Batterys

kiliam

Batterys

Post by kiliam »

Hello all.
I have been having this problem battery related since the begining.
My quadx uses:
arduino duemilanove
original wm+ connected to d12 without diodes or pullup resistores (i want it stable before retrying with nk)
kda 20-22l motors
escs ss 25/30
gaui 8 props
1hoch4 frame
700g without battery
My problem is that i can use all the batterys in the picture below except for the turnigy 2200. And with another turnigy 2200 that a friend has for his triwiicopter the problem is the same, the quad just oscilates a lot and goes up and down with the throttle still.
With the zippy bats all ok, the 800mah ones are a little warm after a very brief flight.
I am waiting for a zippy of 2450mah and 30c to test but i see a lot of people using this turnigy 2200 3s 20c and all ok.
I posted also a picture of the small board i have for connecting the escs and the plug for battery, can this board be the culprit?

Thank you all for reading and specialy Alex for his hard work coding.

Alexinparis

Re: Batterys

Post by Alexinparis »

I noticed the P settings is more subject to oscillations when the battery is fresh.
I think your turnigy 2200 causes a problem because it can handle more efficiently the Amperage spike required by the ESCs. The only solution is to lower the PID settings with this battery. you can try also to increase D alone.

kiliam

Post by kiliam »

I just reply now because i killed my rx with 9v... I ordered one a wekk ago but it is still in singapura. Had to order another from spain and got it friday.
Been trying with the 2200mah battery and a long usb cable (bluetooth came to mind many times). With these values its more or less good (if i stay too long messing with pid i start to stress for not fly the dam thing) pitch and roll 2 -30 15 yaw default.
I need to try next weekend change only roll or pitch at a time, i been changing both at same time and then i will try the nk for the stable part.
But, even with the quad more or less wobly i have been having a blast.
Thank Alex.

kiliam

Post by kiliam »

I been messing with PID this weekend and just lowering P in roll and pitch to 3 or 2 it became flyable i think its becouse i need new props...
But, one thing i caught on video, a very big problem that happened till now some 5 times, in different conditions. I had the quad connected by wire to the pc and after the crash the graphic from the gyros was much more sensible. By just disconnecting the battery and restarted it became ok again.
By the video it seems that the front right motor stoped... Maybe esc related? My arduino duemilanove gets power from rear right esc, should i connect it to the battery directly?

The video, i am not very good with editing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuAK41OOhog

Thanks for any help...

Kantrys

Post by Kantrys »

Hi Kiliam,

Did you find a solution for this last issue in the video?

Thank you,

Kantrys

cardboard

Post by cardboard »

in relation to that youtube video. I have that issue with my big tri. The issue is currently tabled atm but when i have some free time i was going to try and sort it out. In my case it is as if one motor stalls basically, then flips and crash. Be interesting if you find a solution.