Compile MultiWiiConf-Basic HowTo

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
gompf

Compile MultiWiiConf-Basic HowTo

Post by gompf »

Hi,
maybe easy stuff for most of you but cost me some time on the first run. I´m sure it´s already explained better somewhere else but I haven`t found it in compressed form so I´ll give a brief description here:

1. Altough the Conf code opens in Arduino you need "Processing" to compile it: http://processing.org/
2. You need the controlP5 library: http://www.sojamo.de/libraries/controlP5/
Unzip this to a directory /libraries/controlP5 to the Sketchbook folder, NOT the Sketch folder. Shoud also work to just create the folder and copy the controlP5.jar from Alex´s package. You can check your
Sketchfolder in File->Preferences
3. Check if the library is enlisted in Processing in the tab "Sketch"->"Import Library", Processing needs to be started with admin rights once on W7/64
4. "Export" equals test&compile, "Export Application" will build the executable(s) for the choosen platform(s).

Regards,
gompf

sleedo

Re: Compile MultiWiiConf-Basic HowTo

Post by sleedo »

Thank you! This helped me get a running config program (with a little fumbling around)

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

5. with some OpenGL implementations/drivers Export works, but ExportApplication will produce a non working application. Then you may try to build it as fullscreen+stopButton (in the ExportApplication dialog). Works for me.

Hamburger

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Thanks for the guide..

The library had to be in another place to get it to work for me.

..\processing-1.5.1\modes\java\libraries\controlP5

Cheers
/ PatrikE

Anakin

Post by Anakin »

Hi all,

I'm getting an error when trying to run the MultiWiiConf1_7.exe GUI ..

« could not find the main class. Program will exit! » error from Java Virtual Machine Launcher.

I have seen this issue mentioned in RCGroups additional HOWTO thread but cant seem to find a resolution to this anywhere

I am running WinXP SP2 and have the latest version of Java on my machine. Ariuno IDE, NetBeans and Processing also runs without issues.

Can anyone here offer any advice please?

thx!

rihardsb

Post by rihardsb »

Thanks for the post!

paddytfm

Post by paddytfm »

Thank's for the post, particularly
Gompf for explanations and patrike for the upgrade
So in order to see Yaw Z axis working like other axis in the graph I did this

// if (azGraph) {
// if (scaleSlider.value()<2) g_graph.drawLine(accYAW, -1000, +1000);
// else g_graph.drawLine(accYAW, 200*scaleSlider.value()-1000,200*scaleSlider.value()+500);

if (azGraph) { g_graph.drawLine(accYAW, -1000, +1000);
//else g_graph.drawLine(accYAW, 200*scaleSlider.value()-1000,200*scaleSlider.value()+500);

best autolevel
Paddytfm

Rudi48

Post by Rudi48 »

Because I have not found any good description how to compile the MultiWiiConf program under MAC OS X, I like to describe that for reference.

Please see the web page: http://www.rudiswiki.de/wiki9/QuadrocopterMultiWiiConf

Regards, Rudolf

kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

No issues here running PCLinuxOS.

Just installed arduino0022 from the repositories and it works.

gompf-2

Post by gompf-2 »

double posting...
Last edited by gompf-2 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

gompf-2

Post by gompf-2 »

Tweak to processing on Win32 for faster comport scan/use with non toshiba based BT-hardware:
http://servicios.ried.cl/arduino/temp/rxtxSerial-2.2_fixed_2009-03-17.rar
Seems to be enough to copy this into the /lib folder of the ready build application.
Path in the processing folder: \processing-1.5.1\modes\java\libraries\serial\library\windows32

More details:http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=817

darlofranco

Post by darlofranco »

Thank you gomf !

This has got me up and running :D

Frank

Nicksdesign

Post by Nicksdesign »

When I installed Processing, I found the advice on where put the controlP5 library confusing. I just couldn't get it to work. (If anyone can be confused, it's me.) With the new version 2.0.1, it was easy to let Processing itself import the library. Just go to Tools/import Library/, select conrolP5 (or type the name in the selection field) and click Install. That's all.

Nick

Lecostarius

Post by Lecostarius »

Hi all,

I am currently writing a Dataflash logging facility for MultiWii, using the Crius AIOP 2.0 built-in dataflash (AT45DB161 from adesto). First basic things are already working fine, including communication with MultiWiiConf - however, I encounter an unexpected difficulty when trying to create a standalone application from processing: I do an export to application, and get no errors, just a message that everything has been compiled and linked fine, and I get an executable - which will open an empty grey window, no MultiWiiConf contents.
When launching the same program from processings GUI, all works fine.

Any ideas how to create standalone app from processing (tried to export into full screen, which yields a full screen grey empty screen :? )

Thanks for all help you can provide!

brewski

Post by brewski »

Lecostarius wrote:Hi all,

I am currently writing a Dataflash logging facility for MultiWii, using the Crius AIOP 2.0 built-in dataflash (AT45DB161 from adesto). First basic things are already working fine, including communication with MultiWiiConf - however, I encounter an unexpected difficulty when trying to create a standalone application from processing: I do an export to application, and get no errors, just a message that everything has been compiled and linked fine, and I get an executable - which will open an empty grey window, no MultiWiiConf contents.
When launching the same program from processings GUI, all works fine.

Any ideas how to create standalone app from processing (tried to export into full screen, which yields a full screen grey empty screen :? )

Thanks for all help you can provide!

I have Crius AIOP V2 as do many others on this forum. Please publish the code to enable onboard logging :D
Can you also explain how to read the logged values & what type of data is logged.

Lecostarius

Post by Lecostarius »

Great that there is some interest. I am happy to share what I have. Sadly it is ongoing work, so not finished yet.

Reading the logged values is done with MultiWiiConf - there is a new register tab called "Dataflash", and you just connect your copter after flying (and logging :-)), and hit the button "download logs". That will produce a file, currently fixed-name "dataflash.dat", on your harddisk, which contains the raw logs. I will also write another standalone program that converts the "dataflash.dat" into a "dataflash.xls" so you can import it into Excel. After that, for the time being, you are on your own what you do with it.
When it comes to "what is being logged", I am planning to make this configurable in config.h - so there is a #define LOG_BARO and/or a #define LOG_PID etc. I mainly want to use it myself for PID optimization and playing around with some cruise and altitude control, but I am open to any suggestions about things that would be interesting to log, so please let me know.

brewski

Post by brewski »

OK so you produced a custom MW Config to enable download of logs... very interesting.
I think selectable data for logging should include IMU , Baro, Mag, GPS coordinates, GPS sats, and motor outputs.
I look forward to your posting the code when you think it is ready.