Problem with upload to SE FC board

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
jimh

Problem with upload to SE FC board

Post by jimh »

Hi Folks

I've got a couple of multis, but this is my first Multiwii FC. I have a ZMR MultiWii SE V 0.2. When I try to upload the sketch, I get the following Error Message; avrdude: stk500-getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help.

Jim

scrat

Re: Problem with upload to SE FC board

Post by scrat »

jimh wrote:Hi Folks

I've got a couple of multis, but this is my first Multiwii FC. I have a ZMR MultiWii SE V 0.2. When I try to upload the sketch, I get the following Error Message; avrdude: stk500-getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help.

Jim

Did you set right atmel proc in Arduino?

jimh

Post by jimh »

Hi Scrat;

I'm not sure what 'atmel proc' is, so I'm guessing no. Is this the setting under Tools-Boards- where they list about 20 Arduino boards? I tried a few different settings there and always got the same error message. I believe I just don't have it set up right, so a little push in the right direction would be helpful.

Jim

copterlein

Post by copterlein »

ZMR is for sure not a precise description. A link would clearly helpful if you want somebody to help you. Anyway Google reveals that is seems to be a Crius SE This would make it a pro mini board.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-MWC-MultiWii-SE-V2-Multi-Copter-Flight-Control-Board-w-FTDI-USB-/261018785499?
Watch out for different sensor versions though.
There seem to be versions with the newer MPU6050 sensor (Acc and Gyro in one) "HK_MultiWii_SE_V2" mostly in Green and blue (SE V2.0) or the older version with separate ACC and GYRO (ITG3205 three-axis digital gyroscope, BMA180 triaxial accelerometer) usually in black
http://www.banggood.com/MWC-MultiWii-SE-V2_0-Multi-Copter-4-Axis-Main-Flight-Control-Board-image-p50516-i3461.html = CRIUS_SE
The later one I would not name V2.0 as banggood does but according to the pictures it is labled as V0.2 as you named it. It would be the original Crius_SE in this case.
Picture of the backside: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756969

In Arduino it would be a board with ATmega328 with 16 Mhz, 5V such as Nano w ATmega328 or Pro Mini w ATmega328

jimh

Post by jimh »

Hi Folks;

The board is a MultiWii SE. It is a full size 50mmX50mm board. As far as appearance, it matches the pictures of the Crius MultiWii SE board. Being a full size board, I believe that precludes any chance that it is an SE V2. Appearently, this was made by ZMR ? rather than Crius. I don't know if that is an issue, but I selected the Crius SE board in the config h file.

Jim

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

If it's a Crius MultiWii SE clone it Should be.
Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328

jimh

Post by jimh »

Hi Folks;

I took your advice, and fixed a couple of other things that I had done wrong, and it looks like success. I'm going to try it with a pack and transmitter ( no props of course) and we'll see what happens there. Thanks again for the help.

Jim

Polleke

Post by Polleke »

Hi,

I got the same " avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" problem. :twisted:
The board will not UPload.
Searched the net for the last few days, but could not find any solution (yet)
Board (Arduino pro mini 328) and com port are set right, so.....

Anyone know how to RESET the Crius SE board, because there's no reset button on it. :idea:

Paul