Multiwii Documentation Wiki

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
kos

Re: Multiwii Documentation Wiki

Post by kos »

first posted updated with the new wiki link ,

thanks to those kiddies with ego , it is time to start editing from scratch again

8-)

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

kos,
You’ll Never Walk Alone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27ll_Never_Walk_Alone
I just registered.
With your experience in a MultiWii wiki ( :) ), would you mind laying out an overall structure, so others can chime in and fill in contents in a coordinated manner? I think it was good to have a basic fundament before we let the wiki loose on the general rcg crowd (and others).

kos

Post by kos »

Hamburger wrote: would you mind laying out an overall structure

thats is work in progress :)

@Wiki admin : we need the syntaxhighlight plugin to be installed on the wiki , ex : www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php?title=GPS

jessestr

Post by jessestr »

Haha, wiki get's closed at devbase.be

Sick community that's all ;)

kos

Post by kos »

jessestr wrote:Haha, wiki get's closed at devbase.be

http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... talk:Admin

art. L. 226-4 s. c. pén.). Le « défaçage » d’un site web relève plus probablement du livre III du code pénal intitulé « des crimes et délits contre les biens », et plus particulièrement du chapitre III du titre second : « Des atteintes aux systèmes automatisés de données » (art. L. 323-1 à L. 323-7 c. pén.

@jessestr : last warning for you .

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Now let us all hope you find a project soon that is more suited to your talents.

jessestr

Post by jessestr »

kos wrote:

art. L. 226-4 s. c. pén.). Le « défaçage » d’un site web relève plus probablement du livre III du code pénal intitulé « des crimes et délits contre les biens », et plus particulièrement du chapitre III du titre second : « Des atteintes aux systèmes automatisés de données » (art. L. 323-1 à L. 323-7 c. pén.

That piece of law isn't worth anything. I can provide everything they need. I have still my own copyrights. The reason why you can't reach my wiki is because you couldn't steal any content anymore.

kos

Post by kos »

jessestr wrote:
kos wrote:

That piece of law isn't worth anything. I can provide everything they need. I have still my own copyrights. The reason why you can't reach my wiki is because you couldn't steal any content anymore.

this is not your content and wget is my friend .. go fly a kite . we are waiting for you ip to get banned

i put the content on you wiki , so i am the one that is responsible for copy pasting from diydrome and multwii.com and rcgroup :

you are useless , please find an other assignement for your talents

Alex is right : we can not trust you

jessestr

Post by jessestr »

Haha. Really. Ban my IP. I don't have a static IP like you guys ;) have fun banning. I don't care. And as at long it's on my server it's my content. And I tell you.It's still there.

There's some word for you guys: backstabbers. I was helping this community until you guys just believe some shit Alex tells you. He's no more than a human. Alex shouldn't have refused my database.

kos

Post by kos »

jessestr wrote:Haha. Really. Ban my IP. I don't have a static IP like you guys ;) have fun banning. I don't care. And as at long it's on my server it's my content. And I tell you.It's still there.

really ?

;)
Last edited by kos on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... on=history

"If you want a main page, type something else here or I keep deleting it. Tards "

Unfortunately, people sooner or later show their real nature. In this case was sooner, which after all was good. The wiki should be closed for open editing for now.

jessestr

Post by jessestr »

What you first type wasn't very adult from you. So email me like you said on the phone. We'll talk about it

kos

Post by kos »

jessestr wrote:What you first type wasn't very adult from you. So email me like you said on the phone. We'll talk about it

there is nothing to talk about , you are a pain in the ass ...

jessestr

Post by jessestr »

No. I would never react like this unless you just took the database. You could have everything on such an easy way. Now you make it hard for yourself :)

kos

Post by kos »

where are the proofs of any database copy , and what is right do you have on it anyway ?

jessestr

Post by jessestr »

Because it's the exact same text and it was published first on my server. But do whatever you want.

kos

Post by kos »

Hamburger wrote:With your experience in a MultiWii wiki ( :) ), would you mind laying out an overall structure, so others can chime in and fill in contents in a coordinated manner? I think it was good to have a basic fundament before we let the wiki loose on the general rcg crowd (and others).

should be ok now ;)

the only point is the config.h .. is a big part making it clear and properly linked form revelant wiki pages .
ex :
products pages -> imu -> imu 6dof (link to specific config.h part for this imu)

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

One of the biggest difficulties when coming to MultiWii is the config.h file. Is getting bigger and with that is more easy to be "lost" and don't know what to comment or not. Also it has new stuff when there is a new release (mainly in the dev branch) but people will always try the latest and greatest release.

Now in the dev branch, the config.h is more organized and maybe we can explain it in the wiki for each of the sections. This way it will be more easy to maintain and add new sections when we have new features. Also would be good if we provided small config.h for some known configurations with the basics well explained.

Just my 2 cent of Euro.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

imho we can address two target groups separately
- newbies: emphasize sticking to official releases; explain only those fetures thoroughly
- others: should more or less know what they are doing; it is called dev versions for a reason

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Hi,

With time and the confidence we gain when flying the multicopters many times we tend to forget about how dangerous this hobby is. I think we should have a page with a disclaimer regarding possible accidents that can happen and also a list of recommendations to avoid the accidents for everybody, experienced or not.

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

the wiki gets flooded with spam user registrations for posting spam user pages. It has become pretty useless to follow the Changes page.
Maybe the registration requires at least a captcha or something alike to keep robots out?

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

mediawiki seems to have some limitations by default:
- can't delete really a page from the database
- can't delete properly a user
- admin pages are limited
There are hopefully some workarounds via extension installation.

jessestr

Post by jessestr »

It's not limited. And the admin is amazingly big.
You can't work with the system.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Let's face it: we suck at writing documentation big time!

The documentation in the official MultiWii wiki is hardly making progress at all. http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... l:AllPages
May I suggest the following for the future:
Before writing a lengthy explanation here in the forum, consider if this is not appropriate to better go into the wiki - at least in the faq section. It is about the same work to type but is preserverd for posterity. Much easier to find for others than wade through this forum's search results.

KaiK

AW: Multiwii Documentation Wiki

Post by KaiK »

+1