Problems with BMA020 and/or Nunchuck

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
herzjung

Problems with BMA020 and/or Nunchuck

Post by herzjung »

Hello,

On my Quadrocopter I have to use suprisingly low PID settings (1,3 / 0,017 / 2).
With this settings my Quadrocopter is flying satisfactory.

When I connect an ACC being it BMA or Nunchuck I have almost no control when I a tivate them (stick movement does almost not effect the flying). When I turn them off via AUX everything is fine.

I think the reason is in my low PID parameters - what can I do?

Regards
Peter

captaingeek

Re: Problems with BMA020 and/or Nunchuck

Post by captaingeek »

How's it fly by the default settings? Maybe try go back to default, Lower I and increase P a bit.

herzjung

Post by herzjung »

When I use default values the Quattro flipps at any start attempt instantly. I can only fly it with P values lover than 1.4.

I have thaought about the reasons. It can't be the motors and props, I use the same on my Tri with default values. The reason my be in the ESCs I use Mystery 30A (yellow) and have not changed any parameter. The Frame is reatively small with 45cm.

Any suggestions?

Am0s

Post by Am0s »

I also have the same issue with my tri setup. (P 1.4, I 0.005, D 1) anything higher (or default) ends is oscillation and flips. I am using Turnigy motors (800kv) and ESC's.

I think it is related to the gyro, i was running WMP clone (No ACC installed yet) but as of last night have connected directly to the ITG3205. Will test again this weekend and post back results.

Am0s

Post by Am0s »

Have now direct connected the ITG3205 and also direct connected the NK (clone with KXSC4 accel) to A1-A3 using the ADCACC setup.

Just test test hovered stable at (3.2, 0.025, 4). some fine tuning still needed but a noticeable improvement on the PID values.

Hope this helps.

Am0s

Post by Am0s »

False positive! had a chance to get some FF in today but was unable to maintain a hover at these settings (3.2, 0.025, 4). pitch/roll oscillation and the od unexpexted half flip :roll: (Wind was gusting a bit)

Re tuned PID down to about the original stable settings (P 1.4, I 0.005, D 1). No more unexpected pitch or roll but still retain a small rear motor oscillation in hover and slow FF?

Any idea on why the PID settings are so low? and why there is a small pitch oscillation. Sensor/code related or possibly vibration/batter CoG?

Rob

Post by Rob »

If PID settings are low I think the problem are the ESC´S.
(If frame is without vibrations)
what kind of ESC you use? (type and settings)

Am0s

Post by Am0s »

Turnigy Plush 30A
Start Mode= Normal
Timing Mode=High

cob

Post by cob »

I would first check for any vibrations chasing them out. Second point is true : I had 2 Nck clones offering... just nothing! As I bought by mistake a Wii remote instead of a Nck, opening it I found a nice ADXL335 inside. Those are the recent Wii remote where an ACC is included. Connecting directly the ACC to A1 A2 and A3 I got good results. For those who whant to connect an ADCACC on A1-2-3, check the datasheet or measure the ADC value coming out of the ACC. Change the ACC_1G accordingly in the IMU.pde . See my project in IDEA posts on how to read ACD data from an analog ACC, viewtopic.php?f=7&t=497