MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Leon11t

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by Leon11t »

A have a litle wifi modul with serial interfase. With microcontroller I wont to create wifi-rc. This rc shod be controled with your app. Sou for this I nead thet information.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

Leon11t wrote:A have a litle wifi modul with serial interfase. With microcontroller I wont to create wifi-rc. This rc shod be controled with your app. Sou for this I nead thet information.

Wifi connection works exactly the same as BT or USB. The same data are sent. It uses MSP protocol. If you implement MSP on your microcontroller it should work.

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

since updating to the latest version this morning i no longer can alter pid values as i am getting the error tpa breakpoint wrong value.... i have altered my looptime to 1500 and enabled one shot last nite, but suspect there may be an issue somewhere.. i have tried altering my tpa breakpoint from 1500 to 1900 but i still get the same issue just thought i would point this out... unless there is something that i have done ?

any ideas..

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

handsomejackuk wrote:since updating to the latest version this morning i no longer can alter pid values as i am getting the error tpa breakpoint wrong value.... i have altered my looptime to 1500 and enabled one shot last nite, but suspect there may be an issue somewhere.. i have tried altering my tpa breakpoint from 1500 to 1900 but i still get the same issue just thought i would point this out... unless there is something that i have done ?

any ideas..

You are using multiwii or naze32 (cleanflight?)?

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

Naze 32 clean flight ... Are there older / previous versions of ezgui so I can go back one version ? Gone back to simonk firmware and taken one shot off, loop time back to 2500 and still got this problem.

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

gone back to previous version as think i was on the test version.. i didnt realise the test versions automatically donloaded/

thanks for the continuous develpoment if i can be any further help please let me know...

thanks again Ezio.... :D

krtek2k

Post by krtek2k »

Hello, is possible to ad support to cleanflight V1.8?
https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... tag/v1.8.0
"NOTE: Other software clients will need updating to use the modified MSP_RC_TUNING command."
I am now not abble to decrease or increase roll and elevator rate, by new v1.8 , it is separed ele or roll rate. EZ GUI have it together till now...
thank you :)

ezio

Post by ezio »

Don't use MISC settings with cleanflight. Not compatible.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

krtek2k wrote:Hello, is possible to ad support to cleanflight V1.8?
https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... tag/v1.8.0
"NOTE: Other software clients will need updating to use the modified MSP_RC_TUNING command."
I am now not abble to decrease or increase roll and elevator rate, by new v1.8 , it is separed ele or roll rate. EZ GUI have it together till now...
thank you :)

Supported in beta version.

joergw

Post by joergw »

Hi ezio,

thx for your great work! Using your EZ-GUI for my Multiwii Quad.
I am having some trouble when i try to go to the MW EINSTELLUNGEN Tab and then "Sonstiges" or "Servos", the message "Verfügbar in 2.3" shows up. I am using latest Multiwii 2.4.

For the checklist, i will start thinking about it. I think it is a good idea. Would probably have saved some props...and hours of fixing my Quad...

Cheers, Jörg.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

joergw wrote:Hi ezio,

thx for your great work! Using your EZ-GUI for my Multiwii Quad.
I am having some trouble when i try to go to the MW EINSTELLUNGEN Tab and then "Sonstiges" or "Servos", the message "Verfügbar in 2.3" shows up. I am using latest Multiwii 2.4.

For the checklist, i will start thinking about it. I think it is a good idea. Would probably have saved some props...and hours of fixing my Quad...

Cheers, Jörg.

Select correct protocol in settings

ramdg

Post by ramdg »

Hello,

I’m interested in the WiFi connection feature of EZ-GUI in order to connect a UART to WiFi converter such as ESP8266 (http://www.electrodragon.com/w/ESP8266).

In order to connect it, I need some information about the EZ-GUI WiFi implementation:
1. Does it use TCP or UDP?
2. Is it a client or a server?
3. Does it need any envelop on top of the MSP protocol?
Any other relevant information is appreciable.

Thanks.

Noctaro

Post by Noctaro »

Hi,
i still enjoy your GUI :)

I have an idea/question.
Would it be possible to see the gyro graph under the motors tab, as soon as #dynbalance is active?
This would help sooo much!

Greetz Noc

joergw

Post by joergw »

Thx ezio. Found it. Did'nt know, that there where several tabs under settings...

Cheers, Jörg

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

Noctaro wrote:Hi,
i still enjoy your GUI :)

I have an idea/question.
Would it be possible to see the gyro graph under the motors tab, as soon as #dynbalance is active?
This would help sooo much!

Greetz Noc

Motor control is also available in Graph section when dynbalance is active

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

ramdg wrote:Hello,

I’m interested in the WiFi connection feature of EZ-GUI in order to connect a UART to WiFi converter such as ESP8266 (http://www.electrodragon.com/w/ESP8266).

In order to connect it, I need some information about the EZ-GUI WiFi implementation:

Thanks.

Hi
EZ-GUI acts as an client, TCP, and MSP protocol is send to the socket.

Hope that helps. Keep me posted. I have ESP8266 laying around.

Noctaro

Post by Noctaro »

@ezio
Ohhhh, great! Thank you! Did not recognize that...

ramdg

Post by ramdg »

ezio wrote:

Thanks.

Hi

Hi
I've played with the module and my findings are as following:

Basically what I've tried to achieve is implementing a TCP "transparent server".
unfortunately, I could only achieve transparent connection when the module is set as a client.
The stock module firmware does not support (for now FW v0.95) transparent server.

I saw it is a known issue and there are some ideas to solve it with modified FW.

I'll try to give it a try and update.

Thanks.

ramdg

Post by ramdg »

ramdg wrote:
ezio wrote:

Thanks.

Hi

Hi
I've played with the module and my findings are as following:

Basically what I've tried to achieve is implementing a TCP "transparent server".
unfortunately, I could only achieve transparent connection when the module is set as a client.
The stock module firmware does not support (for now FW v0.95) transparent server.

I saw it is a known issue and there are some ideas to solve it with modified FW.

I'll try to give it a try and update.

Thanks.

Success.

I’ve managed to access MultiWii (CleanFlight) using EZ-GUI and the ESP8266 WiFi module with the following FW: https://github.com/beckdac/ESP8266-transparent-bridge

Thanks for the inputs.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

ramdg wrote:
Success.

I’ve managed to access MultiWii (CleanFlight) using EZ-GUI and the ESP8266 WiFi module with the following FW: https://github.com/beckdac/ESP8266-transparent-bridge

Thanks for the inputs.

Hi
Great to hear.
Maybe you can write "How To"? I will put it on my website.

dibelardino

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI VBAT problem

Post by dibelardino »

VBAT problem solved.
Some time ago was reported a problem in the VBAT reading into the EZ-GUI.
Today I decided to troubleshoot the problem, and I solved it.
It was very strange, with the USB cable connected the value in the Windows MultiWiiConf the Bat voltage was correct, but in the EZ-GUI trough the Bluetooth was wrong.
In my case it was because I powered the arduino mega through the Vin pin with a UBEC giving 5.5 volts.
Since the Arduino internal voltage regulator lower the voltage of 1 volt, it ended up that Arduino was powered with only 4.5 volts. When the USB cable was connected, the voltage was 5 volts.
In that way, when connected to the USB the VREF was correct and the voltage was calculated correctly, Instead, when powered by the UBEC the voltage, and the VREF was 4.5 and the Voltage calculated was higher.
Solved The problem rising the UBEC voltage to 6 Volts. To detect the problem the Voltage level must be tested on the 5V pin and on the AREF pin. If the voltage is lower than 5 volts the ADC converter will read a wrong value.
Bye Marco

makattack

Post by makattack »

Has anyone noticed with the latest version of EZGUI, and Cleanflight 1.8.1, the verbal cues for voltage and arm state do not sound as they did in previous versions unless you are on the main menu?

In otherwords, if you leave your EZGUI screen on the PID values screen, for example, and arm the aircraft, you won't hear the arm alarm/klaxon. If you fly, it will sound the voltage intervals at whatever voltage level you were on before entering that screen. Is this expected, new behavior or a regression?

Thanks.

galpavlin

Post by galpavlin »

Hi!

Is there any option to disable beeping sound at low voltage? I only want to hear voltage reports. I tried with setting Vbat warning levels to 0 but the alarm is still ringing. Help, please. :cry:

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

galpavlin wrote:Hi!

Is there any option to disable beeping sound at low voltage? I only want to hear voltage reports. I tried with setting Vbat warning levels to 0 but the alarm is still ringing. Help, please. :cry:

In settings set low voltage alarm to 0

galpavlin

Post by galpavlin »

I did but it doesn't help.

rubadub

Post by rubadub »

CLI doesn't appear to work with cleanflight on latest version.
I'm getting a bunch of scrolling garbage in the CLI window.
Is this a known issue?

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

rubadub wrote:CLI doesn't appear to work with cleanflight on latest version.
Is this a known issue?

Screenshot?

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

makattack wrote:Has anyone noticed with the latest version of EZGUI, and Cleanflight 1.8.1, the verbal cues for voltage and arm state do not sound as they did in previous versions unless you are on the main menu?

In otherwords, if you leave your EZGUI screen on the PID values screen, for example, and arm the aircraft, you won't hear the arm alarm/klaxon. If you fly, it will sound the voltage intervals at whatever voltage level you were on before entering that screen. Is this expected, new behavior or a regression?

Thanks.

I will look at it soon.

rubadub

Post by rubadub »

ezio wrote:
rubadub wrote:CLI doesn't appear to work with cleanflight on latest version.
Is this a known issue?

Screenshot?

nevermind, ignore, I had my osd connected simultaneously and it was spewing MSP commands on the serial port.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Would a $25 3DR Radio from Ebay...such like this one.... Work with a regular OTG Cable..(Note 3 Neo).

Or do i need the $100 3Drobotics???

Currently Using Bluetooth....But i like to upgrade to 433 MHZ.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3DR-433MHz-Wireless-Data-Transmission-250kbps-Module-Set-Support-LBT-and-AFA-/291445610182?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43db8316c6

App is Great lately :-) Thanks....work a lot better on my new smartphone too :D

Leo

Post by Leo »

Yes, it will.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:Would a $25 3DR Radio from Ebay...such like this one.... Work with a regular OTG Cable..(Note 3 Neo).

Or do i need the $100 3Drobotics???

Currently Using Bluetooth....But i like to upgrade to 433 MHZ.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3DR-433MHz-Wireless-Data-Transmission-250kbps-Module-Set-Support-LBT-and-AFA-/291445610182?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43db8316c6

App is Great lately :-) Thanks....work a lot better on my new smartphone too :D

It is the same as the one from 3DR and it works perfectly.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Ok good to know

i saw a difference, The 3DR one has a MicroUSB.

rbanga01

Post by rbanga01 »

I'm using a MultiWii SE V2.5 and a HC-05 controller. I tried using the controls under both Radio and Advanced-> Motrol Control, but still not able to control the quad. Any assistance would be really helpful since I'm making it as a Final Year project and have to submit it in 2 days!

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

I've tried posting this topic/question in other threads but it never gets answered so I posted it here hoping for a response from Ezio. I'm just wondering if I can store a separate mission in each of the three profiles using the store multiple profiles in EEPROM option? Also, when using my EZ GUI Groundstation, I found out that the "Trim" (ACC Trim for Level and Horizon) settings needs to be reset in profile 1 and 2 but they always stay where they belong in profile 0. Why can't I save my trims like I can other aspects? It is spoiling my ability to go between three different AUX setups by just clicking the profile change button. Ezio? Got an answer??? :shock: :o :| :roll:
Also, in the Mission Planner section, after creating a waypoint, what does changing the Action to "Jump" or "Set Heading" do? Thanks in advance and I love the app.

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

ezio wrote:
makattack wrote:Has anyone noticed with the latest version of EZGUI, and Cleanflight 1.8.1, the verbal cues for voltage and arm state do not sound as they did in previous versions unless you are on the main menu?

Thanks.

I will look at it soon.

Mine does that too.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

FengShuiDrone wrote:I've tried posting this topic/question in other threads but it never gets answered so I posted it here hoping for a response from Ezio. I'm just wondering if I can store a separate mission in each of the three profiles using the store multiple profiles in EEPROM option? Also, when using my EZ GUI Groundstation, I found out that the "Trim" (ACC Trim for Level and Horizon) settings needs to be reset in profile 1 and 2 but they always stay where they belong in profile 0. Why can't I save my trims like I can other aspects? It is spoiling my ability to go between three different AUX setups by just clicking the profile change button. Ezio? Got an answer??? :shock: :o :| :roll:
Also, in the Mission Planner section, after creating a waypoint, what does changing the Action to "Jump" or "Set Heading" do? Thanks in advance and I love the app.

You can't save a mission for each profile. Even I'm not entirely sure what is saved in each profile. My app is only configuration software and it uses the commands that are available in MultiWii.

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Ok, thank you for the answer on profiles. Now, what does jump do? I can't find the info on that one. Set heading I figured out.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

FengShuiDrone wrote:Ok, thank you for the answer on profiles. Now, what does jump do? I can't find the info on that one. Set heading I figured out.

Jump - jumps to the set waypoint. So ie you can have waipoints 1, 2, 3 and you put jump after a 3rd waypoint and set it to 1, and you can create a loop.

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Thank you for clearing that one up;)

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

@ Ezio, just installed the 3DRadio.
Upgdated the firmware on Both Radio's (Air and Ground)...

messed with the Baud rate, but that's done...and it works :-)

Noticed 2 minor Bugs in EZGui.

1) Checklist voltage Vbat is displayed Wrong...1,54 instead of 15,4Volts
2) When i changes Settings (To Universal Driver (not bluetooth))....App restarts, and Bluetooth will be enabled...(not neccesary).

looking forward the check the range on the next flight :)

(is there any chance you can Explain what the 3DR support and FRSKY support has for function??? (enabled 3DRadio).
I'm Flying FrSky radio....so maybe RSSI of that one??? but HOWO

regards

ezio

Post by ezio »

[quote="Hypermobile"

(is there any chance you can Explain what the 3DR support and FRSKY support has for function??? (enabled 3DRadio).
I'm Flying FrSky radio....so maybe RSSI of that one??? but HOWO

regards[/quote]

read more here http://ez-gui.com/manual/connection/#3dr

3DRRadio checkbox enables some extra functionality to configure and read signal strength from 3dr radio ( it adds new buttons to the main menu) signal strength is available only with special firmware.

FRsky checkbox - this is old functionality. it allows to decode stream of data past via frsky telemetry system. Not updated for quite some time now.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

HI Ezio, i've got some idea's to improve the apps.

MultiwiiLogsconverter, The Dropdown-list is not so handy, the latest Log in not selected but somewhere on the bottom of the list. Maybe invert the list??

Multiwii groundstation app: Is it possible to add a ArmedTimer for a session?? and maybe also a Countdown Timer on Arm?
Maybe with alert, and Tekst-Speech.
Voltage is nice, but i think if know how long you Quad, Hex can be Airborn...it's nice to hear "you've flown for 5 minutes, 2 minutes left."

Also i would like to set Which parameters are Tekst to speech, and how often.
Today i was somewhere at 70 meters, and i needed to wait for 5 or 6 seconds to hear the altitude.

Maybe you can think about it and use some of my idea's??

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

A while ago, i tipped Garmin Verb to overlay the GPX Data (function is broken at the moment... GPX files are empty.)

But i noticed that since March....DASHWARE is Free!! http://www.dashware.net/
It's way more complicated to configurate...but the posibilities are.

I took the time to make a EZGui CSV Converter Profile for Dashware.

Put the CSV file in this directory.
C:\Users\USER\Documents\DashWare\DataProfiles.
Attachments
AA-EZ-Gui-CSV.zip
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 207 times

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

:-)
Attachments
Dashware-small.jpg

ezio

Post by ezio »

I was thinking about rewriting logs converter from scratch but I think there is not much interest for this app.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:A while ago, i tipped Garmin Verb to overlay the GPX Data (function is broken at the moment... GPX files are empty.)

But i noticed that since March....DASHWARE is Free!! http://www.dashware.net/
It's way more complicated to configurate...but the posibilities are.

I took the time to make a EZGui CSV Converter Profile for Dashware.

Put the CSV file in this directory.
C:\Users\USER\Documents\DashWare\DataProfiles.

Nic. I have to try it.

Hypermobile

Re:

Post by Hypermobile »

ezio wrote:I was thinking about rewriting logs converter from scratch but I think there is not much interest for this app.

I think, it does not need much more.

Leo

Re: Re:

Post by Leo »

Hypermobile wrote:
ezio wrote:I was thinking about rewriting logs converter from scratch but I think there is not much interest for this app.

I think, it does not need much more.

I agree. The only thing that needs to be improved is the whole file selection. It's a bit of a pain.

I use the converter almost as much as i use the ground station software.

FengShuiDrone

Re: Re:

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Leo wrote:
Hypermobile wrote:

I don't think people get all the stuff the logs converter can do. I personally like to see what speed all my motors averaged, how high up it got, etc. etc. I'm glad I have it, and use it constantly.