cannot write PID values / bricked HK pocket quad

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
benedikt

Post by benedikt »

Im trying to run MW2.2 on a Hobbyking Pocket Quad (ATMega32u4). I have it running and installed on several other of these boards, so I basically know how it works. But for this particular board, something went wrong: after flashing several different firmware versions, I could not change any PID values, and whenever arming conditions are met, the GUI reacts sluggish for a while, and the board does not arm.

I discussed this over at the model specific thread over in rcgroups, but everyting from eeprom clearing, resetting, recalibrating, reflashing etc. didt not help. I hope someone of you here might have another idea what I could do to get this thing back to live!

Here is a screendump and some rambling about the issue :geek:
https://vimeo.com/72012905

linuxslate

Re: cannot write PID values / bricked HK pocket quad

Post by linuxslate »

I'm not sure if this helps at all since I do not have a pocket quad (yet), but:

There was a previous post(s) about some sort of mini/pocket MultiWii Quad shipping with bad boot loaders.

If you've tried everything else, you may want to try re-loading the boot loader, but of course, you could turn it from possibly bricked to definitely bricked.

benedikt

Post by benedikt »

thanks for the comment, I wasnt specific enough, but burning the bootloader was done multiple times, but it didnt change a thing.
If I cant fix this, the board is a loss. So any far-fetched idea, I will try it..

doughboy

Post by doughboy »

Did you try loading the blinking LED example sketch? If LED blinks then the hardware is still good

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

+1 doughboy, verify the equipment you have and go from there.
if the board can blink, then load a VERY BASIC multiwii sketch. enable your gyro ONLY. if you can acro fly your quad at this point then you are moving forward, if you still get the same results start looking in the arduino IDE and make sure you have the correct arduino selected.

scrat

Post by scrat »

And use eeprom_clear sketch from Examples menu.