KV Team Multiwii OSD

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
carlonb

Re: SW Development on Minim Osd

Post by carlonb »

SkyrimDragon wrote:Now I have confused myself.

I have a FrSky receiver. I believe that has a PWM output for RSSI. So I cannot use the analog input A3? Is there an answer for Carlo on whether MISO actually works? I have a board set up to test it, but Icannot for another few days and wwould rather know for sure before soldering pins and such.

You can use A3 input to read an analogic input or a PWM input.
If you are reading a pure PWM signal (not filtered with an RC nor a resistor devider as per analogic reading) you use A3 pin and modify the Config.h file of OSD sketch as follow:

ORIGINAL
/******************** PWM RSSI *********************/

#define PwmRssiPin 12 // Miso Pin

MOD
/******************** PWM RSSI *********************/

#define PwmRssiPin A3 // A3 analog Pin

after that, in GUI enable PWM reading and disable the ADC reading

Please try as I've not a PWM RX and let me know any news
Cheers

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Hi guys,
I just intalled Minim R370 and connected with MWC R1555. Everything seems to work well, except RSSI readout.
I have configured Multiwi to measure RSSI as analog voltage on the pin A7 and Minim to get RSSI from Multiwii. OSD shows RSSI percentage and it's somehow dependent on voltage at MW pin A7, but I can't set correct range. :(
My RX gives RSSI as DC voltage 1V at no signal and 1.6V at 100% signal. If I look into OSD menu at page where is RSSI displayed, it says that actual RSSI (at maximum signal) is value 340 and minimum about 210. If I try set these "borders" from GUI, I can't set MAX to 340 but only up to 255. When I try to do this from the OSD config page via stick, I'm unable to set correct value - number doesn't react correctly to stick movement. I move triangel cursor to the correcponding line by PITCH stick (Mode 1) and then try to adjust it by YAW stick, but value almost doesn't change, just sometimes randomly +-1 but I can't reach numbers above 80. At PID settings page everything including values adjustment works just fine.
What is wrong :?:
Thanks for any advice!
Roman

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

Hi rbirdie,
try to set the RSSI min and max as linked here that I suggested in some previous post.

Set min and max RSSI received values as discussed here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1786599&page=31 in post n. #451 and #452

Carlo

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

carlonb wrote:Hi rbirdie,
try to set the RSSI min and max as linked here that I suggested in some previous post.

Set min and max RSSI received values as discussed here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1786599&page=31 in post n. #451 and #452

Carlo

Thanks Carlo,
I tested this procedure and it works perfectly for MIN value (after 15s countown the actual value 210 is copied to RSSI MIN), but for setting MAX value it sets only 88 or 89 and not more while actual RSSI is ~340! Is there another trick? Why just 88 or 89? Isn't it a problem of variable type?
Thanks for any other ideas!
Roman

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

rbirdie001 wrote:I tested this procedure and it works perfectly for MIN value (after 15s countown the actual value 210 is copied to RSSI MIN), but for setting MAX value it sets only 88 or 89 and not more while actual RSSI is ~340! Is there another trick? Why just 88 or 89? Isn't it a problem of variable type?
Thanks for any other ideas!
Roman

I think understand the issue,
from MWii, the RSSI serial data is two byte long, in OSD we read two byte, but the calcs use one byte only.
R370 dev of KV OSD has a bug, the next dev will be correct, anyway try this workaround doing this mod:

In OSD sketch the KV_team_OSD.ino file at row 165-166 you see:

Code: Select all

if (Settings[S_MWRSSI]) {
      rssiADC = MwRssi;

Modify with:

rssiADC = MwRssi/4;

Please verify and let us know.
Cheers
Carlo

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Carlo,
again thanks for prompt support but unfortunately still not work well.
I added /4 to line 166 so now RSSI shows values between 51-86 and adjusting MIN and MAX values works also perfectly, but final RSSI percent value is now ALWAYS 100%. I guess that original undivided value is used somewhere again. Sorry, I'm not programmer so I'm afraid to dig into code.
I'll appreciate if you can look at it once more, I'll immediately test it.
(As I'm more confident in circuit electronic, my emergency solution would be a resistive voltage dividier ;) )
Thanks!
Roman

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

rbirdie001 wrote:Carlo,
again thanks for prompt support but unfortunately still not work well.
I added /4 to line 166 so now RSSI shows values between 51-86 and adjusting MIN and MAX values works also perfectly, but final RSSI percent value is now ALWAYS 100%. I guess that original undivided value is used somewhere again. Sorry, I'm not programmer so I'm afraid to dig into code.
I'll appreciate if you can look at it once more, I'll immediately test it.
(As I'm more confident in circuit electronic, my emergency solution would be a resistive voltage dividier ;) )
Thanks!
Roman

Hi Roman,
I've tried (simulated) some time ago and to me seems working well....
I've noted that changing the RSSI signal received this take some second ( one or two or tree) to update the screen percent due to calculation of the average of the last 30 received values, so wait a little....
Have you saved the min and max values after min/max setup ?

Bye
Carlo

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

carlonb wrote:Hi Roman,
I've tried (simulated) some time ago and to me seems working well....
I've noted that changing the RSSI signal received this take some second ( one or two or tree) to update the screen percent due to calculation of the average of the last 30 received values, so wait a little....
Have you saved the min and max values after min/max setup ?
Bye
Carlo

Carlo,
I tested it once more and I believe I really don't do anything wrong.
I captured two short videos to demonstrate the behaviour. Both are taken with r370 with added "/4" at the line 166.
First video shows RSSI measurement with saved MIN and MAX values and then rebooted. I folded my TX antenna (35MHz radio) and passed behind some walls. You can see that actual RSSI value goes down but the interpreted percentage remains 100%.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-isOHa9uC9c

Second video shows how I did the calibration. After save and exit (at the main page) I again reduced transmitter signal but percentage remained 100%.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULBooILP2Po
Do you have any ideas?
Thanks!
Roman

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

Hi Roman,
I can not simulate RSSI issue, but I look into code:

At line 406 of KV_Team_OSD.ino file you have

else { 
        aa =  MwRssi;
      }

Please try to mod with

else { 
        aa =  rssiADC;
      }

Ciao
Carlo

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

carlonb wrote:Hi Roman,
I can not simulate RSSI issue, but I look into code:

At line 406 of KV_Team_OSD.ino file you have

else { 
        aa =  MwRssi;
      }

Please try to mod with

else { 
        aa =  rssiADC;
      }

Ciao
Carlo

Carlo,
now with both mods it works perfectly!
I think that whole condition on lines 407-412 could be replaced just with aa = rssiADC; but once it works, I don't dare touch it. ;)
Really nice project!
Thanks!
Roman

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

rbirdie001 wrote:now with both mods it works perfectly!
I think that whole condition on lines 407-412 could be replaced just with aa = rssiADC; but once it works, I don't dare touch it. ;)
Really nice project!
Thanks!
Roman

Great to hear you happy,
About the MWii RSSI issue this will be solved in the next release where you can find new nice stuffs. Stay tuned with KV-Team_OSD
Ciao
Carlo

SkyrimDragon

Post by SkyrimDragon »

Last edited by SkyrimDragon on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

SkyrimDragon wrote:Hello Carlo,

Speaking of the next release, I know you can't say exactly, but can you say if it will be in days, weeks, or months?

Hi Skyrimdragon,
I think it's a matter of a few weeks.
The sketch for MinimOSD is almost ready, and Kataventos is working on the GUI (the most 'difficult).
Bye
Carlo

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

I must say that I am crashing with Java on GUI to make the moveable items by dragging them with the mouse... :( probably more time needed because this is very hard work for me alone...
We have the OSD sketch almost ready, just little stuff need to be implemented like for example some of the ideas posted here by the users. Other than that the sketch is working just fine on mine and Carlo OSD´s :D

Be patient please... after all the current code r370 is working fine for everybody ;) keep it flying and trusting us your flights.

-KV

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Hi kataventos,
I really marvel that you all are spendig so much time for us! :)
Just because I'm reading that you are working on completely new GUI,
please let me say one experience:
When I work again with Minim GUI after some weeks, I'm always confused
about the meaning of dark/light blue switches for configuration. I always
have to look at reference what position is ON and what is OFF. What do
you think about replacing them with something really explicit like
button which is GRAY for OFF and GREEN for ON?
Thanks!
Roman

witespy1

Post by witespy1 »

Ditto.

thank you for everything you have done. I like your firmware. I have modded the hardware to working with the current code r370 and makes all the "mod" hardware pins available. It will be able to offer it at an good price. Please, how can I contact you to send you this hardware, and anyone else on the team .. .

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

That OSD board looks brilliant! Can we get a pin diagram for all the exposed pins?? Can't wait to see that on your site witespy!

SkyrimDragon

Post by SkyrimDragon »

Last edited by SkyrimDragon on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

@WiteSpy

Great, that seems really made for this code inclusive voltage dividers, I presume you have it for max 5v to RSSI and up to 4S on both main and video voltages.

Thanks for the offer, already sent you an email with developers addresses ;)

@SkyrimDragon

I presume that you are talking about using the PWM RSSI.
As I said before at this time on that release you need to inject PWM before change the option otherwise it will hang.
What PIN are you using, MISO?

Cheers,
-KV

SkyrimDragon

Post by SkyrimDragon »

disq

Post by disq »

Any plans to make it compatible with FrSky telemetry data? ie. connect a single wire from a flight controller (MultiWii with frsky patch, Baseflight, etc) to both the RX and OSD and get the data on both using a single serial connection on the FC side.

Of course that would mean removing all the MSP code and fitting in a FrSky parser there instead. (FrSky's inverted serial requirement (which sucks) could be ignored, as there are usually places to get the not-inverted signal from the FC, or maybe just before the ttl inverter)

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Hi guys,
first I want to thank to all developers because this OSD is really GREAT! Today I practised FPV flying (I'm just beginner in it) and OSD worked perfectly!
OK, almost perfectly, because speed measurement was obviously incorrect - I guess that OSD was displaying just 10% of real speed. You can look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYCRTDU-kUM
At about 0:50 I'm passing tractor which is going about 10km/h but OSD shows speed 1-2km/h and at about 2:17 I'm flying at about 40km/h (90m in 8 secs) but OSD shows just 4km/h. I'm using unmodified MWC 2.2 and OSD r370 with just this modification for correct RSSI readout: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918&start=600#p41493 but nothing else touched.
For me it looks like just missing *10 in calcualtion.
Is it known problem, or I'm again first? ;)
Thanks!
Roman
Edit: Maybe important info: I'm using external I2C GPS on Promini board so in case it works OK for other people who use Mega boards and serial GPS and not for me, then it could be problem of MW 2.2 interpretation of speed from I2C GPS. I'll test it over GUI...
Roman

jevermeister

Post by jevermeister »

Hi,
last year I bought a Mobidrone OSD but the develepment seems dead, I managed to keep it working by hacking into the Multiwii MSP after each update but this and the hardware is a real pain.

Would you guys recommend to switch to MinimOSD or is it possible to run this software on a mobidrone OSD?
I like the layout of the Mobidrone OSD but configuring is like solving a puzzle and flashing is really complicated and dangerous.

Additionally: I read out Current sensor and Height via Multwii ist this possible via this OSD too? I cannot get a clue from the FAQs and guides.

ps.: I like that GUI - nice work!

Nils

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

@ rbirdie001,
I'm using Mega board and a serial GPS unit, so I've no issues wirh the speed indication. I saw your vid and I can confirm you have a problem may be with I2c GPS.
Pls verify and let' us know.

@ jevermeister,
Mobidrone H/W is not compatible with MinimOSD H/W. Mobidrone do not use the MAX video chip.
KV_Team_OSD with MinimOSD H/W is perfectly compatible with MWii :D

Bye
Carlo

jevermeister

Post by jevermeister »

Hi,
just ordered a minim 1.1.

Is there a guide for the newest OSD dev, the guide provided in the Wiki seems to be outdated.
I just played around with the newest GUI but some items are not displayed in the example screen even if I activate them (note: no hardware attached yet)

Last Question: Is baro altitude used via MW Protocol If there is no GPS data present? I believe I saw a part in the code where Baro Altitude is used (mwaltitude).

I am looking forward to test this OSD. I loved my Mobidrone with my customizations like mAh Counter and stuff but it is time to upgrade to better software I believe.

Nils

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

@jevermeister,

Hi Nils,
About Baro, yes I can confirm that baro altitude is coming from FC also if no GPS is available.

Almost all data on OSD display are coming from MWii FC, but a dedicated video cam battery volt level (if used) is managed by OSD H/W and S/W.
Optionally it's forseen to manage RSSI or Main Vbatt or mAh consumed also directly from OSD H/W but at this momento MinimOSD has not exposed these pins and you need to solder on the AT chip pins directly (not so easy).
I know in the very near future there wil be available a new OSD H/W (JDrones and Witespy) where we can found more new input pin/connector and this will make the life easy :)

Bye, Carlo

jevermeister

Post by jevermeister »

Hi,
thank you for that clear statement, now I am even more looking forward because I have all features I needed to hack into that mobidrone!

As I power Cam and FPV TX with same 12V 3s Lipo as my FC I do not have to do the 12V mod, right?

I only need to power the FPV TX with 12V and the OSD routes 12V and GND to the cam (The TX has 12 Supplied to the cam Pinout if you connect a cam directly)?
Nils

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

rbirdie001 wrote:Hi guys,
first I want to thank to all developers because this OSD is really GREAT! Today I practised FPV flying (I'm just beginner in it) and OSD worked perfectly!
OK, almost perfectly, because speed measurement was obviously incorrect - I guess that OSD was displaying just 10% of real speed. You can look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYCRTDU-kUM
At about 0:50 I'm passing tractor which is going about 10km/h but OSD shows speed 1-2km/h and at about 2:17 I'm flying at about 40km/h (90m in 8 secs) but OSD shows just 4km/h. I'm using unmodified MWC 2.2 and OSD r370 with just this modification for correct RSSI readout: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918&start=600#p41493 but nothing else touched.
For me it looks like just missing *10 in calcualtion.
Is it known problem, or I'm again first? ;)
Thanks!
Roman
Edit: Maybe important info: I'm using external I2C GPS on Promini board so in case it works OK for other people who use Mega boards and serial GPS and not for me, then it could be problem of MW 2.2 interpretation of speed from I2C GPS. I'll test it over GUI...
Roman

Hi!
I looked closer at the problem and it's even more funny:
When I connect my tricopter to laptop and try to read speed in GUI, it measures also wrong, but not 10 times less (like OSD) but approx 2.5 times more! :o than the real speed in km/h is.
(I took it into the car and measured during driving.)
I don't know which units should GUI show (km/h, m/s, mph, knots...), but I can't see any logic in it. More it looks like mistake between I2C NAV module and MWC (probably) or MWC and GUI.
I also found probable reason of my bad speed measurement on Minim OSD: in I2C_GPS_NAV_v2_2 on the line 724 there is:

case 7: i2c_dataset.ground_speed = (atof(string)*0.5144444)*10;      //convert to m/s*100

This is obviously conversion from knots to cm/s but if there isn't something special I missed, it seems to be wrong because 1kt is 51.44444 cm/s.
I'll try to modify it and test tomorrow with OSD but still I wonder what value GUI should show...
Regards
Roman

ezio

Post by ezio »

Speed that comes from multiwii protocol is in cm/s

IceWind

Post by IceWind »

Hi,

is there an option to disable the AHI?
I looked in the config file as well as in the GUI but I can't find it.

Thanks.

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

@rbirdie001,
Hi Roman,
Please investigate on that and also, if is possible, please verify if the arrow home indicator on OSD is correct or is 180° reverted because a friend of mine as this issue.
About MWii data I can confirm that on MSP the speed is transmitted as cm/sec.
On actual KV Team OSD all data shown are selectable from GUI in Metric or Imperial units (example the speed may be in Km/h or miles/h, the baro or GPS altitude may be in mt or in feet).
Cheers
Carlo

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

carlonb wrote:@rbirdie001,
Hi Roman,
Please investigate on that and also, if is possible, please verify if the arrow home indicator on OSD is correct or is 180° reverted because a friend of mine as this issue.
About MWii data I can confirm that on MSP the speed is transmitted as cm/sec.
On actual KV Team OSD all data shown are selectable from GUI in Metric or Imperial units (example the speed may be in Km/h or miles/h, the baro or GPS altitude may be in mt or in feet).
Cheers
Carlo

Hi carlo,
I already uploaded modified code into I2C GPS NAV and tomorrow I'm going to test it.
Regarding the home arrow in the Minim OSD I think it works perfectly!
You can look again at my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYCRTDU-kUM
At 0:22 I'm flying away from home and arow shows back.
At 2:03 I rotated standing copter (rotation ended looking towards home) and arrow followed nicely.
At 2:20 I was flying fast towards home and arrow showed to front.
Conclusion: It works as it should, seems to compare angle to home with the copter front direction (MAG sensor), not with movement vector. (Am I right? I didn't test what arrow does if flying backwards... :D )
Roman

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Hi,
so today I was driving in the car with Multiwii on the pasenger seat and it's confirmed: Wrong (/10) speeed measurement on the OSD from I2C GPS is caused by small mistake in I2C_GPS_NAV_v2_2.ino, line 724

case 7: i2c_dataset.ground_speed = (atof(string)*0.5144444)*10;      //convert to m/s*100

It can be easily corrected just changing *10 to *100.
Minim OSD is simply perfect! :D
Roman

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

rbirdie001 wrote:Hi,
so today I was driving in the car with Multiwii on the pasenger seat and it's confirmed: Wrong (/10) speeed measurement on the OSD from I2C GPS is caused by small mistake in I2C_GPS_NAV_v2_2.ino, line 724

It can be easily corrected just changing *10 to *100.
Minim OSD is simply perfect! :D
Roman

Nice to see you happy!
Good catch, hope this will be helpull for other I2C GPS users.
Seems that the creator of this sketch (Eosbandi) no more support this, I hope him can update it.

Bye
Carlo

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

@Carlo

wasn´t this you were asking me by email yesterday? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918&start=580#p41261

Anyway, let´s wait for it to arrive.
-KV

PS: sent you email today. BTW the FTDI arrives tomorrow (I hope) :evil:

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

IceWind wrote:Hi,

is there an option to disable the AHI?
I looked in the config file as well as in the GUI but I can't find it.

Thanks.

...In Portuguese or English :?
AH can be easily turned on or off using a TX switch. Visible on MWii GUI but you also need to set it up on config.h.

-KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

rbirdie001 wrote:Conclusion: It works as it should, seems to compare angle to home with the copter front direction (MAG sensor), not with movement vector. (Am I right? I didn't test what arrow does if flying backwards... :D )
Roman

Yes, that is why some were having problems with it in past. Just remember that for accuracy you need it to be on a clean environment far from ESC´s and other magnetic fields. Some other flight controllers (not mentioning any brands) have it far from everything close to the GPS antenna.

-KV

IceWind

Post by IceWind »

kataventos wrote:...In Portuguese or English :?
AH can be easily turned on or off using a TX switch. Visible on MWii GUI but you also need to set it up on config.h.

-KV

Tanto faz! ;)

True, but it also hides the coordinates. I'd like to have those visible at all times just in case. :)
I'm judging by the comments in the code as I haven't tried as I have no spare channelsto use.

Thanks!

hinkel

Post by hinkel »

Hi!

These days i use the minimosd with Kvteamosd r345 on Naze32 rev4 with Harakiri SG2.5 and it works fine, so i have
a noob question . I can not utilise the BOX_OSD_SWITCH or LLIGHT switch to hide AH, side bars, and coordinates.
Seems not in the Harakiri SG2.5 Code.
Could some one be successful by this issue without changing Harakiri code ?

Second noob question how to change the config.h from r370 for matching with Harakiri SG2.5 Code ?

Greetings

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

@Hinkel
unfortunately it is the Harakiri code that needs to be upgraded, nothing to do on the OSD code regarding that particular issue.
Try to contact the developers asking them if they can port this, and you will be OK.

Have fun, fly safe.
Cheers,
-KV

hinkel

Post by hinkel »

@Kataventos

You are right , so I add this "OSD SW" to Harakiri SG2.5 code, and WOW now KVOSD fIrmware r345 match complet with SG2.5. :D
Thanks you for your help and for this great OSD ! :)

Best Regards
hinkel

hinkel

Post by hinkel »

hinkel wrote:Second noob question how to change the config.h from r370 for matching with Harakiri SG2.5 Code ?

Hi !
To answer my noob question , just have to add this line

#define USE_BOXNAMES              // Comment this line to use BOXIDS

in config.h from r370 , This was not a Harakiri SG2.5 Code issue !

Regards
Hinkel

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Hi guys,
another trouble with RSSI reading:
I had to stop using RSSI reading from MW (I use so many functions on my 328P board that MW 2.3 crashes so I had to disable something). I need to read RSSI like analog voltage 0.8-1.6V directly by OSD ADC. I soldered wire with 1K resistor to pin A3 (as shown in hardware mods) , reloaded with unmodified r370 (so I reverted mods previously done for correct reading over MW as discussed here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918&start=600#p41460) and configured like this:
rssi_cfg.png
My configuration
(8.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I have shown RSSI value on the screen, but it's obviously wrong. I'm getting RSSI RAW ADC value 109 for 1V and 110 for 5V. Am I missing something important?
Thanks Roman

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

rbirdie001 wrote:Hi guys,
another trouble with RSSI reading:
I had to stop using RSSI reading from MW (I use so many functions on my 328P board that MW 2.3 crashes so I had to disable something). I need to read RSSI like analog voltage 0.8-1.6V directly by OSD ADC. I soldered wire with 1K resistor to pin A3 (as shown in hardware mods) , reloaded with unmodified r370 (so I reverted mods previously done for correct reading over MW as discussed here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918&start=600#p41460) and configured like this:
rssi_cfg.png
I have shown RSSI value on the screen, but it's obviously wrong. I'm getting RSSI RAW ADC value 109 for 1V and 110 for 5V. Am I missing something important?
Thanks Roman

Hi Roman,
Your setup is correct,
I verified the code and it's OK for me, If you have 1V rssi signal input, the RSSI RAWADC must be around 100. Are you sure you have 1V only and not 1.1V rssi input ?
If you have 1.1V input the rssiADC value must be about 109 or 110.
After that, all rssi input signals above 1.1V give the same rssi rawADC=110.
So actually if your max rssi signal is greather than 1.1V you need a voltage divider (example 22K with 10K resistors).
Obviously someone may say that the actual analog voltage ref in arduino sketch uses "internal" =1.1V instead of "DEFAULT" =5V, with 5V analog ref you do not need the voltage divider, but this is another story, may be implemented in future OSD versions.
Cheers
Carlo

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Hi Carlo,
thanks, this is the answer :!:
I didn't know about internal 1.1V reference and maximal value 110. My RX gives between 1.0-1.1V without signal (this little changes according the noise) and 1.6V with 100% signal so I was exactly on the edge - about 105-109 without signal and 110 with full signal. No problem, I'll use voltage dividier - with this I'm much more comfortable than with the code. :oops:
For future just small note about it e.g. in the "Hardware mods" document could help to many!
Once more thanks for great support!
Roman

hinkel

Post by hinkel »

Hi!

Because I use Harakiri SG2.5 on Naze32 rev4 and KVteamosd I change the Code from Harakiri SG2.5 and KVteamosd R370 to have an Indication of FAILSAFE issue in OSD ( no RSSI Signal with my crappy receiver ) the GPS Coordinates will be display always in this case. Also the Osdswitch disable 80% from display now !
http://vimeo.com/77699275

If someone is interest ?
EDIT:
There is the code http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3524&p=42658#p42658

Regards
hinkel

disq

Post by disq »

Problems with PWM RSSI and current r370 code:

In the config, default PWM RSSI pin should not be the MISO pin (12) since it's already in use by the MAX chip and nearly hangs the OSD (pulseIn blocks too much) when enabled. Make D3 (pin #3, PAL jumper) default instead. (Config.h, line 8)

KV_Team_OSD.ino:160, "if (!Settings[S_MWRSSI]) {" should be "if (!Settings[S_MWRSSI] && !Settings[S_PWMRSSI]) {"
KV_Team_OSD.ino:169, rssiADC is read with pulseIn, but read again in calculateRssi(). calculateRssi should use the already read rssiADC instead.
KV_Team_OSD.ino:418, closing brace should be in line 414 (calculateRssi again) currently the read pwm rssi value is not used

OSD GUI: "RSSI Alarm" should be "RSSI Alarm %" instead, since it has nothing to do with the min/max values directly. (Lines 248 and 308 in KV_Team_OSD_GUI.pde)

BoxNames/BoxIds bug: KV_Team_OSD.ino:240, remove the #ifdef and add "if(Settings[S_USE_BOXNAMES])" instead.

Despite these changes I still wasn't able to use the PWM RSSI directly from FrSky. Decided to use analog instead:

Converting the PWM signal to analog, you need to make sure it doesn't exceed 1.1v.
I already had the circuit in here ready, which gave me 3.10 or so volts at 100% reception. I had to add a voltage divider (10k/6.2k) to get it down a little bit, seems to be working now. Adjusted rssi min/max to 1/72 in the gui.

SkyrimDragon

Post by SkyrimDragon »

Last edited by SkyrimDragon on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkyrimDragon

Post by SkyrimDragon »

Last edited by SkyrimDragon on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

disq

Post by disq »

SkyrimDragon wrote:A few things. Which FrSky receiver are you using? The new X8R does not use PWM RSSI. Just analog voltage. So it's easy to plug straight in. Also, it works fine with the MISO pin. The trick....
You have to have it plugged in and working when you make the change in the GUI or it will hang.

It's working 100% on mine but I am using the X8R.

I'm using a D4R-II (ppm enabled by jumping pins 3 and 4, this way first servo pin is ppm-sum and second servo pin is pwm rssi)

Previous messages in this thread (like this and these here) mention that MISO won't work for input since it's connected to the MAX chip as well. Admitted, I didn't connect anything to it this time around (Already had wires soldered to D3, A1 and A2, masking pins with kapton tape method works really well)