ios+multiwii,appstore release inside, check details, twitter

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

Download application!
Download latest BLE mini firmware!

BUY BLUETOOTH MODULE

About program
Multiwii Configurator is a client application to configure your Multiwii copter’s PID parameters from your iPhone, to make sure your copter is fully controllable in the air, and your flight is safe and fun. Thank you for your support. Please give your feedback to make it better and adapt to your flying missions.

Concept and development: Eugene Skrebnev
If you have a project related to iOS and flying machines (or at least just a promising iOS project), I would be happy to join in.
UI design: Olga Ladnova;

How to connect:
After you have installed the Multiwii Configurator application to your iPhone or iPad, you can establish connection between your iOS device and your Multiwii copter. The whole operation takes 5-10 min only, and you have to do it just one time.

Make sure you have the following hardware:
a Multiwii board supporting Bluetooth, with a UART port for telemetry
a Redbearlab BLE Mini Bluetooth module http://redbearlab.com/buy/ - i have 5 of them i don't need them now, i would be happy to sold one or two of them to you for 40-50$ with connectors soldered.
это может быть инетересно вам если вы из России

a Windows environment (a Windows PC, or Windows running through Bootcamp, VMWare, or Parallels).

To connect, do the following:
1 ) Download the latest version of firmware for your BLE Mini Bluetooth module from the Multiwii site or forum (link) to your Windows;
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73653029/BLE_FIRMWARE/Biscuit_new_super_puper.bin
2 )Press and hold the button on the module, and then plug it to a USB port on your PC via a USB-micro cable. A virtual disk then appears on your Windows;

3) Navigate to the virtual disk, locate the *.bin file there, and delete it. Your virtual disk then disappears for a couple of seconds, then appears again. Now your BLE Mini Bluetooth module is re-connected to your Windows;

4) Copy the downloaded firmware file to the virtual disk. The green LED indicator on your Bluetooth module then lights on;

5) Still keeping your Bluetooth module plugged to your PC, tap the Scan button on your iOS device. The Connect screen then appears on your iOS device, with ‘Multiwii BLE’ as one of the connections available;

6) Unplug your Bluetooth module USB-mini cable from your Windows.

7) Now connect the Multiwii copter to your Bluetooth module by wire (Multiwii copter connector → Bluetooth module connector): Rx → Tx, Tx → Rx, Gnd → Gnd, 5v → VIN.
To connect your iOS device to the Bluetooth module, start the Multiwii Configurator and tap Connect. The Multiwii BLE title on your iOS device then becomes green, and after several seconds the Multiwii BLE title changes to your copter type. Now your iOS device is properly connected to your Multiwii copter via Bluetooth.

Note: If the quadrocopter type is not shown as the result, make sure the UART interface speed on your Multiwii board is 115200, and try again.

If you do not get the desired result of any of the steps, please check your actions and try again.

How it was) just some photo for history
Some first photo of idea :D :D
Big photo 1
Big photo 2
Big photo 3

Do we need iOS 6 support?
ios+multiwii first version is ready to release, no jailbreak require!

If you like this project and want to support me please donate. And i will be able to release it earlier, add more functionality, add new bluetooth modules support!, big thanks.

Hello, guys, first of all i want to say big THANKS for people who created this amazing project "multiwii", GUYS YOU ARE SUPER! !
After i decided to create my quad, i found this amazing opensource project, and till this time i still investigating features, read firmware, try some small changes, fly and crash, buy more and more stuff, spend all my money to it, i keep spending (thanks hobbyking!) :)

not a long time ago i have problem that there is not enough channels on my 9x to control everything i need
4chan for control
gpshold, gpshome, led lights, fly mode, baro, mag, my headtracker_roll and pitch... thats too much for standart rx-tx set!!
so i decided to create something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QToU3dgxQI this, but stop!, i have all this, on my iphone, and there is much easier to program on objective c for me!!

But from the start, i can't find any ios application for this, only android.... so....

But there is a big problem there is no ios application for multiwii!!!

After some investigating i understand why, but now it became possible to create ios application for multiwii for
iphone 4s, iphone 5, ipad 3rd gen and ipad4 gen :shock:

I am a ios developer in middlesize outsource company, situated in unknown country named Belarus) :roll: ,
I have about 2 years experience developing ios application
a little AVR (avr studio) programming (language : C)
a little arduino programing
and a lot of olympic programming experience (about 6 years, but it was a long time ago (relatively...))

SO!
yesterday i investigate one more time, search appstore, (look kickstarter (just for Inspirations :D :D )) read about available frameworks: -> there is still nothing on appstore, and its not good.! :twisted:

So i decided to start it! why not!? i can do it!(not quick, but by august? why not?), i ve order some need hardware parts, yesterday.
After they come and i finish my thesis project for university i will start Multiwii gui for ios devices,

i will start for iphone 4s(because i have it))), other devices will come later, if iphone4s version will be successful (i have access to ipads on my work so it will be not a problem), but iphone will work this will be not a big problem to port it on ipad

so can you help me with functionality list for first iteration?.
1) i will start project approximately on 15-30 june
2) i will show first results on first days(1-10) on july
3) in middle of july i take vocations for about 1.5 month and will fully work with my quad, antenna tracker, and write this application.

i think first demo will be
something like this, but blue dot will be your quad
if it will work than everything other will work

but i want to start collect yours ideas, what must be do at first iteration, for first release,....
i don't want to create fully finished application and after that submit to appstore, i wan't to publish it as quick as possible, and after that start doing updates. look for feedbacks and doing updates...

maybe it looks naive but i will publish it to appstore i think at the middle of august...

so one more time, can somebody help me with ideas, for small piece of functionality for first iteration.
what is main?
pid write/read?
map for gps track?
roll/pitch angles?

if somebody have ideas of design, sketches, or something other you can send it on
Skrebnevchik@gmail.com

PS, hope someone will read it, big sorry for my english i know it is not good)),
pps: i will use this topic as kind of blog for my application.

thx.
Last edited by Eugene_skr on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 33 times in total.

cGiesen

ios + multiwii

Post by cGiesen »

Hi,
I like to hear, that you start a iOS application.
First of all, I like to edit my basic settings
PID and Switches.
All other is nice to have.
But how could you work with Bluetooth?
All I hear that Apple block that ??!!!

fryefryefrye

Re: ios + multiwii

Post by fryefryefrye »

You have a big problem on Uart via Bluetooth.

Apple do not allow you to do that.

Only JailBreak can have Uart via Bluetooth.

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

No connectivity. Developing app for jailbraked IOS devices is waste of resources. IOS is a NOGO for MultiWii (unfortunately it's the same for WP8 and surface :( )

scrat

Post by scrat »

EOSBandi wrote:No connectivity. Developing app for jailbraked IOS devices is waste of resources. IOS is a NOGO for MultiWii (unfortunately it's the same for WP8 and surface :( )

What about BlackBerry OS 10 - this OS supports Android apps.

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

People still use BlackBerry?

scrat

Post by scrat »

felixrising wrote:People still use BlackBerry?

I'm talking about new BB OS. It's totally different from old one and way better. Old one is using JAVA and new one uses QNX.

Sebbi

Post by Sebbi »

As long as you manage to get data out you could try to use an iPhone, e.g. build a BT 4.0 (this is open and requires no authentication chip from Apple) to BT Classic (or Zigbee or LRS or whatever) bridge or do the same for Wifi (wifi serial bridges exist and could be used).

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

Hello, i want to show what i finally got for first version:
one screenshot:

and video:

Last edited by Eugene_skr on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cGiesen

Re: ios + multiwii -> !first version is ready!

Post by cGiesen »

Nice work

ChristianGeek

ios + multiwii -> !first version is ready!

Post by ChristianGeek »

This looks great...is it only for jailbroken devices or are you able to submit it to the App Store?

cGiesen

Post by cGiesen »

ChristianGeek wrote:This looks great...is it only for jailbroken devices or are you able to submit it to the App Store?

He told me, that he can puch it to AppStore
But we need V4 BlueTooth (about 40$)

Sebbi

Re: ios + multiwii ! first version is ready to release !

Post by Sebbi »

So this works with a bluetooth 4.0 board connected to the flight controller, correct?

crazyal

Post by crazyal »

cGiesen wrote:
ChristianGeek wrote:This looks great...is it only for jailbroken devices or are you able to submit it to the App Store?

He told me, that he can puch it to AppStore
But we need V4 BlueTooth (about 40$)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1xHM-10-CC2540- ... 3cd3e8942d

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

as you can see on video i use iOS7 there is no jailbreak for ios 7 now

i don't know is it working with

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1xHM-10-CC2540- ... 3cd3e8942d

i use redbearlab.com/blemini/ didn't test on other bluetooth4 devices,
but if you want you can ship your bluetooth4 module and i will try to add support for it

thanks

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

I think current version doesn't support "1xHM-10 CC2540 4.0 BLE bluetooth to uart transceiver Module Central Peripheral"

but i think it is possible to support it

thanks for link.

You know, i think it works on the same chip as BLE mini, so it must be compatible!!! good news!, but not in current version.
thanks for link!

will keep working,

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

Sebbi wrote:So this works with a bluetooth 4.0 board connected to the flight controller, correct?

Yes you are right
current version works with http://redbearlab.com/blemini/ this module,
if people will use my application i will add support for more modules,
at the moment of application creation there was only one module on market

thanks.

oxygen

Re: ios+multiwii first version is ready to release !no jailb

Post by oxygen »

I'm using the nanowii controller from flyduino ( http://flyduino.net/Multikopter-FC-Multiwii_1 ) and have my Futaba SBUS receiver connected to the satellite port... how do connect the BT module?

scrat

Post by scrat »

Nice work!

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

I'm using the nanowii controller from flyduino ( http://flyduino.net/Multikopter-FC-Multiwii_1 ) and have my Futaba SBUS receiver connected to the satellite port... how do connect the BT module?

i will look this board in more details when i come home, after work
I don't know how Futaba SBUS works, if it use serial port, than i don't know 100% way to connect,
but i must say that you can mix telemetry data packages with other packages, maybe it will work if SBUS works on serial 0

I can say that you can use bluetooth 4.0 the same way you use Android bluetooth, only one change require. You must change multiwii serial 0 baud rate to 57600

Code: Select all

/******                Serial com speed    *********************************/
    /* This is the speed of the serial interfaces */
    #define SERIAL0_COM_SPEED 57600

so basic algorithm to connect is
1)find 5v on your multiwii board connect to 5v on bluetooth module
2)find gnd on your multiwii - connect to gnd on bluetooth module
3)find Rx on your multiwii - connect to TX on bluetooth module
4)find TX - connect to RX on bluetooth

Nice work!

thanks

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

but i must say that you can mix telemetry data packages with other packages, maybe it will work if SBUS works on serial 0

- a free serial port (its possible to use a Spektrum Satellite together with the GUI)

that what i found on description page...,
if Android bluetooth works for you than my will work too, just change baud rate to 57600

oxygen

Post by oxygen »

if Android bluetooth works for you than my will work too, just change baud rate to 57600

I'll see If I can find someone with an android device to check if this works

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

Yes
1) find common bluetooth or buy (about $10)
2) set bluetooth module Baud to 57600 with AT BAUD7 command (usually default is 9600 or 115200)
http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Doc/Serial+Bluetooth+Telemetry that must help
3) compile multiwii with serial 57600 for serial0 #define SERIAL0_COM_SPEED 57600
4) it will be better to check not with android, use your computer not android
winGUI is very good
https://code.google.com/p/mw-wingui/
setup com port over bluetooth and set com port speed 57600 (will not work with default multiwiiconf http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/images/0/0e/MultiWiiConf.png because you can't change com port speed for it :cry: )
if it will work you can be 100% sure that it will be working on ios too.

Thanks.

oxygen

Post by oxygen »

Cool, I'll check this :)

timecop

Post by timecop »

so does !no jailbreak mean not-no jailbreak, means, it requires breaking your expensive SteveDevice and violating warranty?

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

nice joke :)
exclamation mark stans for your attention of my product
! != not

no jailbreak needed :) you can see that i use ios7 in demo, there is no jailbreak for ios7 now.

ReadError

Re: ios+multiwii first version is ready to release, no jailb

Post by ReadError »

I see a button to buy the full version, what will the difference in features/cost be?

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

i don't know now what will be the difference, i am thinking about it now, maybe you will suggest some options?

the cost will be $5 or $7 or $10 , you will be able pay as much as you think it costs (min cost $5)

Full (first) version will contain all functions that are shown in video.

Finnal goal is a possibility to use iphone with your transmitter to see all telemetry data in fly, that what i will be adding for second version (second screen) currently not implemented
it will be like this

BERGEREYAL

Post by BERGEREYAL »

when will you relese the app?

?

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

as fast as i can, application is ready, i am testing now, add some metadata, code refactor a little etc

1) waiting my salary to buy apple developer program $99
2) waiting apple account approve
3) submit application
4) waiting for application review
5) publish and goto step 7, or solving reject troubles
6) go to step 3
7) uhaha

usually it takes about 12days for application review, usually submit accepts on second try.
so i think it will take about month.

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

some bad news i found
Apple guidelines
Apps that use location-based APIs for automatic or autonomous control of vehicles, aircraft, or other devices will be rejected.

not for current version and i think not for second, but not good

Deet

Post by Deet »

DJI do it… they have an iPhone App

timecop

Post by timecop »

DJI also paid $300,000 for dji.com in july this year.
I'm sure they can suck some dicks if needed.

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

300000 мать их тысяч за долбаный сайт?
меня задолбало отвечать всем на англ. языке)

here in Belarus, i am waiting for my salary to buy apple dev account for 100 bucks, and DJI pays 300k for site .... no way...

how much did they pay for ios application? no way...

mmm i will add a bluetooth scaner in DJI style but orange :)

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

looking for some testers (~~3-5 peoples)
1) buy BLE mini

2) have iphone 4s+ or ipad 3+
3) ios 5.1.1+
4) email me

and get tester build before appstore release for free
just for your review and test information

Johnnynunes

Post by Johnnynunes »

Great job, looking for this for a long time.
Will wait for iPhone5 version, and to understand witch bluetooth to buy (this will work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-0-BLE-bluetoo ... 2ecb0e6b35).

Will stay tuned for updates ;)

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

iphone 4s and iphone(5,5c,5s) versions are almost the same, the difference is only that iphone 5 version will have more space between controls

both versions will be available in appstore the same day, i think it will be in 2-3 weeks
at the middle of november.

ipad version will coming in 3-4 month.

First version will work only with
redlab BLE mini
http://redbearlab.com/buy its costs $34-$35, sorry but when i start my development there was only one BLE module on market, (its pretty expensive)

i am working for adding support for module you post in link, support for that module will be added in second version (in a 20-30 days after first version)

just waiting for my package with this module and start testing it support.

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

some good news,
after long long long night i finnaly modify BLE mini firmware and compile it using IAR .. finally!!!

so there will be no need to set 57600 baud rate, it will works on standart 115200 !
and change BLE board name to Multiwii BLE

so now how connect screen looks:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73653029/Multiwii_BLE_firmware.bin

witespy1

Post by witespy1 »

Good to see. I have some dev. boards coming your way. I hope the firmware is close to the Multiwii BLE.

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

https://twitter.com/Multiwii_ios -

if some body is interested in any kind of news, or project status.

will try to keep it up to date

Eugene_skr

Re: ios+multiwii,appstore release inside, check details, twi

Post by Eugene_skr »

Released

ankimo

Post by ankimo »

Hi

Since the BLE board arrived, it installed in 5S.
Bluetooth search is quickly comfortable!

However, a setup of BOXES/AUX is not reflected.
Have I made a mistake in usage?

Thank you
Kazz

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

ankimo wrote:Hi
Since the BLE board arrived, it installed in 5S.
Bluetooth search is quickly comfortable!
However, a setup of BOXES/AUX is not reflected.
Have I made a mistake in usage?
Thank you
Kazz

if box/aux doesn't work then pid and rates mustn't work too.
when i develop program i have no access to iphone 5s, there can be troubles, free version stands for testing connection.

does it say Multiwii BLE? or busciut? on connect screen? if "biscuit then you must read how to connect section and update BLE firmware"
did you see any error messages?
did you read how to connect section? there are steps to make it work.
what uart speed do you use?
what mutiwii version do you use?
did program detect you copter type? it must say "tricopter" or "Quadrocopter X" or "Quadrocopter +" on connect screen

also you can't use bluetooth-iphone connection with usb-computer connection at the same time.

hope that will help, or you can write to project twitter, or mail me.

ankimo

Post by ankimo »

configurator was terminated.
And connection was tried again.
The BOXES/AUX selective state was reflected this time.

Multiwii_BLE_115200.bin
no error message
How-to was read
uart speed:115200
mutiwii version:2.3
Hexacopter X on connect screen

Thank you
Kazz

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

Hexacopter X on connect screen

-> thats mean you doing everything right.

what is "terminated"?
it crashes or terminated by you?

don't see crash reports at current moment
http://gyazo.com/8da26bba6fe51b85c186cdabfa42bfc4

maybe i will try to add analytics for detect crashes quickly

sorry i have no opportunity to test it on iphone 5s... i have only iPad mini running iOS 7.0.3. and i can take iphone 5 from my friend

i didn't test on multiwii 2.3 yet, will try to do that in couple days

if you find steps to crash application please email me with crash steps description,

if you localize the error, you can also write me private message, i will answer quicker than forum post

thank for your support.

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

thanks to "ankimo" today i submit fixed version 1.0.1 Apple accept it for expedited review there was critical bug that was impossible to find while testing it in sandbox.

if you bought application and full version doesn't unlock please wait for update than update program and use "Restore purchase" button to restore your previous purchase.

thanks. and sorry for troubles.

Post by 829939 »

你好,终于有ios的应用了。中国玩家也想用。但是不知道需要用哪一种蓝牙模块。BLE Mini在中国好像买不到。 其他BLE蓝牙4.0模块能否使用?对蓝牙模块有什么特殊要求吗?

Hello, finally got the IOS application. Chinese players wanted to use,
But I do not know what kind of Bluetooth module needed.
BLE Mini can not seem to buy in China. Other BLE Bluetooth 4.0 module can use? Bluetooth module have any special requirements?

Johnnynunes

Post by Johnnynunes »

Hi Eugene, do you know when will be able to use with the Hm-10 cc2540 bluetooth module?

Regards

Johnnynunes

Post by Johnnynunes »

Any news on this?

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

Hello, i am still waiting for Ti cc debugger, some days before i got my HM-10 modules, will try to make them work.