Help on simonk esc calibration on crius aio pro v1.0

nytro81

Help on simonk esc calibration on crius aio pro v1.0

Post by nytro81 »

Hi all!!! i'm in trouble with my quad.... i've changed my hobbywing quattro esc 4in1 with 4 rctimer simonk escs, can anyone help me with calibration!? I've tried with uncomment the line on the sketch but seems nothing useful happen!!! I have to calibrate each single esc by hand, connect it on the channel 3 on the radio and put throttle at full, and finally at min? Now when arm the quad, all the motor won't move or make some "knock" sound, like when the esc it's at limit of the min.... what can i do? Thanks!!

antslake

Re: Help on simonk esc calibration on crius aio pro v1.0

Post by antslake »

1. Undefine that comment like you did.
2. Unpower everything and remove props.
3. plug in battery while transmitter is full throttle with transmitter on
4. quickly after hearing a beep, reduce throttle to zero
5. listen for the beeps to notify you of a successful calibration, if not start over.
6. do not unplug battery
7. plug in USB
8 put the // in front of #define ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY
9 upload sketch
10 unpower everything

That should be it, now your ESC's are calibrated.

scrat

Post by scrat »

http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/wiki/ESCsCalibration

Edit: removed second link. The first one is ok and it's working.
Last edited by scrat on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

scrat wrote:http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/wiki/ESCsCalibration

http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... alibration

thats 99% ;-)
My 1%: the suggested 1064 for Minthrottle dont't work on my 20A RCT Simonk, I had to up it. I didn't test it with something in between, but 1111 instead of 1064 works for me.

20A RCT Simonk
2212/13 Suppo
Crius AIO V2
FrSky tx/rx

antslake

Post by antslake »

That method is over 1 year old before they implimented the #define ESB_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY.
There is no need to do it that way. But it will work.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

I am a little confused, i was under the impression that you did not need to calibrate simonk, I never calibrated mine from readytoflyquads.com and they have performed perfectly.

Mine are set at 1064 and always fire. but i dont buy from RCT, only because i hate waiting 3 weeks for delivery.

scrat

Post by scrat »

If you use simonk FW on ESC's, you don't need to calibrate them. But you must set in config.h minthrottle to 1064, maxthrottle 1864 and mincommand 1000 and you're good.

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

where do you get "set maxthrottle to 1864" from? I never read this and I thought SimonK's go the complete way from 1000 to 2000? Why Maxthrottle 1864? Is there any Reason for this?

scrat

Post by scrat »

Goetz wrote:where do you get "set maxthrottle to 1864" from? I never read this and I thought SimonK's go the complete way from 1000 to 2000? Why Maxthrottle 1864? Is there any Reason for this?

https://github.com/sim-/tgy

Throttle Calibration and Programming

Since the 2012-01-04 release, the input throttle range may be calibrated. This should be used whenever PWM input mode is used, including where external resonators are present, to set the usable throttle range.

The default range is set at the top of tgy.asm (stop at 1060us, full throttle at 1860us) and is not changed if no new value is saved to the EEPROM. However, boards without external oscillators (typically those which use tgy.hex) must use the internal RC oscillator on the Atmega8, which may be off by 5% - 10% between each board, and will also drift by 10% or more over a 40 degree Celsius temperature range. This can cause throttle differences between boards if not calibrated, and issues arming the ESC, particularly in cold environments.

Some flight boards may have automatic calibration procedures, or it may just be possible to set the min/max motor output to exactly match the ESC defaults listed above. ESCs with external resonators can use this method to avoid calibration. With a flight board such as the Naze32 running baseflight, the min/max can be set with CLI commands as follows:

set minthrottle=1064 set maxthrottle=1864