Autolevel issue with latest dev versions

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
shikra

Autolevel issue with latest dev versions

Post by shikra »

Not sure if its just this version. I think it was same with last dev I tried too (20110710), but thought I had a faulty accell.

So using a wmp/NK setup...

Had some weird issues with acc calibration. I was trying to calibrate with my tx at the field today and it looked like it was doing it. Gave the right flashes, but each time the Tri was pitching well forward. Tried many times + including the gyro cal.

hought I'd look on the gui tonight to see what it was doing and got some strange results.
So tonight I got my second wmp/nk setup out and I had the same again

What I noticed was the acc data on gui was going OK to 0 0 200 (approx), but the gyro data was not returning to 0 0 0

I did capture what was happening on a vid...
http://exposureroom.com/members/shikra/videos/

It's a bit hit and miss, but seems like if the gyro static point isn't 0 0 0, the calibration is weird.
I can replicate it by shaking the board during power up. The gyro data reads say 5 20 11 as static. Then go calibrate and its weird...

Just to be clear, after cal the acc data reads 0 0 200, but the arrow pointers are not level and correspond to the incorrect orientation the tri sits at with no stick input.

This may be normal function. Maybe I'm taking too long plugging the power in and letting go - or teh servo moving around is not creating a good initialisation value for gyro.

I now know that if I preset reset, then do the cal it works good on the gui. So at least I can get a trimmed flight in!!

shikra

Re: Autolevel issue with latest dev versions

Post by shikra »

Just to add, if I press the reset button, it accepts the last calibration as good. And the gui arrows are perfectly flat.... So am sur eits to do with that non zero gyro data

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

There is a gyro calibration each time at the power up.
If you move the multi during this step, the gyro won't be well calibrated.
Anyway, you can still do it after via a gyro calibration using the good stick combo.
A non zero gyro is equivalent to a constant angle in level mode.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Thank you - that make sense.
I am now wondering if me releasing the sticks during cal is causing the problem. Its a small short arm tri with relatively big motor and prop. When I release stick during cal it does make it wobble around a bit compared to the big tri.
Do you think that would do it?

Strange thing is I did the gyro cal man times first and it made no difference for me today. If only I had power cycled...

Wetahe rlooks bad for next few days, so probably no more testing for me.

Now I know, I will test by pressing rest button after acc cal.