Direct Frsky telemtry data from MW FC

ardufriki

Re: Direct Frsky telemtry data from MW FC

Post by ardufriki »

Hi, I used the last code posted in this thread some posts ago, by "baco" user. But I had to make some corrections in it in order to run ok in my 9x.

I have weird GPS values, they seem to be cutted in the last two numbers. Sometimes I have consistent data, but it changes continuously to weird values again. I think there is no checksum control, so all the trash is displayed in the LCD.

I have my Turnigy flashed with er9x, with Frsky option. I see Fuel bar (number of GPS sats I think), RSSI, TSSI, RPM, A1, A2, GPS, Heading, Cells value, Batt, Amps, Altittude, GPS Altitude, GPS Speed, Mah and other (Tim1, Tim2....etc). Some of this still dont work (as GPS data).

It is amazing to have these data displayed, but I dislike the missing cheksum control of the protocol. I want later to connect with android apps with mapping capacity, and for that I need consistent GPS values :D

EDIT: I use new 2.4 MW code.

ardufriki

Post by ardufriki »

Hi Quadbow, I´ve just replaced the send_GPS_position() (baco code) by your send_GPS_latitude() and send_GPS_longitude() functions, and now the values in my screen are much better !! But still having weird ones too.

I dont know if this is usable data (I want now redirect the orangerx TX line to a bluetooh or ftdi, for a ground station style setup).

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

Hi ardufriki,
I just want to let you know that you can find the Frsky telemetry implementation in the Multiwii trunk right now.
http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6249

Maine_Guy

Post by Maine_Guy »

UPDATED TEXT

I finally upgraded my FC to the AIO Pro board - mostly to get telemetry working.

I am trying to pass the telemetry data to my Frsky D8r II plus through the HK zyx inverter cable.
this one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... Cable.html

temp aio.jpg

-I've attached the short side to serial 3 on my FC - which is wired to the vcc / gnd / tx

THIS DID NOT WORK. i ATTACHED THE +- TO A 5V POWER AND GROUND AND TELEMETRY WORKS

UPDATE 2: I initially ran this board from my USB, reported power was 4.5v. I built a voltage divider to step down the transmission voltage form the FC to the SBUS (apparently it likes 3.3v). The voltage divider did not work with my USB power - but did with my SBEC (5.1v). I have not run the inverter without the voltage divider and 5.1v.. just FYI.

-I've attached the long side to RX - which is wired to the RX / gnd
-Set com speed to 9600

Nothing on my display... any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
Last edited by Maine_Guy on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maine_Guy

Post by Maine_Guy »

Maine_Guy wrote:-I've attached the short side to serial 3 on my FC - which is wired to the vcc / gnd / tx

I believe this is the source of my error. Vcc does not = 4.5v

I understand the inverter a bit better now - if I power the inverter with board voltage (4.5) instead of 3.3 - I assume that will work?

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

Maine_Guy wrote:if I power the inverter with board voltage (4.5) instead of 3.3 - I assume that will work?
That could be dangerous. Some receivers like FRSKY D8R-II (which do you have?) bear only 3.3V at the telemetry port, even if they are fed with Vcc=5V.

Maine_Guy

Post by Maine_Guy »

Got it working, updated my post above. I built a voltage divider for the output signal - reattached, no telemetry. I then tried removing the voltage divider (just raw FC power through the HK inverter) and telemetry worked!

My power volatge for the FC reported voltage from a USB computer connection is 4.5v - which is lower than what I designed the divider for, Will see if it likes my SBEC later, which I suspect puts out a solid 5v.

Thanks for the code, can't wait to try it all out further.

rojowe

Post by rojowe »

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I to add the bits of code to Multiwii 2.4 myself or is there already some integration?

I have a Turnigy 9XR Pro w/ FrSky DJT and basic telemetry such as RSSI & TSSI. Then through Multiwii 2.4 and MWOSD I have GPS, Altitude, Speed, etc...
I understand that I can add an Bluetooth 05/06 to the Turnigy 9XR Pro and essentially eliminate the need for OSD. While I wouldn't eliminate the OSD, I would like to add GPS to my Turnigy 9XR Pro w/ Bluetooth so I could have a live Map of where my UAV is.

To connect my Arduino Mega to the D8R-II Plus Receiver, do I need a logic inverter? I'm a bit stumped on this next step.

Thank you for any help. I've tried searching and everything I come across is from 2015 and still apparently developmental.

rojowe

Post by rojowe »

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I to add the bits of code to Multiwii 2.4 myself or is there already some integration?

I have a Turnigy 9XR Pro w/ FrSky DJT and basic telemetry such as RSSI & TSSI. Then through Multiwii 2.4 and MWOSD I have GPS, Altitude, Speed, etc...
I understand that I can add an Bluetooth 05/06 to the Turnigy 9XR Pro and essentially eliminate the need for OSD. While I wouldn't eliminate the OSD, I would like to add GPS to my Turnigy 9XR Pro w/ Bluetooth so I could have a live Map of where my UAV is.

To connect my Arduino Mega to the D8R-II Plus Receiver, do I need a logic inverter? I'm a bit stumped on this next step.

Thank you for any help. I've tried searching and everything I come across is from 2015 and still apparently developmental.

LutzB

Post by LutzB »

The 2.4 release does not include any telemetry functionality. You will have to merge the code yourself or get the latest code from the GIT.
https://github.com/multiwii/multiwii-firmware