wishlist for v2.3

Plüschi

Re: wishlist for v2.3

Post by Plüschi »

I would really like to have the SBUS thing working in 2.3. We have done the patch but we cant write it to the "shared" version (because were not allowed), and i understand if its not in "shared" it wont be in 2.3 ?

We DO use SBUS on the orangerx R620 and better receivers. There is a 3$ inverter at HK, and if patched it works very fine, giving us a total of 12 (a dozen) channels. The advantage of DSM2 SBUS over a DSM2 SAT ist we got diversity. We may plug in one or two SAT in our orangerx DSM2 SBUS receivers and get diversity.

The prices of this orangerx stuff is simply unbeatable, and i like the serial transfer more than the frsky ppm-sum stuff. Besides, next frsky will have ... yes ... SBUS :)

So please some gentle soul cares about this patch? Last post here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3580

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

Another Sonar related one for the wish list:

Sonar/Baro sensor fusion.
- Sonar has been in _shared for a while but only with debug or beeper output.. Harakiri (baseflight fork) has an implementation in the latest release and I believe that there was some algorithm ideas too. Mentioned here: viewtopic.php?p=36872#p36603
Last edited by felixrising on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

QSXE

Post by QSXE »

Sonar would be great pleasure. :)

Optical flow would also be nice buy perhabs a bit much work.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Maybe the names of boxes and PID's can be changed to more "user friendly"?
Something like:
PID: PITCH, ROLL, YAW, ALT, PosSPEED, PosHOLD, Nav, LEVEL, MAG
BOXES: ANGLE, HORIZON, ALT HOLD, MAG HEAD LOCK,....

What do you think ?

Bart

AndrejLV

Post by AndrejLV »

It help for novices.

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

Many of the names are, for better or worse, conventions which are now found in multiple configuration gui's. Most of these names do make sense once you look at the code side of things. For instance, take a look at the nav and gps code.. once you understand, it makes a lot of sense they they have this name... not that a different name couldn't be implemented to make it easier on the uninitiated. http://i2c-gps-nav.googlecode.com/files/33-documentation.pdf

Changing conventions often just results in further confusion...

ezio

Post by ezio »

felixrising wrote:Many of the names are, for better or worse, conventions which are now found in multiple configuration gui's. Most of these names do make sense once you look at the code side of things. For instance, take a look at the nav and gps code.. once you understand, it makes a lot of sense they they have this name... not that a different name couldn't be implemented to make it easier on the uninitiated. http://i2c-gps-nav.googlecode.com/files/33-documentation.pdf

Changing conventions often just results in further confusion...

True
But if we want more and more people in our community GUI should be easy to understand.
And I (as a programmer) understand that names are code related. But how many people will dig in to the code ?

So could we make it at least consistent. Maybe we can avoid situation like now ie box for Altitude Hold is BARO and the PID settings are called Alt. They should have the same name, shouldn't they?

Or how should I know that PID Pos is used to set the speed?
And yes I know that I can read everything from document you linked in. But how many people can find it? As it is not a part of multiwii wiki.

So let's do something easy as changing the names to help others better and faster understand PIDs which are not obvious even without misleading names.

At least this is my opinion.
Bart

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

I agree.. Alexinparis, Hamburger, EOSBandi, et al.. calling all devs!

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

may I suggest you start a new thread on that topic and find the new list of all names everyone agrees on.
Please respect length limitations etc.

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

I suggest separating the acc part of the altitude hold from the baro part.

Why should people without baro not be able to use the acc for height stabilization? It does work pretty well once i did figure out the alt-hold D component is used as acc P component :)

Tvixen

Post by Tvixen »

Im using HK Mega2560 board w. GPS.

And it would be nice to see the GPS update rate in the GUI. So we can see if it's running 5Hz or 10Hz. (I'm sure it would be a easy peasy work for EOSbandi to do this :) )

And +1 if the Sonar could be a part of the GUI, so we could see it in the real time data screen. Not just as debug3.

Also it would be really nice to have integration to Spektrum's x-bus. So the TM1000 also could be used as transmitter for GPS, ATL, BARO etc etc.

Thx Tvixen

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

My wish:

Display 12 rc-channels, like EOSBandi in WinGUI does ....

fire

Post by fire »

My Wishes :

• multiple Spektrum Satellite Support w. diversity
  • user configurable Spektrum Satellite ports
  • support for 0-100% PWM output (with higher frequency) to drive Brushed motors with a FET instead of real ESCs
  • Charlieplexing for (AUX) Led Pins

kr

fire

NikTheGreek

Post by NikTheGreek »

Transition mode..maybe
from Helicopter to Airplane ?

Aki

Post by Aki »

My and my prother wish is like this:
http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/blogs ... d-feedback

I'm sorry for my bad english and good mid-June for all!

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Make the PID's readable in MultiWiiConf ....

instead of values noone understand use 0 ... 100%

wuzx

Post by wuzx »

Is that possible to add 2.4G module driver include control and state information for communicate between flight controller and computer or other devices.
2.4G modules like NRF905, NRF24L01, CC2500 etc.
Thanks

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Please implement the Alex.K-PID-Mod ... maybe as a selectable "#define ALEXK" - option ...

doppler

Post by doppler »

-ralf- wrote:Please implement the Alex.K-PID-Mod ... maybe as a selectable "#define ALEXK" - option ...

+1

Aki

Post by Aki »

-ralf- wrote:Make the PID's readable in MultiWiiConf ....

instead of values noone understand use 0 ... 100%

I could already buy parts from the U.S. :)

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

doppler wrote:
-ralf- wrote:Please implement the Alex.K-PID-Mod ... maybe as a selectable "#define ALEXK" - option ...

+1

+2

U.Sentenza

Post by U.Sentenza »

Plüschi wrote:
doppler wrote:

-ralf- wrote:
Please implement the Alex.K-PID-Mod ... maybe as a selectable "#define ALEXK" - option ...

+1

+2

+3

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

You can add all the numbers together you want, Hamburger beat you to it :)

https://code.google.com/p/multiwii/source/detail?r=1502

edit: changed to working commit.
Last edited by felixrising on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

doppler

Post by doppler »

felixrising wrote:You can add all the numbers together you want, Hamburger beat you to it :)

https://code.google.com/p/multiwii/source/detail?r=1501

w00t!! w00t!

scrat

Post by scrat »

If this was already posted I'm sorry. How about MAG DECLINATION settings in GUI?

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

scrat wrote:If this was already posted I'm sorry. How about MAG DECLINATION settings in GUI?

It's although part of the current dev ;)

scrat

Post by scrat »

-ralf- wrote:
scrat wrote:If this was already posted I'm sorry. How about MAG DECLINATION settings in GUI?

It's although part of the current dev ;)

:oops:

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

PID tuning together with the Ziegler-Nichols method on a Aux pot. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1701&start=30#p37557

EDIT: Without some improvement in regards to oscillation period measurement/detection, I'm not convinced this ballpark PID tuning method is ready.
Last edited by felixrising on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sorg

Post by sorg »

felixrising wrote:PID tuning together with the Ziegler-Nichols method on a Aux pot. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1701&start=30#p37557

+1 . It is simple and efficient (at least for gyro)

Aki

Post by Aki »

I wish all the amateurs on behalf of the following to 2.3: to ->
That wingui 2.3, it would be possible to trim each engine speed separately.
When you adjust the balance unprimed, even at home on the table.
I'm sorry to use the Google translator :) But you probably understand what I wish?
I will always be someone engines dragging two hundred rounds rotates more slowly than the other engines .....

scrat

Post by scrat »

Aki wrote:I will always be someone engines dragging two hundred rounds rotates more slowly than the other engines .....

This is normal behaviour. You can't achieve that all motors will rotate with the same RPM.

Aki

Post by Aki »

scrat wrote:
Aki wrote:I will always be someone engines dragging two hundred rounds rotates more slowly than the other engines .....

This is normal behaviour. You can't achieve that all motors will rotate with the same RPM.

Ok, I understand this. I have difficulties to stabilize the machine. It seems that my mw board is not properly stabilized. I yrrittänyt do it differently according to the instructions wingui for. And despite this, the machine goes their separate ways ...

Noctaro

Post by Noctaro »

Hey,
i would love to see some dampening at mode change.
We have some unpredictable moves if we switch back to acro from any levelmode.
Why? Most times in windy conditions you will have to lean your quad against the wind, to not drift off.
Activating acro does change the behaviour of our copters in a few millisecounds. Resetting your control sticks most times will have a lot higher duration. Maybe not if you are warthox :p
It is fine that copter reacts fast to activating levelmode. But in my oppinion switching back to acro isnt safe. I thought of reducing RC rate for around 500ms after modeswitch was activated. But i really dont know, how hard it is to integrate.
Hope we find some solution.

Greetz Noc

alll

Post by alll »

scary wishlist..., lets focus first on "rock solid" PID control loops, gps HOLD, and easy to tune them ("more/less" via transmitter?)
Only once this is done, add special features...
IMHO
manu

Noctaro

Post by Noctaro »

pew pew...sry dindt want to scare you, was just an intention :D
greetz Noc

scrat

Post by scrat »

Aki wrote:
scrat wrote:

Ok, I understand this. I have difficulties to stabilize the machine. It seems that my mw board is not properly stabilized. I yrrittänyt do it differently according to the instructions wingui for. And despite this, the machine goes their separate ways ...

When you calibrate ACC...board must be level. Then when you go flying...first fly in acro mode and trim copter to be almost perfect. Then turn on level mode and fly to see where copter wants to drift....land and trim ACC with sticks. Board must be UNARMED...throttle all the way up and then trim ACC with rudder and pitch stick.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

alll wrote:scary wishlist..., lets focus first on "rock solid" PID control loops, gps HOLD, and easy to tune them ("more/less" via transmitter?)
Only once this is done, add special features...

Wrong.

we been through this before, more than once.
This is a wishlist to collect new features/ideas, whatever those may be. This has _NO_ corrrelation with actual development/improvement.
From page 1 of this wishlist:
Please keep in mind this is a wishlist - not an order form. Chances are, reasonable wishes get picked up by developers, but no guarantees.

So everyone, you are invited to express ideas and wishes for features or else. There is no limit, especially not any preset order on what comes first - unless you got a developer on your payroll.

haydent

Post by haydent »

• Addition of current to serial protocol (mAh currently there but want mA too)
  • Addition of 2nd voltage reading, through chosen pin, and integration into serial protocol (for eg video voltage)
  • Constant climb/decend mode for camera work (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwzQfovzzaI)
thanks

btw is there a way i can make the patches for these and submit them ?

ragedavis

Post by ragedavis »

Hey there!

Having a look at my FPV gear, another thing just came to my mind:
A different mode for the gimbal control, supporting pan/tilt camera mount and a signal from a headtracker, transmitted via R/C radio and (PPM sum) reciever.
Possibly with an optional switch for nick compenastion.

Greeting Rage

Sebbi

Post by Sebbi »

ragedavis wrote:Hey there!

Having a look at my FPV gear, another thing just came to my mind:
A different mode for the gimbal control, supporting pan/tilt camera mount and a signal from a headtracker, transmitted via R/C radio and (PPM sum) reciever.
Possibly with an optional switch for nick compenastion.

Greeting Rage

This is already possible when you choose AUX channels to control pan/tilt. Those AUX channels can be easily transmitted from your headtracker via teacher/student connection ...

Andy7

Post by Andy7 »

My tx doesn't have a signal to the nanowii for signal loss, so how about a safe bubble to prevent fly-away where the craft won't go outside a certain user defined range, or just height if you have a baro or similar.

Might have a go at setting a height ceiling myself as I'm terrified of losing my bird!

scrat

Post by scrat »

I think you can use advanced headfree mode in config.h. I think it is implemented in dev version r1539.

trello

Post by trello »

How about a HEAD_FIRST mode? Instead of Headfree where the head is always pointing in the same direction it would turn towards where it is flying. Yaw stick controls heading like headfree but pitch and roll would be relative to flight direction. I think it would be more intuitive to fly than headfree and it could be a first step to add collision detection on flight path.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Save and load the AUX-Settings too from/to GUI from/to .mwi-file ....

fryefryefrye

Post by fryefryefrye »

trello wrote:How about a HEAD_FIRST mode? Instead of Headfree where the head is always pointing in the same direction it would turn towards where it is flying. Yaw stick controls heading like headfree but pitch and roll would be relative to flight direction. I think it would be more intuitive to fly than headfree and it could be a first step to add collision detection on flight path.

Just trun on MAG, you can have it.

JDD

Post by JDD »

I think it would be cool to activate or deactivate flight modes like GPS hold, angle, RTH, etc from one of the serial ports. In other words if I'm flying with ez-gui + transmitter or similar I'd like to have the ability to flip on features that aren't checked or available with my 6 channel radio.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

compilation in post #1 updated.
step1 of preparation for v2.3 release

jevermeister

Post by jevermeister »

Hi,
where can I find the code for the three warning stages for power consumption?
It is not properly included in alarms.cpp in shared trunk, so is it even coded yet?

Nils

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

my bad (cut n paste). Not implemented yet. list in post #1 corrected.

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

How about mag-less HH or HF like my pocketquad has?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt. ... 1381233971