baseflight configurator (win/linux/mac)

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
BlackRock

Re: baseflight configurator (win/linux/mac)

Post by BlackRock »

cTn wrote:That message is obsolete now, i just forgot to remove it, configurator works just fine on OSX & 33.0.1750.117

Thanks so much cTn. I've got it working again. My board got all messed up during this connection issue from my own tinkering which was part of why I didn't think it was working. I basically broke my card settings while trying to figure out why the configurator was puking out the error. I got the board up and running, flashed again and set my variables. Almost everything seems to be working.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be working on the new rev is the 3D block and the compass which is simply missing. I'm not sure if I have to calibrate or set something to get the 3D block working again, but it was definitely helpful to see the quad move the block and know my orientation was correct. I thought I saw something in the last page on the compass, so I'll look that up.

Any ideas why the 3D block isn't moving with the card anymore?

cTn

Post by cTn »

BlackRock wrote:
cTn wrote:That message is obsolete now, i just forgot to remove it, configurator works just fine on OSX & 33.0.1750.117

Thanks so much cTn. I've got it working again. My board got all messed up during this connection issue from my own tinkering which was part of why I didn't think it was working. I basically broke my card settings while trying to figure out why the configurator was puking out the error. I got the board up and running, flashed again and set my variables. Almost everything seems to be working.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be working on the new rev is the 3D block and the compass which is simply missing. I'm not sure if I have to calibrate or set something to get the 3D block working again, but it was definitely helpful to see the quad move the block and know my orientation was correct. I thought I saw something in the last page on the compass, so I'll look that up.

Any ideas why the 3D block isn't moving with the card anymore?

compass "UI" was removed, regarding the 3D thing, i would flash the naze with latest "online" firmware through the configurator, if it still won't move we can investigate further

BlackRock

Post by BlackRock »

Thanks! I was just rereading the thread and saw the compass was removed. The card was flashed with whatever I downloaded last month. I'll go try the online firmware method and see if that does the trick.

Love the configurator by the way! Thanks.

Edit: Wow! I just used the "online" firmware button. I clicked it a few times, then I noticed the status changed to say it was ready. Flashed successfully and now my beautiful little box flies around with me. My four year old by the way thinks the little box on my computer is magic. He could sit and wiggle my quad around for hours watching the computer screen mimic his actions.

Looks like Chrome 33+ and .26 of the configurator on Mac is a go!

cTn

Post by cTn »

BlackRock wrote:Thanks! I was just rereading the thread and saw the compass was removed. The card was flashed with whatever I downloaded last month. I'll go try the online firmware method and see if that does the trick.

Love the configurator by the way! Thanks.

Edit: Wow! I just used the "online" firmware button. I clicked it a few times, then I noticed the status changed to say it was ready. Flashed successfully and now my beautiful little box flies around with me. My four year old by the way thinks the little box on my computer is magic. He could sit and wiggle my quad around for hours watching the computer screen mimic his actions.

Looks like Chrome 33+ and .26 of the configurator on Mac is a go!

I am glad to hear it works the way it was intended :-) enjoy

roderz

Post by roderz »

cTn:

Baseflight configurator is awesome but a few of us Mac users are struggling with it following the release of Chrome v33, as stated over at RCGroups in the post below:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=1330

Any chance you could look into this whenever you have a moment?

Cheers.

cTn

Post by cTn »

roderz wrote:cTn:

Baseflight configurator is awesome but a few of us Mac users are struggling with it following the release of Chrome v33, as stated over at RCGroups in the post below:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=1330

Any chance you could look into this whenever you have a moment?

Cheers.

Are you running the latest baseflight firmware that is available on github ?

roderz

Post by roderz »

Well now v.27 seems to be working fine on my Macbook (OSX 10.9.1) but only after having re-loaded the latest Baseflight firmware.

However, the same board won't connect to my iMac (OSX 10.6.8) and I feel like I have tried every permutation of reloading/updating/rebooting etc at least 10 times.

JaZzMaN251

Post by JaZzMaN251 »

First of all, thanks for this great tool!

I would like to ask if the Failsafe function is functional and tested?
The receiver I use only lets me set failsafe for the throttle channel, so I really like to use the failsafe function of the board.

I've set 'feature failsafe' and saved. But when I turn off my transmitter, the motors only go to idle (not failsafe setting) and don't stop turning.

Any idea's?
Thanks in advance!

crazyal

Post by crazyal »

JaZzMaN251 wrote:First of all, thanks for this great tool!

I would like to ask if the Failsafe function is functional and tested?
The receiver I use only lets me set failsafe for the throttle channel, so I really like to use the failsafe function of the board.

I've set 'feature failsafe' and saved. But when I turn off my transmitter, the motors only go to idle (not failsafe setting) and don't stop turning.

Any idea's?
Thanks in advance!

failsafe works, just make sure your receiver stops it's output otherwise it won't work.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Is there a possibility for adding Network TCP/IP support to this BaseFlight Configurator?

Thanks

JaZzMaN251

Post by JaZzMaN251 »

This is what happens when I turn my transmitter off (signal goes to 900, well below the treshold of 985, set up in the CLI)

So the failsafe starts, but doesn't go to the failsafe signal, which I set at 1300.

failsafe delay set to 10 (1 second)
failsafe off delay set to 50 (5 seconds)

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

Two questions.
Why won't latest baseflight-20131126.zip from https://code.google.com/p/afrodevices/downloads/list work with the baseflight-configurator since the Chrome update?
I have three Naze rev.5 boards and for the configurator to be fully functional I had to use the online download. I could not backup anything before having to install that online firmware, (hex?)
What firmware is the online download? Obviously it and the latest zip are not one in the same.

Thanks

BlackRock

Post by BlackRock »

Question on the 3D block model. I've got my FC setup and working with the newest rev and I've noticed that while connected to the configurator the 3D model rotates ever so slowly. If I connect and just sit and watch it, the block will rotate a few degrees every 10 seconds or so. My guess is there is a setting somewhere I need to tweak to help zero it out, but I have no clue. It appears to only rotate on one axis (yaw), so it must be a setting there. I doubt it's an issue with the configurator so I'm wondering why the FC is telling it that it's rotating?

It also seems to be rotating clockwise if that makes a difference.

mdisher

Post by mdisher »

See next post...
Last edited by mdisher on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

mdisher

Post by mdisher »

New here, But wanted to post a couple bugs with the recent version of this tool

19:51:47 -- Running - OS: Windows, Chrome: 33.0.1750.117, Configurator: 0.27

IF this isn't the right place let me know.

I'm using this against an afro acro naze32.

Previous versions seemed to work better.

With the last to updates I can no longer:
- Backup a config, clicking the back up button does nothing, though I can do a restore.
- Model Quad X, 3D view thing, no longer moves or rotates.
- If I click on the motor/servo outputs page it just kind of hangs there. I can't go back to any of the other tabs.

OK, the more I look at this more I think Chrome broke this... I've rolled back from version 0.24, 0.25, 0.26 up to the current 0.28 and they all behave the same.

Running windows 64bit, Chrome version: Version 33.0.1750.117 m

-MD

BlackRock

Post by BlackRock »

MD - Try flashing your FC with the latest "online" files. I had the same issue with the 3D block viewer. Once I flashed my Naze32 with the newest "online" file it worked. I would see if you can get the 3D viewer going and then see if your other problems still exist.

I just went through some of this the other day. It seems Chrome was to blame for the initial serial API bug.

phil

Post by phil »

The Baseflight Configurator updated to version .28. When I try to update the firmware I receive the message "Failed to open serial port." How do I fix this?
Attachments
failed-to-open-port.png

phil

Post by phil »

Reinstalling the drivers fixed it.

"Failed to open serial port"

--Oz--

Post by --Oz-- »

Thanks cTn for the GUI!

When people post a screen shot of their PID's, the few crucial parameters are missing from the receiver page that tells a better picture of their settings.

Missing from PID screen shot settings are;
Thro Mid, Thro Expo, RC Rate, RC Expo (and their graphs)

Several possibilities to solve this, including but not limited to;

Copying the Rx settings to the PID page,
Have an output screen of all settings (that is not 4 pages long in text).

Thanks!

--Oz--

Post by --Oz-- »

I have been have a miserable time connecting Blue Tooth (HK BT on board my quad and USB BT module in my WinXP and Win7 notebooks. As of now I cant stand BT (horrible range, and connect/re-connect issues). But recently I noticed something, I had a hard time connecting with straight usb to acro naze32 (BT still solder to Naze32).

Question, if BT is soldered to naze32, will USB connection reliably work (or does the BT need to be disconnected first)?

What is the do's and don't with BT and USB connectivity?

I am thinking of replacing the miserable BT with a spare APM mavlink, would this make things better (connection, re-connect, range and when USB connected) issues go away?

Many TIA!

BarneyG

Post by BarneyG »

I've not used this for some time now but I tried to use it again today and ran into :
21:08:17 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 2
21:08:27 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed

I've tried both USB and BT at 115200 and get the same result.

I'm running
21:07:07 -- Running - OS: MacOS, Chrome: 33.0.1750.152, Configurator: 0.29

and I've got MultiWii 2.3 running on a Crius AIOP v2.

Dev permissions look like :

cd /dev/
ls -l tty.*
crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 33, 18 16 Mar 21:14 tty.MULTI-DevB
crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 33, 4 15 Mar 11:38 tty.SerialPort
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 0 16 Mar 21:00 tty.btserial -> tty.MULTI-DevB
crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 33, 16 16 Mar 21:22 tty.usbserial-A102L1GL

MultiWii_Conf for 2.3 connects to it just fine.

Are there any logs I can look at to see what is failing ?

cTn

Post by cTn »

BarneyG wrote:I've not used this for some time now but I tried to use it again today and ran into :
21:08:17 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 2
21:08:27 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed

I've tried both USB and BT at 115200 and get the same result.

I'm running
21:07:07 -- Running - OS: MacOS, Chrome: 33.0.1750.152, Configurator: 0.29

and I've got MultiWii 2.3 running on a Crius AIOP v2.

Dev permissions look like :

cd /dev/
ls -l tty.*
crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 33, 18 16 Mar 21:14 tty.MULTI-DevB
crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 33, 4 15 Mar 11:38 tty.SerialPort
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 0 16 Mar 21:00 tty.btserial -> tty.MULTI-DevB
crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 33, 16 16 Mar 21:22 tty.usbserial-A102L1GL

MultiWii_Conf for 2.3 connects to it just fine.

Are there any logs I can look at to see what is failing ?

this configurator was locked down to support baseflight running hardware only (naze32 and acronaze), thats why it doesn't work for you anymore

BarneyG

Post by BarneyG »

Crap ... I missed that post ... sorry for the stupid question.

deleted

Post by deleted »

I cannot get this Baseflight Configurator to work on my Mac. My Acro Naze32 board which I got yesterday connects fine in MultiwiiConf 2.3 but cannot seem to connect use this app.

I have run the command "sudo ln -s /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART /dev/tty.usbserial" mentioned to map the serial port but still no luck connecting use the mapped device or /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART either. I get the message below.

23:22:07 -- Running - OS: MacOS, Chrome: 33.0.1750.152, Configurator: 0.29
23:22:10 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 15
23:22:20 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
23:22:20 -- Serial port successfully closed

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

cTn

Post by cTn »

deleted wrote:I cannot get this Baseflight Configurator to work on my Mac. My Acro Naze32 board which I got yesterday connects fine in MultiwiiConf 2.3 but cannot seem to connect use this app.

I have run the command "sudo ln -s /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART /dev/tty.usbserial" mentioned to map the serial port but still no luck connecting use the mapped device or /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART either. I get the message below.

23:22:07 -- Running - OS: MacOS, Chrome: 33.0.1750.152, Configurator: 0.29
23:22:10 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 15
23:22:20 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
23:22:20 -- Serial port successfully closed

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

are you able to flash it through the configurator ?

deleted

Post by deleted »

cTn wrote:are you able to flash it through the configurator ?

No I cannot.
I click on Load Firmware (Online) and it says - "Remote firmware loaded ready for flashing"
Then I click on Flash Firmware and nothing happens.

cTn

Post by cTn »

deleted wrote:
cTn wrote:are you able to flash it through the configurator ?

No I cannot.
I click on Load Firmware (Online) and it says - "Remote firmware loaded ready for flashing"
Then I click on Flash Firmware and nothing happens.

then i would check your driver installation, and remove the symbolic link as its no required since chrome v33, otherwise baseflight configurator fully supports acro naze and naze32 on OSX, so problem must be somewhere on your end

deleted

Post by deleted »

I downloaded and installed the VCP v3.1 driver from http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Page ... ivers.aspx
Is there any other driver I require? Strange since it connects fine in MultiwiiConf 2.3.

Thanks

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

Not familiar with Mac's, but what com port is MultiwiiConf 2.3 using?

deleted

Post by deleted »

RC_Adik wrote:Not familiar with Mac's, but what com port is MultiwiiConf 2.3 using?

It uses this device /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART

cTn

Post by cTn »

deleted wrote:
RC_Adik wrote:Not familiar with Mac's, but what com port is MultiwiiConf 2.3 using?

Just got a word from one of my OSX testers, acro naze rev4 & rev5 connects just fine to latest bf configurator (v 0.30), just remove any symlink you created, could you post a picture of your board ?

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

What baud rate do you have selected deleted? Maybe you can open Terminal, plug in the board and type "sudo dmesg" and copy and the lines with "CP210" in them and post them here?

deleted

Post by deleted »

felixrising wrote:What baud rate do you have selected deleted? Maybe you can open Terminal, plug in the board and type "sudo dmesg" and copy and the lines with "CP210" in them and post them here?

Sorry for the late reply. I have been away for the weekend.

Baud rate is set at 115200.

Here is the copy of the lines requested:

com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver: init
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::attach
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::probe
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::detach
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::attach
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::start - Registered for Power Management
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::start!
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::start - Found device at interface 0
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDrivcom_silabs_erdriv(er_CP2100xx12b1VC60PDri00v)::erse(tPo0werStatx12e - Wakb1ing60 up
00)::SelectInterfaces - BulkInput Pipe is 0xde0ec00 on EP1
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::SelectInterfaces - BulkOutput Pipe is 0xde0eb00 on EP1
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo - Part Number Found: 0x02
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo - UsbConfigurationDescriptor -
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .bLength = 9
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .bDescriptorType = 0x02
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .wTotalLength = 32
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .bNumInterfaces = 1
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .bConfigurationValue = 1
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .iConfiguration = 0
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .bmAttributes = 0x80
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .MaxPower = 50
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::start - Sucessfully loaded the driver
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=403[ksadmin] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=407[ksadmin] clearing CS_VALID
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver::setPowerState(0x12b16000, 0 -> 1) timed out after 10101 ms

deleted

Post by deleted »

cTn wrote:
deleted wrote:

Just got a word from one of my OSX testers, acro naze rev4 & rev5 connects just fine to latest bf configurator (v 0.30), just remove any symlink you created, could you post a picture of your board ?

It is a V5 board. I only bought it 2 weeks ago and its a red board.
Attachments
photo-1.JPG

scrat

Post by scrat »

deleted wrote:
It is a V5 board. I only bought it 2 weeks ago and its a red board.

If you need good naze32 case...PM me.

deleted

Post by deleted »

Any other suggestions guys?

The board connected first go on a Windows VM and I flashed the firmware etc but it would be handy if I could use it natively on OSX.

Thanks

scrat

Post by scrat »

I'm using baseflight conf on mac os x 10.9.2 with no problem. naze32 rev5 - purple color.

deleted

Post by deleted »

I'm running osx 10.6.8

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

It should't break it, but it could be the reason.. maybe chrome needs a later version of OSX???

deleted

Post by deleted »

Looks like windows it is for now then :(
Thanks anyway for the help.

deleted

Post by deleted »

Im back again :(

I bought another naze32 acro rev 5 board (because this FC is awesome) and this one is not connecting to baseflight configurator. I can connect my other Naze32 acro rev5 board to my Windows VM machine and it works fine (so I know its not drivers) but this new board is not recognised. I cannot flash the firmware either. Here is a screen shot. I have also tried this new board on a Windows 7 laptop (and a OSX machine) with no success.

Help please!
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-05-12 at 9.24.17 PM.png

timecop

Post by timecop »

Not really a question for this thread as it has nothing to do with configurator, but turn off auto-connect, short bootloader pads w/paperclip, apply power/USB, then check noreboot sewquence and flash firmware.

deleted

Post by deleted »

timecop wrote:Not really a question for this thread as it has nothing to do with configurator, but turn off auto-connect, short bootloader pads w/paperclip, apply power/USB, then check noreboot sewquence and flash firmware.

Sorry, I thought it might have been related to the software.

I tried shorting the bootloader pads as you suggested but it still didn't work. The board boots with a blue led (when shorted) and then I followed your instructions above but get a error message instantly saying "STM32 - Timed out, programming : FAILED".

I will take it to the hardware thread. Thanks.

--Oz--

Post by --Oz-- »

I like the Baseflight Configurator, thanks cTn!

Two suggestions,

Be able to save the PID and Receiver screens in 1 click to a .JPG file for sharing.

GUI the CLI tab in a clean way by organizing the different sections (features, settings, etc) together and making simple check box's, number boxes, simple help for what the setting is and the acceptable range values (EG: 0-100).

It would take this GUI to the next level, thanks again for the excellent GUI, happy flying!

Zenman

Post by Zenman »

Great software! Would be useful to be able to zoom in more on the gyro outputs in the raw sensor tab and also increase the size of the graph. Maybe also make the axis selectable.

usab

Post by usab »

Hi,

I found a bug in baseflight configurator:

# version
Afro32 CLI version 2.3 Oct 22 2014 / 19:03:34

Baseflight: 0.55

Btw, good work :)

cTn

Post by cTn »

usab wrote:Hi,

I found a bug in baseflight configurator:

# version
Afro32 CLI version 2.3 Oct 22 2014 / 19:03:34

Baseflight: 0.55

Btw, good work :)

Thanks for reporting that, it will be fixed in 0.56 and most likely pushed to stable/chrome store today.

iamhandgun

Post by iamhandgun »

i still have not been able to connect on my mac. i have the drivers loaded
Running - OS: MacOS (10.6.8), Chrome: 39.0.2171.95, Configurator: 0.57
the auto connects via /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART

I would be just fine using the MultiWii 2.3 as I am used to that gui for my other board, but I'm just trying to update the naze to to the latest firmware. i also thought it could be my osx version so i tried on another machine running 10.8 with no luck. I also just tried flashing firmware anyway to see if it would somehow connect. after hitting the flash firmware button, nothing appears to happen, but when hit the leave firmware flasher button, the log says
//You can't do this right now, please wait for current operation to finish ...
then nothing else seems to happen. i've shorted the bootloader and tried flash on port detection to which i get...
// Detected: /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART - triggering flash on connect
in the log then the flasher errors with "No response from the bootloader, programming: FAILED"
after 7 minutes, the log still says "you can't do this right now" when trying to leave the flasher.
I'm sure i'm missing something, i just can't figure out what.

cTn

Post by cTn »

iamhandgun wrote:i still have not been able to connect on my mac. i have the drivers loaded
Running - OS: MacOS (10.6.8), Chrome: 39.0.2171.95, Configurator: 0.57
the auto connects via /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART

I would be just fine using the MultiWii 2.3 as I am used to that gui for my other board, but I'm just trying to update the naze to to the latest firmware. i also thought it could be my osx version so i tried on another machine running 10.8 with no luck. I also just tried flashing firmware anyway to see if it would somehow connect. after hitting the flash firmware button, nothing appears to happen, but when hit the leave firmware flasher button, the log says
//You can't do this right now, please wait for current operation to finish ...
then nothing else seems to happen. i've shorted the bootloader and tried flash on port detection to which i get...
// Detected: /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART - triggering flash on connect
in the log then the flasher errors with "No response from the bootloader, programming: FAILED"
after 7 minutes, the log still says "you can't do this right now" when trying to leave the flasher.
I'm sure i'm missing something, i just can't figure out what.

Would you mind joining the #multiwii channel on freenode? There is quite a few users that use OSX there that might be able to debug this problem.

scrat

Post by scrat »

I'm using MAC - the latest OS. And bf conf. works perfect. Drivers are those: http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documen ... Driver.zip. Uninstall bf conf. from Chrome and install again. Then try. And please check if you're not using USB cable just for charging.