Does ACC get disabled under high stick movements?

PatrikE

Re: Does ACC get disabled under high stick movements?

Post by PatrikE »

f.BARO_MODE=0 is now removed from _shared. r_1179

Termic1

Post by Termic1 »

PatrikE wrote:Search for AP_MODE in multiwii.ino

Code: Select all

#if defined(AP_MODE)
    if(f.ANGLE_MODE || f.HORIZON_MODE){
      if (abs(rcCommand[ROLL])>= AP_MODE || abs(rcCommand[PITCH]) >= AP_MODE) {
        f.BARO_MODE=0;
        f.GPS_HOME_MODE=0;
        f.GPS_HOLD_MODE=0;
      }
    }
  #endi

Comment or remove f.BARO_MODE=0;.

Tested today.
Commented the BARO line and now AP mode together with GPS Hold and ALT Hold works great!!
Thanks Patrik

Luciano

p25o1

Post by p25o1 »

i used acrotraining mode some time back , and i really enjoyed the flips,

can we now assign it to aux channel in the gui ?

if not will it behave in this way

if i activate it , will it only work in angle mode, and will it be disabled if i switch to horizon mode ?

thx

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

At least in r1184 ACROTRAINER_MODE will activate only in ANGLE_MODE and not in Horizon mode, which makes sense since Horizon mode is acro enabled by design.

Code: Select all

#if defined(ACROTRAINER_MODE)
    if(f.ANGLE_MODE){...

Regards Andrej

Tizzy

Post by Tizzy »

wilco1967 wrote:
Alexinparis wrote:Sorry Patrik,

But I ask you to unmerge it.
We can't add new things during the consolidation step to 2.1

The good news is.... I got it working from the transmitter (ER9X), so no need to change any multiwii code if you're the lucky owner of a reflashed 9X....

To just fly around it's a bitch, but for doing flips it's amazing.... in a moment of desorientation, you don't need to find your level switch as before. just let go of the sticks, and voilla :o all sorted.

I tried it today, and it spun so violently, it must have sheared a motor off in flight (or a prop blade broke off in flight.... not sure what happened first).... I only fixed the motors with tyraps to the arms, so they can break off easily in a crash rather than bending a shaft.... Anyway.... with this acro/level trick, I was confident it would sort itself out no matter what mess I made...
It did work fine multiple times, until the motor/prop came off..... no level mode is going to safe that :roll:
Damage: 1 prop, 2 bend arms (already bend back), and a 16 tyraps.... (the resulting crash took all motors off) :roll:

I programmed the Tx, so levelmode = active (my CH6 mid = level mode on) when |roll| < 10, and |pitch|<10, and RUD switch = on (so I can enable/disable this function), OR THR switch on (this is my 'normal' level mode switch.

EDIT...
Zip works, thanks PatrikE

The interesting part is under switches (in eepe)
in this configuration, channel 6 at mid (1500) enables level mode
All the other channels are my defaults.... yours are probably different....

Originally, my THR switch (the large one left bottom corner) would enable level mode.
The RUD switch (above it) is now used to 'enable' this 'acro trainer' feature.
The first line of the logic checks if elevator (pitch) is smaller than +/- 10 %.
The second line does the same for aileron (roll)
the 3rd line combines both of them
the 4rd line checks if the RUD switch is on.... if not on, all the above has no effect. (you can change the RUD switch to whatever switch you prefer)
the 5th line is used to enable LEVEL mode either on above (sticks within 10% from centre, AND 'RUD' switch on), OR your normal LEVEL switch (THR in my case).

So if SW5 (line5) is true, level mode must be on.

in your mixes, just replace the physical switch you're normally using for level mode, with the SW5 logic switch.

Test thoroughly your configuration before flying.... Don't blame me if you crash it ;)
This looks like it could be excellent but opening the eepe file just gives an error "cannot open General settinggs from eepe file". Perhaps I'm not opening it properly (File\open) or perhaps it needs an older version of the eepe executable? The general settings are stored in an eepg file, perhaps that's something to be loaded from somewhere else? All help appreciated.

EDIT
Found it, the contained file has an .eepe extension. Renaming it to .eepm allows it to be opened properly.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

I always read the eeprom from TX to have the latest changes iw'e made when flying.
Save to disc as a backup with the date in name.
modify and upload back to the TX.
Never save a untested eeprom as backup!
It can bite your back next time you test it!...;)

jy0933

Post by jy0933 »

it works really well.... one thing that bothers me a bit is if i want to use this quad.. i'll have to re upload fw to disable the feature

it will be awesome if it becomes a optional mode in gui... like alt hold, arm.. so we can change it to regular use?

:)