one shot and disconnecting motors

handsomejackuk

one shot and disconnecting motors

Post by handsomejackuk »

Two questions here maybe someone that rights the code will know..

why do we have to disconnect the escs before enabling / disabling one shot in the gui ?

and the next sort of related but i have disconnected the escs and they still dont work.

I have flashed simonk software all be it an earlier release back on to my afro escs. (I did briefly try blheli but found it to be very sluggish).

Running dys 1806 motors and as i have mentioned afro 12a escs naze 32 cleanflight v 1.8...

my escs no longer appear to work on oneshot if i slide the motor sliders up on the gui no motors spin, disable oneshot, and they work again i am beginning to wonder whether the simonk version 2014-09-30 maybe doesnt support one shot

any thoughts on this ?

fiendie

Re: one shot and disconnecting motors

Post by fiendie »

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

ok so it looks like my afros need the latest update thanks...

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

Latest simonk on Afro 12A with oneshot and Cleanflight is excellent

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

i had a few issues with losing sync since i have rebuilt this quad and could only put it down to flashing a new afro firmware, i tried blheli (not happy) and reflashed the new afro simonk and ever since seem to be having sync issues.. so i went back one version on simonk and have lost oneshot.. i give it another go later.. i was wondering the only thing i have done different with this new build is left off the brown wires on the escs, other than the one feeding the 5v to the FC.... also made my own pdb loom and ditched the pcb style pdb for simplicity... it needs some further investigation though i have a look later i needed a break from it....:-) thanks for the reply Stronnag....