Naze32 OSD

vdjc

Naze32 OSD

Post by vdjc »

Hi,

Hi there any OSD (preferably cheap) that could be used with the naze32 board? Maybe something compatible with the mwii protocol or the frsky telemetry?
I'm considering using a MinimOSD (10$), but it will require to add mavlink output to baseflight. Nothing wrong with that, but if something already exists, I would be interested.
Thanks!

fiendie

Re: Naze32 OSD

Post by fiendie »

vdjc wrote:Hi,

Hi there any OSD (preferably cheap) that could be used with the naze32 board? Maybe something compatible with the mwii protocol or the frsky telemetry?
I'm considering using a MinimOSD (10$), but it will require to add mavlink output to baseflight. Nothing wrong with that, but if something already exists, I would be interested.
Thanks!

https://code.google.com/p/rush-osd-development/

vdjc

Post by vdjc »

Thanks!
Since it uses the mwii protocol, it requires to be on the main usart so I won't be possible to use my bluetooth adapter together with it :(
But it seems to be an interesting ready-to-use solution.

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

You dont need bluetooth & OSD.

The minimOSD works great with the naze boards.

Michael van der hoek

Post by Michael van der hoek »

Can someone tell me some more about this OSD? I currently own a modded super simple osd for my quad but want a somewhat more intelligent osd for my bixler.

The bixler is also updated with an rev5 naze board so the minimOSD looks as a true dream. But I cant figure out what the standard options are.
Is the minimosd rigged with an GPS? or does it use the gps fitted on the naze? And what about RSSI readings. I cant see any RSSI connections to it so how does it read that?

It looks to simple to be true, just connect it to the naze rx and tx (and offcourse power, ground and video) and thats it?
Order an FTDI cable with it and go with the fun, or is there some more to it?

greets michael

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

you will need a FTDI controller to program the MinimOSD board with the right firmware and settings.

The OSD board gets all its GPS data from the flight controller, so long as you have one connected and setup properly. It also gets all other flight data from the controller like heading, altitude, etc.. (so long as your board has a compass & baro). For RSSI you need to modify the minimOSD board or get one from witespy with all the pin-outs accessable. Then you send RSSI info to the minimOSD board and configure it accordingly.

There used to be a page on the wiki about the modifications necessary but it looks like its been removed.

Michael van der hoek

Naze32 OSD

That makes things a lot clearer for me! So all is possible but ill have to rig the naze with gps first. Hmm maybe ill have to put the minimOSD on my quad then :D

To bad te page isnt findable, even on the developers page there isnt any thing about RSSI, but in their movie RSSI is there.

Maybe ill order one, but first ill have to figure out everything :) so if anyone else knows some more, please share it with me!

Thanks subaru!

Gr Michael

Scotth72

Post by Scotth72 »

Michael van der hoek

that explains it all! thanks!

EDIT: Bought myself an minimosd and Ublox 6H GPS for my bixler :D

reig15

Naze32 OSD

Post by reig15 »

Hi, someone could put a graphic explaining how the minimosd and the naze are connected to get RSSI?
Thanks!

Michael van der hoek

Naze32 OSD

See the link in above reply, there u can see how to connect the rssi cable to the minimosd.

On your receiver is a different story, search google for your receiver and rssi :)

reig15

Post by reig15 »

Michael van der hoek wrote:See the link in above reply, there u can see how to connect the rssi cable to the minimosd.

On your receiver is a different story, search google for your receiver and rssi :)

Thanks!

Mochaboy

Post by Mochaboy »

Michael van der hoek wrote:Can someone tell me some more about this OSD? I currently own a modded super simple osd for my quad but want a somewhat more intelligent osd for my bixler.

The bixler is also updated with an rev5 naze board so the minimOSD looks as a true dream. But I cant figure out what the standard options are.
Is the minimosd rigged with an GPS? or does it use the gps fitted on the naze? And what about RSSI readings. I cant see any RSSI connections to it so how does it read that?

It looks to simple to be true, just connect it to the naze rx and tx (and offcourse power, ground and video) and thats it?
Order an FTDI cable with it and go with the fun, or is there some more to it?

greets michael

Do you connect the minimosd to the Naze32 serial rx/tx port noted as number 8 in this diagram?

Screen Shot 2014-01-02 at 4.44.28 PM.png

Also which firmware works best with Naze32 - only the rushosd zip file here?
https://code.google.com/p/rush-osd-deve ... loads/list

I seem to remember reading somewhere that minoposd worked but maybe that was only with the cc3d port on the rev4 boards.

Thanks in advance.

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

Yes, you connect to those Tx/Rx pins, note that they are shared with the USB interface due to lack of real USARTs until Naze64pro SMP edition.

KV Team 2.2 works fine with Naze32/Baseflight. I think you need to enable Boxnames or something in the KV Team OSD GUI setup, but YMMV.

Michael van der hoek

got my osd up and running, works great!

Only am still figuring out how to set up RSSI, anyone got a clear explaining step by step?
And whats that with "boxnames" ??

scrat

Post by scrat »

I have enabled BoxIDs for naze32 and minimosd kv team 2.2.

Michael van der hoek

Naze32 OSD

Yeah but what does boxnames do in the osd?

scrat

Post by scrat »

Just try to set boxnames instead.