Newbie with trouble with 328p HK multiwii minthrottle

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
maxmus

Newbie with trouble with 328p HK multiwii minthrottle

Post by maxmus »

Hey guys. Newbie to multiwii here. I am having issues with my quad that I hope you guys can shed some insight into.

My setup is 328p multiwii with DSM, f450 clone, 30a simonk ESC, 1000kv 2830, 8x4 props, and powered by 4s lipo. Pretty straight forward.

I've done the ESC calibration by using a harness to feed throttle channel to all the escs.

My question is, no matter what I set the minthrottle, the fc starts the throttle at 1150 when flying. And at 1150 signal, the ESC and prop makes the quad pretty much hover. So its very very difficult to bring the quad down to land. I'm pretty much down on the bottom of the throttle stick entire time, bumping into the zero throttle and quad wants to fall out of sky when that happens.

I do save the edited config.h and it compiles and uploads successfully... I've tried 2.2 and 2.3

I'm experienced in original kk, kk2, and APM series. This has been a very frustrating few days. Let me know what I should try.

Wipo

Re: Newbie with trouble with 328p HK multiwii minthrottle

Post by Wipo »

When you arm the MWii it will send the min throttle value (as set in your config file) to your motors. So on arming the motors should spin.
You can lower this value to 1000 or even 900 then your motor should not spin on arming.

But I think in your case you should just calibrate your ESC. When the FC sends a value of 1150 to the motors they should spin, but should spin slowly. If your quad is allready hovering at 1150 then you have a ultramegasuper light quad or your motors just spin to fast for that value. I guess your motors just spin to fast, so you need to calibrade the ESC.

If having troubles on calibrating ESC via FC. Hook up the ESC one by one directly to the throtle connector on your RC reciever (not fc board) and calibrate. Check that motor spin up slowly when increasing your throttle. When all ESC are calibrated correctly the connect them to the FC.

maxmus

Post by maxmus »

Thanks!. I was able to get the minthrottle to take the changes by using settings tab in the 2.3 GUI. I have it set at 1060 and it flies beautifully.

Next thing is how do you get a spektrum satellite in bind mode on this board? I've tried uncommenting spektrum options and bind satellite lines w no luck.