New website, need multiwii fans help

hexjump

New website, need multiwii fans help

Post by hexjump »

Hi fans,

Happy new year !

The old website mydroneshow becomes http://www.multicopterclub.com now !!!

We try to contribute to a multicopter database it will be nice for beginners and people who don't play but who like watching.

If you have any idea about new features, please leave me a message. Be critical !

Many new features were added and it's much more easier to share your multicopter configuration and photos/videos now. Sorry for my disappearance during the last months because I spared so much time on the programming of this website. Daily work was boring too :-)

Hope you could share something on the Google Map page ! http://www.multicopterclub.com/map (aerial photos ? videos ?)

Hope you guys could post the link to different country's forum in different language.

Big thanks to people who tested it in the summer 2013. You helped me a lot.
Attachments
multicopterclub_map.jpg
multicopterclub_2.jpg
Last edited by hexjump on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hamburger

Re: New website, need multiwii fans help

Post by Hamburger »

Suggestion: avoid the word DRONE. Most of us fly rc gadgets, not some autonomous task fulfilling machines.

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

Hamburger wrote:Suggestion: avoid the word DRONE. Most of us fly rc gadgets, not some autonomous task fulfilling machines.

Hi Hamburger,

Thank you for your suggestion. We searched a lot before using this word. A drone is an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). It can be remoted by a human being on the ground. And people often use this word for RC multirotors and military unmanned vehicles. But it's related always to military flying machines.

Do you have any idea about the naming ?

Are you going to show your drones ? :D
Last edited by hexjump on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Because of the current political climate, the word DRONE carries a very negative condensation. I personally try to avoid the use of the word and try to suggest others in this hobby to do the same.

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

copterrichie wrote:Because of the current political climate, the word DRONE carries a very negative condensation. I personally try to avoid the use of the word and try to suggest others in this hobby to do the same.

Any ideas ? :) How about flyingmachines, flyingrotors

Andy7

Post by Andy7 »

How about multirotors, quad copters.... Or am I a bit way out there! Lol

Definitely with Hamburger on the drone name. Hate it, and bad politics.

Andy7

Post by Andy7 »

Nice website though! Will put my photos on when I get some.

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

Andy7 wrote:Nice website though! Will put my photos on when I get some.

Thanks. I'll search a little more about the name. By waiting the new name let's put more RC multirotors online and make the word "drone" a difference sense to people.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

For me it is "multirotors". I would not post anything under a *drone* domain, sorry.

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

Hamburger wrote:For me it is "multirotors". I would not post anything under a *drone* domain, sorry.

Thank you. So see you later.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Hi hexjump
Thank you for your pm. You are absolutely right to point out that the flying gadgets do cover fixed wings as well, so "multirotors" would indeed be inappropriate. I have no real good suggestion for a name then - maybe start a competition for naming? I go by "rc toys which are not real toys" but that definitely is not a good name for a site.
Good luck with your endeveaour.

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

Hamburger wrote:Hi hexjump
Thank you for your pm. You are absolutely right to point out that the flying gadgets do cover fixed wings as well, so "multirotors" would indeed be inappropriate. I have no real good suggestion for a name then - maybe start a competition for naming? I go by "rc toys which are not real toys" but that definitely is not a good name for a site.
Good luck with your endeveaour.

Thanks, hope to see you soon !

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Technically speaking when using the Oxford Dictionary meaning for the word DRONE "a remote-controlled pilotless aircraft or missile.", we are flying drones. Maybe use Friendly Drones or something like that?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

I am afraid the US paranoia with the recent local laws and their "war on terror" have superseded the original meaning. So I consider the phrase DRONE burnt ground. That would leave us with "RC aircraft" - not very catchy for a "show us your ..." site.

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

All the existed multi rotor software will become more intelligent. So the word "RC" will not describe what we play in the future.

Macflame

Post by Macflame »

How about 'Electric Flight'', 'The Flight Deck', 'Winged Wonders' ,'Computer Aided Flight' or maybe a bit whimsical like 'DaVinci's Dream' ?

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

Hi everyone,

I'm back. After several months work I finally finished the latest version of www.multicopterclub.com

I changed the name from mydroneshow to multicopterclub.

New functions were added. Hope this time you can like it !

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

Hamburger wrote:I am afraid the US paranoia with the recent local laws and their "war on terror" have superseded the original meaning. So I consider the phrase DRONE burnt ground. That would leave us with "RC aircraft" - not very catchy for a "show us your ..." site.

Hi Hamburger,

I changed the name, no more word "drone". Thanks for your advice. Hope this time you can join us. We won't this website becomes an international one.

haydent

Post by haydent »

looks good, i like the dynamic content loading and the tiles , make for easy discovery.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

hexjump wrote:
Hamburger wrote:I am afraid the US paranoia with the recent local laws and their "war on terror" have superseded the original meaning. So I consider the phrase DRONE burnt ground. That would leave us with "RC aircraft" - not very catchy for a "show us your ..." site.

Hi Hamburger,

I changed the name, no more word "drone". Thanks for your advice. Hope this time you can join us. We won't this website becomes an international one.

Hi again.
So you are really dedicated to that website thing. I like that. See you there.

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

Hamburger wrote:
hexjump wrote:

Hi Hamburger,

Hi again.
So you are really dedicated to that website thing. I like that. See you there.

See you then.

All about DIY and homemade stuff share.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

to my surprise, the avatar image will be displayed in the overview. I would have expected to see the first photo. Cannot change afterwards.

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

Hamburger wrote:to my surprise, the avatar image will be displayed in the overview. I would have expected to see the first photo. Cannot change afterwards.

Thank you !

The avatar photo is about the UAV but not you. Because you used the "quick share" without creating a profile. If you left your email address you will be able to find your post back after creating a profile in the future. If not, you won't be able to modify it any more.

Anyway, I'll change it to make it looks good on the home page :lol: