Naze32 / D4R-II / FLD-02 telemetry

thermite

Naze32 / D4R-II / FLD-02 telemetry

Post by thermite »

Hi all,

Just signed up on here as I've been reading around a fair bit and I'm struggling to find a way to get voltage readings on an FLD-02 display attached to my DHT DIY module.
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find any clear instructions to get all of this hooked up and working. All I want to do is get my total flight pack voltage and have a customisable alarm when the pack gets below a certain voltage.
I've been posting here so if anybody could have a flick through and hopefully see where I may be going wrong and be able to offer any help it would be much appreciated.

http://www.fpvhub.com/index.php/topic,22021.0.html

Thanks.

timecop

Re: Naze32 / D4R-II / FLD-02 telemetry

Post by timecop »

For some dumb rason FLD02 doesn't allow seting alarms on FLVS pack voltage data (the stuff that we're sending from naze).
It can only alarm on 'analog" voltage which is sent by receiver itself.
So, without custom firmware (like opentx/taranis stuff) that receives FLVS voltage and alarms, you aren't going to make it work.

thermite

Post by thermite »

So, that was a futile little project. I've read so many misleading things. So there's no way with the gear I've got to get one voltage alarm set up?
I guess it's a new Taranis then. I take it with the way I've got it all hooked up now, a Taranis should get the pack voltage data and I can set alarms up this way?
Alternatively, is there anything else I can use to send the pack voltage on one of the analog channels? I'd rather not buy another transmitter just for one alarm if I didn't have to.
Thanks for the heads up TC.

timecop

Post by timecop »

Yes, you can use a voltage divider (2 resistors) and feed it into the A1 or A2 channels on your receiver (I think they're on that 4 pin connector that also has telemetry pin), and then configure the divider in FLD-02 screens, and set alarms on that.

thermite

Post by thermite »

Thanks TC. So if I was to just hook this up to the AD2 port on the receiver. This would work ok?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... stem_.html

timecop

Post by timecop »

Ya that sounds like what you'd hookup to A1/A2 with a resistor divider already there.

thermite

Post by thermite »

Thanks. :-)