MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:08 am

mahowik wrote:I suppose this solution will work viewtopic.php?f=8&t=649&p=32028#p32028

i.e. Android device+BT <==air==> BT_module<-->uart<-->long range modem (like 3DR roborics) <==air==> 3DR modem<-->uart<-->copter


right now it is the only solution.
but I finally got a tablet with usb host so as soon as I receive a USB OTG cable I will try to implement direct connection via usb.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby juanquy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:33 am

YAY!!!!!!! do you already bought the OTG cable ? I think I have 2 or 3 here in my cave.
juanquy
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:16 am

juanquy wrote:YAY!!!!!!! do you already bought the OTG cable ? I think I have 2 or 3 here in my cave.

Yes I ordered it. I have Samsung galaxy tab 2 and it has a stupid 30 pin connector instead of USB micro.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby scrat » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:19 am

ezio wrote:
juanquy wrote:YAY!!!!!!! do you already bought the OTG cable ? I think I have 2 or 3 here in my cave.

Yes I ordered it. I have Samsung galaxy tab 2 and it has a stupid 30 pin connector instead of USB micro.


30 pin connector on Tab2 is a must. Because Micro USB can't provide enough power for charging battery. One guy from Samsung in my country told me.
scrat
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby juanquy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:07 am

He is right, my plan is buy this cheapo Table to use at the field :
http://www.tmart.com/10.1-Capacitive-To ... 68668.html
It have a Host USB type A so it will be easy plug a APC220 or 3DR radios
juanquy
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:38 am

Hi,

I'm also interrested in!!!
I have an Advent Vega with custom 4.0.4 ROM, and USB-A with host mode possibilities (I can play videos directly from USB pendrive, to HDMI output... :D ).
So this definitelly could be used with 3DR!

Maybe a tablet layout also would be great for 10' tablets... ;)

BR
Adrian
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby juanquy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:54 pm

I agreed about the Tablet layout. It could be a option in Ez GUI Config Menu.
juanquy
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi,

it looks like FTDI has support for USB ftdi devices!!!
http://www.ftdichip.com/Android.htm

Bart, what do you think about using FTDI UART/TTL for general MWI connection? (could be used for either 3DR modules, direct cable connection, XBEE or any other UART/TTL compatible methods...)
And I think many of us already have an USB FTDI mobule around.

This FTDI solution can be used for any android devices with USB HOST mode support.

BR
Adrian
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby juanquy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:14 am

Well sorry if I sound stupid but I need to understand what do you means.
MWI already use UART/TTL for comm
juanquy
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:44 am

nhadrian wrote:Hi,

it looks like FTDI has support for USB ftdi devices!!!
http://www.ftdichip.com/Android.htm

Bart, what do you think about using FTDI UART/TTL for general MWI connection? (could be used for either 3DR modules, direct cable connection, XBEE or any other UART/TTL compatible methods...)
And I think many of us already have an USB FTDI mobule around.

This FTDI solution can be used for any android devices with USB HOST mode support.

BR
Adrian


Yes, yesterday I started to research about this subject.
When I receive my cable I'll try to implement it.

And for now there will be no tablet layout.
It is easy to say but hard to do.
Maybe in the future I will make one layout with everything on the screen.

Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby copterrichie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:46 am

ezio wrote:
Yes, yesterday I started to research about this subject.
When I receive my cable I'll try to implement it.

And for now there will be no tablet layout.
It is easy to say but hard to do.
Maybe in the future I will make one layout with everything on the screen.

Bart


Amen!!!
copterrichie
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:55 am

Btw
How the tablet UI should look like in your opinion?
I'm just curious.

Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby juanquy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:54 am

Here is a link "Supporting Multiple Screen"
http://developer.android.com/guide/prac ... pport.html
and I love the actual GUI.
juanquy
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby copterrichie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:02 am

juanquy wrote:Here is a link "Supporting Multiple Screen"
http://developer.android.com/guide/prac ... pport.html
and I love the actual GUI.


Much easier in Processing but I digress. ;)
copterrichie
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:46 am

What do you think about this ?
device-2013-03-20-004549.png
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby copterrichie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 am

That is really Very Extremely NICE!
copterrichie
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby flyrobot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:38 am

Hi Ezio,

This app make me buy new android phone, i really love this app, i thank to you for your great job.

If you can port this app to IOS iPAD/iphone, i might the first person buy the app.

John (wahyu)
flyrobot
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:42 am

flyrobot wrote:Hi Ezio,

This app make me buy new android phone, i really love this app, i thank to you for your great job.

If you can port this app to IOS iPAD/iphone, i might the first person buy the app.

John (wahyu)

Sorry I'm not apple guy
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby flyrobot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:52 am

I have several DIY multirotor even DJi and MK, But from all, I like MWI (the most active forum and stable), Autoquad (the most accurate platform) and APM2.5 (arduino base and many features), last two using mavlink, but no from them has app as good as yours.

So, I think it will be more stronger if this app can have mavlink, so all three multirotor can use this app.

Thanks,

John
flyrobot
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby klaudius666 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi. And thanks for this android software.

Is EZ GUI supporting the new Multiwii 2.2 release ?
klaudius666
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:59 pm

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:20 pm

klaudius666 wrote:Hi. And thanks for this android software.

Is EZ GUI supporting the new Multiwii 2.2 release ?

Of course
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:23 pm

flyrobot wrote:I have several DIY multirotor even DJi and MK, But from all, I like MWI (the most active forum and stable), Autoquad (the most accurate platform) and APM2.5 (arduino base and many features), last two using mavlink, but no from them has app as good as yours.

So, I think it will be more stronger if this app can have mavlink, so all three multirotor can use this app.

Thanks,

John

I tried mavlink once. One guy wanted to pay me for application which supports mavlink. But this protocol is so complex and I don't understand it well.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby flyrobot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi Ezio,

I understand the effort is not easy, i hope more android coder willing to support develop this app. do you have plan to make this app support mavlink? and maybe you make two version of this app, paid version with mavlink (compatible with MWI, autoquad and APM) and opensource version just for MWI.

Thanks,

John
flyrobot
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:15 am

flyrobot wrote:Hi Ezio,

I understand the effort is not easy, i hope more android coder willing to support develop this app. do you have plan to make this app support mavlink? and maybe you make two version of this app, paid version with mavlink (compatible with MWI, autoquad and APM) and opensource version just for MWI.

Thanks,

John

Maybe in the future.
Right now I don't have hardware to test mavlink.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:16 am

Maybe someone know what units are uses in vario?
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:38 am

ezio wrote:Maybe someone know what units are uses in vario?


Hi, cm/s is the unit for vario.

I think a ymall indicator would be even more useful like print out the number.
Ie. a circle when vario is 0 (between +-5 cm/s for deadband), and draw an arrow over or under the circle if rising/descending.
Could be even put on map view...

BR
Adrian
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:24 am

nhadrian wrote:
ezio wrote:Maybe someone know what units are uses in vario?


Hi, cm/s is the unit for vario.

I think a ymall indicator would be even more useful like print out the number.
Ie. a circle when vario is 0 (between +-5 cm/s for deadband), and draw an arrow over or under the circle if rising/descending.
Could be even put on map view...

BR
Adrian


Hi
I'm cooking something new. New Dashboard.
But I have another project going so you will have to wait for it.
Here is a sneak peek.
device-2013-03-23-042039.png
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby copterrichie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:45 am

Ok, you win!! lol

Are you going to add Wifi/TCP/IP support?
copterrichie
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:53 pm

copterrichie wrote:Ok, you win!! lol

Are you going to add Wifi/TCP/IP support?


I think this will have to wait.
USB->rs232 first

but if you can prepare file like this https://github.com/eziosoft/MultiWii_EZ ... mw/BT.java for wifi so I can just replace/add it to the project.

Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Today I have uploaded new version.
Changes are only in dashboard 2.
And I'm not sure if it works.
Can someone confirm it ?

thanks
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Nicksdesign » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:31 am

I tried the new dashboard 2 this afternoon. The display showed the artificial horizon 'instrument' face on the left and the usual text on the right. The other three instrument displays were absent.

However, please check the pitch data handling. Dashboard 1 showed -17* and Dashboard 2 showed -1*. My quad was sitting level at the time. Saddly, Dash 1 was what the FC thought was correct: bad crash.

Nick

EDIT: My appologies, I got this wrong. See my next post.
Last edited by Nicksdesign on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicksdesign
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:49 am

Re: Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby shikra » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:10 am

very cool.....
ezio wrote:
nhadrian wrote:
ezio wrote:Maybe someone know what units are uses in vario?


Hi, cm/s is the unit for vario.

I think a ymall indicator would be even more useful like print out the number.
Ie. a circle when vario is 0 (between +-5 cm/s for deadband), and draw an arrow over or under the circle if rising/descending.
Could be even put on map view...

BR
Adrian


Hi
I'm cooking something new. New Dashboard.
But I have another project going so you will have to wait for it.
Here is a sneak peek.
device-2013-03-23-042039.png
User avatar
shikra
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Can anyone explain me why people keep asking me when will be the update compatible with multiwii 2.2?

Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Nicksdesign wrote:However, please check the pitch data handling. Dashboard 1 showed -17* and Dashboard 2 showed -1*. My quad was sitting level at the time. Saddly, Dash 1 was what the FC thought was correct: bad crash.

Nick


I have checked it and it works correctly.

Can anyone else confirm this ?
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:09 am

finally
I have usb serial working with my app !!
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Nicksdesign » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:37 am

Ezio, my apologies for my bad information in my last post. I have re-looked, today, at both dashboard screens and both are consistent and appear correct.

But, I think the reason I was reading the display wrong is because that data labels are closer to the wrong value than they are to the correct value. For example, the Pitch label is closer to the roll value than it is to the pitch value and this leads me to automatically associate the Pitch label to the roll value even when I know the correct association. Any time I look briefly at the screen, I'm associating the label to the wrong value. Next time you are editing the Dashboard 2 code, consider increasing the spacing so the data label is closer to its data than the other label is.

That said, I really like the application and appreciate all of your hard work.

Nick
Nicksdesign
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:49 am

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:55 am

Nicksdesign wrote:Ezio, my apologies for my bad information in my last post. I have re-looked, today, at both dashboard screens and both are consistent and appear correct.

But, I think the reason I was reading the display wrong is because that data labels are closer to the wrong value than they are to the correct value. For example, the Pitch label is closer to the roll value than it is to the pitch value and this leads me to automatically associate the Pitch label to the roll value even when I know the correct association. Any time I look briefly at the screen, I'm associating the label to the wrong value. Next time you are editing the Dashboard 2 code, consider increasing the spacing so the data label is closer to its data than the other label is.

That said, I really like the application and appreciate all of your hard work.

Nick

You are probably right. I'll keep this in mind.
Thanks
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby jrt4fun » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:41 am

Ezio,

Good news to hear that the serial USB is working.
Just received my Crius AIO with GPS and ready to hook up the 3DR radio.
I'll be happy to test it.

Regards
jrt4fun
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Watz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:06 pm

... I truly love this piece of software and it helps me in many ways.
I take any update, but this might be the problem I have.
At this time I have a small issue with the graph-en display.
The only graph I can still see is the z-axis from the ACC.

Also PIDs send by eMail is not working for me,
have a Mail send but no PIDs inside,
but thats no real problem for me.

... and No, I have not forgotten to switch them on ;-).
User avatar
Watz
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:41 am

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Watz wrote:...

Also PIDs send by eMail is not working for me,
have a Mail send but no PIDs inside,
but thats no real problem for me.

... and No, I have not forgotten to switch them on ;-).

You have to first save a profile.then selected profile is send.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:03 pm

jrt4fun wrote:Ezio,

Good news to hear that the serial USB is working.
Just received my Crius AIO with GPS and ready to hook up the 3DR radio.
I'll be happy to test it.

Regards

I will try to release it tomorrow.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:22 pm

I have just posted new version. should be available from google play in few hours.
Main change is USB Serial port support.
*Only FTDI chips are supported.
*No root required.
*Android version greater or equal to 3.1 (it will not work on 2.2, 2.3 etc (froyo))
*You have to have USB host and USB OTG cable.
Settings are in config.
I tested it on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and it works very good. and it is much faster then Bluetooth.
Application should automatically start when you plug your FTDI device in.

For those who can't (or don't have google play) wait here is the link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80566205/MultiWiiEZGUI.apk

Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Watz » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 pm

... even with the new update

I have the issue with the graph-en display.
The only graph I can still see is the z-axis from the ACC.

Am I the ony one?

It was working sone weeks ago ....
User avatar
Watz
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:41 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 am

Watz wrote:... even with the new update

I have the issue with the graph-en display.
The only graph I can still see is the z-axis from the ACC.

Am I the ony one?

It was working sone weeks ago ....


sorry haven't got a time to look at it

Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby confi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:44 am

hello,
i've just installed the 3.30 version. When i launch the app, it stucks. Android says " unfortunately, MultiWii EZ-Gui has stopped. "
Trying several downloads to see if the app was broken or not, but i have the same message.

My phone : Xperia X8 under CyanogenMod Mini CM10 4.1.0 Shakira. Version android : 4.1.2.

The previous EZ-Gui version worked fine.

Could you please poste a 3.2 apk?

Merci d'avance.
confi
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:32 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:57 am

yes I know about it.
Application was wrong compiled.
Just wait for the update. It will be available in couple of hours.

Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby jrt4fun » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi ezio,

Just tested your app with USB support.
I hooked a 3DR radio up to my Galaxy tab2 via the OTG cable and connection to the quad was just fine.
However when scrolling between the tabs I noticed the app stops responding and reports "MultiWii EZ-Gui has stopped".
Apart from that it is very nice to have the serial connection up and running :)
Very nice job indeed

Regards
jrt4fun
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby scrat » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:05 pm

ezio wrote:I have just posted new version. should be available from google play in few hours.
Main change is USB Serial port support.
*Only FTDI chips are supported.
*No root required.
*Android version greater or equal to 3.1 (it will not work on 2.2, 2.3 etc (froyo))
*You have to have USB host and USB OTG cable.
Settings are in config.
I tested it on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and it works very good. and it is much faster then Bluetooth.
Application should automatically start when you plug your FTDI device in.

For those who can't (or don't have google play) wait here is the link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80566205/MultiWiiEZGUI.apk

Bart


But latest version works fine just with bluetooth on all 2.x+ Android?
scrat
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 am
Location: Slovenia

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:28 pm

scrat wrote:
ezio wrote:I have just posted new version. should be available from google play in few hours.
Main change is USB Serial port support.
*Only FTDI chips are supported.
*No root required.
*Android version greater or equal to 3.1 (it will not work on 2.2, 2.3 etc (froyo))
*You have to have USB host and USB OTG cable.
Settings are in config.
I tested it on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and it works very good. and it is much faster then Bluetooth.
Application should automatically start when you plug your FTDI device in.

For those who can't (or don't have google play) wait here is the link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80566205/MultiWiiEZGUI.apk

Bart


But latest version works fine just with bluetooth on all 2.x+ Android?

it should work as always with versions below 3.1. And there should be no info available in config about serial port.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby tryss » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:59 am

Question : do you plan to make it work on OSX for mac users ?
tryss
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:01 am

PreviousNext

Return to Software development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest

cron