v coming out. Looks like there are three options to get it working. One is to power the board with a 6.5v BEC (at the servo outputs). Second is to rig up a micro-usb connector and run 5v into that. Third is to short the input and output of the AMS1117 with a diode (to prevent back-feeding the ESCs with USB is connected to computer). Of course there could be something else I'm not thinking about.

I'd really like to find the schematics for the board and see what's going on with the telemetry. Even with the 3.97v the BT module should work just fine. But, I'm guessing the board isn't outputting telemetry over Serial 0 because of the low voltage. A schematic would help me confirm but Google isn't turning anything up. Hobby King is offering a version 2 of this board (it's now a blue square) and it doesn't appear to use the same voltage regulators.

Leo

Post by Leo »

The reason I asked, if you had the Crius AIO Pro v2.x board then I would have pointed you to this: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5940

BlackGuns

Post by BlackGuns »

Thanks for the link. I have a somewhat similar problem, albeit, it's much more exaggerated on my board.

BlackGuns

Post by BlackGuns »

A temporary fix that is working right now - I'm powering the board from one of the on-board motor ESC/BEC directly into the micro-usb port. This is allowing me to use EZ-GUI with the FC running on battery power. Had to make a pretty ghetto'sh patch cable but it's working now.

I've ordered a 6.5v BEC that will hopefully be a more permanent solution.

Carl334

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI PID Tuning

Post by Carl334 »

Can someone please direct me the information on how to use EZ_GUI PID Page:

PID In-flight Tuning

I looked every where!

Thanks,
Carl

Never mind I think I got it. It helps to scroll down!
Last edited by Carl334 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught »

I side loaded EZ-GUI onto a Kindle Fire, but am unable to unlock it due to google play not being installed. I could probably jump through a bunch of hoops to get google play installed, but was wondering if there is a simpler way to unlock it and pay the author?

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

pyronaught wrote:I side loaded EZ-GUI onto a Kindle Fire, but am unable to unlock it due to google play not being installed. I could probably jump through a bunch of hoops to get google play installed, but was wondering if there is a simpler way to unlock it and pay the author?

Contact me to contact@ez-gui.com

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

Trying to get EZ-GUI to work with an ImmersionRC Vortex via OTG USB. The Vortex uses Cleanflight, but my Android doesn't seem to recognise the Vortex getting plugged in, and EZ-GUI can't connect. Is the ImmersionRC version of the serial port not compatible with OTG?

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

I tested to set up servos on a plane today with EZ-GUI.
It seems the app crashes if you set rates to negative.
Gui claims -120 to 120

Used 2.3nav protocol if it matters.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

PatrikE wrote:I tested to set up servos on a plane today with EZ-GUI.
It seems the app crashes if you set rates to negative.
Gui claims -120 to 120

Used 2.3nav protocol if it matters.

Could you report it here:
http://ez-gui.com/report_issue/?bugerat ... _project=1
With more details and how to reproduce it, please.

Bart

tekyguy

Post by tekyguy »

Hello. I have a crius 2.5 se with GPS. When I connect to it with ez-gui the mission planner goes away. Is there anyway to use mission planner with this flight controller? What flight controllers does mission planner work with? Thanks!

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

tekyguy wrote:Hello. I have a crius 2.5 se with GPS. When I connect to it with ez-gui the mission planner goes away. Is there anyway to use mission planner with this flight controller? What flight controllers does mission planner work with? Thanks!

Hi
Mission planer works only with Multiwii 2.4 on mega boards.
It is not possible run navigation on boards with Atmel 328 due to insufficient memory.

tekyguy

Post by tekyguy »

Ok thank you for that. What is a good mega board replacement for my crius that would work with the i2C gps? Thanks!!!

Leo

Post by Leo »

Get this board:

In my opinion the best 8bit board for MultiWii.

If you only find a version 2.0 then you can get that one as well.

ezio

Post by ezio »

I have released new LogsConverter as a beta.
Everything has been rewritten from scratch.
To try it go here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... lconverter

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

Why were the servo settings removed for Baseflight & Cleanflight?
They are still there in the Cleanflight Chrome GUI.
Baseflight, well there doesn't seem to be any information about the new mixers & "NO" information on the BoxServo. So maybe I understand removing them for Baseflight.

Any chance I could get the apk for version 3.200.200? :)
I find the servo screen helpful and many times applicable to firmware that I use.

Thanks

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

RC_Adik wrote:Why were the servo settings removed for Baseflight & Cleanflight?
They are still there in the Cleanflight Chrome GUI.
Baseflight, well there doesn't seem to be any information about the new mixers & "NO" information on the BoxServo. So maybe I understand removing them for Baseflight.

Any chance I could get the apk for version 3.200.200? :)
I find the servo screen helpful and many times applicable to firmware that I use.

Thanks

Cleanflight has changed the protocol and servo settings became not compatible. I will implement it when I finish few things.

Leo

Post by Leo »

When I tap on the first Icon i get this screen shot:

Nothing else happens. The app doesn't crash as I can return to the main menu.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Leo wrote:When I tap on the first Icon i get this screen shot:

Nothing else happens. The app doesn't crash as I can return to the main menu.

Thank you for feedback.
This should be ok now. No update is needed.

Bart

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

@Ezio,

Saw the update on the EZGui App.
Front screen is very useful, windspeed temp, solar stuff.

Just wondering is the changelog button gone?

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:@Ezio,

Saw the update on the EZGui App.
Front screen is very useful, windspeed temp, solar stuff.

Just wondering is the changelog button gone?

It is still there. In the new menu, in help option. Press three dots near connect button or menu button in your phone.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Thanks,

btw what Firmware do you use on your Quad??

I'm on 8bits Multiwii 2.3B.
But i guess there is no more progress in the firmware

Just wondering what you're flying

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Hypermobile wrote:Thanks,

btw what Firmware do you use on your Quad??

I'm on 8bits Multiwii 2.3B.
But i guess there is no more progress in the firmware

Just wondering what you're flying

There is a version 2.4 now. It has full support for GPS.

Qeeet

Post by Qeeet »

Could anybody tell me how to connect correctly ESP8266 to MultiWii v2.5?