FPV Blues

PonoBill

FPV Blues

Post by PonoBill »

I've been flying my Quadcopter (Scarab QUAD X Stealth-FPV Reconn) visually for a while, but it's time to get the FPV working. I bought Carbonbird goggles and powered up the transmitter on the copter. I get indication of a carrier but no video (some channels have a non-static screen). I tried playing with the channel select DIPs on the transmitter, and I can move the non-static screen to different channels, but still no video. I've disconnected everything and checked the integrity of the wiring, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to tell if the camera is working (the Sony color camera supplied with the kit).

Any help and/or suggestions would be helpful. I also haven't figured out what DIP switch setting choose which channels. The sticker on the transmitter is not very helpful.

PonoBill

Re: FPV Blues

Post by PonoBill »

I've experimented some more, connected a GoPro camera in place of the little sony one that comes with the reconn. With that connected I get some kind of signal--a rolling, unsynced picture I guess, with lots of flashes and random stuff. moving the camera changes the video though it's not really recognizable. I can see some recognizable color. The transmitter is the ts351 video transmitter I suspect, or some variation of that. The goggles I bought are supposed to be compatible. I have another 5.8 Mhz receiver and a car back seat video monitor--can't get anything with that either. Connecting power to the transmitter causes that video monitor to wake briefly, but just blue screen, and then it goes off.

Sure is frustrating.

crashlander

Re: FPV Blues

Post by crashlander »

Hello,
you are probably on the wrong forum for FPV video specific stuff! :)

But! Have you tried to change video system/standard in your GoPro (PAL to NTSC or into other direction)?

Regards
Andrej

Mystic3D

FPV Blues

Post by Mystic3D »

The switch settings on the Tx in all the manuals on mine were wrong.
Set SW1 on Tx to ON, all others Off.
See if you get a picture..