MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
ezio

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

covert wrote:I have an issue with the AUX screen. EZ-Gui is lighting up GPS-Hold when it should be lighting up GPS-Home when i'm selecting it with the configured AUX switch on the radio.

Also would be nice if the audio kept outputting when the screen on the phone turns off.

I saw that issue once but I have no idea where it comes from.
Could you give me more details?
Which MW version, what sensors do you have. Is the MultiWiiConf behaves correctly?
Don't compare it to the winGUI because winGUI doesn't read the AUX status from the MW it just uses RC channels as a reference.

Bart

ny_racer_xxx

Post by ny_racer_xxx »

I've been searching all over and I can't seem to find the answer....

Does EZ GUI support 3DR type radio's? I see there's an option for it the setup, but I haven't found much information on it.

Does anybody have that working?

CR

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Yes, 3DR works fine, go to Settings, Settings, chose Serial and FTDI with correct Baud-Rate

ny_racer_xxx

Post by ny_racer_xxx »

Awesome!!! I'll have to buy some radios now!!!

ezio

Post by ezio »

ny_racer_xxx wrote:Awesome!!! I'll have to buy some radios now!!!

First check if your android device has usb host functionality

ny_racer_xxx

Post by ny_racer_xxx »

That was going to be my next question....

howardhb

Post by howardhb »

3DR radios work very well.
Use the 3dr update tool to flash correct settings for Multiwii / Ezgui / Wingui.
(Thanks to EOSbandi)
https://code.google.com/p/mw-wingui/dow ... p&can=2&q=

ny_racer_xxx

Post by ny_racer_xxx »

Thanks a bunch!!! I did a lot, I mean a lot of searching, and I couldn't seem to find much info....

Do the ebay version of the 3DR's, work the same way?

CR

ezio

Post by ezio »

ny_racer_xxx wrote:Thanks a bunch!!! I did a lot, I mean a lot of searching, and I couldn't seem to find much info....

Do the ebay version of the 3DR's, work the same way?

CR

Yeap they are the same.
Just order right frequently for your country.
More info here http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common ... m-and-px4/

Btw EzGui beta now supports configuration of 3dr radio
uploadfromtaptalk1403480602561.jpg

howardhb

Post by howardhb »

Awesome Bart!
Is your app be able to read and save a .ihx file?

ezio

Post by ezio »

howardhb wrote:

Awesome Bart!
Is your app be able to read and save a .ihx file?

Firmware upload is not supported (yet).
Why do you want to read and save it to the file? I haven't seen a tool to do it at all.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Hi Bart,

i've 3DR-Radio connected to my mobile. When clicking SETTINGS, SETTINGS Bluetooth is started?

Why?

And where is the 3DR-Section as shown above. Cannot find it .....

EZ-GUI 3.95.149

ezio

Post by ezio »

-ralf- wrote:Hi Bart,

i've 3DR-Radio connected to my mobile. When clicking SETTINGS, SETTINGS Bluetooth is started?

Why?

And where is the 3DR-Section as shown above. Cannot find it .....

EZ-GUI 3.95.149

BT has to start when you are in the setting because of the way the code is designed and right now I can't change it.

3DR Radio section is available only on the beta version and it is waiting to be tested.
More info you will find in first post of this thread.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Thanks, got it .....

Cannot read data .... process stops at 31% (4/13). Samsung Galaxy S4, rooted, Android 4.3 ...

ezio

Post by ezio »

-ralf- wrote:Thanks, got it .....

Cannot read data .... process stops at 31% (4/13). Samsung Galaxy S4, rooted, Android 4.3 ...

What settings in 3dr radio do you have? Maybe 1sec timeout that I set is to small.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Screenshot ....
3DR_Frank.jpg

ny_racer_xxx

Post by ny_racer_xxx »

FYI... I saw lots of issues with Android 4.3 and USB.... Users were going 4.1 or 4.4...

Just my $0.02

CR

nechaus

Post by nechaus »

Everything was working. connecting, setting way points, doing it all..

Today I am getting no data received error.
can i delete and reinstall the app since i paid for it?? and it will be unlocked again?

I cant seem to figure this out, nothings change, no hardware or software.. it just does not want to work.
I connect, Bluetooth module stops flashing and stays a solid red. tried swapping tx and rx for the hell of it.. still not working.. swapped them back.
now re- uploaded code to muiltiwii... still not working..

getting a stable 5 volts.. to bt

Not sure what is going on atm any ideas? I have the Multiwii PRO

ezio

Post by ezio »

nechaus wrote:Everything was working. connecting, setting way points, doing it all..

can i delete and reinstall the app since i paid for it?? and it will be unlocked again?

I cant seem to figure this out, nothings change, no hardware or software.. it just does not want to work.
I connect, Bluetooth module stops flashing and stays a solid red. tried swapping tx and rx for the hell of it.. still not working.. swapped them back.
now re- uploaded code to muiltiwii... still not working..

getting a stable 5 volts.. to bt

Not sure what is going on atm any ideas? I have the Multiwii PRO

You can uninstall the app as you want. After new installation it will be unlocked.
Also there is a button in Raw Data section to clear all settings of ez gui. But I don't think that reinstalling or clearing the setting will help but you can try.

howardhb

Post by howardhb »

Try deleting then re-pairing bluetooth?

I'm using vesion 1.3.1 of 3DR config tool with 900MHz versions of 3DR radios and have no issues with EZGui: Rooted Galaxy S5 G900H KitKat 4.4.2
Get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jx7dbh4o2h79 ... config.zip
Custom firmware here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7omnja8zt37o ... hm_trp.ihx
Version 1.3.1
Version 1.3.1

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

OK, when I connect, I can use the 3DR-Radio-Button, but I don't get the
configuration screen, I see a screen with RSSI and NOISE-graphs. I don't see tabs with Remote and Local

ezio

Post by ezio »

-ralf- wrote:OK, when I connect, I can use the 3DR-Radio-Button, but I don't get the
configuration screen, I see a screen with RSSI and NOISE-graphs. I don't see tabs with Remote and Local

Enable it in settings.

ezio

Post by ezio »

-ralf- wrote:Thanks, got it .....

]
Probably you haven't hit connect button.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Thanks Bart, now it works!

Can you enable 3DR-Support (configuration button) by default?

nechaus

Post by nechaus »

I can confirm the problem,
After troubleshooting the bluetooth module was damaged in a crash. Took me some time to figure it out as i was using the bluetooth less on those particular days.

So multiwii app is still pro! thanks. sorry for wasting time

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

... deleted
Last edited by e_lm_70 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

... deleted ...
Last edited by e_lm_70 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

... deleted ...
Last edited by e_lm_70 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ezio

Post by ezio »

You have to be in position hold mode and just enable follow me and the model should follow your phone or tablet.
Follow heading- model will point to the same direction as your phone. MAG has to be enabled.

I will start writing the documentation for ez gui very soon.

ezio

Post by ezio »

ezio wrote:You have to be in position hold mode and just enable follow me and the model should follow your phone or tablet. Follow me should work with 2.2, 2.3 and Nav firmware.
Follow heading- model will point to the same direction as your phone. MAG has to be enabled.

I will start writing the documentation for ez gui very soon.

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

... deleted ...
Last edited by e_lm_70 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

... deleted ...
Last edited by e_lm_70 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

I did delete some post above ... they have been too much driven by emotions under stress and with failures

In summary here is my experience with latest version of EZ-MW Apps , with MultiWii 2.3 (the official MW2.3, that is not the "EOS" Navigation MultiWii 2.3)

First ... how to use the apps.

-> Go into Advance .. click on Follow me check.
In theory even exit the page, the position should be sent every second from phone to MultiWii 2.3 ... in practice this is visible only staying this in page when the info is sent.
In theory on the MAP page, is possible to see both local phone GPS status, and remote MultiWii 2.3 GPS status ... but no info if and when a location is sent.

In practice ... on my chinese cheap Android phone, with decent GPS on board ... I see that GPS was stopped by the apps (which I don't know) ... it was looking that pressing around, I can wake up Phone GPS from stand by.
This was possibly my main show stopper
Sometime the EZ-MW keep running also in background also with screen off ... but ... sometime not .. so it was totally fuzzy .. mainly a limit of Android or a limit of my phone ...
My aim was to give a phone to a kid and let a copter follow him ... but this did fail for me.

On the flying ... this is more a mystery ...

The MW 2.3 is not correct off shelf for use follow me ... Follow Me, look like to use only the waypoint #16 ... but the apps don't send this waypoint 16 in the automatic follow me mode.
So ... I did remove the check over the Waypoint numer, and as well I remove the control of altitude (this was too risky for me to leave in a fuzzy code not fully supported)

While flying I did engage the position hold .. and hope that the EZ-App would send the GPS position holding coordinate .... instead .. my copter was not even stay in position ... was looking to go away.
Also ... not sure in GPS hold, the Navigation commands have any meaning ... maybe I should have move in RTH ... don't know ... nowhere is stated how it should work !!!

Anyhow ... for me the phone does already too many fuzzy result, with standby that could kill GPS or the WiFi connection.
The firmware does not look to really support well the function. The documentation is missing.

So ... quite some time lost.

Lesson learn ... if I want follow me ... I will have to do on my own ... without a phone ... possibly with a little arduino + gps + 433MHz serial transmiter HC-11 cost nothing in these days.

Anyhow ... EZ-GUI apps it is still a very important software for MultiWii, that allow to configure by bluetooth on the field the copter or airplane ... just disappointing that this special feature "follow me" does not really work off shelf, and there is no clear indication how to use it

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

My little suggestion about the Follow me mode:
- MultiWii should have a BOX, dedicated for the function .. not replacing the Navigation or RTH or Position Hold.
- I think this function is so important for give extra value to MultiWii, that Alex should consider to have it in the main branch ... as part of MultiWii 2.4
- On the mobile apps side ... it need to be made more clear how to use this function ... maybe a dedicated icon in the map menu or GPS menu .. or on both.

Here is my "follow me" failure. My copter had a good GPS holding, and no problem to make RTH navigation ... but when I set position hold and having the mobile phone sending (or was sending coordinate) ... my copter was flying away ...

Follow me is from 6:35 ... it is also seen what was my idea ... a running kid in the big "field" ... with a copter that follow him automatically ... but ... mission failed

ezio

Post by ezio »

The follow me is just a quick hack. It hasn't been planned in the multiwii code. It is not perfect. For me more security some more work is required do avoid fly away etc.
That is why it is in the advanced section of EZ GUI. I can only do what protocol allows. So if you don't like it as it is, do some development in MW code so I can better implement it in my app.

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

ezio wrote:The follow me is just a quick hack. It hasn't been planned in the multiwii code. It is not perfect. For me more security some more work is required do avoid fly away etc.
That is why it is in the advanced section of EZ GUI. I can only do what protocol allows. So if you don't like it as it is, do some development in MW code so I can better implement it in my app.

Thanks Ezio.

I see that "Follow me" is just a quick hack.

But for me this function does not deserve to be a "hack" , actually it can be a mayor differentiation and cool point for MultiWii

Everybody could add into a branch or own version of MultiWii the follow me mode, even in the best possible and elegant way ... but without the bless of AlexInParis or Hamburger ... or better without having this inside the MultiWii code, this will be always a Hack.

I can provide the needed code on MultiWii side, but I never been able to influence "AlexInParis or Hamburger" ... so ... unless somebody can find a way to officially add Follow Me into the main stream of Multiwii, it will stay always as a Hack :oops:

Actually .. seen the little feedback received on the subject ... maybe it is just me that see the value on the Follow Me feature :roll:

Tchuss

e_lm_70

PeterWeb

Post by PeterWeb »

I love EZ-GUI, it saves a lot of hassle in the field, especially as my FC has a fairly inaccessible USB port.

One vital job I'd love to see it help with is dynamic prop balancing. I can do that in the GUI, but that just brings me back to the USB problem. And the graph in EZ-GUI is so low-res it doesn't help, I'm afraid.

So, would it be possible to extend EZ-GUI to do the following:

1. Accumulate and display Max/Min X, Y and Z values? Preferably in a very readable way, e.g. 345 rather than 0.00345, i.e. with an appropriate choice of units for balancing.

2. Have a RESET or CLEAR button which zeroes the max/min

3. For extra bonus points, provide some way (if it's even possible with the current MultiWii connection) to spin up just one motor at a time, the way #define DYNBALANCE permits in the GUI.

brewski

Post by brewski »

Hi Peter,

I have not seen dyna balance in Win GUI Navi b7. Is it in previous Win GUI version?

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

PeterWeb wrote:I love EZ-GUI, it saves a lot of hassle in the field, especially as my FC has a fairly inaccessible USB port.

One vital job I'd love to see it help with is dynamic prop balancing. I can do that in the GUI, but that just brings me back to the USB problem. And the graph in EZ-GUI is so low-res it doesn't help, I'm afraid.

So, would it be possible to extend EZ-GUI to do the following:

1. Accumulate and display Max/Min X, Y and Z values? Preferably in a very readable way, e.g. 345 rather than 0.00345, i.e. with an appropriate choice of units for balancing.

2. Have a RESET or CLEAR button which zeroes the max/min

3. For extra bonus points, provide some way (if it's even possible with the current MultiWii connection) to spin up just one motor at a time, the way #define DYNBALANCE permits in the GUI.

Yes Dynamic balance make sense over bluetooth and not over standard USB cable.

Still .. it is a job not to be done in the field in my view ... it should be done in a proper quite environment.
Yes, why not use the EZ-GUI also if there is a PC available ... so you have a point above.

DynBalance is cool on MultiWii ... still I think it is more easy and precise on ELMvibra. :ugeek:
Especially in these days that people use more often anti-vibration mount for fix the control board to the copter

ezio

Post by ezio »

I started a documentation on a Google docs. For the moment there is not much at all. More will come with time.
The document can be edited by anyone so I'm looking forward for some help with this.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_CT ... cslist_api

ezio

Post by ezio »

PeterWeb wrote:

It is already implemented and should works just fine. When dynbalance is enabled option for control the motors are shown in Motors and Graphs sections.

PeterWeb

Post by PeterWeb »

It is already implemented and should works just fine. When dynbalance is enabled option for control the motors are shown in Motors and Graphs sections.

In EZGui? Fabulous! (I haven't tried uploading a MW sketch with DYNBALANCE enabled - it's time I did).

That plus max/min display/reset would make balancing miles easier.

PeterWeb

Post by PeterWeb »

BTW, the MultiWii GUI is being altered to increase the declination range, which is currently limited to +/-20. I'm not sure whether EZ-GUI applies the same limit internally but, if so, a range of +/-50 should cover all "normal" locations (unless you're really near a magnetic pole).

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

@Ezio

Noticed a little bug.

when the app is started in Portrait on my Phone...And turn it into Landscape...
There is NO Logging on/off Button and Powerbutton visible./

when i start the app in Landscape...those buttons are visible.

Maybe you can check that :)
Works nice most of the times :-)

ezio

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:@Ezio

Noticed a little bug.

when the app is started in Portrait on my Phone...And turn it into Landscape...

It is not a bug. There is no space to display them. If you are on the older android device press menu button to show them. On new devices press three dots in the top left corner of the screen.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

ezio wrote:

Noticed a little bug.

when the app is started in Portrait on my Phon
e...And turn it into Landscape...

It is not a bug. There is no space to display them. If you are on the older android device press menu button to show them. On new devices press three dots in the top left corner of the screen.

But it depends on How you startup the App.....
I can create a Landscape With and without those buttons.

That could be better; alway visible on landscape

ezio

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:
ezio wrote:

Noticed a little bug.

when the app is started in Portrait on my Phon
e...And turn it into Landscape...

But it depends on How you startup the App.....
I can create a Landscape With and without those buttons.

That could be better; alway visible on landscape

Yes. I saw that. But the Android decides I can't change it.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

okay, maybe nice to make a option that the app to Fix a Orientation on startup??

i Fixed my Phone on the Tx...Always Landscape, (rotating is anoying)

brewski

Post by brewski »

Is this from a SiFi book/movie or are you on something stronger than the rest of us?

Sard0k

Post by Sard0k »

brewski wrote:Is this from a SiFi book/movie or are you on something stronger than the rest of us?

Single post.. I'm guessing spam bot?