What you don't like in EZ-GUI?

ezio

Post by ezio »

I just want to know......

subaru4wd

Re: What you don't like in EZ-GUI?

Post by subaru4wd »

I always thought it would be nice if the PID screen had + & - buttons surrounding the parameters for quick 0.01 adjustments.

Maybe select a specific field (like Pitch, Roll, or NavR... etc...) and get a new screen with just the P I D gains for that field, with larger fonts and buttons instead of having to use the onscreen keyboard.

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

PID screen: lock/unlock pitch/roll PID value sync. Also revert/undo button would be nice, although I guess "Read" does the same thing. meh.

How about move away from the yellow buttons to make more use of the screen real-estate with icons (making it language agnostic) or something. Also, if you're using baseflight, it might be cool to have a console for the cli stuff, although I have another app for that already.

No real complaints though - I'm very happy with the app, its my number one goto for in the field configurations. btw, I donated a while back but the app doesn't know so I get bugged a bit, any chance of turning off the reminders to donate? :)

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

CLI options for baseflight would be a huge bonus!

Also I suppose in my original suggestion, 0.01 would be too fine of an incriment. Maybe 0.1 would be better.

scrat

Post by scrat »

I like EZ_GUI.

doppler

Post by doppler »

The switch between portrait and landscape, I use my devices almost always in portrait, dashboard 2 being a portrait option would be great!

Nickman1200

Post by Nickman1200 »

Missing features from 2.3 in the same fashion as the rest is now :)

ezio

Odp: What you don't like in EZ-GUI?

Post by ezio »

Nickman1200 wrote:Missing features from 2.3 in the same fashion as the rest is now :)

When official 2.3 be released I will implement missing features.

justk1w1

Post by justk1w1 »

Thanks for adding the debug fields to the graph - they have been really helpful in debugging the code changes.
Any chance of adding the servo controls - so that you can adjust the servo offsets. This would make life a lot easier when setting up or making changes to heli's in the field.

JDD

Post by JDD »

Buttons to enable/disable MAG, ANGLE, etc if we don't have enough channels on our Rx/Tx would be awesome. Also an option to keep the head pointed at a waypoint for filming.

ezio

Post by ezio »

subaru4wd wrote:CLI options for baseflight would be a huge bonus!

Also I suppose in my original suggestion, 0.01 would be too fine of an incriment. Maybe 0.1 would be better.

What are CLI options ?

doppler

Post by doppler »

Not a I don't like, but the recent addition of Android Serial Port connections via USB, the addition of Arduino Leonardo type devices (MultiWii Nano) would be awesome, given I can't plug a bluetooth into it....

Andrew

ezio

Post by ezio »

doppler wrote:Not a I don't like, but the recent addition of Android Serial Port connections via USB, the addition of Arduino Leonardo type devices (MultiWii Nano) would be awesome, given I can't plug a bluetooth into it....

Andrew

Leonardo should work right now. Just select CDC/ACM insted of FTDI

ezio

Post by ezio »

justk1w1 wrote:Thanks for adding the debug fields to the graph - they have been really helpful in debugging the code changes.
Any chance of adding the servo controls - so that you can adjust the servo offsets. This would make life a lot easier when setting up or making changes to heli's in the field.

I have done it already but needs some more testing.

ezio

Post by ezio »

felixrising wrote:PID screen: lock/unlock pitch/roll PID value sync. Also revert/undo button would be nice, although I guess "Read" does the same thing. meh.

How about move away from the yellow buttons to make more use of the screen real-estate with icons (making it language agnostic) or something. Also, if you're using baseflight, it might be cool to have a console for the cli stuff, although I have another app for that already.

No real complaints though - I'm very happy with the app, its my number one goto for in the field configurations. btw, I donated a while back but the app doesn't know so I get bugged a bit, any chance of turning off the reminders to donate? :)

Reminders will be removed. They are buggy. Sorry about that.

ezio

Post by ezio »

subaru4wd wrote:CLI options for baseflight would be a huge bonus!

Application for CLI exists already so I don't see the point to implement it. I also don't have baseflight hardware to test it.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Will it be very wrong if some of the features from multiwii 2.3 be locked like dashboard 3 is now? Some extra money will allow me to by mega board etc.

Nickman1200

Post by Nickman1200 »

As long as it is non essential features. Go for it.

doppler

Post by doppler »

ezio wrote:
doppler wrote:Not a I don't like, but the recent addition of Android Serial Port connections via USB, the addition of Arduino Leonardo type devices (MultiWii Nano) would be awesome, given I can't plug a bluetooth into it....

Andrew

Ezio

Thanks, I got it working, but it took some interesting steps to get there. Selecting Other (CDC/ACM) resulted in the application crashing when I tried to connect. I then for giggles tried FTDI, when hitting connect I got an android authorization box, which I authorized, but no connectivity to the board (as really should have been expected). I then switched back to CDC/ACM, restarted the app, and when I hit connect, I was able to connect and talk to the board. Both on my Galaxy nexus phone and Nexus 7 tablet. I only needed to do the ftdi piece once and its worked since.

Thanks!

Andrew

teslahed

Post by teslahed »

ezio wrote:
subaru4wd wrote:What are CLI options ?

Command Line Interface. It lets you change a bunch of options like the midrc point from 1500 to whatever.

One slight error i have noticed - Dashboard 2. It looks like the artificial horizon is the wrong way around - when i tilt my quadcopter up i see more brown and less blue, the opposite of what i would expect.

Other than that - needs more star trek audio samples!

Great work, thanks for all your efforts :)

ezio

Post by ezio »

JDD wrote:Buttons to enable/disable MAG, ANGLE, etc if we don't have enough channels on our Rx/Tx would be awesome. Also an option to keep the head pointed at a waypoint for filming.

It has been added in advanced section. You can control the aux from there. But if the connection with EZ-Gui is lost default values will be set. It will happen also when you close AUX control view. For now it is just proof of concept.

ezio

Post by ezio »

teslahed wrote:
ezio wrote:
subaru4wd wrote:What are CLI options ?

Command Line Interface. It lets you change a bunch of options like the midrc point from 1500 to whatever.

One slight error i have noticed - Dashboard 2. It looks like the artificial horizon is the wrong way around - when i tilt my quadcopter up i see more brown and less blue, the opposite of what i would expect.

Other than that - needs more star trek audio samples!

Great work, thanks for all your efforts :)

I added very simple serial monitor. It is at the bottom of Raw view. But parsing vt100 escape codes it is to much work and I won't implement it. Good tool already exists - blueterm.

I verified artificial horizon and for me it works correctly.

Bart

just4einstein

Post by just4einstein »

when you start the app, bluetooth gets always switched on. Nice to get a flag for using bt or not.
bt use extra power...
I use 3dr-radio at usb on htc-one, using serial-config.

Louis

ezio

Post by ezio »

just4einstein wrote:when you start the app, bluetooth gets always switched on. Nice to get a flag for using bt or not.
bt use extra power...
I use 3dr-radio at usb on htc-one, using serial-config.

Louis

you are right but in current implementation I can't do it. It needs some extra work. Will be done one day.

wilco1967

Post by wilco1967 »

Tried EZ-GUI (latest version) yesterday again after over a month without flying.

Seems like 'Follow-me' does not work correctly anymore....
When I activate follow me, the copter moves off to some far-away destination.
Did not get a change to properly check where exactly it was intended on going, as I had to struggle my copter back :?... only when I zoomed out a lot, I could see the green destination waypoint.

phone GPS lock is spot-on (same GPS coordinates shown in EZ-GUI for phone and copter).
waypoint navigation from the map also works just fine.

It was working before just fine on older versions

PS. using latests MW (dev 1604), and latest EZ-GUI 3.63.112 on HTC one SV

Any Idea,

PS. besides this little issue, I really like EZ-GUI. Thanks a lot !
-------------------
EDIT

Just did some troubleshooting, with the copter idling outside on the ground (armed, and in 'pos-hold', but with insufficient throttle to be actually flying).

Seems like, when in follow-me, the Eastern part is not transmitted correctly. The destination location (the green marker) is correct as far as north position is concerned, but it's way off for east/west.
My actual East location is 6.7376E (6deg,44min, 15.36sec East), but the copter was told to go to 5deg,59min,59sec.... (about 60 km away)...

ezio

Post by ezio »

wilco1967 wrote:Tried EZ-GUI (latest version) yesterday again after over a month without flying.

Seems like 'Follow-me' does not work correctly anymore....
When I activate follow me, the copter moves off to some far-away destination.
Did not get a change to properly check where exactly it was intended on going, as I had to struggle my copter back :?... only when I zoomed out a lot, I could see the green destination waypoint.

phone GPS lock is spot-on (same GPS coordinates shown in EZ-GUI for phone and copter).
waypoint navigation from the map also works just fine.

It was working before just fine on older versions

PS. using latests MW (dev 1604), and latest EZ-GUI 3.63.112 on HTC one SV

Any Idea,

PS. besides this little issue, I really like EZ-GUI. Thanks a lot !
-------------------
EDIT

Just did some troubleshooting, with the copter idling outside on the ground (armed, and in 'pos-hold', but with insufficient throttle to be actually flying).

Seems like, when in follow-me, the Eastern part is not transmitted correctly. The destination location (the green marker) is correct as far as north position is concerned, but it's way off for east/west.
My actual East location is 6.7376E (6deg,44min, 15.36sec East), but the copter was told to go to 5deg,59min,59sec.... (about 60 km away)...

Hi
thanks for testing and feedback
I think I found a bug.
I will upload the update soon.
Bart

ezio

Post by ezio »

doppler wrote:
ezio wrote:

Andrew

Ezio

Thanks, I got it working, but it took some interesting steps to get there. Selecting Other (CDC/ACM) resulted in the application crashing when I tried to connect. I then for giggles tried FTDI, when hitting connect I got an android authorization box, which I authorized, but no connectivity to the board (as really should have been expected). I then switched back to CDC/ACM, restarted the app, and when I hit connect, I was able to connect and talk to the board. Both on my Galaxy nexus phone and Nexus 7 tablet. I only needed to do the ftdi piece once and its worked since.

Thanks!

Andrew

Let me know if the problem is still there after the update.
Bart

doppler

Post by doppler »

ezio wrote:Leonardo should work right now. Just select CDC/ACM insted of FTDI

Ezio

Thanks!

Andrew

Let me know if the problem is still there after the update.
Bart

Afraid it's way worse now, I can't see the CDC/ACM serial device anymore. I recently started compiling my sketches on my PUMQ and Nano with HID disabled thought that was it, it's not, serial is definitely not detected anymore. BTW if you are detecting HID for finding the serial you might want to stop, as my PUMQ and Nano both make the android tablet think they are external keyboards with it on... annoying...

Andrew

Jimbo385

Post by Jimbo385 »

I do hope that this thread is still alive!

Firstly I must say that this is a brilliant App!

I do however have a couple of suggestions;

1.) When one has made a change to say on the PID screen, it would be handy to know (say via highlight) what you have changed.

2.) When connected on the master menu with sound activated, the app will bleep constantly stating that data has not been received! I would have thought this obvious as the screen is static! Could this be removed

3.) It would be useful for beginners to have a scale of GPS Lock on Dashboard 3, Map & GPS so that you can display 3 or 4 status of GPS lockwith Green being the most optimum (probably 9 sats plus)

4.) When you enter Settings and exit without making changes, the App is re-started. Sometimes if connected via BT, the App won't re-connect via BT.

5.) Does EZ-Gui know if the Sat information is in cold or hot state, then can it sound or inform when the cold start is complete. When in warm start, notify this too.

6.) Within Calibration, can it be indicated when the calibration is complete after hitting MAG or ACC. For instance, in ACC, it states that the frame should not be moved but for how long after pressing? For MAG, it states this must be done within 30 seconds. Can there be a counter or when the 30 seconds is reached? Or, if the frame knows if the frame has been moved 360 degrees in all axis, then say "Calibration Complete"?

Please note that these are just my views. I've done a lot of software testing in my time!

Cheers.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Hi
thanks for feedback.
I will try to implement some of your ideas.

Bart

ezio

Post by ezio »

Jimbo385 wrote:I do hope that this thread is still alive!

Firstly I must say that this is a brilliant App!

I do however have a couple of suggestions;

1.) When one has made a change to say on the PID screen, it would be handy to know (say via highlight) what you have changed.

2.) When connected on the master menu with sound activated, the app will bleep constantly stating that data has not been received! I would have thought this obvious as the screen is static! Could this be removed

3.) It would be useful for beginners to have a scale of GPS Lock on Dashboard 3, Map & GPS so that you can display 3 or 4 status of GPS lockwith Green being the most optimum (probably 9 sats plus)

4.) When you enter Settings and exit without making changes, the App is re-started. Sometimes if connected via BT, the App won't re-connect via BT.

5.) Does EZ-Gui know if the Sat information is in cold or hot state, then can it sound or inform when the cold start is complete. When in warm start, notify this too.

6.) Within Calibration, can it be indicated when the calibration is complete after hitting MAG or ACC. For instance, in ACC, it states that the frame should not be moved but for how long after pressing? For MAG, it states this must be done within 30 seconds. Can there be a counter or when the 30 seconds is reached? Or, if the frame knows if the frame has been moved 360 degrees in all axis, then say "Calibration Complete"?

Please note that these are just my views. I've done a lot of software testing in my time!

Cheers.

2) Done - now you can disable this in Settings. Look for "No Data Recieved warning"
4) should be better now
5) EZ-GUI and MultiWii don't have this information.
6) Countdown is added

Jimbo385

Post by Jimbo385 »

Excellent!
Many thanks.

howardhb

Post by howardhb »

I think the I2C error warning could be improved a bit.
My copter (for some, as yet, unsolved issue) generates up to 5 I2C errors at startup. After that it's fine.

At present, if MW reports an I2C error count above 0, the GUI beeps constantly until the error count is Zero (have to reboot copter......)

You could rather evaluate if the I2C count has changed ...... in 10 or so cycles....

argotera

Post by argotera »

Hi, here are some thoughts that I think would make it better in pid configuration. I d like an option to auto write the changes in pid settings instantly as the user changes the values. This way it would be easier to tune the pids, as the effects would be observed faster. It would make tuning pids as direct as tuning using a pot-controlled aux channel in the transmitter but through an android phone.
More on this but maybe it's too much is to also be able to control how big are the steps in the values each time the user presses the + or - buttons.
These features could be discrete like an extra settings button at the bottom of the pid page in the app, so as not to be in the way if someone does not need it.
Anyway, just some thoughts.

My apologies if there is already there is such a feature already and I just missed it.

ezio

Post by ezio »

I have to think about it changing a PID settings can be dangerous in flight.
Right now it goes on waiting list.

argotera

Post by argotera »

I can understand that. My thought was something like a separate pid tuning page with all caution signs and stuff., like the copter control menu that already exists. Still, it would be useful just for the first pid tuning of a copter, not for later on.
Thanks again for working on this app.

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Hi,

Regarding the topic I want to say the opposite, what I like in EZ-GUI. I like the attention that the author gives to the application and the improvements it gets. I like it so much that I paid for the application and hope the author continues to develop it.

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

Is there only one way to add ezgui to my android-device? I want to use an older Samsung Galaxy Ace ( without SIM-Card )
on the flying field but I had bad experiences with temporary using a valid SIM-Card from my actual Smartphone. ( SIM-card didn't work correctly, after I used it once in a different Smartphone )

Or would it work with a prepaid SIM-Card? I think I'd need a SIM-card anyways for activating GPS, right?

brewski

Post by brewski »

sismeiro wrote:Hi,

Regarding the topic I want to say the opposite, what I like in EZ-GUI. I like the attention that the author gives to the application and the improvements it gets. I like it so much that I paid for the application and hope the author continues to develop it.

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

+1

Benik3

Post by Benik3 »

It's possible to make control over e.g. some AUX channel?
Or another way for using the automatic PID control. Because I don't have radio with pots.
The best would be to have screen with big + and - button (like Pot) with real time transfer to quad + one option to choose which PIDs I want to tune.

Is something like this possible?

ezio

Post by ezio »

o_lampe wrote:Is there only one way to add ezgui to my android-device? I want to use an older Samsung Galaxy Ace ( without SIM-Card )
on the flying field but I had bad experiences with temporary using a valid SIM-Card from my actual Smartphone. ( SIM-card didn't work correctly, after I used it once in a different Smartphone )

Or would it work with a prepaid SIM-Card? I think I'd need a SIM-card anyways for activating GPS, right?

You don't need a simcard at all. You can look at the map before you go to fly and it should stay in cache.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Benik3 wrote:It's possible to make control over e.g. some AUX channel?
Or another way for using the automatic PID control. Because I don't have radio with pots.
The best would be to have screen with big + and - button (like Pot) with real time transfer to quad + one option to choose which PIDs I want to tune.

Is something like this possible?

Aux control is in Advanced section, but it works only when that screen is displayed.

Realtime tuning is on my ToDo list for a while now.

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

I hate the non-intuitive voice prompts options. I'd like to completely disable the 'You've pressed <option>' stuff (because I know I've done that, like I tapped a button), whilst retaining the real time mission reports. Is this possible, if so how? If not, please can it be made so?

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

ezio wrote:
o_lampe wrote:Is there only one way to add ezgui to my android-device? I want to use an older Samsung Galaxy Ace ( without SIM-Card )

You don't need a simcard at all. You can look at the map before you go to fly and it should stay in cache.

I need a simcard to register and download your app. This actually stopped me from using it...

ezio

Post by ezio »

o_lampe wrote:
ezio wrote:

I need a simcard to register and download your app. This actually stopped me from using it...

You need only Internet connection. Wifi will work too ;)

Nickman1200

Post by Nickman1200 »

Any chance getting the old skin as an option ?

ezio

Post by ezio »

Nickman1200 wrote:Any chance getting the old skin as an option ?

If I find a way to do it easily. But not soon.

creyc

Post by creyc »

Any chance of getting CP2102 UART-USB support in addition to FTDI option? That way we might update Naze boards without bluetooth?

ezio

Post by ezio »

creyc wrote:Any chance of getting CP2102 UART-USB support in addition to FTDI option? That way we might update Naze boards without bluetooth?

Actually it should be supported with CDC driver right now.

rukie

Post by rukie »

I have enjoyed this software but recently i changed phone and fornsome reason it wont connect. It just hangs and does nothing.

The thing is i managed to connect it once nd after that nothing. In have the other configurator and it connects with that app but not with the ez gui