Post by Gimbal »

Hi, where can i get the FC, dose it support sbus, ublox etc
Anders

unfaix

Re: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by unfaix »

Gimbal wrote:Hi, where can i get the FC, dose it support sbus, ublox etc
Anders

Click here: http://bit.ly/TlHUFE First link.

LeoWie

Post by LeoWie »

@ Gimbal: read post 1.

icedfusion

Post by icedfusion »

Hi TC,
I contacted you via your 'store contact us' about one of my order and some missing parts - is this the best way to contact you?

Cheers

ice.

timecop

Post by timecop »

Yeah , I just replied. Sorry, weekend and all.

JUERGEN_

Post by JUERGEN_ »

LeoWie wrote:I'm out testing r209. Thx got it. No problems so far...
Edit 1: GPS hold + home works :) Video later.

~~~ Edit 2 ~~~

Test Report r209 Summary:
... it was a windy day (12+km/h ...) and Rabbit GPS on a Naze32 with Test r209 ... WORKS FINE. :)

... and more (sorry @ Rabbit):
The Naze32 GPS Hold + Home (with a Rabbit GPS Module) is better than that from Rabbit FC ever was.
I am ABSOLUTELY SURE in this point, because I have been testing at this location 50+ times with all my copters ... and 3 different Rabbits.

... and after 2 lipos something inside me began to trust in this GPS software + hardware configuration: there was no problem.

In the moment I can not say, if there should be adjustment in some GPS parameters (there was too much wind).
But if there is wind like today I want the setting like it is.

Many thanks to TimeCop + MutliWii + the "GPS Task Force" ;-)

See the test vid (sorry: a wingcam in my mouth only - quality):
http://youtu.be/nPzfuw4eYlA

All data is shared / attached.

Hello,

Now what are your current parameter
CLI?
etc.
:?:

KC Flyer

Post by KC Flyer »

Trying to get telemetry set up on the Naze32 FC with the free adapter. I feel like I've spent lots of time so far modding my 9x and just want this "last" part to be a little easier.

I have a modded 9x running Open9x with a DIY DHT module modded for telemetry. I'm using a D8R-II Plus RX with the free adapter plugged into the digital port as well as the Tx connection on the FC. I have the LiPo also connected to the FC for VBAT. I added the "feature telemetry" in the CLI as well.

The A1 display works fine showing the RX voltage
A2 shows a number but not sure why (nothing connected to port)???
Tx and Rx signal values look reasonable.

But I don't see any data from the FC

So......I'm guessing I need to learn another set of skills to get this part working? Where do I go to find out how to configure everything else to get a VBAT and maybe altitude displayed to the 9x LCD?

Thanks!

LeoWie

Post by LeoWie »

JUERGEN_ wrote:
LeoWie wrote:I'm out testing r209. Thx got it. No problems so far...
Edit 1: GPS hold + home works :) Video later.

~~~ Edit 2 ~~~

Test Report r209 Summary:
... it was a windy day (12+km/h ...) and Rabbit GPS on a Naze32 with Test r209 ... WORKS FINE. :)

... and more (sorry @ Rabbit):
The Naze32 GPS Hold + Home (with a Rabbit GPS Module) is better than that from Rabbit FC ever was.
I am ABSOLUTELY SURE in this point, because I have been testing at this location 50+ times with all my copters ... and 3 different Rabbits.

... and after 2 lipos something inside me began to trust in this GPS software + hardware configuration: there was no problem.

In the moment I can not say, if there should be adjustment in some GPS parameters (there was too much wind).
But if there is wind like today I want the setting like it is.

Many thanks to TimeCop + MutliWii + the "GPS Task Force" ;-)

See the test vid (sorry: a wingcam in my mouth only - quality):
http://youtu.be/nPzfuw4eYlA

All data is shared / attached.

Hello,

Now what are your current parameter
CLI?
etc.
:?:

Hi Jürgen,

my most important GPS mod in CLI is "set nav_controls_heading = 0". No additional GPS CLI tuning till now ... and now winter is coming + the test intervalls go down.

... but built a (not published in detail) HEX6X w 9CH TX for presentations ( http://fotodrohnewien.wordpress.com/ related), and I am really happy to can do it with MultiWii software + Naze32 hardware (and not with chinese grabjunkware any more :mrgreen: ).

So here is my last CLI's:

CLI for a Hex6X copter w GPS + Cam stab+control (example):

Code: Select all

r237
--- modis (copy template) ---
set p_pitch = 35
set p_roll = 35
set d_pitch = 25
set d_roll = 25
mixer HEX6X
feature MOTOR_STOP
feature GPS
set gps_type = 1
set gps_baudrate = 38400
set nav_controls_heading = 0
set gimbal_flags = 5
feature ppm
feature servo_tilt
set servo_pwm_rate = 100
set gimbal_roll_min = 820
set gimbal_roll_max = 2200
set gimbal_roll_gain = 30
set gimbal_pitch_mid = 1450
set gimbal_roll_mid = 1460
Attachments
TX_Hex6Xy_20121124.jpg
skizze_hex6xy.JPG
(23.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Hex6Xy_1_640px.jpg
Last edited by LeoWie on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

@LeoWie: Nice "Hexakäfer"!

@all: Has anyone tried running openpilot software on naze32 ?? I don't see a big hardwaredifference between both platforms besides SPI.
Where is the problem?

So long
Crashpilot

LeoWie

Post by LeoWie »

@ Crashpilot1000: thx + no - "HEX6Xy" is his name (speak "Hex-Sex-XXX-y") :lol:

vineet_p

Post by vineet_p »

Uhh.. Yet another problem for me..
My Naze32 was working alright for the last few weeks and today the GUI shows no sensor and Rx data. (No crashes/anything)
1) No sensor or Rx data on GUI.
2) Only blue LED during startup, the green LED doesn't flicker.

So I proceeded for firmware re-flash.
1) I can see the board on COM7 in the Device Manager
2) The Hercules software is unable to make it enter BOOTLOADER mode.
3) I tried the other method (shorting the bootloader pads), but even this isn't working.

I have also tried using Nicodh's Naze32 configurator... even that doesn't work...
:(

What do you guys suggest I do?

I hope my board is NOT DEAD...

RyanThomas

Post by RyanThomas »

ooi6 wrote:
RyanThomas wrote:Old Green PCB Version
I am battling to get my spektrum sat recognised after R209, tried R213,R216,R220,R230,R237
Is there a limit to what release I can use on the older HW?

What's your actual problem? I found that there is a mismatch between the WinGUI and the baseflight (which was covered in much earlier posts - when r209 came out) which details that actually, RTH is the ARM line in the settings. Though, if you can't get any radio inputs to display in the GUI then it could be a totally different issue. If it just won't arm, then check the last RTH line box in WinGUI and see if that makes it work. Still waiting on the WinGUI to be updated (afaik).

How you doing
I can't get any radio inputs in the GUI, looks like the spektrum sat support is broken.
I did buy a FrySky module but have not had time to set it up, so no biggie.

vineet_p

Post by vineet_p »

Guys, no reply for me...?

Lapino

AW: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by Lapino »

Try to contact TC directly via his store. I'm sorry I can't help you but I'm sure he will ;-)

timecop

Post by timecop »

I've told you long time ago you fried it, there's nothing else that can be done.

vineet_p

Post by vineet_p »

Okay... :( Thanks for confirming.
Last edited by vineet_p on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

lnquang

Post by lnquang »

hi, can i power the board on an 1s lipo (3.6v) ? thx

timecop

Post by timecop »

Yes. Been done by others. Make sure your receiver can also run off 3.x V.
STM32 is good down to about 2.8V, sensors, maybe around 3V.

timecop

Post by timecop »

vineet_p wrote:Okay... :( Thanks for confirming.

You can snail mail it to me and I'll swap the processor, but chances are if you managed to fry it once, you'll probably do it again... and it won't look as pretty. Address details, etc are on the site.

thebgrian

Post by thebgrian »

Just wanted to check if somebody is using WiiESC flashed ESCs with the Naze32 and what settings are you using from the pre-configured ones.
Is there a big difference between Simonk and WiiESC?

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

hello

I have my second naze32 after lost one quad... but know setting this one (in a tricopter), it does not recognize the channel 1, i have no roll imput. I have tried to reflashing it with hercules and withh the flash loader, and it worked once until a closed the multiwii gui, but it does not work again.
Somebody knows what i can check now? the rest of the channels are working just fine.

thanks

timecop

Post by timecop »

There are no "channel 1" or "roll", this is configurable by "MAP" command.
Especially considering default settings of ch1 is NOT roll anyway, so that means you screwed with map command, mind posting your current channel mapping then?

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

I don´t know what happened but it works perfect now :shock:

i don´t knwo if it matter but when it didn´t work, the board seem to be touching one screw on the botton, at that metal part near to the RC imput.. i don´t know, now its free of any contact

thanks anyway TC

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

timecop wrote:There are no "channel 1" or "roll", this is configurable by "MAP" command.
Especially considering default settings of ch1 is NOT roll anyway, so that means you screwed with map command, mind posting your current channel mapping then?

if i have regular imput to the FC one wire per connection, aileron correspond with roll, that is one channel one?? or not? on the naze correspond with 1

timecop

Post by timecop »

Perhaps you want to have a nice look at the manual linked from first post!

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

no thanks, i already know it, XD

i always check the pdf rev when i have to mess with the imput on the board to not blow it

thebgrian

Post by thebgrian »

Is it possible to use a headtracker with PPM-SUM? Is there a way to pass aux3 and aux4 to output pins to control the servos?

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

Somebody knows what i have to change in settings to reverse the yaw gain? where is it call, yaw gain or something liket this? i can´t find it.
it is compensating in the wrong way , and my TRIcopter spin around..

thanks

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

got it. Unmark the yaw direction block and reverse the rudder
(on Naze32 wii configurator for mac, its -1 )

timecop

Post by timecop »

thebgrian wrote:Is it possible to use a headtracker with PPM-SUM? Is there a way to pass aux3 and aux4 to output pins to control the servos?

sure, you can pass through aux1..4 to the bottom 4 channels on RC connector, its one of the gimbalflags I believe.
You'd have to read to source to see if it does what you want though.

You want to do say channels 7,8 of PPM going out to servos?
Pretty sure thats what forward aux gimbal flag does.

thebgrian

Post by thebgrian »

Sounds good. That is exactly what I wanted to do. Will test and post the results.

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

hi again, i setting up my old tricopter (before naze it had KK), i don´t know if i may ask this here, but i can´t get the acc adjust with the sticks. While dissarm, full throttle and full back elevator, to calibrate acc. To trim it, full throttle and right stick to compensate the movement. The light on the naze will do a new flash. with my old (and lost naxe this worked), i already checked the D/R and EPA of my TX, something more to try??

also, it flyes very good now with Acro mode after some pid moves, a lot of D. But in acc mode it osciles more and make it unflyable (plus not acc trim), i have to reduce the acc gain in cli?

thebgrian

Post by thebgrian »

If you haven't tried already set looptime = 3000 and set acc_lpf = 100 or more. This should help with the acc and horizon mode.

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

Yes i tried after I post that message, and yes It flies better, maybe a need down a little more P, but in Acro is perfect, maybe a bit less.
But the main problem is to not be able to trim the acc or calibrate through sticks commands

timecop

Post by timecop »

Your RC endpoints should be 1000..2000,,, if it's not activating acctrim you're probably way below that.
This stuff IS in the manual, or at least in general multiwii wiki.
Your first step should be endpoints to 1000..2000 and subtrim center to 1500 (or 1520 on futaba).

rreims

Post by rreims »

KC Flyer wrote:Trying to get telemetry set up on the Naze32 FC with the free adapter. I feel like I've spent lots of time so far modding my 9x and just want this "last" part to be a little easier.

I have a modded 9x running Open9x with a DIY DHT module modded for telemetry. I'm using a D8R-II Plus RX with the free adapter plugged into the digital port as well as the Tx connection on the FC. I have the LiPo also connected to the FC for VBAT. I added the "feature telemetry" in the CLI as well.

So......I'm guessing I need to learn another set of skills to get this part working? Where do I go to find out how to configure everything else to get a VBAT and maybe altitude displayed to the 9x LCD?

Thanks!

Hi, did you get it working? Also got 9x with open9x + telemetry mod. Tried naze32 freeflight board with frsky signal converter and got it showing accX, accY and accZ also T1 (gyro temperature) on 9x LCD. I was super happy :D Turned my TX off, tried next day and it won't work anymore :( But yeah, it has been working once!

In open9x telemetry menu there is selection UsrData -> Proto with selections NONE/HUB/WSHH. This shoud be HUB as sensor hub from frsky. You can also setup telemetry screens like adding accX, accY and accZ.

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

timecop wrote:Your RC endpoints should be 1000..2000,,, if it's not activating acctrim you're probably way below that.
This stuff IS in the manual, or at least in general multiwii wiki.
Your first step should be endpoints to 1000..2000 and subtrim center to 1500 (or 1520 on futaba).

yes, i have like that, end point to maximun on transmitter, and no Dual rates, to get those 1000 and 2000. mid point 1500, but no works for now, rudder imput to arm works perfect.

OK now i have it, sorry for make loosing your time guys, i forgot the maximum throttle value to 2000... i was checking roll and pitch but not the throttle...

TX :oops:

timecop

Post by timecop »

Good job :)

djrm

Post by djrm »

rreims wrote:
KC Flyer wrote:Trying to get telemetry set up on the Naze32 FC with the free adapter. I feel like I've spent lots of time so far modding my 9x and just want this "last" part to be a little easier.

Thanks!

Hi, did you get it working? Also got 9x with open9x + telemetry mod. Tried naze32 freeflight board with frsky signal converter and got it showing accX, accY and accZ also T1 (gyro temperature) on 9x LCD. I was super happy :D Turned my TX off, tried next day and it won't work anymore :( But yeah, it has been working once!

In open9x telemetry menu there is selection UsrData -> Proto with selections NONE/HUB/WSHH. This shoud be HUB as sensor hub from frsky. You can also setup telemetry screens like adding accX, accY and accZ.

I think you will find that telemetrey is only ever active when the FC is armed, is that your problem? it took me a while to realize this. At other times serial output is formatted for GUI operation.

hth David.

yawstick

Post by yawstick »

Is the Naze32 configurator working as it should on Android. I have several of the FunFly Controller "Acro Naze 32"... two with the barometer installed and one with out and have been pleased with how they fly but still tweaking on them. I've not reflashed them to the most current software.... using them as they came... I have a bluetooth on them and can connect through it with the Multiwii config tool on a laptop. When I try to use the android tool it picks up the transmitter switch setting but nothing else. I've not tried writing anything but the read button does not appear to work. I recall seeing some posts about some naming issue conflicts and wondered if that had been corrected.

nicog

Post by nicog »

Ok, first thing first. Are you sure bluetooth is correctly connecting.

Do you have a message telling you that you have a 32 bit platform on connection?

If not, maybe it's an old protocol been used. In theory, you should have the latest protocol but in config you can choose the older one, including the obsolete one. check that.

I know as a fact that the android version works allright.

What do you mean it picks up the transmitter switch setting ?
The read and write button are useless, everithing is automatic.
on connection allow 5 to 10 seconds to get all the info from the board.

yawstick

Post by yawstick »

I think the bluetooth is working correctly as I can connect to the copter using the multiwii config tool through the bluetooth connection. I dont get a msg about a 32 bit platform. With android it pairs ok and it shows what I think are the correct check boxes on the page where you would set what functions your aux channels select. Thats the only thing it shows. I'm at work at the moment but will check again when I get home.

Which config are you refering to? the settings via the CLI?

nicog

Post by nicog »

Ok if you don't get the 32 bits platform, you don't have the latest android version.
On startup (android app) which version says. latest is 1.46.

I mean the options in the android app

rreims

Post by rreims »

djrm wrote:
rreims wrote:

Thanks!

I think you will find that telemetrey is only ever active when the FC is armed, is that your problem? it took me a while to realize this. At other times serial output is formatted for GUI operation.

hth David.

Arming FC did the trick!!! Thanks alot for tip :D

KC Flyer

Post by KC Flyer »

rreims wrote:Hi, did you get it working? Also got 9x with open9x + telemetry mod. Tried naze32 freeflight board with frsky signal converter and got it showing accX, accY and accZ also T1 (gyro temperature) on 9x LCD. I was super happy :D Turned my TX off, tried next day and it won't work anymore :( But yeah, it has been working once!

I think that it's working OK now - at least for voltage. I'm in Saudi for a couple weeks and before that was adding haptic to the 9x so took a little break from the Naze.

The voltage shows ~0.2v low but am guessing that it's working OK as the voltage drops when the motors spin. I didn't see anything until I picked "FAS" as the voltage sensor in the Open9x setup. "Cel" or "A2" didn't seem to work. Is there a way to calibrate the voltage like with the Rx voltage?

I haven't messed with Baro or Temperature telemetry yet but have that on my list for when I get back home. Any tips welcome!

My other quandary is how to get all the channels I want on my TX/RX/FC. I'm using the FrSky D8R-II Plus RX so it doesn't do cppm out of the box like the D8R- XP. I see where you can download the cppm firmware but it only does 18mS so maybe a problem when using all 8 channels (something about running out of cycle time when all throws are maxed out if not using 27mS)? Does cppm gain me anything other than reducing cable mess/weight? I can't find anything saying that it can be used to add any extra channels?

So I have 8 channels to work with and of course need/want AETR/Level/Baro/Mag I also have a light switch and a lost model buzzer that I would like to have on separate channels. I see where some have used the 3-way switch for off/baro/mag+baro or something similar. So that example would work but then I couldn't run with mag on but baro off. I realize that I can remove buzzer from lost model circuit board and connect it directly to the FC but that doesn't appear to save a channel?

Am I missing anything obvious on how to get all 9 features set up discretely on my system?

Thanks!

timecop

Post by timecop »

> Is there a way to calibrate the voltage like with the Rx voltage?

Yeah, there's stuff in cli:
{ "vbatscale", VAR_UINT8, &cfg.vbatscale, 10, 200 },
{ "vbatmaxcellvoltage", VAR_UINT8, &cfg.vbatmaxcellvoltage, 10, 50 },
{ "vbatmincellvoltage", VAR_UINT8, &cfg.vbatmincellvoltage, 10, 50 },

vbatscale is the number you want to check - change it +- 1 and do 'status' - it will show the voltage the system thinks is coming in. Compare that with output from a multimeter or something.
cell min/max is for auto-detecting cell count and setting battery alarm.

yawstick

Post by yawstick »

nicog wrote:Ok if you don't get the 32 bits platform, you don't have the latest android version.
On startup (android app) which version says. latest is 1.46.

I mean the options in the android app

Updated to the latest version and all is well....

What do you use to develop the app? I've have been experimenting a little with processing for android and also eclipse.
Have you shared the source for it? would like to see it... I'm wanting to do some other bluetooth android arduino type projects

Thanks for your help

nicog

Post by nicog »

I use basic 4 android. It's a crappy language, that all real programmers hate. Send me a mail in private.

amourdurisk

Post by amourdurisk »

Hello,

Can i use Naze32 with octocopter X8 configuration ? (with serial ppm receiver)
thank you

Matt.

timecop

Post by timecop »

yeah.
mixer octox8 or wahtever... do mixer list to get the list.