MX Nano MWC v1.31 troubles

Guitarded

MX Nano MWC v1.31 troubles

Post by Guitarded »

I'm about to give up on this and that never happens with me so I'm pleading for help. LOL

I have a MX Nano 1.31 board in a Super-X Quad and am having nothing but troubles in trying to get it work with the GUI or the Arduino IDE. I'm running Windows 8 64bit and the board shows up under ports as USB Serial Port COM3. However when I load the GUI and try to connect I get nothing (checked baud rate etc.) also when I try to flash Multiwii to the board I cannot get it to sync with Arduino (avr_dude hates me). I have been scouring the internet for DAYS on forums and search engines to no avail. I'm running out of patience for this little guy quick and I was really excited about this project!

I will mention that the board works and flies with the factory software running on it but I sure would like to be able to do some tuning and set up some flight modes other than just the stabilize mode (yeah it got boring quick lol) but of course I won't be able to until I can get past this.

I have gone through and tried every board in arduino and I've double checked and reinstalled FTDI drivers, checked software versions, etc. with no luck. I seems as though there is not a reset pad for the jumper on the FTDI stick. What am I missing? (BTW yes I am new to Multiwii) Thanks for your patience and knowledge in advance!
Last edited by Guitarded on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

QuadBow

Re: MX Nano MWC v1.3 troubles

Post by QuadBow »

Try the multiwii version for 32 bit windows!

PS: A nano is supported by Arduino, but not by multiwii. It could work since both are based upon an ATmega328, but who knows whether it really will?
Are you sure that you can upload multiwii? What does the manual / your dealer say to your plans?

Guitarded

Re: MX Nano MWC v1.31 troubles

Post by Guitarded »

Are you sure that you can upload multiwii?

I have not been able to upload anything or communicate at all with the board. Is the 32bit version of the GUI more reliable?

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

Guitarded wrote:Is the 32bit version of the GUI more reliable?
It works perfectly even for a 64bit operation system like windows7.

papo

Post by papo »

i have spent about 2 weeks on forums to no avail this board absolutely sucks

bricamac

Post by bricamac »

I have the same problem, I can configure my Nano MWC board with MultiWiiConf, I didn't succeed to upload a new firmware on it ... May you help me ?

maxdrone

Post by maxdrone »

Any updates?? SOQ! (SaveOurQuads)

Same issue here except I cannot fly mine at all :cry: Bought this https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/sto ... duct=50095 to be able to put new software but cant get it to work with Arduino or the MultiWiiConf program. Also cant bind to ORX T-Six I'm using a mac osx Yosemite the quad is a mx nano multiwii with mega328p. I get this error in Arduino "avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer". I would love to be able to get this flying at least and at hopefully able to work with Arduino and MultiWiiConf so I can update etc.

Please help if you can :D

Thanks
Newb in need of help.
Mike

edsimmons3

Post by edsimmons3 »

Mike, Guitarded, Papo,

Have you chosen the correct board type and serial port in the arduino IDE tools menu? You will get that error if you have the wrong serial port connected, or if you have another device connected to the UART port on your multiwii board (if it is a 328p), for example, disconnect your bluetooth or OSD modules first.

Do you have an FTDI cable to try? The reset of the MCU is important and you'll need to ensure it is resetting when AVRdude tries to flash the firmware. That HK board looks odd...

Ed.