GPS NAV

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
brewski

Re: GPS NAV

Post by brewski »

I took my quad out when I got home this afternoon & tested Pos Hold after letting FC warm up for several minutes. I hovered at approx. 5m & then enabled Pos Hold which also selects Mag & Baro in my Aux settings.
There was only about 5Km/hr breeze & quad kept within about 1.5m horizontally & 1m vertically with hands off TX over 2minutes which I am happy with. All PIDs stock standard & X525 weighs just on 1Kg with GPS, Bluetooth, battery monitor, nav leds plus 3000Mah Lipo.
I then moved 5m to left & centred stick. Quad moved back to original position. Same with all other directions so "Loiter" type mode is definitely disabled in Navib7.

mike105105

Post by mike105105 »

Yeah just tested, sure enough it tries going back. Might have to dig into the code and try to rig up something for now.

Mike

brewski

Post by brewski »

Hi Mike,

Eos Bandi turned this off for a reason in Navib7 so enabling will probably stuff up waypoint navigation. We might have to wait for release of V2.4.

mike105105

Post by mike105105 »

If I do mess with the code I will just put a check to see what mode it's in before enabling, make sure it's not on a mission. Of course I could just program the taranis so if the gps hold switch is active and I move the sticks it disengages hold till I center again.

Mike

VirtualEnder

Post by VirtualEnder »

o_lampe wrote:
Any reason you don't trust ppm sum?

It's not the ppm-sum, I don't trust. It's just the luxury of 3 antennas pointing in different directions, I like.
That's why, I'm using the standard RX and a double antenna ppm-sum RX.

Ahhh, that makes sense! You could always use a spektrum reciever with the satellite receiver attached! I might look into the code and see if I can't get it to use redundant inputs. It would only work if your primary input has a failsafe mode though. It should at least work with OpenLRS, Spektrum satellites, and FrSky ACCST.

Rust

Post by Rust »

Hey guys,
today I've been trying to run B7 on a MultiWii PRO Mini (http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/flight-controllers/multiwii-pro-mini-flight-controller-w-gps-option.html) board from witespy. The problem is that after the upload, the board doesn't respond. It connects to Multiwii Conf, but no data from the sensors. With Multiwii Win GUI it doesn't connect at all. After some time it just gives me an error to check if I have selected the right port. The board works fine with 2.3.
Is there anyone who successfully runs this board with this code?

Thanks

ezio

Post by ezio »

Rust wrote:Hey guys,
today I've been trying to run B7 on a MultiWii PRO Mini (http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/flight-controllers/multiwii-pro-mini-flight-controller-w-gps-option.html) board from witespy. The problem is that after the upload, the board doesn't respond. It connects to Multiwii Conf, but no data from the sensors. With Multiwii Win GUI it doesn't connect at all. After some time it just gives me an error to check if I have selected the right port. The board works fine with 2.3.
Is there anyone who successfully runs this board with this code?

Thanks

B7 baudrate is set by default to 57600bauds so make sure you have the same settings in MW Conf or change it in config.h to 115200

Rust

Post by Rust »

Many thanks ezio! It's working now :) I wouldn't think of checking that.... lol

mike105105

Post by mike105105 »

When testing a new FW out I usually run my old config.h and the new config.h through something like winmerge to compare them. It really helps out with getting all the little settings matched up.

Mike

system450

Post by system450 »

When rth is activated it needs also baro mode to return to a specified altitude ?
I tried the rth function with 2.3 navi version and baro activated but it didn't return to the RTH_ALTITUDE.
I set the WAIT_FOR_RTH_ALT to 0.

brewski

Re: GPS NAV Geo Fencing

Post by brewski »

I see that Fence is part of MW2.3 Navi B7 & sets a radius that if exceeded triggers RTH. Does this need to be turned on or is it always active?
If always active can it be modified for different radius?

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:I see that Fence is part of MW2.3 Navi B7 & sets a radius that if exceeded triggers RTH. Does this need to be turned on or is it always active?

I have never tested it but you can modify a radius it is available in EZ-GUI.
I think that fence works only when mission is enabled but I might be wrong.
Bart

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

ezio wrote:
brewski wrote:I see that Fence is part of MW2.3 Navi B7 & sets a radius that if exceeded triggers RTH. Does this need to be turned on or is it always active?

I have never tested it but you can modify a radius it is available in EZ-GUI.
I think that fence works only when mission is enabled but I might be wrong.
Bart

I was inspired to test this today. It appears to work as advertised. I set a temporary fence radius of 50m. In the image:
  • The red circle segment is a 50m radius circle from the arming point;
  • Cyan represents the mission as programmed (the final (not shown / never reached WP) is RTH);
  • The orange line is the mission as recorded by mwp telemetry.
The mwp log / audio output during the flight indicates that fence RTH cut in at a range of 53m (i.e. within expected GPS tolerance). With fence set back to default (500m) the mission is executed as planned.

One might thus assume:
  • Fence is always enabled when a mission is active;
  • The current fence radius, either config.h default (500m) or as modified by the mission planner software (50m in my test) is always active during a mission.
Consider me yet again impressed with MW-nav.

Fence Mission
Fence Mission

brewski

Post by brewski »

Thanks for testing Fencing Stronnag & providing such good data to back it up.

system450

Post by system450 »

wilco1967 wrote:Hello,

Been flying with NAV version B7 on both a quad and a tri almost since it came out.
Seems to be working really well.

However, I'm not 100% sure what happened exactely, but today I had again an issue with the quad where automatic throttle (baro) would not disengaged even though all aux switches were deactivated (should have gone to plain simple acro mode, but baro seemed to stay on). I had that once or twice before, but after some frantic mode switching, it was gone, without me knowing what caused it, or what cleared it.

The copter was manouverable, however it would not respond to throttle. It would maintain alt no matter how hard I tried...
(option: ignore throttle in RTH, mission is set to on).

Only after (I think) a RTH command, and then release back to Acro, could I regain full control, and I could land it safely. I'm sure I had every aux switch off (-> acro).
Tried many things, like mission, PH, level in short succesion, but I think it was activating and then releasing RTH which cleared it. My RTH is set as level + RTH + baro + mag. Deactivating all is plain acro.

This problem might have occured together with a loss of GPS... my GPS receiver seems to have devellopped an intermittend fault (loss of GPS lock). Probably a cracked solder joint somewhere, that I still need to find and repair.

If it happens again, I'll try to be a bit more systematic (provided I'm not running out of battery at the same time), and try to see step by step what causes this.

GPS = ublox, board = readytoflyquads multiwii pro 2.0 board.

-------EDIT---------

i've fixed my GPS problems (broken solder joint on GPS coax cable), and have flown 8 packs yesterday, without any problem....
No guarantee it will not happen again, but it seems fine so far. 8-)

Happened the same to me.
The copter responded to aileron and elevator stick but not to throttle stick.
Probably i took off with mission switch on but with no mission loaded. But when i disengaged mission and rth the copter would not come down. After some switch change and diving it to the ground with elevator it came down and i succeded in landing it...

In rth why the quad doesn't come to the rth_altitude ? I have baro on.

system450

Post by system450 »

system450 wrote:When rth is activated it needs also baro mode to return to a specified altitude ?
I tried the rth function with 2.3 navi version and baro activated but it didn't return to the RTH_ALTITUDE.
I set the WAIT_FOR_RTH_ALT to 0.

Anyone can tell me if his multi returns to rth_altitude ?

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

You've set the WAIT_FOR_RTH_ALT switch to " 0" and still expect it to work?

system450

Post by system450 »

EOSBandi wrote:
system450 wrote:Hi everyone !
Is it possible to have autoland on atmega328p ?
And a return home that stops the drone at a specified altitude and gps home without landing ?
Is possible to have it on multiwii 2.2 ?
Thanks in advance !!!

Nope, you need an atmega2560 FC for that.

Now i have an atmega2560 and the quad still doesn't return to rth_altitude (5 meters in my case).
I have set the wait_for_rth to 0.
The quad returns home but it stays higher.

system450

Post by system450 »

o_lampe wrote:You've set the WAIT_FOR_RTH_ALT switch to " 0" and still expect it to work?

Eosbandi wrote:

WAIT_FOR_RTH_ALT
If it 1 copter will hold position until it reaches RTH altitude then start coming home. If it 0 copter will start coming home as soon as RTH is engaged.

In the second option i suppose it begins to reach rth_altitude while it returns home... am i wrong ?

It will be useful to reach home and then reach rth_altitude... imagine If the quad is far away and in the middle there are obstacles...

How can i have it to return home and then reach the rth_altitude ?
I have to enable rth and then land ?
How can i modify the land function to a 'reach a specified altitude' ?
Thanks !

mike105105

Post by mike105105 »

I think it is meant to gain altitude before returning so it avoids any obstacles. It is RETURN to home alt, not Home alt.

Mike

system450

Post by system450 »

In the gps code i found: RTH altitude is defined, but we use it only if we are below it

The quad will raise but will not descend.

The function land, at this point, can be converted to a descend to a specified altitude instead of landing ?

Second question: if i have the quad far away at 50 meters of altitude and activate land, it will return home then land or it will land far away from home ?
Can i abort the Landing or once activated i can only wait for it to land ? I hope i can abort...

Rust

Post by Rust »

system450 wrote:Second question: if i have the quad far away at 50 meters of altitude and activate land, it will return home then land or it will land far away from home ?
Can i abort the Landing or once activated i can only wait for it to land ? I hope i can abort...

- It will only land.
- Yes, you can abort auto land at any time.

brewski

Post by brewski »

I haven't tried Land as not enough switches left on my Spektrum DX7, but is this mode similar to AutoLand with controlled descent? If so how do you set it up for the various multirotors with different masses so that landing will not result in damage.
There are so many fantastic new features in Navi B7 with very little info available on how to use these. I agree that some sort of documentation or WiKi update will definitely encourage more enthusiasts to MW & this will drive development. Just my 2c worth :)

Rust

Post by Rust »

brewski wrote:I haven't tried Land as not enough switches left on my Spektrum DX7, but is this mode similar to AutoLand with controlled descent?

Yes, it makes a slow descend in position hold. Works well in my experience. If there is wind, it's important the GPS fix to be solid. Position hold and RTH modes must be off, as they will override the auto land mode.

brewski

Post by brewski »

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try. My usual Autoland after using RTH is to leave Baro on & just decrease throttle slowly. This results in a controlled descent. Only have to remember to turn Baro off before disarming or quad will try to take off!
Re accurate GPS position. My Crius AIOP v2 has a GPS status (yellow) led which with Navi b7 shows exactly what is happening with GPS.
Rapid blink =no lock
Lock & sat<5 =off
Lock +=>5 =1 blink
Lock + 6 = 2 blink
Etc
I connected to yellow LED with ULN2003 buffer on a piece of Vero board driving a high intensity blue LED at rear of quad showing exact GPS status. Far better than the LED on GPS & visible for up to 500m. I also have 6 spare buffers with this IC to drive LED lights or anything else.

system450

Post by system450 »

Rust wrote:
system450 wrote:Second question: if i have the quad far away at 50 meters of altitude and activate land, it will return home then land or it will land far away from home ?

- It will only land.
- Yes, you can abort auto land at any time.

Baro and mag have to be enabled with land ?

I have set a 3 positions switch with: off, rth (baro and mag), land (baro and mag). So i recall quad home and then bring it down until it's near the grass and then i take control to land.

I have noticed that in missions editor there's rth function and you can set the altitude. Does it work as normal rth and the quad raise his altitude but doesn't come down if the altitude is set under actual altitude ?
Thanks !

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

brewski wrote:<snip>
I connected to yellow LED with ULN2003 buffer on a piece of Vero board driving a high intensity blue LED at rear of quad showing exact GPS status. Far better than the LED on GPS & visible for up to 500m. I also have 6 spare buffers with this IC to drive LED lights or anything else.

I hope, you don't power the ULN-board from 5V MWII? Just want to point out for other readers, such a (LED-)
driver needs a solid powersource like an external BEC or direct from a lipo.

DorsetFlyer

Post by DorsetFlyer »

I’ve been using 2.2 satisfactorily with Hobby King MultiWii Pro and am now trying b7. When I switched from just ANGLE to just ANGLE + BARO the quad shot straight up fast and would have flown away if I had not switched back. This was “cured” by disabling NAV_TAKEOVER_BARO and IGNORE_THROTTLE but I can’t understand why as I thought these took effect only in Mission or RTH. And I thought NAV_TAKEOVER_BARO just enabled BARO, which was enabled anyway. Any advice ?

brewski

Post by brewski »

o_lampe wrote:
brewski wrote:<snip>

I hope, you don't power the ULN-board from 5V MWII? Just want to point out for other readers, such a (LED-)
driver needs a solid powersource like an external BEC or direct from a lipo.

Totally agree. I'm powering buffer IC from Lipo distribution board. The average power consumption is quite low but high current pulses would play havoc with FC 5v.

Rust

Post by Rust »

brewski wrote:Thanks for that. I'll give it a try. My usual Autoland after using RTH is to leave Baro on & just decrease throttle slowly. This results in a controlled descent. Only have to remember to turn Baro off before disarming or quad will try to take off!

This works in a similar fashion. Auto Land mode activates GPS position hold as well, which is important.
Manual land of course is the best, but if your aircraft is far from you and you want to land, this is a very nice feature.

Rust

Post by Rust »

system450 wrote:Baro and mag have to be enabled with land ?

I have set a 3 positions switch with: off, rth (baro and mag), land (baro and mag). So i recall quad home and then bring it down until it's near the grass and then i take control to land.

I have noticed that in missions editor there's rth function and you can set the altitude. Does it work as normal rth and the quad raise his altitude but doesn't come down if the altitude is set under actual altitude ?
Thanks !

No need to select Baro and Mag. Mag is not needed and Baro will be enabled anyway. I assume you have to be in ANGLE or HORIZON (haven't tried without them, but generally the "auto pilot" modes don't work well in ACRO)

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

DorsetFlyer wrote:I’ve been using 2.2 satisfactorily with Hobby King MultiWii Pro and am now trying b7. When I switched from just ANGLE to just ANGLE + BARO the quad shot straight up fast and would have flown away if I had not switched back. This was “cured” by disabling NAV_TAKEOVER_BARO and IGNORE_THROTTLE but I can’t understand why as I thought these took effect only in Mission or RTH. And I thought NAV_TAKEOVER_BARO just enabled BARO, which was enabled anyway. Any advice ?

Usually this shouldn't happen. NAV_TAKEOVER_BARO does not only switch BARO on, but with different heights programmed in your mission, it switches off BARO temporarily.

Did you erase the eprom before you flashed b7 SW? If you have an Mega2560 make sure, you erase all 4096 Bytes...

Then , when you've flashed b7, calibrate ACC and MAG, read out the current mission ( should be none ) and overwrite it with the default mission or with a simple mission of your own. Upload the mission and reread it, to be sure it was successful.

Good luck
Olaf

DorsetFlyer

Post by DorsetFlyer »

Thanks for the advice Olaf. I erased the EEPROM with the Arduino example sketch “clear_eeprom“, which writes zero to 512 bytes. Should I change this to 4096 bytes ?

On the Flight Tuning tab I have default PIDs and have enabled

GPS filtering
GPS forward prediction filtering
Nav controls heading
Turn to takeoff heading at home
Wait to reach RTH alt.
Ignore throttle during NAV and RTH
Takeover BAR mode

and set these parameters

WP Radius 200 cm
RTH Altitude 10 m
Crosstrack gain 0.40
Max Nav speed 200 cm/s
Min Nav speed 100 cm/s
Max Nav banking 30 degrees
Land Speed 100
Safe WP distance 100 m
Max Nav Altitude 20 m
Fence radius 100 m

I’ve set 1 mission point a short distance from my arming point as PosHold Unlimited at 10 m

I’ve set two switches to give:
ANGLE+BARO+MAG+GPS HOLD
or ANGLE+BARO+MAG+MISSION

Does that all sound reasonable to you ? Cheers DF

brewski

Post by brewski »

Hi DF,
For mega2560 you need to use 4096 in clear_eeprom as it has 4K. Atmel 328P has only 512bytes which is why it can't store waypoints or be used for 2.3 Navi b7 features.
Your other settings look OK but fence of 100m is pretty restrictive. Remember as quad hits this limit it will initialise automatic RTH.
I don't use GPS filtering with my UBlox.
For switch settings I use similar combo but use Horizon instead of Angle. Angle is not much used anymore & will probably be removed from next release. Horizon does everything Angle does but also allows Acro when sticks moved sufficiently & return to auto level when sticks centered.

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

Hi, brewski already answered most of it.
Fence radius should be higher than safe WP distance. ( At least it should be "safe WP distance + 2*WP radius" )
If you see the copter is hovering around a waypoint before it moves further to the next WP, you should increase WP radius to 300cm.

If your MAG sensor is onboard the FC (like mine unfortunately ) I wouldn't use MAG & heading options if it is not necessary for the mission.

IIRC GPS filtering is only for NMEA mode

brewski

Post by brewski »

Hi O_Lampe,

If you have Crius AIOP V2 as I have it is very easy to disconnect onboard Mag by cutting just two jumpers & use external Mag plugged into 12C port. This was the best mod I have done so far as Mag was totally useless despite twisting wires to ESCs & moving FC higher above distribution board. If I'd known previously I would have bought a UBlox with Mag on board. I was going to mount the external Mag on mast above quad but decided instead to install on CF square tube out front of quad.
I used extra multicore cable so might mount a high intensity LED on end (I already have two white LED strips on front arms so maybe not). With mag out front I can run throttle up to max & compass doesn't deviate at all. I now enable Mag for all flight modes with full confidence.

wareck

Post by wareck »

I have a little question.

I fly a lot with GPS nav From EosBandi.
Since I had change my FC board, I've got something wrong with exiting "mission" mode

fly is very nice, and after RTH, my quad stay in position
Just after flicking mission switch , he fall down
Like if propeller not works, even if I put throttle to 100%

Does I miss something in my tunning conf ?

olivier

brewski

Post by brewski »

Try clearing EEProm using utility in Arduino IDE changing value to 4096 for ATmega based board not 512 which is for 328P.
Upload MW2.3 Navi B7 & configure for your quad.
The other thing it could be is you may have' Land ' enabled with Mission. Check your AUX assignments. This will certainly cause quad to drop!

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

brewski wrote:Hi O_Lampe,

If you have Crius AIOP V2 as I have it is very easy to disconnect onboard Mag by cutting just two jumpers & use external Mag plugged into 12C port. This was the best mod I have done so far as Mag was totally useless despite twisting wires to ESCs & moving FC higher above distribution board. If I'd known previously I would have bought a UBlox with Mag on board. I was going to mount the external Mag on mast above quad but decided instead to install on CF square tube out front of quad.
I used extra multicore cable so might mount a high intensity LED on end (I already have two white LED strips on front arms so maybe not). With mag out front I can run throttle up to max & compass doesn't deviate at all. I now enable Mag for all flight modes with full confidence.

I've already considered that, after I read it the first time you posted it. I'm not sure, how to teach "config.h" about the new sensor. Or would I use the same port as the onboard MAG?

Can you provide a picture, which jumpers I'd have to cut? You might as well open a new thread about that, since it gets a bit OT here.

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

wareck wrote:I have a little question.

I fly a lot with GPS nav From EosBandi.
Since I had change my FC board, I've got something wrong with exiting "mission" mode

fly is very nice, and after RTH, my quad stay in position
Just after flicking mission switch , he fall down
Like if propeller not works, even if I put throttle to 100%

Does I miss something in my tunning conf ?

olivier

I had the same problem. My copter dropped a few meters or shoots upwards, than start to recover.
Now I program RTH altitude to 25m, just to be sure, I have enough time to "wave goodby" when it happens again.

IMHO the reason for this is, that throttle-commands don't get read every loop. If you checked the "ignore throttle" box, all the other RC channels get updated, but not the throttle. When you switch off " Mission" there is a mismatch in the whole PID calculation, (especially the "I"-parameter i guess )...

<edit> Rethinking your situation, it could also be your baro-sensor causing trouble. Did you cover it with a bit of foam?
Some People say, you should leave the copter unarmed in the open for a few minutes, before you fly with baro enabled. ( Helped me in spring-time, when I left the warm house to fly in the backyard while it was cold outside)

DorsetFlyer

Post by DorsetFlyer »

Thanks brewski and Olaf. I cleared all 4k of the EEPROM and reloaded b7 but got the same result. Switching from (HORIZON) to (HORIZON+BARO) produced a vertical fly away. I’ve tried it with and without foam covering and got the same result. I had an Eagle Tree logger on board with its own altimeter. Quad went up 7 m in 3 seconds and reached 30 m in 20 seconds when I chickened out. I had set the maximum navigation altitude at 20 m. Reading the contents of the EEPROM I see that with my setup all bytes above 168 were zero anyway. I’ve checked the barometer on the MultiWii Pro in the car by driving up a 25 m hill and it did read 25 m at the top so I don’t think this is a hardware problem. I think I must have something set up wrong and it appears to be something to do with NAV_TAKEOVER_BARO and/or IGNORE_THROTTLE because when these were disabled it did not fly away.

brewski

Post by brewski »

o_lampe wrote:
brewski wrote:Hi O_Lampe,

I've already considered that, after I read it the first time you posted it. I'm not sure, how to teach "config.h" about the new sensor. Or would I use the same port as the onboard MAG?

Can you provide a picture, which jumpers I'd have to cut? You might as well open a new thread about that, since it gets a bit OT here.

Will do O_lampe.
Going camping for 6 days but will put up a post up on how to modify Crius AIOP V2 for Ext Mag & also how to resolve occasional reset issue when I get back. I guess a lot MW & MPNG flyers are using these boards (and otherMega boards with onboard Mag) & experiencing issues. As an Engineer I can't believe how dumb some of these board designers are. They just want to cram on as many sensors as they can on limited space to make specs look good without regard to how they will actually perform.
In meantime order an external Mag board http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331212708563 ... 1439.l2649
I connected mine to I2C port using ribbon cable & mounted board on a piece of square CF out front of quad. CF rod inserts into receptacle made from cheap ball point pen glued to fibreglass baseplate with metal epoxy. This way it is not exposed as it would be on mast, is removable if reqd & you can even put a ping pong ball on end & illuminate with LED for orientation.

brewski

Post by brewski »

DorsetFlyer wrote:Thanks brewski and Olaf. I cleared all 4k of the EEPROM and reloaded b7 but got the same result. Switching from (HORIZON) to (HORIZON+BARO) produced a vertical fly away. I’ve tried it with and without foam covering and got the same result. I had an Eagle Tree logger on board with its own altimeter. Quad went up 7 m in 3 seconds and reached 30 m in 20 seconds when I chickened out. I had set the maximum navigation altitude at 20 m. Reading the contents of the EEPROM I see that with my setup all bytes above 168 were zero anyway. I’ve checked the barometer on the MultiWii Pro in the car by driving up a 25 m hill and it did read 25 m at the top so I don’t think this is a hardware problem. I think I must have something set up wrong and it appears to be something to do with NAV_TAKEOVER_BARO and/or IGNORE_THROTTLE because when these were disabled it did not fly away.

Hi DF,

I think your HK MW Mega board is faulty. A friend of mine bought same HK board & had no end of problems. We tried everything & couldn't even reprogram it. He sent it back for refund & bought a Crius AIOP V2 & is now a happy flyer running MW 2.3 Navi b7.
Mind you the Crius does have some issues as well with onboard Mag as other boards do & random resets (using ESC 5V) unless you modify it or use separate switching UBec which is definitely the best option in my opinion for any FC.

DorsetFlyer

Post by DorsetFlyer »

Hi brewski, I guess you’re right. Do you think the Hobby King Crius AIO look-alike would be up to scratch? I comes with all the connectors and I can get it from the UK warehouse.

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

I'm using that board (from HK UK warehouse) very successfully with mw-nav. With c. 40mm separation between the (quite tidy) power wiring and the FC, I get < 4° variation in compass readings between idle and full throttle, which does not have any noticeable effect on nav.

-jh

DorsetFlyer

Post by DorsetFlyer »

Thanks JH, just ordered one. DF

system450

Post by system450 »

When i erase eeprom i lose all pids ?

HeliHaven

Post by HeliHaven »

Hi All,
First time here for me - and am just getting into my first multi after having plenty of fun with CPPM helis, EDF jets and warbirds for the last five years or so.

I am using WinGui 2.3, and for the life of me could not find out how to zoom in/out on the mission planner map. So I trawled about and found an update file (I assume it is) r100. However, being totally unfamiliar with the software, I have zero clue on how to implement the change.

Other than that issue, I am very impressed with WinGui - great stuff!!!

I will be indebted for any help forthcoming.

ezio

Post by ezio »

system450 wrote:When i erase eeprom i lose all pids ?

Yes. You can always back them up in the GUI.

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

HeliHaven wrote:Hi All,
First time here for me - and am just getting into my first multi after having plenty of fun with CPPM helis, EDF jets and warbirds for the last five years or so.

I am using WinGui 2.3, and for the life of me could not find out how to zoom in/out on the mission planner map. So I trawled about and found an update file (I assume it is) r100. However, being totally unfamiliar with the software, I have zero clue on how to implement the change.

Other than that issue, I am very impressed with WinGui - great stuff!!!

I will be indebted for any help forthcoming.

Hi,
for the Navigation-Version of MultiWii you have to use the appropriate GUI, you can find it here:

http://eosbandi.com/downloads/

To zoom in and out you have the +/- boxes on the top left of the picture or use the wheel of your mouse.