Naze32 hardware discussion thread

hwurzburg

Re: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by hwurzburg »

timecop wrote:
hwurzburg wrote:Not sure BF has GPS_SBAS_MODE clisetting....joblessflight does, however

protip, if you're not sure of something, not posting would be a better solution.

protip....not being listed in CLI dump (ver I am using is a few months old) and, more importantly, not being listed in documentation : https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/ ... -Variables
means that it does not exist for anyone but a programmer... ;)

timecop

Post by timecop »

feel free to edit the documentation, it's on a wiki for a reason. unlike some other people (dominic "jobless" clifton), I do have a job that is a bit more important than having to document the same feature once in code and then once again elsewhere.

jaxxzer

Post by jaxxzer »

jaxxzer wrote:Hi.

I have a naze32 flashed with the latest firmware

# version
Afro32 CLI version 2.3 Oct 1 2014 / 07:45:46

If I power the board through usb, or a bec, and then power up my escs, all is well and everything works. HOWEVER.

If I power the board and escs simultaneously, I only get the startup tone from the escs, then no beeps for cell count or ready. Nothing, they stay silent.

The escs aren't receiving any pwm signal from the board until sometime after the board is turned on. If they don't receive pwm on startup, they wont accept input later.

I have successfully built and flown a acro earlier in the year, and I also have a new acro naze flashed with the same firmware that does not exhibit this behavior.
I am familiar with the cli set variables, mincommand, calibrating escs and all that, the same exact setup works fine when plugged into the acro with the same default settings. The only thing different between the two boards as far as I can tell is the extra sensors (mag and baro). I never plugged anything in backwards or any of that.

What is going on here?

I have an update to this issue. I have been flying the acro around np. I added external i2c mag and baro to the acro, they are recognized in baseflight, and no settings were changed.

This acro board with the additional sensors now behaves exactly like the naze with the on board sensors. My escs will not initialize when powered up in tandem with the board, but if I power the board first, then power my escs, they initialize like normal. THE ONLY VARIABLES ARE THE PRESENCE OF MAG/BARO AND WHEN THE BOARD IS POWERED. I AM NOT MESSING WITH THE SETTINGS WHEN I GET DIFFERENT BEHAVIORS.

What am I missing? Why did the acro board function correctly (PWM output to escs immediately on startup) before the addition of external sensors, and why do my escs now initialize only when the board already has power before they are turned on?
Last edited by jaxxzer on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asdiasx

Post by asdiasx »

Hi! Sorry if this was covered previously but I could not find on my search...

I'm trying to use bluetooth connection, so I bought a BT module HC-05 and configured it sith AT commands...

No problems to connect to a Acro Naze32 via BT using both cleanflight and baseflight... But no success to flash firmware via BT, even with the slow option enabled.
When I get the connection e erything hangs at the naze and get the msg of time out at the gui.

Tried to flash via USB and everything works. As I have another board with a broken usb connector, I really need this working...

Any help on this?

*Tried on RCG and no answers... Maybe here...

Regards

Olddude

Post by Olddude »

And while we are ont he topic of blue-tooth ..
I am wondering ....
In the past it the NAZE had one set of RX tx and u connect your OSD to it. Thats it .
Now we have softserial ...?
I was wondering can i now connect my BT module and have OSD and BT working on the naze32 board ?

I tried my BT on the RX TX and it works perfect ..but no combination of pin s 5 and 6 get this working on softserial ? bautrate ? inverted ?
The feature softserial i have enabled but i get stuck figuring this out ?or indeed if its possible at all

So, is there a way to have both or not I cannot seem to find info on this ?

mig29n

Post by mig29n »

rallie_86 wrote:Hey guys!
Does any of you know how this board works with the TBS Discovery? Any sugestions on good PIDs for the disco?
Im really sick of the naza and i have heard alot of good thing about the naze 32 acro.

Hi,

I am new to this Acro Naze ...

Planning to use TBS Discovery with Acro Naze

Anyone has connectivity diagram between bottom plate of TBS Discovery with Acro Naze ? plus 700TVL CCTV camera and TS58500 video transmitter use with this FPV frame and AFRO ESC 30a

./khairi

akcom

Post by akcom »

Hi timecop, slightly off topic but could you make a recommendation for 15-20A esc's that utilize dedicated gate driver chips (besides the KISS esc obviously)? I think the one thing the KISS esc's have shown is that you can get pretty significant performance improvements using active/regenerative/whatever braking and it seems dedicate mosfet gate drivers improve this significantly.

hwurzburg

Uncommanded Yaw

Post by hwurzburg »

As I started pushing this little Armattan mini quad, I started getting some uncommanded yaw right issues...first showed up in fast coordinated turns...then just in fast climbs...and then after stationary rolls....never noticed just tree dodging, but only after passing 60% throttle or so...no yawing with full vertical only WOT climbs...happens sometimes with fast forward climbs (one is shown in video)....and can stop it with quick application of left yaw , otherwise up to 180 deg slip can occur with no stick input....examples in video below..

I am using latest version of BF (updated yesterday)....SunnySky 2300kv, 3s,NAZE32 acro...acro mode flying only
Pitch and Roll axis are well behaved...
YAW Pid is 10/.045/15

my list of things to try are:
LPF lowered (vibs? but doesnt seem to affect roll or pitch...and the FC is on the "clean" plate)
Yaw I term lower

anybody have any other ideas?
http://youtu.be/pw6IDIvpwXU

minim

Post by minim »

Not sure if this is the right thread to bring up the topic but is it possible to make a code for using UART2 as serial port for connecting minimosd? For now I've done a nasty mod by adding the following code below the regular uart interface in serial.c.

" core.flexport = uartOpen(USART2, NULL, baudrate, MODE_RXTX);
ports[1].port = core.flexport;
numTelemetryPorts++;
"

And in drw_pwm.c I edited the lines for skipping aurt ports when using gps
" // skip UART ports for GPS
if (port == PWM3 || port == PWM4)
continue;
"

I basically got no clue of what I'm doing so this is just some nasty hack that makes it work with exactly my setup but there is a lot that can break it so it's really not usefull as it is ^^

IceWind

Re: Uncommanded Yaw

Post by IceWind »

hwurzburg wrote:As I started pushing this little Armattan mini quad, I started getting some uncommanded yaw right issues...first showed up in fast coordinated turns...then just in fast climbs...and then after stationary rolls....never noticed just tree dodging, but only after passing 60% throttle or so...no yawing with full vertical only WOT climbs...happens sometimes with fast forward climbs (one is shown in video)....and can stop it with quick application of left yaw , otherwise up to 180 deg slip can occur with no stick input....examples in video below..

I am using latest version of BF (updated yesterday)....SunnySky 2300kv, 3s,NAZE32 acro...acro mode flying only
Pitch and Roll axis are well behaved...
YAW Pid is 10/.045/15

my list of things to try are:
LPF lowered (vibs? but doesnt seem to affect roll or pitch...and the FC is on the "clean" plate)
Yaw I term lower

anybody have any other ideas?
http://youtu.be/pw6IDIvpwXU

I have reported the same issue before, I also have that same problem along with some other friends I fly with.
See here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1947&start=950

So far couldn't figure out to the fix it. Tried to raise the LPF value as suggested but it didn't help.

Swap motor and props to make sure there was nothing bent causing vibrations... nothing.

scrat

Post by scrat »

Set I for YAW to at least 60. I have this set to 65 and it is ok. And have the latest version from BF Configurator.

IceWind

Post by IceWind »

I'm always trying with the latest version.
I'll give that a try tomorrow.

strips

Post by strips »

I think I may have fried my full Naze32. I just desoldered the mag with hot air and now I only get a solid blue light all the time. No other LEDs are lit.

The funny thing is I'm able to re-flash by shorting the bootloader pins but the LED is still solid blue. Not able to connect in BF configurator.

Update:
After 10 minutes the green and red led starts to cycle in about 2 sec interval.

.Joel

Post by .Joel »

Is there a way to map an inbound CPPM channel to one of the outbound Motor Out channels with the Naze32?

IE: CPPM Channel 6 outputs to Motor Out Channel 5.

Tr3TopFlyer

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

see if set gimbal_flags=4 does what you want. "When feature SERVO_TILT is enabled, this can be a combination of the following numbers: 1=normal gimbal (default), 2=tiltmix gimbal, 4=in PPM (or SERIALRX) input mode, this will forward AUX1..4 RC inputs to PWM5..8 pins"

when I used this I did not need to enable servo_tilt for this to work.

devtk

Post by devtk »

It's clear from the manual that a CAD model of the Naze32 board exists. Is it freely available somewhere? I'd like to add it to my FPV250 model.
Attachments
fpv250_model.jpg

IceWind

Post by IceWind »

scrat wrote:Set I for YAW to at least 60. I have this set to 65 and it is ok. And have the latest version from BF Configurator.

Problem solved! Hurray!
Tried it half way with 63 and it stopped happening. I really pushed it to trigger it but nothing, solid turning. :)
Thanks that was driving me nuts. :)

akcom

Post by akcom »

Anyone know when the afrominis are supposed to be back in stock?

Alexraz

Post by Alexraz »

Hi!

This is my first Naze32 build and I'm generally new to mulitrotors altogether. I just moved up from the KK2.1. I seem to be having trouble with the motors/ESCs.

I've calibrated the ESCs (AfroESC 30As) and the motors start to spin at 1063. However, when I test using my radio, motors 2 and 3 seem to get more pulses than 1 and 4. As I increase the throttle, the lag becomes more evident. If I try to lift off, the quad would fly straight and to the right.

I'm using PPM because I don't have a break out cable and also to lessen the wires in the setup.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

scrat

Post by scrat »

If you're using AFRO ESC then just set in CLI minthrottle = 1064 and MAxthrottle = 1864

IceWind

Post by IceWind »

Alexraz wrote:Hi!

This is my first Naze32 build and I'm generally new to mulitrotors altogether. I just moved up from the KK2.1. I seem to be having trouble with the motors/ESCs.

I've calibrated the ESCs (AfroESC 30As) and the motors start to spin at 1063. However, when I test using my radio, motors 2 and 3 seem to get more pulses than 1 and 4. As I increase the throttle, the lag becomes more evident. If I try to lift off, the quad would fly straight and to the right.

I'm using PPM because I don't have a break out cable and also to lessen the wires in the setup.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Make sure you're taking off in Acro mode for the first flights and don't use any other funky mode.
Also make sure you don't have any weird mix in the radio, check in the receiver tab. Make sure the NAze32 is disarmed and when you move throttle
no other channel should be moving.

Arcicorsa

Post by Arcicorsa »

Hello, first thank for super work on this project TimeCop. But I have small problem. If choice receiver PPM and activate Sonar (connect on RC input pins 7 trig and 8 to echo, voltage level is 3,3V) will blocked USB communication (Baseflight GUI). If I disconnected Sonar from pins 7,8 and restart FC, USB connection is OK but once I connect sonar on pins 7,8 and reconnect USB connection (disconnect cable from FC and again connect him) so USB is not responding and GUI says "No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed" (PC find RS232 bridge). Do you know where is problem? Next bug is that Sonar not connect on motor pins 5 and 6 because on both pin 5 also 6 is trigger signal (oscilloscope tested, pin 6 is not input but output same signal as pin 5). HW is Naze32 Full rev5. Thank you in advance for your answers.

I´m sorry for my English :oops: but I´m from Czech Republic.

Artur

AKfreak

Post by AKfreak »

I posted this on Another forum, however after a google search, I think it might be better posted here. Thanks for your time in response.

Hey, can I ask a question from dome of you Naze guru's? Why do some flight controllers seem to be able to lock GPS position hold better than others. I have a SuperX from Xaircraft that holds GPS and altitude lock unlike any other FC I have seen. On my Mikrokopter and what I see from Naze, 32 with GPS, it drifts quite a bit. As I understand GPS can only be as accurate as the 3 meter imposed limits (I think), but my SuperX seems to lock in and drifts with pin inches not feet. Altitude hold is as accurate as well.

When doing research, GPS position hold as well as altitude hold (Baro) don't seem to be a strong point for Naze 32, but rather they are much better locked in for acro flight. Am I correct to assume if bod wants all of the bells and whistle adjustments if an open source FC, with good GPS and Altitude hold performance, that should look at Audro, and Pixhawk?

But I have a Full Naze with Minim OSD, that I plan to use GPS, and a modem system for waypoint navigation. The project will be built on a Flip FPV Pro board.

I look forward to gearing the pros and cons of what I hope to achieve with The Full Naze system. Thanks for your time, AKf

AKfreak

Post by AKfreak »

I was just I firmed that the Naze 32 FC does not incorporate the acc, info along with GPS and Baro to help deal with drift. Thus is why my SuperX does so well. It's not the GPS per se, it's the software that fuses the acc, baro, and GPS data together that controls drift, not just GPS data. I always wondered how my SuperX could return to home if the GOS fails. Very clever data collection and analyzation of all sensor data fused together with a single goal, control the position if the machine.

Is there a group of people working together to code NAZE? If so how can I reach out to them! Or is it just TimeCop?

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

FWIW, you can enable Baro an angle along with GPS position hold in Baseflight. Just check all the boxes for that particular switch.

Someone else will need to teach you how to contribute to the project. But its hosted on github.

scrat

Post by scrat »

Arcicorsa wrote:Hello, first thank for super work on this project TimeCop. But I have small problem. If choice receiver PPM and activate Sonar (connect on RC input pins 7 trig and 8 to echo, voltage level is 3,3V) will blocked USB communication (Baseflight GUI). If I disconnected Sonar from pins 7,8 and restart FC, USB connection is OK but once I connect sonar on pins 7,8 and reconnect USB connection (disconnect cable from FC and again connect him) so USB is not responding and GUI says "No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed" (PC find RS232 bridge). Do you know where is problem? Next bug is that Sonar not connect on motor pins 5 and 6 because on both pin 5 also 6 is trigger signal (oscilloscope tested, pin 6 is not input but output same signal as pin 5). HW is Naze32 Full rev5. Thank you in advance for your answers.

I´m sorry for my English :oops: but I´m from Czech Republic.

Artur

Naze32 has just one serial port. It is shared.

AKfreak

Post by AKfreak »

In this video, I watched a guy use multiple functions requiring serial ports at the same time. Maybe it's a break thru.
http://youtu.be/dahGlc3Tf40

AKfreak

Post by AKfreak »

KC_703 wrote:FWIW, you can enable Baro an angle along with GPS position hold in Baseflight. Just check all the boxes for that particular switch.

Someone else will need to teach you how to contribute to the project. But its hosted on github.

Yep I saw that, however since GPS is only accurate in meters, you see lots of drift. The Baro will help with altitude hold, however this will have drift as well. Many of the FC's that hold position and altitude well use fusion of data from many sensors to combat drift. You see for example if you are in GPS hold, and the acc's can sense drift, however this isn't analyzed along with the GPS data to hold position. GPS data is separate from the ACC data. With clever coding and use of multiple sensor data, a FC can do amazing things. As I said before I have a FC that can return to home with out a connected GPS.

I hope we can one day see similar GPS hold accuracy in the Naze 32 as some of the more expensive controllers.

hwurzburg

Post by hwurzburg »

scrat wrote:Naze32 has just one serial port. It is shared.

Incorrect...it has 4:

Port1 is a hardware UART.When USB is connected,it uses that port...it can be used for BT,OSD, orTelem, when not connected to USB.
Port2 is also hardware and is used for gps on pins 3/4 when cppm is used, which also allows use of two software bitbanged serial ports on pins 5/6 and 7/8...
If sonar is enabled it takes over 7/8...however,I do not know if it works in BF...I have used it in CF....which also has better functionality of its softserial ports..

Arcicorsa

Post by Arcicorsa »

hwurzburg wrote:Incorrect...it has 4:

Port1 is a hardware UART.When USB is connected,it uses that port...it can be used for BT,OSD, orTelem, when not connected to USB.
Port2 is also hardware and is used for gps on pins 3/4 when cppm is used, which also allows use of two software bitbanged serial ports on pins 5/6 and 7/8...
If sonar is enabled it takes over 7/8...however,I do not know if it works in BF...I have used it in CF....which also has better functionality of its softserial ports..

I agree. I found next problem in this configuration, when Sonar is activated doesn´t work CPPM input, FC not accepted CPPM from RC. I can confirm that this configuration is functional in Cleanflight but I would like stay at Baseflight..

Artur

AKfreak

Post by AKfreak »

So I understand correctly, base flight is the GUI that TimeCop approves/helped to dev. Cleanflight is a GUI developed by a different group, and isn't approved by TimeCop?

Arcicorsa

Post by Arcicorsa »

AKfreak wrote:So I understand correctly, base flight is the GUI that TimeCop approves/helped to dev. Cleanflight is a GUI developed by a different group, and isn't approved by TimeCop?

GUI is only configuration software.. The Baseflight has GUI and for Cleanflight has GUI.. Baseflight is product TimeCop and Cleanflight is product Dominic Clifton...Both is similar but each works better somewhere else worse.. Father for Naze32 HW is TimeCop but Cleanflight works far better on this platform than Baseflight unfortunately. I'm sorry that Timecop not trying exploit their potential HW..

Artur

kilby

Post by kilby »

Depends on what you mean by better there's more bells and whistles in there but for actual flying the damn thing I will stick to baseflight.

If you want flashing Leeds and gps that still doesn't work then go for cleanflight

flavius101

Post by flavius101 »

Hi,

Is the naze32 serial port, the one I'm connecting to KV-OSD , 5 V compatible?
I burned 2 boards recently, most probably by the KV-OSD magic powers. The STM32 is very hot.
Second question, can I replace just the IC? I know they should be programmed first with their specific bootloader. I'm just not ready to toss 2 * 52$ boards for a couple of 5$ chips. I'd rather pay 15 per chip and salvage the boards. I can solder anything. Literally.

Thank you

AKfreak

Post by AKfreak »

Arcicorsa wrote:
AKfreak wrote:So I understand correctly, base flight is the GUI that TimeCop approves/helped to dev. Cleanflight is a GUI developed by a different group, and isn't approved by TimeCop?

GUI is only configuration software.. The Baseflight has GUI and for Cleanflight has GUI.. Baseflight is product TimeCop and Cleanflight is product Dominic Clifton...Both is similar but each works better somewhere else worse.. Father for Naze32 HW is TimeCop but Cleanflight works far better on this platform than Baseflight unfortunately. I'm sorry that Timecop not trying exploit their potential HW..

Artur

Here is a Extremely interesting video I found with Hydra speaking (dont click away when you see the big guy and the dog, this is not Hydra (cleanflight guy). I think I will go the cleanflight route from the start. No offense to Timecop...

http://youtu.be/RuhNqrUFaj4?list=PL6H1f ... rllZAGWkt8

hwurzburg

Post by hwurzburg »

flavius101 wrote:Hi,

Thank you

UART port1 (the one used by USB FTDI chip, and RX for sat in, TX pad which is also inverted for TELEM pin) is 5v tolerant....UART2, ie RC3/4 is not, but most 5V GPS are 3V signal level outputs

I have also blown the UART1 port playing around with a KVOSD...but I accidentally put 12V on it :oops: ...not 5V

treym

Post by treym »

AKfreak wrote:Here is a Extremely interesting video I found with Hydra speaking (dont click away when you see the big guy and the dog, this is not Hydra (cleanflight guy). I think I will go the cleanflight route from the start. No offense to Timecop...

@hydra , nice outfit

AKfreak

Post by AKfreak »

Just so I am clear TimeCop is a hardware GURU and the man who designed and built Naze32 and the New Naze Pro. Hydra is a programmer that specializes in Logic, Integration and cleaning up code. A while back Timecop and Hydra were working together, and Hydra made suggestions on how to clean up the code, and do so in a way that it is more easily understandable and manageable. TimeCop was not happy with the thought of someone/anyone muking about with his code structure so he had a talk with Hydra. Thins got ugly and they parted ways.

So since this project is an opensource one, Hydra took the original code, stripped it, and rebuilt it in what he sees as a cleaner version. He then brought to the world a new version of a flight controller software that not only will work with the Naze hardware, but will work in multiple flight controllers.

In doing this, Hydra really pissed off Timecop, now there is huge division. Timecop thinks cleanflight is a huge waste of time, again he specializes in hardware. And from some of the posts I have see he really isn't a fan of organization of information. "feel free to edit the documentation, it's on a wiki for a reason. unlike some other people (dominic "jobless" clifton), I do have a job that is a [i]bit more important than having to document the same feature once in code and then once again elsewhere[/i]."

Now, I am not rocket scientist, but Hyda's specialty is code and organization. He seems happy to fix code, and document thoroughly his progress of new features. Heck he even makes video to walk you though a lot of what he is doing (example, the RGB LED implementation). He also seems driven to build a team of folks to further expand the feature set of the flight controller, example, better GPS performance among many other things.

So here we are, a huge division. One guy is a master of hardware (who codes but not his passion), and another guy a master of code (who has ideas of hardware but not his passion). I see this situation as an example of a Open Source project that went sideways. Its kind of sad in a way, it would of been amazing to see these guy work as passionately with each other as they are pushing away from each other. It seems to me the Naze 32 platform is amazing, however without the latest's cutting edge code, it may soon be just another board in a sea of many others.

I get it, its a $20 board....... however with the right code (team of programmers) that $20 board will be able to smoke all of the commercially available stuff (DJI,XA, ZUAV, MK, ect..) The only difference in this $20 board and all of the big guys is the team of folks working to make it better everyday. The big guys have thrown a lot of money at many problems so in many cases they are far ahead. The one thing they dont do as well is FLY. All the bells and whistles mean nothing if the foundation is weak. When the feature set of the Open Source projects meets the commercially available offerings, you may see a huge shift to Open Source in the drone world.

So, is my last day couple of days of research into the Naze platform up to speed? I am just trying to understand what exactly happened, as well as predict what is going to happen in the future with this platform.

uk-Pedro

Post by uk-Pedro »

I've got a problem with the GPS functionality I'm hoping someone can help with...

I'm running a full Naze32 and Neo-6M GPS. In baseflight I can see 9 satellites but no flashing red light on the naze32, or at least I can't detect that it's flashing. Not unsurprisingly, when I arm in this state and then switch on GPS hold whilst in the air it acts as if no GPS data is being used to hold position. Am I doing something wrong? Is the red flashing supposed to be seeable by the naked eye?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Pedro

In case it helps, my naze32 dump is below:
Afro32 CLI version 2.3 Oct 1 2014 / 07:45:46Current Config: Copy everything below here...
aux 0 0
aux 1 1
aux 2 4
aux 3 32
aux 4 0
aux 5 32
aux 6 0
aux 7 0
aux 8 0
aux 9 0
aux 10 0
aux 11 32
aux 12 0
aux 13 16
aux 14 0
aux 15 0
aux 16 0
aux 17 0
aux 18 0
aux 19 0
aux 20 0
mixer QUADX
feature -PPM
feature -VBAT
feature -INFLIGHT_ACC_CAL
feature -SERIALRX
feature -MOTOR_STOP
feature -SERVO_TILT
feature -SOFTSERIAL
feature -LED_RING
feature -GPS
feature -FAILSAFE
feature -SONAR
feature -TELEMETRY
feature -POWERMETER
feature -VARIO
feature -3D
feature PPM
feature VBAT
feature MOTOR_STOP
feature GPS
map AETR1234
set looptime = 3500
set emf_avoidance = 0
set midrc = 1520
set minthrottle = 1050
set maxthrottle = 1850
set mincommand = 1000
set mincheck = 1050
set maxcheck = 1900
set deadband3d_low = 1406
set deadband3d_high = 1514
set neutral3d = 1460
set deadband3d_throttle = 50
set motor_pwm_rate = 400
set servo_pwm_rate = 50
set retarded_arm = 0
set disarm_kill_switch = 1
set flaps_speed = 0
set fixedwing_althold_dir = 1
set reboot_character = 82
set serial_baudrate = 115200
set softserial_baudrate = 9600
set softserial_1_inverted = 0
set softserial_2_inverted = 0
set gps_type = 1
set gps_baudrate = 0
set gps_ubx_sbas = 0
set serialrx_type = 0
set sbus_offset = 988
set telemetry_provider = 0
set telemetry_port = 0
set telemetry_switch = 0
set vbatscale = 110
set currentscale = 400
set currentoffset = 0
set multiwiicurrentoutput = 0
set vbatmaxcellvoltage = 43
set vbatmincellvoltage = 34
set power_adc_channel = 0
set align_gyro = 0
set align_acc = 0
set align_mag = 0
set align_board_roll = 0
set align_board_pitch = 0
set align_board_yaw = 90
set yaw_control_direction = 1
set acc_hardware = 0
set mag_hardware = 0
set max_angle_inclination = 500
set moron_threshold = 32
set gyro_lpf = 42
set gyro_cmpf_factor = 600
set gyro_cmpfm_factor = 250
set pid_controller = 0
set deadband = 4
set yawdeadband = 10
set alt_hold_throttle_neutral = 40
set alt_hold_fast_change = 1
set throttle_correction_value = 0
set throttle_correction_angle = 800
set rc_rate = 90
set rc_expo = 65
set thr_mid = 50
set thr_expo = 0
set roll_pitch_rate = 0
set yaw_rate = 0
set tpa_rate = 0
set tpa_breakpoint = 1500
set failsafe_delay = 10
set failsafe_off_delay = 200
set failsafe_throttle = 1000
set failsafe_detect_threshold = 985
set rssi_aux_channel = 0
set rssi_adc_channel = 0
set rssi_adc_max = 4095
set rssi_adc_offset = 0
set yaw_direction = 1
set tri_unarmed_servo = 1
set gimbal_flags = 1
set acc_lpf_factor = 4
set accxy_deadband = 40
set accz_deadband = 40
set acc_unarmedcal = 1
set small_angle = 25
set acc_trim_pitch = 8
set acc_trim_roll = 10
set baro_tab_size = 21
set baro_noise_lpf = 0.600
set baro_cf_vel = 0.985
set baro_cf_alt = 0.965
set accz_lpf_cutoff = 5.000
set mag_declination = -160
set gps_pos_p = 11
set gps_pos_i = 0
set gps_pos_d = 0
set gps_posr_p = 20
set gps_posr_i = 8
set gps_posr_d = 45
set gps_nav_p = 14
set gps_nav_i = 20
set gps_nav_d = 80
set gps_wp_radius = 200
set nav_controls_heading = 1
set nav_speed_min = 100
set nav_speed_max = 300
set nav_slew_rate = 30
set p_pitch = 40
set i_pitch = 30
set d_pitch = 23
set p_roll = 40
set i_roll = 30
set d_roll = 23
set p_yaw = 85
set i_yaw = 45
set d_yaw = 0
set p_alt = 50
set i_alt = 0
set d_alt = 0
set p_level = 90
set i_level = 10
set d_level = 100
set p_vel = 120
set i_vel = 45
set d_vel = 1

AKfreak

Post by AKfreak »

I know that GPS hold with Naze is pretty terrible. The code only uses GPS to hold position, where most of the other controllers that are good at GPS hold use other sensors as well to prevent drift. The drift is up to 3+ meters now even with with an active GPS. I hope to be helping to work on better GPS performance on the Naze controller very soon.
Last edited by AKfreak on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

hwurzburg

Post by hwurzburg »

uk-Pedro wrote:I've got a problem with the GPS functionality I'm hoping someone can help with...

I'm running a full Naze32 and Neo-6M GPS. In baseflight I can see 9 satellites but no flashing red light on the naze32, or at least I can't detect that it's flashing.

its hard to tell its flashing....it a very quick "off" blinking...so fast that it seems the red led is solid on...but if you look in low light, its actually blinking...

a few notes to those trying to use gps (for informational purposes in my osd..ie speed,bearing to home,etc...right now I personally think the GPS code is not really usable for loiter or rth...perhaps if/when CF ports Harakiri it will be) :

-if you use UBLOX gps with its RX input tied to NAZE, it will rewrite the config of the GPS...which will disable the FIX led on the GPS and make it just a power LED....it will also eliminate the GSV message which shows satellite strength in the BF configurator

- personally, I let the NAZE reconfigure the GPS, disconnect it and then go back to Ucenter and add the GSV message back so I can see satellite signal strengths in the BF GUI...and also re-setup the TIMEPULSE configuration item(gps led is tied to the timepulse output of the gps submodule) to blink the gps led the way I like when fix is obtained (250ms period with 125ms pulse, +1 edge)...then I disconnect the gps RX lead so that the NAZE wont undo what I just did....

flavius101

Post by flavius101 »

hwurzburg wrote:
flavius101 wrote:Hi,

Thank you

UART port1 (the one used by USB FTDI chip, and RX for sat in, TX pad which is also inverted for TELEM pin) is 5v tolerant....UART2, ie RC3/4 is not, but most 5V GPS are 3V signal level outputs

I have also blown the UART1 port playing around with a KVOSD...but I accidentally put 12V on it :oops: ...not 5V

Thank you.
I'll add some protection diodes for the next board just in case of some inductive kick on long wires or such. I had the bad habbit of complicating the power distribution and adding connectors and switches for every section. Most probably at one of those branches power on/off some inductive spike or unconnected ground fried the board.
Should I just trash it? Is there any way to repair the two boards?

Thank you

treym

Post by treym »

AKfreak wrote:I am just trying to understand what exactly happened, as well as predict what is going to happen in the future with this platform.

please start a new thread .. this is not really about "Naze32 hardware"

AKfreak wrote:Just so I am clear
So here we are, a huge division. One guy is a master of hardware (who codes but not his passion), and another guy a master of code (who has ideas of hardware but not his passion). I see this situation as an example of a Open Source project that went sideways. Its kind of sad in a way, it would of been amazing to see these guy work as passionately with each other as they are pushing away from each other.

Just so I am clear

please keep your mentaly biased assupmtion into your own thread . le "pourquoi du comment" is cristal clear to us.

if you relly want to be usefull to your cause go write an article and post it on hyackday, diydrone, etc ... it will please one's ego.

thanks.

AKfreak

Post by AKfreak »

Ok, you dont have to be rude! Btw I was speaking to the Naze 32 board and what seems to be surrounding it, as well as affecting the future of it.

uk-Pedro

Post by uk-Pedro »

hwurzburg wrote:
its hard to tell its flashing....it a very quick "off" blinking...so fast that it seems the red led is solid on...but if you look in low light, its actually blinking...

Yea, you're right. I filmed it at 120fps and can see the flashing - surely this is ripe for tweaking. I wouldn't know how but maybe someone could tweak the code so the flashing is more prominent?

hwurzburg wrote:-if you use UBLOX gps with its RX input tied to NAZE, it will rewrite the config of the GPS...which will disable the FIX led on the GPS and make it just a power LED....it will also eliminate the GSV message which shows satellite strength in the BF configurator

- personally, I let the NAZE reconfigure the GPS, disconnect it and then go back to Ucenter and add the GSV message back so I can see satellite signal strengths in the BF GUI...and also re-setup the TIMEPULSE configuration item(gps led is tied to the timepulse output of the gps submodule) to blink the gps led the way I like when fix is obtained (250ms period with 125ms pulse, +1 edge)...then I disconnect the gps RX lead so that the NAZE wont undo what I just did....

Actually, my naze32 doesn't change the FIX led on the GPS into a power led - there is a power LED and a FIX led that flashes as expected. I tried your trick of letting naze32 reconfigure the GPS and then changing the TIMEPULSE settings to the same as you and although this changes the FIX led flashing style it doesn't change the red led flashing style on the FC.

@hwurzburg - How do you change the GSV message so that BF shows sat strength?

Thanks.

hwurzburg

Post by hwurzburg »

uk-Pedro wrote:
@hwurzburg - How do you change the GSV message so that BF shows sat strength?

Thanks.

yeah, changing gps TIMEPULSE config only affects the gps modules led flashing...your module apparently has two leds...mine only one...
as to GSV message:
just double click that message in messages view(it was greyed out), click send, then close...you will see sat strength bars begin again in Ucenter and Ucenter will prompt you to save config...do so (in FLASH...you have various options on the CFG page of the Config view that Ucenter sends you to), be sure to "send" this panel also...this actually commands the save of the configuration

uk-Pedro

Post by uk-Pedro »

Thanks

rnelias

Post by rnelias »

maybe a silly question but why do we need to worry about pids when flying manual mode? I thought pids were used in the stabilization process of horizon and angle modes... how much PID control do we have when flying manual mode?

hwurzburg

Post by hwurzburg »

What you call manual is generally referred to as "Acro"....and uses the basic PID controller in the firmware...so, yes, its PIDS are important...they are the yaw,pitch, and roll pids in the gui...
in leveling modes, such as angle or horizon, an additional loop is run around the rate (aka acro) controller and the LEVEL pid P value is what determines its forcefulness and stability in those modes....
you cant have good level modes performance without good tuning of the rate PIDS (ie acro mode) first...
Only the P term in the LEVEL pid is effective....I is ignored...and the D term should always be 100

Xcopter

Post by Xcopter »

So guys, Im getting the all dreaded no response from bootloader issue.

So I got this when I had baseflight open in the background and all running perfectly, then I perform an update and an error occured. Not sure why/how but it did.
Now whenever I go to try and connect, The naze32 board (acro) turns blue and refuses to connect giving me this
"00:39:51 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 8
00:40:01 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
00:40:01 -- Serial port successfully closed"

I tried updating the firmware with the bootloader pins shorted but that didn't work, I got the same thing. Is there anything I can possibly do to save my beloved naze board? Oh and it doesn't boot up on le quad either..