Naze32 hardware discussion thread

rnelias

Re: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by rnelias »

hwurzburg wrote:What you call manual is generally referred to as "Acro"....and uses the basic PID controller in the firmware...so, yes, its PIDS are important...they are the yaw,pitch, and roll pids in the gui...
in leveling modes, such as angle or horizon, an additional loop is run around the rate (aka acro) controller and the LEVEL pid P value is what determines its forcefulness and stability in those modes....
you cant have good level modes performance without good tuning of the rate PIDS (ie acro mode) first...
Only the P term in the LEVEL pid is effective....I is ignored...and the D term should always be 100

Thanks for your reply! I always had such question burning in my mind :oops:

flye

Post by flye »

Hi,I have a new afromini that don't arm since temp. is below+10
Get it inside it's ok and as soon it get outside and keep Taranis inside to be sure not a pot problem it don't arm
Altitude hold on this board never worked it fall like a rock wken on
I have 3 other mini working fine
This one is new!

HolyGarbage

Post by HolyGarbage »

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct thread, if not please direct me.
My problem is that I've managed to set up my new Naze32 FunFly board and I can get it to arm etc.
However... the motors will only spin if I boot it via usb.
It can be a usb connected to a charger, aka not to the computer.
I can even plug the usb in, plug the battery in and then remove the usb and it will work.
However, if I plug the battery in first, the propellers won't spin.
It will arm and everything, but props don't react to output.

One thing I did notice is that whenever I plug the battery in the esc only makes the first 3 short beeps, not the slower ones normally coming after.

Any idea what the issue might be?

Olddude

Post by Olddude »

I still really have not been able to work this out
anyone plz can advice ? or knows how to do this :

Code: Select all

And while we are ont he topic of blue-tooth ..
I am wondering ....
In the past it the NAZE had one set of RX tx and u connect your OSD to it. Thats it .
Now we have softserial ...?
I was wondering can i now connect my BT module and have OSD and BT working on the naze32 board ?

I tried my BT on the RX TX and it works perfect ..but no combination of pin s 5 and 6 get this working on softserial ? bautrate ? inverted ?
The feature softserial i have enabled but i get stuck figuring this out ?or indeed if its possible at all

So, is there a way to have both or not I cannot seem to find info on this ?

hwurzburg

Post by hwurzburg »

Not on Softserial with Baseflight...you can do it with Cleanflight...by setting one softserial port to output MSP protocol....unfortunately, max baudrate for softserial ports, at least at the present, is 19200 baud...so setting that for MSP also means that will be the rate for USB connections also (the USB connection uses MSP, and CLI streams from the processor)

but, you CAN have an OSD AND BT working off the same RX TX of the NAZE....just make sure the OSD only has its RX connected (to NAZE TX, of course) so it doesnt conflict with BT...this means you cant use OSD features like KVOSD's ability to change PIDS, but normal display operation will work fine...note that BT should not be powered when trying to connect USB...since it shares the same port via the USB FTDI chip

eatkabab

Post by eatkabab »

Any way to ad a barometer to the acro Naze32? Is there a pin-out for the barometer pad that I could use to solder wires to? Was planning on using the very popular "BMP180 Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor Board". Is it compatible with the Naze32 software?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-BMP180-Digi ... 1384711149

All help greatly appreciated. Insanely incredible work timecop.

eatkabab

Post by eatkabab »

I can't find any reference to where the i2c pins are on the Naze. Little help?

Also, forget my last message. Figured it out.

rcboosted

Post by rcboosted »

I just got my first MultiWii based FC, the Acro Naze32. (pronounced "nah zeh", not "nayz" like maze) The Naze32 replaced the 4 rate gyros I was using for my scratch built tricopter (114cm or 1140mm diameter). I got everything set up and test hovered a bit without issues. Remaiden will be tomorrow.

In the chrome app baseflight, there's an option for "in-flight level calibration", can someone explain what it does and how it works?

treym

Post by treym »

rcboosted wrote:In the chrome app baseflight, there's an option for "in-flight level calibration", can someone explain what it does and how it works?

it will perfome accelerometer calibration in flight : you need to take off in acro mode

you only need this option when you can not do the acc calibration on a flat surface , ie : you dont have any landing gear or a very unbalanced model ..

rcboosted

Post by rcboosted »

treym wrote:
rcboosted wrote:In the chrome app baseflight, there's an option for "in-flight level calibration", can someone explain what it does and how it works?

it will perfome accelerometer calibration in flight : you need to take off in acro mode

you only need this option when you can not do the acc calibration on a flat surface , ie : you dont have any landing gear or a very unbalanced model ..

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like a good option, how can I trigger it? I didn't see place for me to trigger it via a switch.

I also read in a different thread that timecop mentioned it's broken in the multiwii code, so it's not really working in baseflight.

treym

Post by treym »

if (feature(FEATURE_INFLIGHT_ACC_CAL)) {
            if (AccInflightCalibrationArmed && f.ARMED && rcData[THROTTLE] > mcfg.mincheck && !rcOptions[BOXARM]) {   // Copter is airborne and you are turning it off via boxarm : start measurement

you must use "boxarm" , takeoff , level the model in acro mode, disarm .. still in flight :)

you save with this combo THR_LO + YAW_LO + PIT_HI + ROL_HI)

// Inflight ACC Calibration
                } else if (feature(FEATURE_INFLIGHT_ACC_CAL) && (rcSticks == THR_LO + YAW_LO + PIT_HI + ROL_HI)) {
                    if (AccInflightCalibrationMeasurementDone) {        // trigger saving into eeprom after landing

so , unlikely you want to do that .. plus you can adjust calib with wtick combo , so really no need for inflight calibe .. imho

rcboosted

Post by rcboosted »

treym wrote:

if (feature(FEATURE_INFLIGHT_ACC_CAL)) {
            if (AccInflightCalibrationArmed && f.ARMED && rcData[THROTTLE] > mcfg.mincheck && !rcOptions[BOXARM]) {   // Copter is airborne and you are turning it off via boxarm : start measurement

you must use "boxarm" , takeoff , level the model in acro mode, disarm .. still in flight :)

you save with this combo THR_LO + YAW_LO + PIT_HI + ROL_HI)

// Inflight ACC Calibration
                } else if (feature(FEATURE_INFLIGHT_ACC_CAL) && (rcSticks == THR_LO + YAW_LO + PIT_HI + ROL_HI)) {
                    if (AccInflightCalibrationMeasurementDone) {        // trigger saving into eeprom after landing

so , unlikely you want to do that .. plus you can adjust calib with wtick combo , so really no need for inflight calibe .. imho

ok, sounds good. I'll stick with finding level ground to start. :)

deleted

Post by deleted »

Hey guys - My Rev 4 naze32 board seems to be acting strange. I was setting it up a few nights ago for an airplane config and it was working fine. Today I came back to it and it won't power on via a battery. ie. no leds light up when I plug the battery in and ofcourse it doesn't respond to any rx commands. If I plug in the USB (while the battery is connected) it all powers up fine, connects to Baseflight fine and I have rx control.

I thought it might have been a config thing so I have erased the config and reflashed the latest firmware and just tried to power it on with just a 5v bec and it still doesn't power on (again USB powers on fine). I have another rev 4 board here and it powers on fine with exactly the same setup. Is the board dead somehow? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

hwurzburg

Post by hwurzburg »

Sounds like it...the board's 3.3V regulators are powered thru two diodes...one to the USB 5V and the other to the ESC BEC 5V input....sounds like the ESC BEC input diode is blown

Olddude

Post by Olddude »

time for a reply ..
AND i wont quote anyone because it is directed at so many.......
SO,
Get ready for a rant

Soooo Sick of all this
No wonder timcop fuckin hates this ...
all this waffle with no content anyone looking for something will have to read to so much of ur ego driven bollox on here .. I am disgusting

listen people if u don't like XYZ on the board ? u know what ? go somewhere else
Simple .
this is the NAZE32 board
U wanna wobble around in GPS hold and useless sh$t then go cleanflight and be happy because
really what the feck u bought a naze32 for? u should be flying DJI...

Dont like it ? buy something else
It is what it is
Feckin dogooders and knowitalls ..
I want blah blah blah blah blah ..
NOONE CARES what u want!!!!!!

the naze board was never a GPS intended board, which BTW it does anyway ..??
Its light, easy to set-up and freckin awesome ..
Stuff it in your mini quad and go flying ...

Not floppin about with your gimbal and pretend
BTW. PLZ timecop take away the self levelling mode and we get rid of all these muppets ..all of em I tell ya )

Also I have no idea how people use 12V and then fry the Naze board come on here talk about sh&t and not feel like compete numbnuts ..
Ignorance is bliss ..i know

END OF RANT

Olddude

Post by Olddude »

hwurzburg wrote:but, you CAN have an OSD AND BT working off the same RX TX of the NAZE....just make sure the OSD only has its RX connected (to NAZE TX, of course) so it doesnt conflict with BT...this means you cant use OSD features like KVOSD's ability to change PIDS, but normal display operation will work fine...note that BT should not be powered when trying to connect USB...since it shares the same port via the USB FTDI chip

on topic :

THANKS hwurzburg
Great help
This share kinda does it ...

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

garbungel wrote:
timecop wrote:Why don't you spend like 10 fucking seconds searching the thread, to find the reasons why there is absolutely no chance eurohype will be implemented? what's next, you're gonna ask when afroesc/simonk will support "active freewheeling"???

This thread is huge, but will try to check out why you see it as "eurohype".
I saw the code for multiwii and it's no big deal to put it in.
I guess there is this thought that it doesn't make any difference at the end.

Thanks for the quick answer anyway.

Garbungel, Not sure if you guys have seen these videos of OneShot made by final glide, seems like it's not 'eurohype' afterall.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5149&p=59863#p59863

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

hwurzburg wrote:Not on Softserial with Baseflight...you can do it with Cleanflight...by setting one softserial port to output MSP protocol....unfortunately, max baudrate for softserial ports, at least at the present, is 19200 baud...so setting that for MSP also means that will be the rate for USB connections also (the USB connection uses MSP, and CLI streams from the processor)

you can also do it on cleanflight using a Sparky board instead of the Naze32, at speeds > 19200 since it has 3 hardware serial ports and usb but that's a bit off topic.

deleted

Post by deleted »

hwurzburg wrote:Sounds like it...the board's 3.3V regulators are powered thru two diodes...one to the USB 5V and the other to the ESC BEC 5V input....sounds like the ESC BEC input diode is blown

Thanks for the response.

Nextmoneypit

Post by Nextmoneypit »

Hey guys, not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but my brand new Naze32 (ordered from mutlirotorsuperstore) isn't being recognized on any of my PC's. The blue light stays on and green light just flashes (video below) but nothing comes up in device manager, nor does the PC acknowledge something was plugged in . Hercules can't talk to the board and neither can Baseflight I also installed CP210 drivers (not sure if necessary). My compters are Win7 32 & 64bit

[youtube]http://youtu.be/xOLptlrHE14[/youtube]

Is the board a DOA? Any advice on what t try next?

edit:I figured it out, it was the cable!! I found someone with 4 of these cables and 2 of his were duds and the other 2 worked (one was an official HTC cable). I had 3 duds of my own, even though they charged devices fine..data was a no go. Thanks to the guys who helped me in here (and the guys @ flitetestforums who got to the bottom of it!)
Last edited by Nextmoneypit on Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FenomPL

Post by FenomPL »

Naze32 Acro - RX/TX pins transmission observed only when USB is connected - bottom line -> KV OSD doesn't work

I have a very strange behavior on my Naze32 Acro with the KV OSD board. When I am connected with USB cable KV OSD connected via TX/RX pins are working properly.
When I run my Naze32 just from the batteries or just plugged with USB but without open port (there is 5V but no open transmission via USB-RS232 chip)
there is no transmission on TX (RX) pin...

This is strange since my Naze32 Full is working properly with exact same setup. Could it be behavior by design or my Acro board is broken?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by FenomPL on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

Nextmoneypit wrote:Hey guys, not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but my brand new Naze32 (ordered from mutlirotorsuperstore) isn't being recognized on any of my PC's. The blue light stays on and green light just flashes (video below) but nothing comes up in device manager, nor does the PC acknowledge something was plugged in . Hercules can't talk to the board and neither can Baseflight I also installed CP210 drivers (not sure if necessary). My compters are Win7 32 & 64bit

[youtube]http://youtu.be/xOLptlrHE14[/youtube]

Is the board a DOA? Any advice on what t try next?

Flashing green at the end of your video usually means board is tilted. Does the green light flash when set board is level on a tabletop?

Try the following:
- Switch USB cables
- Hard reboot your PC
- Make sure connecting directly to laptop, not through USB hub
- In Baseflight Configurator, try updating to the latest online firmware via the "Firmware Flasher".

Nextmoneypit

Post by Nextmoneypit »

KC_703 wrote:Flashing green at the end of your video usually means board is tilted. Does the green light flash when set board is level on a tabletop?

Try the following:
- Switch USB cables
- Hard reboot your PC
- Make sure connecting directly to laptop, not through USB hub
- In Baseflight Configurator, try updating to the latest online firmware via the "Firmware Flasher".

The green light does stop flashing when I level it out! So, that's a sign that SOMETHING is working..

I tried 3 USB cables, directly connected (no USB hub) and rebooted...the computer never sees anything plugged in. I can't flash it with Baseflight firmware flasher, it's not connecting to the board.

treym

Post by treym »

Nextmoneypit wrote:The green light does stop flashing when I level it out! So, that's a sign that SOMETHING is working..

I tried 3 USB cables, directly connected (no USB hub) and rebooted...the computer never sees anything plugged in. I can't flash it with Baseflight firmware flasher, it's not connecting to the board.

sounds like your have a non'working seetings or something alike ..

in order to flash your flight controler : you need to short the bootloader pins , then you can flash using the chrome configurator ..using the 'no reboot sequence' option checked

Nextmoneypit

Post by Nextmoneypit »

treym wrote:
Nextmoneypit wrote:The green light does stop flashing when I level it out! So, that's a sign that SOMETHING is working..

sounds like your have a non'working seetings or something alike ..

in order to flash your flight controler : you need to short the bootloader pins , then you can flash using the chrome configurator ..using the 'no reboot sequence' option checked

Thanks for the reply. However, the board is still not being recognized... even with the bootloader pins shorted.

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

Make sure the "No reboot sequence" option is selected if trying to flash in bootloader mode.

From the video, it doesn't look like the board is in bootloader mode though. Its just a matter of getting it recognized by your PC. Last thing would be to disconnect any other USB devices which may be attached to the PC.

Nextmoneypit

Post by Nextmoneypit »

KC_703 wrote:Make sure the "No reboot sequence" option is selected if trying to flash in bootloader mode.

From the video, it doesn't look like the board is in bootloader mode though. Its just a matter of getting it recognized by your PC. Last thing would be to disconnect any other USB devices which may be attached to the PC.

Yeah the video was not when I tried bootloader. When I shorted the bootloader pads it was just blue light, as expected. Still though, the PC gave ZERO ackowldgement anything was plugged into the USB ports. It's simply not recognizing the board...

strepto

Post by strepto »

Erm, apologies if this is already covered (I scan forums quickly) but surely it might just be a driver problem? Try reinstalling software drivers and/or using another computer if you can.

Nextmoneypit

Post by Nextmoneypit »

strepto wrote:Erm, apologies if this is already covered (I scan forums quickly) but surely it might just be a driver problem? Try reinstalling software drivers and/or using another computer if you can.

Tried 2 different computers already and installed the drivers more than once. Also, even if the PC doesn't have the right driver, it'd say 'unknown device' at the very least

Thomas.kjolstad

Post by Thomas.kjolstad »

Hello friends.

I have just put together and test my new naze32 Board.
When i have test hover i see that my quad is yaw drifting slowly to the right.

When i hooked my Board to baseflight. I see that the yaw is turning 1degreas every 2-3 sec.

That is without and before i have connect the receiver.

Anyone.. Please help me..

FenomPL

Post by FenomPL »

FenomPL wrote:Naze32 Acro - RX/TX pins transmission observed only when USB is connected - bottom line -> KV OSD doesn't work

I have a very strange behavior on my Naze32 Acro with the KV OSD board. When I am connected with USB cable KV OSD connected via TX/RX pins are working properly.
When I run my Naze32 just from the batteries or just plugged with USB but without open port (there is 5V but no open transmission via USB-RS232 chip)
there is no transmission on TX (RX) pin...

This is strange since my Naze32 Full is working properly with exact same setup. Could it be behavior by design or my Acro board is broken?

It turned out to be a problem with cold solder joint on RX Naze32 pin.... FIXED! :D

rafaelstorres

Post by rafaelstorres »

Guys, I replaced my board and the ESC header 3 is dead... any ESCs connected to that ESC header won't work...
I flashed the firmware twice with full chip erase and flash slowly ticked...nothing...
Do you guys think there anything that I can do to use other outputs(like 5 or 6? avoiding 3) with CLI commands or reboot with boot pins shorted would make any diference?

How can I remap the ESC output to the RC input or other good idea?

Im using QUADX...

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

You can use a custom mix to move ESC header 3 to a good header. The below moves M4 to M5. You'll need to replace the "cmix 5" line with the M3 mixer information (listed after "cmix load quadx" command).

Here's the basic commands necessary:
mixer custom
cmix load quadx
cmix 5 1 1 -1 -1

rafaelstorres

Post by rafaelstorres »

KC_703 wrote:You can use a custom mix to move ESC header 3 to a good header. The below moves M4 to M5. You'll need to replace the "cmix 5" line with the M3 mixer information (listed after "cmix load quadx" command).

Here's the basic commands necessary:
mixer custom
cmix load quadx
cmix 5 1 1 -1 -1

I did but its not working...

When I move motor 5 on test mode, 2 motors moves together, slide 3 and 4 don't not anything(of course 3 does not because thats not working, but 4?

# cmix load custom
Loaded CUSTOM mix
Custom mixer:
Motor Thr Roll Pitch Yaw
Sanity check: OK OK OK

# cmix load quadx
Loaded QUADX mix
Custom mixer:
Motor Thr Roll Pitch Yaw
#1: 1.000 -1.000 1.000 -1.000
#2: 1.000 -1.000 -1.000 1.000
#3: 1.000 1.000 1.000 1.000
#4: 1.000 1.000 -1.000 -1.000
Sanity check: OK OK OK

# cmix 5 1 1 1 1
Custom mixer:
Motor Thr Roll Pitch Yaw
#1: 1.000 -1.000 1.000 -1.000
#2: 1.000 -1.000 -1.000 1.000
#3: 1.000 1.000 1.000 1.000
#4: 1.000 1.000 -1.000 -1.000
#5: 1.000 1.000 1.000 1.000
Sanity check: NG NG NG

#
save

rafaelstorres

Post by rafaelstorres »

Well, I manage to make that work using cmix 6 1 1 1 1 , don't ask why...

Anyway... Everything working, motor direction, order, etc, radio commands on, and now:

My motors are not turning when Im using the radio...

heres my video showings everything seems OK...
I really don't know what else to do...lost here...Can you guys see something wrong in the video??

http://youtu.be/jIqPC68WQFM

EDIT:

OMG look what happen when I give throttle :

That jump from 1000 to 2000 as soon as I move from the stick deadband...

Screen Shot 2014-12-26 at 10.52.11 PM.png

EDIT AGAIN:

kkk, never mind guys, my second board gone... one from HK and other from drone matters... It just can be use error...

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

Hope you figure it out... While thinking about it further, maybe my original advice was wrong. Shifting the motors may be a better approach... so move M3 to M4 and M4 to M5.

rafaelstorres

Post by rafaelstorres »

KC_703 wrote:Hope you figure it out... While thinking about it further, maybe my original advice was wrong. Shifting the motors may be a better approach... so move M3 to M4 and M4 to M5.

Nevermind, I used my FTDI device to install cleanflight in my CC3D, and its running great with oneshot enable...

I flew that cc3d board for over 2 years without any problems... Now I believe its a naze32, but more reliable hardware... Mine two naze32 did not last 3 days... 2 hardwares gone in 3 days...

Thanks for your help...I've learn a lot with those commands...

samd12

Post by samd12 »

hwurzburg wrote:What you call manual is generally referred to as "Acro"....and uses the basic PID controller in the firmware...so, yes, its PIDS are important...they are the yaw,pitch, and roll pids in the gui...
in leveling modes, such as angle or horizon, an additional loop is run around the rate (aka acro) controller and the LEVEL pid P value is what determines its forcefulness and stability in those modes....
you cant have good level modes performance without good tuning of the rate PIDS (ie acro mode) first...
Only the P term in the LEVEL pid is effective....I is ignored...and the D term should always be 100

So I am having an issue when in acro mode. When I enter forward flight if I let the center stick center the quad does not continue its path the nose shoots up and the quad goes up and at times can go vertical. Do you think my P level term is the issue? When I am in horizon or angle mode it is not really noticeable as the quad just levels.

waltr

Post by waltr »

samd12 wrote:So I am having an issue when in acro mode. When I enter forward flight if I let the center stick center the quad does not continue its path the nose shoots up and the quad goes up and at times can go vertical. Do you think my P level term is the issue? When I am in horizon or angle mode it is not really noticeable as the quad just levels.

This typically means that the Pitch 'I' term is too small. Increase until it holds the attitude.

humblehacker

Post by humblehacker »

Hello All,
I just recently took the plunge with a Naze32 AfroFlight Rev 5 after finally giving up on ever getting decent GPS support for an 8bit NanoWii. With my NanoWii my quad setup included an MTK3339 GPS module, an Adafruit "Bluefruit EZ-KEY"and a Spektrum Satellite (bound with a Spektrum AR6110e main RX).

Wishful thinking had me hoping to replace the underpowered NanoWii with the AfroFlight with minimal reconfiguration, but the realization that this would not be the case took hold very early on in the process...

The firmware configuration was pretty straightforward (I've been using Cleanflight) but I'm at a bit of a standstill when it comes to finding the best RX setup. While it appears that a Spek. Satellite can be used by breaking out the 3.3v pin separately, most of the documentation I've read seems to recommend against this configuration. CPPM appears to be most often recommended, but I can't find any confirmation on whether or not my Spektrum AR6110e RX supports CPPM.

So that leaves PWM as the only other option, However, the pinout from the Spektrum receiver is somewhat different than the default layout so I would need to change the mapping, but I don't know if this would eat up all the extra pins I need for my GPS and BT?

Considering my setup (BT/GPS/SpekSAT/Spek.AR6110e) can anybody recommend the best RX connection method? Has Spek.Sat support in Cleanflight/Baseflight advanced to the point where it doesnt complicate the GPS connections? If not can anybody tell me if the Spektrum AR6110e supports CPPM? If not, can anybody recommend the best way to map each channel from the Spektrum RX without taking up all the space for the GPS/BT?

Beyond the confusing RX options, Naze32+Cleanflight seems like a real breath of fresh air! I can't wait to get started on it!

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

Spek Sat off 3.3v works fine (at least in cleanflight). You can also use a GPS, see the CF documentation, Serial.md and examples (d,h). Perhaps suboptimal, but probably the best you'll get with usart limited devices.

Nextmoneypit

Post by Nextmoneypit »

Nextmoneypit wrote:
strepto wrote:Erm, apologies if this is already covered (I scan forums quickly) but surely it might just be a driver problem? Try reinstalling software drivers and/or using another computer if you can.

Tried 2 different computers already and installed the drivers more than once. Also, even if the PC doesn't have the right driver, it'd say 'unknown device' at the very least

I got a replacement Naze32 from MRSS (this one was red..first one was black) but it's doing the same thing! Argggggg..what am I doing wrong??? I've also tried a 3rd cable and a windows XP computer. Am I missing some glaring step? Or incredibly unlucky??

flybabo

Post by flybabo »

Someone asked the same question before but couldn't find any answer here.
Question is about RC input and GPS tx/rx pins.
According to the datasheet, those pins are not 5V tolerant pins.
Is it OK to connect 5V receiver? I don't have any 3.3V receiver.
User's manual doesn't clarify this thing - it just mentioned that only 3.3V GPS tx/rx must be used.
Are we using this board with off-spec?

EDIT: It appears that rev5 board has 1K resistor arrays between RC channel inputs and STM non-FT pins.
Last edited by flybabo on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

Nextmoneypit wrote: I've also tried a 3rd cable and a windows XP computer. Am I missing some glaring step? Or incredibly unlucky??

So are you using XP or a more recent version of Windows? Are you downloading the drivers from the link provided in Baseflight Configurator? No USB hub... no other devices?

flybabo wrote:Is it OK to connect 5V receiver?

If your GPS receiver can take 5V, it should be fine... FWIW, I used to power my GPS from a free motor header...
Last edited by KC_703 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

kilby

Post by kilby »

Spektrum (or orange) satellites run off 3.3v and I flew my 1st naze of a broken out 3.3v pin

Wetherby you can run the bluetooth and a satellite RX at the same time I'm afraid I can't answer.

Everything you actually need to know can be accessed from here https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/wiki/SerialRX--like-SpekSat,-Futaba-SBUS,-Graupner-SUMD

Nextmoneypit

Post by Nextmoneypit »

KC_703 wrote:So are you using XP or a more recent version of Windows? Are you downloading the drivers from the link provided in Baseflight Configurator? No USB hub... no other devices?

I have tried Windows 7 32bit, Windows 7 64bit, and Windows XP. Driver from baseflight. Directly to the back of the computer, no hubs.

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

Probably a stupid question to ask, but have you installed the USB driver for the Silabs chip on the Naze?
This one: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/page ... ivers.aspx

Nextmoneypit

Post by Nextmoneypit »

I figured it out, it was the cable!! I found someone with 4 of these cables and 2 of his were duds and the other 2 worked (one was an official HTC cable). I had 3 duds of my own, even though they charged devices fine..data was a no go. Thanks to the guys who helped me in here (and the guys @ flitetestforums who got to the bottom of it!)

humblehacker

Post by humblehacker »

kilby wrote:Spektrum (or orange) satellites run off 3.3v and I flew my 1st naze of a broken out 3.3v pin

Wetherby you can run the bluetooth and a satellite RX at the same time I'm afraid I can't answer.

Everything you actually need to know can be accessed from here https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/wiki/SerialRX--like-SpekSat,-Futaba-SBUS,-Graupner-SUMD

The above referenced document explains how to connect Spek. Sat to 3.3v and binding procedures, but says nothing about GPS other than this
Serialrx does use a serial port on the Naze32, means no other devices like GPS can be connected unless you use feature softserial.

It says nothing about which pins to use or how to use SoftSerial or whether or not it would be a good option for GPS. The Cleanflight document referenced earlier at https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... /Serial.md is a little more helpful but I still need a little more information on pinout connections that would facilitate the Spek Sat/GPS configuration.

So in order to use this configuration-

h) Spektrum RX SERIAL

TELEMETRY, MSP, CLI, GPS PASSTHROUGH on UART1
RX SERIAL on UART2
feature -RX_PARALLEL_PWM
feature RX_SERIAL
set serialrx_provider = 0
set serial_port_2_scenario = 3
save

Which pin would I use for the Spek.Sat signal on UART2 and which pins for GPS RX/TX on UART1?

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

humblehacker wrote:
kilby wrote:Spektrum (or orange) satellites run off 3.3v and I flew my 1st naze of a broken out 3.3v pin

The above referenced document explains how to connect Spek. Sat to 3.3v and binding procedures, but says nothing about GPS other than this
Serialrx does use a serial port on the Naze32, means no other devices like GPS can be connected unless you use feature softserial.

It says nothing about which pins to use or how to use SoftSerial or whether or not it would be a good option for GPS. The Cleanflight document referenced earlier at https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... /Serial.md is a little more helpful but I still need a little more information on pinout connections that would facilitate the Spek Sat/GPS configuration.

So in order to use this configuration-

h) Spektrum RX SERIAL

TELEMETRY, MSP, CLI, GPS PASSTHROUGH on UART1
RX SERIAL on UART2
feature -RX_PARALLEL_PWM
feature RX_SERIAL
set serialrx_provider = 0
set serial_port_2_scenario = 3
save

Which pin would I use for the Spek.Sat signal on UART2 and which pins for GPS RX/TX on UART1?

That scenario does not provide for GPS on UART1, for that you need scenario (d). For the Spek Sat on USART2, you'd use pin 4.