Naze32 hardware discussion thread

timecop

Re: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by timecop »

I'm guessing just STM, but could be anything else. Usually I don't consider those repairable and just toss them.

caspar21

Post by caspar21 »

thnx. and great job on an amazing controller!

ArrogantDuck

Post by ArrogantDuck »

CVMichael wrote:I have the same problem (or similar?)

I am using the October version also, and my quad keeps turning clockwise on the yaw axis when I move around, and I constantly have to correct it!
snippage

I have one out of three boards doing this. And mainly under power.
Recently, it has been impossible to perform a proper calibration on the one mini as it reboots when the battery is plugged in. Seems to cause the escs to go into program mode.

Now that I'm mentioning it here, I'll give it another go; I state it here in an effort to ascertain a lack of sync as the problem. Or at least to discuss it.
Robert

lunithy

Post by lunithy »

Hiway
5 days ago

<-----Disco owner and flyer
I am a big fan of TBS. I cannot jump in this though- I have no doubt it is fast- no doubt it is well engineered, and complete confidence it will be supported.
I also am quite sure that most every other custom built mini hex like the RD290 or the Blackout will spank this thing- so from a competitor's standpoint I would rather build something that, well, competes.
I could be wrong- go ahead TBS... prove me wrong.
·
View all 5 replies
Team BlackSheep
5 days ago

+Hiway the flight control is open source, not proprietary! :) the Naze was not able to perform on the Gemini, it's a bit more complex for the flight control to handle with the bent motors and asymmetrical layout. The OpenPilot / Taulabs code allows to set motor vectors and thus is the only real choice. Apart from a DJI NAZA but then we really are talking proprietary, and slow :). The motors are not proprietary, eventually you will be able to buy just the frame and you can use any motor you'd like. But I can see how you have customized a frame to suit your needs and we will never be able to please anyone. we tried to take as many of the requests from the community and build them into a tiny frame.
Does this sound right ... I was making a frame with bent arms :ugeek:

Hoppsan_84

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

ArrogantDuck wrote:

I am using the October version also, and my quad keeps turning clockwise on the yaw axis when I move around, and I constantly have to correct it!
snippage

Recently, it has been impossible to perform a proper calibration on the one mini as it reboots when the battery is plugged in. Seems to cause the escs to go into program mode.

Now that I'm mentioning it here, I'll give it another go; I state it here in an effort to ascertain a lack of sync as the problem. Or at least to discuss it.
Robert

I got two wite rev5 boards yesterday and i have similare problem. A realy strage thing is when i disarm and one or two motors still going at a lower speed. I am going to test the FC in a difrent frame to exclude ESCs and motors.

Last edited by Hoppsan_84 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

lunithy wrote: Does this sound right ... I was making a frame with bent arms :ugeek:

Will your frame be asymmetrical? If so, there are tools online to generate custom mixer parameters using the geometry. But that may be the extent of configurable options. As for angled motors... it'll make for interesting tuning... but should be okay.

Here's more background info: http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/RotorcraftMixing
And a python script to generate the custom mixer settings... which may need to be transposed:
http://reviews.openpilot.org/cru/OPReview-761#CFR-16913

Skinwalk3r

Post by Skinwalk3r »

Timecop, any input on yaw issue ?...vibration isolation was no help

Hoppsan_84

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

Hoppsan_84 wrote:
ArrogantDuck wrote:

snippage

Robert

I got two wite rev5 boards yesterday and i have similare problem. A realy strage thing is when i disarm and one or two motors still going at a lower speed. I am going to test the FC in a difrent frame to exclude ESCs and motors.

The problem with the engine is solved. proved to be a broken esc. As usual, it's not a broken FC

lunithy

Post by lunithy »

KC_703 wrote:
lunithy wrote: Does this sound right ... I was making a frame with bent arms :ugeek:

Will your frame be asymmetrical? If so, there are tools online to generate custom mixer parameters using the geometry. But that may be the extent of configurable options. As for angled motors... it'll make for interesting tuning... but should be okay.

Here's more background info: http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/RotorcraftMixing
And a python script to generate the custom mixer settings... which may need to be transposed:
http://reviews.openpilot.org/cru/OPReview-761#CFR-16913
Thank you.

Tr3TopFlyer

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

Hoppsan_84 wrote:
Hoppsan_84 wrote:
ArrogantDuck wrote:

Robert

The problem with the engine is solved. proved to be a broken esc. As usual, it's not a broken FC

Did this also solve your yaw issue?

Hoppsan_84

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

I don't know that yet.. I am going to try the FC in a different frame until then I can't be sure.
For now the yaw issue is still there but I can't trust the esc so. I will give you a report when I know.

samd12

Post by samd12 »

I have just entered into the wonderful world of naze32 (awesome) and have had a very steep learning curve but I have now come across an issue and am stumped. I am on Afro32 CLI version 2.3 Oct 1 2014. The controller is in a 250 size quad and flies perfectly in arm, angle and horizon mode. When I enter baro mode it gets hairy. The quad will jump and descend in altitude erratically. I have carefully calibrated the accelerometer and magetometer with no luck. I have attached a video to show. It is like it gets pulses of throttle up and down and is very difficult to control The baro portion is at about the 45 second mark in the video and it is not me making the throttle go all over. The quad flies beautifully in other modes and I am not running GPS.
If more info is needed I will gladly put it together just let me know what you need and I will research how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK7ztX7n7kM

Sorry video won't embed for some reason

41south

Post by 41south »

Have you covered the baro with a bit of foam. They can be light sensitive and it will also be getting prop wash over it.
Last edited by 41south on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skinwalk3r

Post by Skinwalk3r »

really frustrated now. Switched out naze32 with a new one (bought at the same time with the first one) and the yaw issue is still there.

samd12

Re:

Post by samd12 »

41south wrote:Have you covered the baro with a bit of foam. They can light sensitive and it will also be getting prop wash over it.

I will have to say in all my reading connecting to and setting up the unit I never came across that, just tried it and it is working! Thank you so much for the fast reply!!

Skinwalk3r

Post by Skinwalk3r »

ok Timecop

here is info that you usually ask for

Afro32 CLI version 2.3 Oct 1 2014 / 07:45:46Current Config: Copy everything below here...
aux 0 0
aux 1 0
aux 2 1
aux 3 0
aux 4 0
aux 5 0
aux 6 0
aux 7 0
aux 8 0
aux 9 0
aux 10 0
aux 11 0
aux 12 0
aux 13 0
aux 14 0
aux 15 0
aux 16 0
aux 17 0
aux 18 0
aux 19 0
aux 20 0
mixer QUADX
feature -PPM
feature -VBAT
feature -INFLIGHT_ACC_CAL
feature -SERIALRX
feature -MOTOR_STOP
feature -SERVO_TILT
feature -SOFTSERIAL
feature -LED_RING
feature -GPS
feature -FAILSAFE
feature -SONAR
feature -TELEMETRY
feature -POWERMETER
feature -VARIO
feature -3D
feature MOTOR_STOP
map AETR1234
set looptime = 3500
set emf_avoidance = 0
set midrc = 1500
set minthrottle = 1150
set maxthrottle = 1850
set mincommand = 1000
set mincheck = 1100
set maxcheck = 1900
set deadband3d_low = 1406
set deadband3d_high = 1514
set neutral3d = 1460
set deadband3d_throttle = 50
set motor_pwm_rate = 400
set servo_pwm_rate = 50
set retarded_arm = 0
set disarm_kill_switch = 1
set flaps_speed = 0
set fixedwing_althold_dir = 1
set reboot_character = 82
set serial_baudrate = 115200
set softserial_baudrate = 9600
set softserial_1_inverted = 0
set softserial_2_inverted = 0
set gps_type = 0
set gps_baudrate = 0
set gps_ubx_sbas = 0
set serialrx_type = 0
set sbus_offset = 988
set telemetry_provider = 0
set telemetry_port = 0
set telemetry_switch = 0
set vbatscale = 110
set currentscale = 400
set currentoffset = 0
set multiwiicurrentoutput = 0
set vbatmaxcellvoltage = 43
set vbatmincellvoltage = 33
set power_adc_channel = 0
set align_gyro = 0
set align_acc = 0
set align_mag = 0
set align_board_roll = 0
set align_board_pitch = 0
set align_board_yaw = 0
set yaw_control_direction = 1
set acc_hardware = 0
set mag_hardware = 0
set max_angle_inclination = 500
set moron_threshold = 32
set gyro_lpf = 42
set gyro_cmpf_factor = 600
set gyro_cmpfm_factor = 250
set pid_controller = 0
set deadband = 0
set yawdeadband = 0
set alt_hold_throttle_neutral = 40
set alt_hold_fast_change = 1
set throttle_correction_value = 0
set throttle_correction_angle = 800
set rc_rate = 90
set rc_expo = 65
set thr_mid = 50
set thr_expo = 0
set roll_pitch_rate = 0
set yaw_rate = 80
set tpa_rate = 0
set tpa_breakpoint = 1500
set failsafe_delay = 10
set failsafe_off_delay = 200
set failsafe_throttle = 1200
set failsafe_detect_threshold = 985
set rssi_aux_channel = 0
set rssi_adc_channel = 0
set rssi_adc_max = 4095
set rssi_adc_offset = 0
set yaw_direction = 1
set tri_unarmed_servo = 1
set gimbal_flags = 1
set acc_lpf_factor = 4
set accxy_deadband = 40
set accz_deadband = 40
set acc_unarmedcal = 1
set small_angle = 25
set acc_trim_pitch = 0
set acc_trim_roll = 0
set baro_tab_size = 21
set baro_noise_lpf = 0.600
set baro_cf_vel = 0.985
set baro_cf_alt = 0.965
set accz_lpf_cutoff = 5.000
set mag_declination = 0
set gps_pos_p = 11
set gps_pos_i = 0
set gps_pos_d = 0
set gps_posr_p = 20
set gps_posr_i = 8
set gps_posr_d = 45
set gps_nav_p = 14
set gps_nav_i = 20
set gps_nav_d = 80
set gps_wp_radius = 200
set nav_controls_heading = 1
set nav_speed_min = 100
set nav_speed_max = 300
set nav_slew_rate = 30
set p_pitch = 40
set i_pitch = 30
set d_pitch = 23
set p_roll = 40
set i_roll = 30
set d_roll = 23
set p_yaw = 85
set i_yaw = 45
set d_yaw = 0
set p_alt = 50
set i_alt = 0
set d_alt = 0
set p_level = 90
set i_level = 10
set d_level = 100
set p_vel = 120
set i_vel = 45
set d_vel = 1

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

Skinwalk3r wrote:really frustrated now. Switched out naze32 with a new one (bought at the same time with the first one) and the yaw issue is still there.

Are you copying the same config to both FCs? On the second use the basic commands for your Rx, and fly with default PIDs... just looked at your dump, looks like only changes is turning off VBAT, enabling MOTOR_STOP and increasing yaw rate... nothing too extreme.

If both FCs produce the same results, it seems your issue is somewhere else on the quad? Check the connections to the ESCs... possibly motors and props also.

timecop

Post by timecop »

If I haven't bothered replying anyone's question here it generally means its so stupid I don't have time to waste explaining same shit that was covered a million times in the thread.

If people can't be arsed to read the fucking manual and do basic shit like trimming their transmitter etc, there's no fucking hope.

Roekels

Post by Roekels »

Hi there, I hope you could help me out.

I recently acquired the Acro Naze32 rev5.
Got my mini 250 quad set up, and everything works fine except for getting it Armed

Problem:
Cant seem to arm it. Arm via Yaw does not work. Arm via Aux doesn't work either. (

What does work
Motor's and esc's work fine (via motor test tab in base flight and individually)
LED's light red when aux is in use, otherwise blue.
All channels and Motors display correct values and respond to Tx inputs correctly

info
I'm using a Futaba T7CP tx with FRsky module and receiver.
It is not the motors, nor the esc's as i have tested them individually as well as each one works fine in the Base-flight motor test tab.
I have tried the set mincheck/maxcheck commands.. (to just below and just above channel values)
I have tried the tx end point adjustments

Seems that something is preventing it from arming?

Thank you in advance! :?

Skinwalk3r

Post by Skinwalk3r »

Timecop

I Have read the manual (both revisions). However from watching a few setup videos one gets the impression that the default settings are fine for flying thus the confusion. I just want to make sure the fault is mine not the boards.

TimPainter

Post by TimPainter »

If the"fucking manuals " contained more information then perhaps we would not need to ask "stupid questions"

Tim

Tr3TopFlyer

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

Skinwalk3r wrote:Timecop

I Have read the manual (both revisions). However from watching a few setup videos one gets the impression that the default settings are fine for flying thus the confusion. I just want to make sure the fault is mine not the boards.

I'm very new here and just trying to help but I have a couple of friends who are experiencing the self yawing issue. This is after a yaw, the copter turns additionally, as much as another 90-180 degrees on its own. Sometimes the yaw is even when just flying forward. I haven't personally looked at their configurations but I know one of them to be very experienced and knowledgeable about setting up FCs and RC in general. I would highly doubt that this is a trim center issue or something like that. It could be an ESC or motor sync possibly but it just seems strange that a number of people are complaining about this right now. Hopefully the devs won't be too quick to blame the users and take a deeper look at firmware and also the possibility that a batch of bad boards was released (although the bad board seems unlikely). BTW, wasn't there a "fix" for this that broke other things and so it was removed? If this is user error then what was the fix for?

TimPainter

Post by TimPainter »

OK
Ahumm ! Moving on. Can anyone point me in the direction of older hex files for the naze32 funfly as the october base flight version did not work for me
I m not sure which version I was using previously when headfree worked reasonably well on my board

Su-33

Post by Su-33 »

Has anyone used EGBT-046S bluetooth module (without the "normal" out pins)

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

TimPainter wrote:OK
Ahumm ! Moving on. Can anyone point me in the direction of older hex files for the naze32 funfly as the october base flight version did not work for me
I m not sure which version I was using previously when headfree worked reasonably well on my board

August version here.

TimPainter

Post by TimPainter »

Thanks KC_703
I will give this version a try later and report results
Tim

kilby

Post by kilby »

I may not be popular for posting this BUT, for those having basic issues I suggest heading off to this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1653753 it's stupidly long but it covers almost every common Naze32 issue out there.

There are many sires and forums out there that are better placed to ask the everyday questions and try to save the less common issues for here.

Google will provide you a lot of other places with the answers to many of these questions.

So come on guys make a little effort before heading for here

kilby

Post by kilby »

Oops double post (again)

Tr3TopFlyer

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

Actually it was a google search that led me here but understood.

kilby

Post by kilby »

It's usually easier to work through the other forums first, the one I posted covers almost everything you could want but work through the first few pages first as they contain the most basic info.

Later ones tend to cover things that turn up with firmware updates (and the usual setup questions)

Hope it makes it easier for everybody

CC3P

Post by CC3P »

timecop wrote:If I haven't bothered replying anyone's question here it generally means its so stupid I don't have time to waste explaining same shit that was covered a million times in the thread.

If people can't be arsed to read the fucking manual and do basic shit like trimming their transmitter etc, there's no fucking hope.

Fuck me what an obnoxious little cunt you are, you need to learn some fucking manners boy, and stop behaving like a spoilt brat.
Either that or look forward to a nice diet of hospital food after someone takes real offence at your pathetic attitude.
Cunt

hwurzburg

NAZE32 rev 5 Buzzer output driver

Post by hwurzburg »

I notice in the code that Rev5 changed the buzzer output from a PNP (which would be limited to ~7.3v max being driven from a 5V tolerant uP output) to an NPN driver....which,depending on transistor specs, allows a higher voltage (>5V) buzzer to be attached...however, the manual still states 5V max....

can anyone tell me what NPN transistor is being used (and base resistor) so that I can look up its breakdown and collector current specs to see what kind of load/voltage it can actually handle?

btnewman

Post by btnewman »

So. Help...
My afro mini seems to constantly freeze when I plug it into anything! I have re flashed it multiple times with the latest firmware from 09.31.2014. The only way it will even recognize the board is if I short the bootloader pads, then plug it in. It will read the board and seems to properly flash the firmware. But that's all it will let me do.
Now here's an interesting thing that also happens with it, I can connect the ftdi to my older fc, connect it and everything works fine. Then if I just disconnect the fc from the ftdi with base flight still connected and running, then plug the new afromini to the ftdi, the gui will pick up the new board and read the sensor settings for a few seconds then lock up. When it locks up I only get a blue light showing on the board. But when I freshly plug the board to either a battery or the ftdi, I get a brief red light flash, then nothing else from it. I am really lost with this problem and any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks

Skinwalk3r

Post by Skinwalk3r »

So I read the manual and hey what do you know !? Nothing about my yaw issue ......and acc trim can fix that which is constant. A random uncommanded yaw ?? How do u fix that ?

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

TimPainter wrote:If the"fucking manuals " contained more information then perhaps we would not need to ask "stupid questions"

Hey, Tim. Welcome to the world of open-source... learning to construct good searches is your best friend. :) The FC works for 80-90% of the population.

Skinwalk3r wrote:So I read the manual and hey what do you know !? Nothing about my yaw issue ......and acc trim can fix that which is constant. A random uncommanded yaw ?? How do u fix that ?

Sorry... haven't been following your issue.

Not a fix, but to troubleshoot:
- Flash the latest firmware and try flying with bare minimum configurations.
- Check that subtrims are 1500 in Baseflight Configurator. Use the Receivers tab with the battery plugged into the quad (remove props), move the sticks make sure they return to 1500 when centered. If you're flying Futaba midrc=1520.
- Make sure all trims levers are centered on TX, don't use the trim levers. Use ACC trims to correct for drift in auto-level. If drift in Acro, check your CG.
- Replace all the props.
- Check for vibrations, hold the quad in your hand with props on. Balance motors and props to reduce vibrations, dampeners on the FC standoffs could help... rubber grommets could work.
- While you're still holding the quad (tightly), move sticks into forward flight and see if the yaw occurs again.

What modes are you flying in?

Lastly, try an old firmware from Feb-April. If you can show that there is a problem with latest firmware, it may stand a chance of being fixed.

Note if switching to old firmware: The "Configuration" Tab in the new Baseflight Configurator may not work, but the other tabs should be fine. Backup files won't work from older baseflight configurator in new software... and vice-versa new backups may not work in old BFC. For the best backups, copy and paste a "dump" output.

Hope that gets you going...

wobbletop

Re: Mag sensor defective?

Post by wobbletop »

timecop wrote:
mag lines jumping around in sensor graphs = its toast.
remove it + use external or just don't enable anything mag related (i.e headfree etc)

The configurator still thinks the MAG is working. Is there a way to tell it not to use the MAG sensor?

I ask as the model view in the configurator will always return to the same position after the quad is rotated (in real life) even if the quad has turned 180 degrees.

Not sure if this will affect flight at all.

Also, can we have an option to get back to the "box" model in the setup tab? As with any quad, it's hard to tell what it's orientation is. It was easier with the box with the labelled sides.

kilby

Post by kilby »

@wobbletop the configurator (chrome one I assume) is from a different group of folks, I'm not sure that they spend any time around here so I would suggest contacting them directly.

I agree with you regarding the display btw

Skinwalk3r

Post by Skinwalk3r »

kc_703

!st thank you for being polite ! :)

-yes flashed to newest and flying stock with just an increase in yaw rate for a little more control if things go hairy
- using spektrum dx7s and yes sub trimmed for 1500. looks good in rx tab. Midpoint j\does jump 1498-1501 but really no more.
- trim levers have not been touched, I only fly in acro and the drift is random on the yaw axis.
-props are brand new
-tried flying with no dampers, with moon gel dampers, and rubber 0-rings
- scared to try the last one (hehe)

now about the firmware business...I have been trying since yesterday to figure out how to download the hexfile from that site and I can't figure it out. I downloaded the github program but then what ?

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

wobbletop wrote:The configurator still thinks the MAG is working. Is there a way to tell it not to use the MAG sensor?
Also, can we have an option to get back to the "box" model in the setup tab? As with any quad, it's hard to tell what it's orientation is. It was easier with the box with the labelled sides.

Not sure if it works, but there was a recent addition "set mag_hardware = 0" scouring through the code, it looks like "3" disables. Again, I'm not sure if it works... Guess it should make the MAG turn red in Baseflight Configurator if it works.

EDIT: Nevermind... option 3 looks as though its out of range...doesn't work.

As for the "box" model, you'll probably need to ask in the Baseflight Configurator thread.

Skinwalk3r wrote:kc_703

!st thank you for being polite ! :)

you caught me on a good day. :)

- scared to try the last one (hehe)

yeah... I would be also... be careful.

now about the firmware business...I have been trying since yesterday to figure out how to download the hexfile from that site and I can't figure it out. I downloaded the github program but then what ?

From the /obj directory you should be able to click the file "baseflight.hex" and it will prompt for name and download location. If it doesn't work, try right-click "Save As" or "Save Link As". Just remember where you put it, and use "Load Firmware (Local)" in the Firmware Tool.

EDIT: I get to the hex sometimes through the commit ID. Click "View", then right click "Raw" and save file.

wobbletop

Post by wobbletop »

KC_703 wrote:
Not sure if it works, but there was a recent addition "set mag_hardware = 0" scouring through the code, it looks like "3" disables. Again, I'm not sure if it works... Guess it should make the MAG turn red in Baseflight Configurator if it works.

Looks like cli.c should be corrected to include "3" if that turns it off (MAG_NONE)
{ "mag_hardware", VAR_UINT8, &mcfg.mag_hardware, 0, 2 },

Hoppsan_84

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

Hoppsan_84 wrote:
ArrogantDuck wrote:

snippage

Robert

Troubleshooting progressed. After that I switched two esc and a motor the problem remains. So I measured the effect on the engines and it proved to be an engine only gave two-thirds power. After an inspection of the engine, I concluded that I mounted it with to long screws and damaged winding.

I have not tried with a new engine yet but I think my yaw problem is solved.

timecop

Post by timecop »

wobbletop wrote:
KC_703 wrote:

Looks like cli.c should be corrected to include "3" if that turns it off (MAG_NONE)

Thanks, this has been fixed, new hex uploaded

btnewman

Post by btnewman »

So. I am guessing my afromini is toast. As it now isn't communicating at all and the processor only gets hot when I apply power to in. Bummer.

TimPainter

Post by TimPainter »

[quote][try an old firmware from Feb-April. If you can show that there is a problem with latest firmware,/quote]
Hi
Forgive my ignorance but which of the 2 files baseflight or baseflight_fy90q is the one to flash
I presume i must flash with something else other than base flight configerator?? as i can not get ether file to load??

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

baseflight.hex is the one you want.

Use the Firmware Tool in Baseflight Configurator. Its in the lower right when you start the app... may need to hit the "Disconnect" button if you've got "AutoConnect" checked. From the tool, check "Chip Erase" in the middle of the scren and choose "Load Firmware (Local)".

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

timecop wrote:
wobbletop wrote:
KC_703 wrote:

Thanks, this has been fixed, new hex uploaded

This worked... mag turns red and can't check magnetometer from Raw Sensor Tab... Still getting a heading in the model orientation box, though.

TimPainter

Post by TimPainter »

Thanks KC_703
I am still struggling to load local hex file this is what happens i browse to baseflight hex open
upper status bar reads local firmware loaded etc 0 bytes ???
press flash, erros stm32 timed out or no bootloader found ,Tried shorting pads while powering up and flashing but no joy
flashing from internet works fine??
any ideas?? any one??
Tim

Hoppsan_84

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

Case closed for me on the yaw issue. It was a bad motor.

wobbletop

Post by wobbletop »

timecop wrote:Thanks, this has been fixed, new hex uploaded

Thanks,
set mag_hardware = 3
turns off the MAG sensor (red instead of green).

Also, now in the setup screen, the model follows the movement of the quad and doesn't try to slowly return to the initial orientation. Neat.

wobbletop

Post by wobbletop »

TimPainter wrote:Thanks KC_703
I am still struggling to load local hex file this is what happens i browse to baseflight hex open
upper status bar reads local firmware loaded etc 0 bytes ???
press flash, erros stm32 timed out or no bootloader found ,Tried shorting pads while powering up and flashing but no joy
flashing from internet works fine??
any ideas?? any one??
Tim

You've probably tried this, but I always have to hit the load firmware twice: the first time always results in an error about bootloader, then the second succeeds.