MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Fastrack

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by Fastrack »

Hey Bart,

I have an iPad and crappy Pay as you go phone... What version of Android does this require? Some points on Google Play you say 2.2 others (including this thread) you say > 3.1

I'm thinking of picking up a cheap used phone like an S2 to run this...

Thanks,

Ben

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

~~~~deleted~~~~
Last edited by RC_Adik on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brewski

Post by brewski »

Fastrack wrote:Hey Bart,

I have an iPad and crappy Pay as you go phone... What version of Android does this require? Some points on Google Play you say 2.2 others (including this thread) you say > 3.1

Thanks,

Ben

Forget IPad or any Apple device. I ran EZ-GUI successfully on a Galaxy S2 but S3 I now have gives better Bluetooth range especially since I modified Bluetooth antenna for 1/4 wave. I now get 200m with $6 Bluetooth & S3 which is about limit.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Fastrack wrote:Hey Bart,

Thanks,

Ben

It should work on 2.2. I'm testing it on 2.3.3 and 4.4.4. Keep it in mind that USB host (OTG) doesn't work on older Android versions.

Fastrack

Post by Fastrack »

I installed it on 2.3.6 and it appears to work perfectly! It's a crappy LG pay as you go phone.

Ben

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

@ Ezio,

Have you ever thought about, ACC Trim in EZGui.
I noticed on my Setup that my Roll & Pitch not always go over 1900. To allow to trim the ACC.

I suggest a Menu Button > ACC trim > And then 4 Arrows Up Down Left Right to get the Trim Clicks (like the stick combination; Full throttle roll Left Right etc.).
(Arm must be Off)

What do you think of this idea?

ezio

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:@ Ezio,

Have you ever thought about, ACC Trim in EZGui.
I noticed on my Setup that my Roll & Pitch not always go over 1900. To allow to trim the ACC.

I suggest a Menu Button > ACC trim > And then 4 Arrows Up Down Left Right to get the Trim Clicks (like the stick combination; Full throttle roll Left Right etc.).
(Arm must be Off)

What do you think of this idea?

Communication protocol doesn't allow this. Probably will be included in MW 2.4.
With naze32 it works and it is already implemented.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Hi Bart,

there are two checkboxes for Reverse in Servos. Why?

ezio

Post by ezio »

-ralf- wrote:Hi Bart,

there are two checkboxes for Reverse in Servos. Why?

The trough is that I don't know. I simply don't remember.
Read or ask here.
viewtopic.php?p=35628#p35628

If you find the answer let me know.

ezio

Post by ezio »

ezio wrote:I started a documentation on a Google docs. For the moment there is not much at all. More will come with time.
The document can be edited by anyone so I'm looking forward for some help with this.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_CT ... cslist_api

Any suggestions to what I can add to this?

m.homayoun

Post by m.homayoun »

Hi I have mwc se 2.5.I connect this module to my board and turn on my pc bluetooth and it work nice . i installed MultiWii EZ-GUI on my phone.but when i want to change PID Values when i press + or - or ok keys the phone close the app and say:(Unfortunately,MultiWii EZ-GUI has stopped.)!!!!
i try by some other phones but all of that were the same. Does anyone have this problem?
Whether it was related to the version of multiwii?
thanks

thebluehill

Post by thebluehill »

ezio wrote:
That's why I added offline maps. Once downloaded the data is saved on sd card/internal memory and then you don't need to have internet connection.
The easiest way to download maps is to install this application on your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 1kcm9pZCJd

then run it and move around your place a map with maximum zoom. Maps which are showed on the screen will be downloaded and then used by EZ-GUI if you switch "Use Offline Maps" in Config.

Hi, i can not find the Option "use offline maps"! Can you help me , please.

Hannes

ezio

Post by ezio »

m.homayoun wrote:Hi I have mwc se 2.5.I connect this module to my board and turn on my pc bluetooth and it work nice . i installed MultiWii EZ-GUI on my phone.but when i want to change PID Values when i press + or - or ok keys the phone close the app and say:(Unfortunately,MultiWii EZ-GUI has stopped.)!!!!
i try by some other phones but all of that were the same. Does anyone have this problem?
Whether it was related to the version of multiwii?
thanks

After the crash there should be a possibility to send a report. Please do it couple of times.
What value you have between + and - buttons?
It can happen when there is now value visible.

ezio

Post by ezio »

thebluehill wrote:
ezio wrote:
That's why I added offline maps. Once downloaded the data is saved on sd card/internal memory and then you don't need to have internet connection.
The easiest way to download maps is to install this application on your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 1kcm9pZCJd

then run it and move around your place a map with maximum zoom. Maps which are showed on the screen will be downloaded and then used by EZ-GUI if you switch "Use Offline Maps" in Config.

Hi, i can not find the Option "use offline maps"! Can you help me , please.

Hannes

Offline maps are no more available.

EakMODIFY

Post by EakMODIFY »

Good job.
Request auto connect on startup program.

Thanks

ezio

Post by ezio »

For the next couple of weeks I will be working on Logs Converter. My plan is to create a tool to analyse the logs easily.
Maybe you have some ideas about it?
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1407523194953.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1407523178383.jpg

brewski

Post by brewski »

ezio wrote:
ezio wrote:I started a documentation on a Google docs. For the moment there is not much at all. More will come with time.
The document can be edited by anyone so I'm looking forward for some help with this.

Hi Ezio,

I read document thru & very it explains operation very clearly. Maybe only thing you could add is how to modify waypoints already selected on map in Mission & how to get multi to fly to a waypoint on map without using Mission.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

@EZIO, i also use the GPS logging one and a While.

Finally found Free software to Overlay GPS data onto Video (Garmin Verb).
But if i use a Wingui File > and export it to *.GPX

I get an error ..."no timestamps available".
Is that something you can provide in the Logfile?

Would be nice: Garmin Verb is in some ways better then Dashware (not free)

ezio

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:@EZIO, i also use the GPS logging one and a While.

Finally found Free software to Overlay GPS data onto Video (Garmin Verb).
But if i use a Wingui File > and export it to *.GPX

I get an error ..."no timestamps available".
Is that something you can provide in the Logfile?

Would be nice: Garmin Verb is in some ways better then Dashware (not free)

as the idea is cool I added a GPX export to Logs Converter.
I have tested it (not much) with garmin virb software and it works.
Looking forward to your videos :)

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Sample video of mine : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUUL88ZCylE&index=1&list=UUdckpm5sZoOPyRryfr8PnMg

Has nothing to do with Multiwii or EZ Gui.

But it shows the potention for Multiwii EZGui logfile Combined with video & e.g. Garmin Verb / Dashware

thx for adding the *.GPX!

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Found a Old Log & and Old Video (with crappy Gimbal PID).

(Working on a new Folding Carbon Quad; so nothing to test right away.

But: Heading is missing so it Processes a "New Movement Heading" Should be fine for Planes
http://youtu.be/95YqNlYtouw
But for Altitude; and Distance to Home, and Speed it's quit Nice.

Are there other ways to onboard ways to Get Flight info stored on a Mini SD?

Maybe This: is something i need to Check and Try https://github.com/renes/multiwiiDataLogger

ezio

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:Found a Old Log & and Old Video (with crappy Gimbal PID).

(Working on a new Folding Carbon Quad; so nothing to test right away.

But: Heading is missing so it Processes a "New Movement Heading" Should be fine for Planes
http://youtu.be/95YqNlYtouw
But for Altitude; and Distance to Home, and Speed it's quit Nice.

Are there other ways to onboard ways to Get Flight info stored on a Mini SD?

Maybe This: is something i need to Check and Try https://github.com/renes/multiwiiDataLogger

GPX specification contains heading. but if I add it to the file the Virb Edit software can't open the file. So unfortunately the displayed heading is based only on GPS position.
I optimized the file a little so now the speed should be working better.

zidlov

Post by zidlov »

Any chance Ez-Gui will ever work without google playstore/maps?
Would love to continue using it, but won't spoil my android with google bloat/spyware for this.
Also it would be great to find some help on compiling from source. The few sentences from ezio about action-sherlock etc. are simply not enough to successfully compile it. Seems like there's no real intention to have users actually use the source version, I guess. Pity.
Tried it but failed after a whole day of futile attempts. The pay version isn't for me, too, although I paid. Programs that need some serial to work are not my world anymore since I left windows more than a decade ago. Somehow I don't seem to ever get it to work for longer than about a week since I like to update my Android Roms from time to time, don't want to use google, can't seem to understand why a app should be able to identify me, and generally do all kinds of crazy stuff with my phone for which it was made for, so....haven't given up hope that this whole MultiWii OPEN SOURCE project including all it's accompanying projects will someday actually be community-driven, but until then I'll better stay with APM, at least some progress is happening there. </rant>

ezio

Post by ezio »

Any chance Ez-Gui will ever work without google playstore/maps?
Would love to continue using it, but won't spoil my android with google bloat/spyware for this.

Nothing like that is in my plans. I really like google map api.
You can give it a try https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d3mch7hmm7un ... BA5P0gvGSa

Probably only map won't work.

advblane

No Data Received

Post by advblane »

This one is becoming a real stickler for me. First let me tell you how I have things set up:

-MW Pro EZ 3.0 FC from Witespy, Multiwii 2.3 installed from Witespy's dropbox.
-Bluetooth module from Witespy plugged into serial 0.
-Android device is a Samsung Galexy 3 running Android 4.4.2.
-Running EZ-GUI version 3.105.162.

I am able to connect via Bluetooth to the app just fine, but once it connects I continually get the error message (no data received). I have quadruple checked the wires, and arranged them in every configuration possible to no avail. I understand this is the most common issue for this type of failure. I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the app a number of times. I have disconnected and reconnected the Bluetooth link a number of times. I have flashed, deleted, and reflashed the EPROM a number of times with MW 2.3, all with no luck of data being sent. The USB cable from the computer is not connected when I try to connect via USB.

I have seen a number of these types of posts start in this thread without going anywhere. I've read through all of the threads and tried everything that I have read, or that I could think of with no sign of success. Please help!!

dawagner

Post by dawagner »

Are you running an external bec or are you powering off a esc. I had that issue turned out my esc couldn't provide enough amps to support the FC and all its add ons. Went to a castle 10A bec and no more problem.

advblane

Post by advblane »

dawagner wrote:Are you running an external bec or are you powering off a esc. I had that issue turned out my esc couldn't provide enough amps to support the FC and all its add ons. Went to a castle 10A bec and no more problem.

Hi dawagner! I am running an external BEC that is providing plenty of current to the electronics. That is a good suggestion however. Thanks!

brewski

Post by brewski »

When I added a Bluetooth module to my Crius AIOP V2 (Serial Port0/FTDI) & don't forget to connect RX to TX & TX to RX & no USB connection at same time. I found that it would connect to my Samsung S3 OK but as you have stated no data. The reason for this is the BT module somehow prevented FC from correctly booting. If I disconnected BT & connected Lipo & then connected BT after FC initialised then it functioned perfectly! I searched forums & found others were having same issue so installed a miniature switch in the 5V line to BT.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Also check if your BT baudrate and multiwii baudrate are the same.
Bluetooth modules from HK comes configured correctly to 115200 but ie from ebay they have baudrate set to 9600.
I've written simple sketch to configure the bkuetooth connected to the MW. You have to upload the sketch to MW board, unplug usb cable, connect the Bluetooth module, power the board and wait for the led. Then you have to reupload your multiwii firmware. Erasing eeprom is not needed.
As I can see nobody likes my sketch ;)
https://github.com/eziosoft/btsetup

advblane

Post by advblane »

brewski wrote:When I added a Bluetooth module to my Crius AIOP V2 (Serial Port0/FTDI) & don't forget to connect RX to TX & TX to RX & no USB connection at same time. I found that it would connect to my Samsung S3 OK but as you have stated no data. The reason for this is the BT module somehow prevented FC from correctly booting. If I disconnected BT & connected Lipo & then connected BT after FC initialised then it functioned perfectly! I searched forums & found others were having same issue so installed a miniature switch in the 5V line to BT.

Hi Brewski! Your suggestion is interesting. With the BT module connected properly to serial 0, when I plug the lipo in, the FC and ESCs don't initialize right away like they should. Instead they seem to wait for the BT module to 'boot'?, and then the FC and ESCs come to life. This doesn't happen if the BT isn't plugged in. I'll try unplugging one of the power wires on startup, wait for the FC to fully boot, then plug in the BT and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

ezio wrote:Also check if your BT baudrate and multiwii baudrate are the same.
Bluetooth modules from HK comes configured correctly to 115200 but ie from ebay they have baudrate set to 9600.
I've written simple sketch to configure the bkuetooth connected to the MW. You have to upload the sketch to MW board, unplug usb cable, connect the Bluetooth module, power the board and wait for the led. Then you have to reupload your multiwii firmware. Erasing eeprom is not needed.

Hi ezio! The baudrate for all serial ports in my sketch right now are 115200. I haven't check the br of the BT module yet, but it's a Witespy module and he says that they are all set to 115200 and are tested before he sends them out, so I'm betting that's correct however I could be wrong.

Another person over on RCGroups suggested that I try the other serial ports to see if it would work on a different one than 0. Why would it work on another port and not 0?

Thanks for all your help, everyone. I'm sure we'll figure out what's happening.
Last edited by advblane on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

If the Bautrate differs From you Multiwii sketch...there is no connection?

(got bluetooth working but i don't know if the Bautrate is correctly set.)
Not sure where i bought that damn thing...maybe it was hobbyking (a)

brewski

Post by brewski »

Hi Ezio,

I wasn't aware that you had created a sketch for programming BT module. This will make it easy for the users who bought the modules set to low baud rate.
I just used terminal program with USB to serial cable, but if ordered as Multiwii Bluetooth they come already programmed to 115200 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321432177720 ... 1439.l2649
BTW. As you know these modules only have approx. 10m range. There is a simple mod to aerial to increase range. After mod I can now get approx. 200m in open with my Samsung Galaxy S3. The limiting factor is the sensitivity of the smartphone Bluetooth. I can put up details of mod if interested.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Yea the sketch is very very simple (ridiculous). And it needs some improvements but for me it works.
To get better range you can replace existing antenna with 3cm wire.
But still BT is good if you want to just fly around. Right now I'm using 3dr radio.

advblane

"No Data Received" Continued

Post by advblane »

I am still trying to resolve the No Data Received error message that I am getting from the MW Bluetooth module to EZ-Gui connection. I have tried just about everything, even the suggestions today. Below is a list of things I have tried today:

-power the board without the BT disconnected, then connect it. This still didn't work.
-try all four serial ports on the front of the board, and try switching around the TX and RX wires for each serial port. This didn't work.
-I tried ezio's BT configuration sketch. I entered my own name and PIN, however the bluetooth connection never showed the name I chose and it didn't accept my PIN. I followed the instructions for the configuration with no luck, so either it didn't work, or my BT module is already set at 115200 like Witespy says it is.
-I tried a new MW Pro EZ 3.0 black board that I have, but it gave exactly the same results as the Pro EZ 3.0 blue board that I have. I even tried all the ports with switching the RX and TX wires for every port. No joy! I tried ezio's BT configuration sketch on this board as well with no luck.

Regarding ezio's BT configuration sketch; is the user supposed to be able to literally change the name and PIN of the BT connection as the S3 sees is? I changed the name and PIN, however the S3 was asking for the name and PIN that was default on the BT module. Also, I saw what looked like a selection of speeds that the user should maybe have to choose from in the sketch. I didn't know for sure, so I didn't make any changes there, but if you do have to actually select the 115200 speed from the sketch, how do you do it?

The BT module plugged into serial 0.

How the connections are made to the BT module.

The new test setup with the black board. It gives exactly the same results as the Pro board mounted to the quad.

Warning: No Data Received!

Any other suggestions would be great. I'm pulling hair out on this one. Thanks, everyone!

brewski

Re:

Post by brewski »

ezio wrote:Yea the sketch is very very simple (ridiculous). And it needs some improvements but for me it works.
But still BT is good if you want to just fly around. Right now I'm using 3dr radio.

Same mod. I Just cut PCB antenna 2mm from where it feeds & soldered a 3cm vertical wire then blob of hot melt to secure. Also after downloading full specs on the EDBT-045MS module I saw that the RX input is not 5V tolerant so added suggested components to prevent damage.

I am looking at 3DR radio link also. A set is only $30 on EBay at the moment. Do you just connect to Serial0 same as BT?
The 3DR RX has standard USB to plug into PC. I'm guessing I just require a USB inline socket with micro usb to connect to phone. Can Galaxy S3 supply 5V for 3DR RX or do I need to make up an interface to supply this via a battery?

I just saw on my phone that EZ-GUI has been updated so will have a look at changes.

Thanks again for an amazing App.

Cheers..B

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:
ezio wrote:

Hi Ezio,

I read document thru & very it explains operation very clearly. Maybe only thing you could add is how to modify waypoints already selected on map in Mission & how to get multi to fly to a waypoint on map without using Mission.

Thanks
I'll try to write something about it

ezio

Re: Re:

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:
ezio wrote:Yea the sketch is very very simple (ridiculous). And it needs some improvements but for me it works.

Same mod. I Just cut PCB antenna 2mm from where it feeds & soldered a 3cm vertical wire then blob of hot melt to secure. Also after downloading full specs on the EDBT-045MS module I saw that the RX input is not 5V tolerant so added suggested components to prevent damage.

I am looking at 3DR radio link also. A set is only $30 on EBay at the moment. Do you just connect to Serial0 same as BT?
The 3DR RX has standard USB to plug into PC. I'm guessing I just require a USB inline socket with micro usb to connect to phone. Can Galaxy S3 supply 5V for 3DR RX or do I need to make up an interface to supply this via a battery?

I just saw on my phone that EZ-GUI has been updated so will have a look at changes.

Cheers..B

BT module alone is not 5V tolerant but I think there is some protection on the board. (I never have any problems with it, but I know it doesn't tolerate when you swap VCC and GND ;) )

Connection of 3RD Radio is the same as BT. Size is the same also. I don't use original antenna because it is too big for me (btw o they just give you normal 2.4GHz antennas with 3dr radio from ebay)
To connect the other end to the phone you need OTG cable (ebay). It will supply 5V so you need anything else. And the range is more then 1km(depends on transmitting power).

ezio

Re: "No Data Received" Continued

Post by ezio »

advblane wrote:I am still trying to resolve the No Data Received error message that I am getting from the MW Bluetooth module to EZ-Gui connection. I have tried just about everything, even the suggestions today. Below is a list of things I have tried today:

-power the board without the BT disconnected, then connect it. This still didn't work.
-try all four serial ports on the front of the board, and try switching around the TX and RX wires for each serial port. This didn't work.
-I tried ezio's BT configuration sketch. I entered my own name and PIN, however the bluetooth connection never showed the name I chose and it didn't accept my PIN. I followed the instructions for the configuration with no luck, so either it didn't work, or my BT module is already set at 115200 like Witespy says it is.
-I tried a new MW Pro EZ 3.0 black board that I have, but it gave exactly the same results as the Pro EZ 3.0 blue board that I have. I even tried all the ports with switching the RX and TX wires for every port. No joy! I tried ezio's BT configuration sketch on this board as well with no luck.

Regarding ezio's BT configuration sketch; is the user supposed to be able to literally change the name and PIN of the BT connection as the S3 sees is? I changed the name and PIN, however the S3 was asking for the name and PIN that was default on the BT module. Also, I saw what looked like a selection of speeds that the user should maybe have to choose from in the sketch. I didn't know for sure, so I didn't make any changes there, but if you do have to actually select the 115200 speed from the sketch, how do you do it?

The BT module plugged into serial 0.

How the connections are made to the BT module.

The new test setup with the black board. It gives exactly the same results as the Pro board mounted to the quad.

Warning: No Data Received!

Any other suggestions would be great. I'm pulling hair out on this one. Thanks, everyone!

I'm running out of the ideas.
For me there is no communication between the FC board and BT module. Maybe on the BT board there is a cold joint or something like that. This is my best guess.
(I don't remember if I proposed this but you can try to check BT_NEW in the EZ-GUI settings but I don't think it will change anything)
Buy another BT module and check. they are quite cheap on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Serial ... 2ec80c03a2

advblane

Post by advblane »

Hi ezio!

I think that at this point trying another BT module is the best idea. The link to the ebay module you posted is for a 9600 baud module. This won't work, right? Can you suggest a baud 115200 BT module that wold work well with EZ-GUI?

Thanks again!

ezio

Post by ezio »

advblane wrote:Hi ezio!

I think that at this point trying another BT module is the best idea. The link to the ebay module you posted is for a 9600 baud module. This won't work, right? Can you suggest a baud 115200 BT module that wold work well with EZ-GUI?

Thanks again!

It will work. You will have to change the baudrate. You can use my sketch or there are a lot of videos on YouTube how to do it the normal way.

brewski

Post by brewski »

advblane wrote:Hi ezio!

Thanks again!

This Multiwii BT module is one of the ones I purchased & comes preset to 115200 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321432177720 ... 1439.l2649.
To prove your BT is not communicating connect it to a USB to serial (or FTDI) cable & use terminal program such a Teraterm or Win Terminal to communicate with it.
I tried to attach info but too large. Just click on link https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxdLxDC ... RrQjg/edit & you will see full specs on the modules with info on how to change parameters. Try 115200 initially & drop back to 9600 if it won't connect. If you can't talk to module using terminal then it is faulty.
I had one module that wouldn't work & after checking solder links from module to PCB & resoldering several suspect links it worked OK.

zidlov

Post by zidlov »

ezio wrote:Nothing like that is in my plans. I really like google map api.

Hmm, don't quite get what I should do with those apks. Those are also locked and I don't have a problem downloading the locked versions, but I'd love to compile the full version myself or somehow get it running. Ok, I see there's unfortunately no way without google spyware, but since I have an old phone with google on it I could run it there, if it would only work.
Out of curiosity I checked again the device id your app generates and it's again different from the one you sent me an unlock code for, although xprivacy is disabled for your app.
Have eclipse set up and remember fiddling with this action sherlock thing and whatnot , but it didn't work out. Would really be great if you could give us some help getting this running.
But it also seems that the github repo doesn't get updated at all. The last commit there seems to be seven months old. If this is the case then it's basically a time-waste to try and compile the code yourself. What does the author say?

ezio

Post by ezio »

zidlov wrote:
ezio wrote:Nothing like that is in my plans. I really like google map api.

Hmm, don't quite get what I should do with those apks. Those are also locked and I don't have a problem downloading the locked versions, but I'd love to compile the full version myself or somehow get it running. Ok, I see there's unfortunately no way without google spyware, but since I have an old phone with google on it I could run it there, if it would only work.
Out of curiosity I checked again the device id your app generates and it's again different from the one you sent me an unlock code for, although xprivacy is disabled for your app.
Have eclipse set up and remember fiddling with this action sherlock thing and whatnot , but it didn't work out. Would really be great if you could give us some help getting this running.
But it also seems that the github repo doesn't get updated at all. The last commit there seems to be seven months old. If this is the case then it's basically a time-waste to try and compile the code yourself. What does the author say?

I can't guarantee that my app will work on your customized Android system. It is designed to work on phones with stock ROMs. As the most of the stock ROMs have build in Google API, Play Services etc ("spyware" as you call it) and this API is quite powerful so I use it. It gives mi a possibility to see the statistics, bug reports etc
I'm doing all I can to make my product better and include the features people needs but I know that I can't make everyone happy and criticize my work.
There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing but I have chosen another one.
So if you are not satisfied and you think that I have stolen your 3Euros please give me your PayPal address and I'll give you the money back.

My app generates deviceID from couple sources so if you change the ROM, sim card etc it will be different.

Right now I have my personal reasons to not update the github source. When they be sort out I will probably start updating it again. btw no one never has added a single line of code so what is the point ...

If you don't like the app as it is, stop using it or use another one. The choice is yours.
Bart

brewski

Re: Re:

Post by brewski »

ezio wrote:
brewski wrote:

Cheers..B

BT module alone is not 5V tolerant but I think there is some protection on the board. (I never have any problems with it, but I know it doesn't tolerate when you swap VCC and GND ;) )

Connection of 3RD Radio is the same as BT. Size is the same also. I don't use original antenna because it is too big for me (btw o they just give you normal 2.4GHz antennas with 3dr radio from ebay)
To connect the other end to the phone you need OTG cable (ebay). It will supply 5V so you need anything else. And the range is more then 1km(depends on transmitting power).

Sounds good. I'll order a set. With the OTG I'm guessing that phone battery will be depleted fairly rapidly. I might make up a small interface box with 2cell lipo to feed the RX module & passthru the USB signals.

ezio

Post by ezio »

The phone can handles the power consumption of 3dr radio easily. On my Nexus 5 I can run screen full bright and 3DR radio connect for 2hours and it takes about 30-40% of the battery.
Here you can see my phone powering multiwii board with a servo attached . http://youtu.be/_4B4IS48Cvc

brewski

Post by brewski »

ezio wrote:The phone can handles the power consumption of 3dr radio easily. On my Nexus 5 I can run screen full bright and 3DR radio connect for 2hours and it takes about 30-40% of the battery.
Here you can see my phone powering multiwii board with a servo attached . http://youtu.be/_4B4IS48Cvc

OK I won't bother with powering 3DR separately. Re the BT voltage tolerance. I traced circuit & there is no voltage level conversion or other protection. The TX line is 5V tolerant but RX line is not. See attached link to data on these modules & you will see suggested mod for connection to 5V logic https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxdLxDC ... RrQjg/edit

Arakon

Post by Arakon »

There seems to be a bug with the heading reading of the android phone as of 2 or 3 versions ago. When I go to the GPS info screen, the android heading always shows around 170° for me, and if I turn the phone, at most the heading changes by 10-15° in either direction, then returns to approx. 170°. If I hold the phone vertical and upside-down, the compass reading goes totally bonkers and jumps randomly.
This didn't use to happen before that, I usually used that screen to verify the mag calibration and they usually matched between copter and android.
I also used a compass app on the same cellphone, and that one does show the proper heading at all times, so it's not down to my phone.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

@EZIO,

I noticed a minor bug in EZGUI.

Dashboard 1,2, 3 & Gps Info shows GPS speed in Cm/s
In MAP GPS speed is given in m/s. But the same parameter is displayed.
I guess In Map it should be Cm/s

NNagib

Post by NNagib »

@ezio, I have found two bugs:
1. in the program, when the altitude is negative it is written correctly in the dashboard, but text-to-speech doesn't pronounce minus, it says "altitude is 15 meters" when the real altitude is -15m.
2. log converter crashes in an attempt to open a log file which contains arm-disarm sequence with no flight data in between (at least this is the case on my Note 3).

Can you check for this?

Tnx!

ezio

Post by ezio »

Bug day. lol
Thanks for the feedback