Defines for Chinese IMUs

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
jevermeister

Re: Defines for Chinese IMUs

Post by jevermeister »

Hi,
I balanced everything as good as I could. The props are not the source of the vibrations, the motors are creating them.
I use new bearings and new shafts but these CF2822 are s**t.
But I use to crash very often because I try new s**t every day so it is too early to get new motors ;-).
If the LPF helps me then it should be ok as fara as there are no cons.

I will review my rwirng, perhaps I will use smaller wires and connect 5V to the board.

Thank you very much for your hints!
Nils

msev

Post by msev »

I'd like to see some video of gy-80 running on 2.1 software? Can someone film their multi?

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

jevermeister wrote:Hi,
I balanced everything as good as I could. The props are not the source of the vibrations, the motors are creating them.
I use new bearings and new shafts but these CF2822 are s**t.
But I use to crash very often because I try new s**t every day so it is too early to get new motors ;-).
If the LPF helps me then it should be ok as fara as there are no cons.

I will review my rwirng, perhaps I will use smaller wires and connect 5V to the board.

Thank you very much for your hints!
Nils

I had those same problems with a friends quad and we ended up setting the p level to 2.5 on pitch and roll and run the lowpass filter on lowest setting ! The lower p level just lowers the gyro rate enough to make up for the filter ! And this only applies to someone who can fly good ! We Did flips and rolls with his quad yesterday all day and no problems whatsoever ! And it still has pretty bad vibration , via bluetooth & android gui ! I heard that the lpf causes a lag but i beg to differ ! Lower p rates and higher rcrates and rates on roll& pitch can make an aircraft pretty quick and aggresive ! Hope this helps you !

mahowik

Post by mahowik »

it seems I have found a bug. For new CRIUS_AIO_PRO_V1 board obsolete MPU6050_EN_I2C_BYPASS define is used...
It should be new one MPU6050_I2C_AUX_MASTER

Code: Select all

#if defined(CRIUS_AIO_PRO_V1) 
  #define MPU6050
  #define HMC5883
  #define MS561101BA
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {accADC[ROLL] = -X; accADC[PITCH] = -Y; accADC[YAW] = Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = Y; gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {magADC[ROLL] = X; magADC[PITCH] = Y; magADC[YAW] = -Z;}
  //#define MPU6050_EN_I2C_BYPASS // MAG connected to the AUX I2C bus of MPU6050
  #define MPU6050_I2C_AUX_MASTER // MAG connected to the AUX I2C bus of MPU6050 
  #undef INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS
#endif

Pyrofer

Post by Pyrofer »

I have the Crius AIO Pro and just used #define FREEIMUv04 which appears to work.
What's the difference between this and the Crius define? Was this bug actually causing problems with flight ?

robocon2013

Post by robocon2013 »

PLEASE, HELP ME !!! I can't connect module GY-86 by i2c bus, i don't now sensor address, who can show me ??

mbrak

Post by mbrak »

robocon2013 wrote:PLEASE, HELP ME !!! I can't connect module GY-86 by i2c bus, i don't now sensor address, who can show me ??

where is the problem?
just use the ready CY_86 define in config.h and fly! no need to modify adresses or so...

igor_sk

Post by igor_sk »

I have GY-80 with L3G4200 and ADXL345 on a quad, the copter flies but it twitches a little and drifts sometimes so what are correct PID settings or do I have to increase the LPF factors for the gyro and acc?
Current PIDs are from mahowik
ROLL/PITCH 6.0-0.03-40 , YAW 8.5-0.045, LEVEL 7.0-0.01

Exyator

Post by Exyator »

Hi all,

I'm was running the following setup on my hexacopter:
Paris V4r3
GY_80 10DOF IMU
MultiWii_dev_20120528 with this instead of the normal L3G4200D code (in the sensors tab):

Code: Select all

// ************************************************************************************************************
// contribution from Ciskje, corrected by wektorx
// I2C Gyroscope L3G4200D
// ************************************************************************************************************
#if defined(L3G4200D)
void Gyro_init() {
delay(100);
delay(5); i2c_writeReg(0XD2+0 ,0x20 ,0b01001111 ); // CTRL_REG1  DR 200Hz BW 20Hz
delay(5); i2c_writeReg(0XD2+0 ,0x21 ,0b00101001 ); // CTRL_REG2
delay(5); i2c_writeReg(0XD2+0 ,0x22 ,0b00000000 ); // CTRL_REG3   all disable
delay(5); i2c_writeReg(0XD2+0 ,0x23 ,0b00110000 ); // CTRL_REG4  2000dps
delay(5); i2c_writeReg(0XD2+0 ,0x24 ,0b00000000 ); // CTRL_REG5
delay(5); i2c_writeReg(0XD2+0 ,0x2E ,0b00000000 ); //
}

void Gyro_getADC () {
  TWBR = ((16000000L / 400000L) - 16) / 2; // change the I2C clock rate to 400kHz
  i2c_getSixRawADC(0XD2,0x80|0x28);

GYRO_ORIENTATION( ((rawADC[1]<<8) | rawADC[0])/4  ,
                    ((rawADC[3]<<8) | rawADC[2])/4  ,
                    ((rawADC[5]<<8) | rawADC[4])/4  );
  GYRO_Common();
}
#endif

Everything was working great.

Now I have upgraded to Multiwii V2.1 because I added an I2C GPS and tried with the "stock" code, I get no I2C errors but the gyro acts pretty bad once the motors are running (oscillations even before takeoff).
So I tried changing the code to the above, and I get a lot of I2C errors and no data from the gyro (in the GUI).

What do you think I should do?

Thanks in advance,
Exyator

timecop

Post by timecop »

I'd guess you should use the 7bit i2c address (0x69) instead of 0xD2.

Exyator

Post by Exyator »

timecop wrote:I'd guess you should use the 7bit i2c address (0x69) instead of 0xD2.

Thanks a lot!
It worked, too bad I had the firmware set to hexa x instead of hexa + :roll: no worries though, 3 zipties and I'm back.

321yuri

Post by 321yuri »

hi,i'm new here and need your help!
i have a gy-80 sensor but does not work well
some axis of the sensor have no data...
i defined #define GY_80 // Chinese 10 DOF with L3G4200D ADXL345 HMC5883L BMP085, LLC
am i right? what else steps should i take to start a sensor?
btw, the data of controler always "jump" from 900 to 2000 randomly (i didnot connect a controler)
how to solve these problems?
thanks

Quadraf

Post by Quadraf »

I think when you push the CALIB_ACC (acc callibration) button your problem wil be solved?...
Furthermore your PID's are almost ofschale! for starters turn down P to about 5 (or you will be in severe tremble problems) and your D to around 50.
Strange ... your Roll value should be around 1500 ( stick middle) but there you should connect the controller...

Hans

Lapino

AW: Defines for Chinese IMUs

Post by Lapino »

Hi,
I just got my second unit of gy86 as the first one gave up after i heated it too much. Now i get many many i2c errors and between them some very noisy crazy values. Is this unit also broken or can i do something against it as i only connected it with 3.3V/SDA/SCL/GND ?

Thanks in advance

sondre1703

Post by sondre1703 »

Hi everyone

A couple of weeks ago I received a GY-85 IMU from DealExteme. Since then, I've been trying to get it to work with Multiwii. I've tried using the defines for GY-85 in Multiwii 2.1, but it didn't work. I also tried defining the gyro alone, with no luck. Does this mean there is a chance that my IMU is broken or do you have any suggestions?

Regards,
Sondre

cptfrazz

Post by cptfrazz »

I'm having a strange problem and I'm not sure if it's related to the IMU I have.

I have a testbed quadcopter that flys with a CC3D and Naza, and is controllable in Acro mode. Calibrated ESC's, fairly smooth motors/props etc.

I've setup a Pro-Mini 5V on a MultiWiiCopter Paris Board with a GY-86 10DOF IMU. The 3V3 power pin is used from the Paris 3V3 regulator. #define set for GY-86 includes internal-pullup, external paris board pull-ups are not used.

Tried 2.0, 2.1, and latest dev version. No Acc/Mag/Baro (Horizon/Angle Mode are OFF)

All pitch/roll GUI elements look good, respond in the logical manner.

PID's tested 4, 0.30 24 to 9,0.15,10 to 2,0.30,24

Here is what happens: It takes off very smoothly. As soon as I give any pitch/roll input the copter "slides" into that direction and it takes almost full stick to level it back, it then over corrects and slides even worse in the corrected direction.

I have no expo, rates 100% on all control on the RCTX in airplane mode, I tried turning down the rate expo on the GUI from .65 to .30. Even with high P rates, or low P rates it just isn't controllable.

Thoughts?

samu_87

Post by samu_87 »

cptfrazz wrote:I'm having a strange problem and I'm not sure if it's related to the IMU I have.

I have a testbed quadcopter that flys with a CC3D and Naza, and is controllable in Acro mode. Calibrated ESC's, fairly smooth motors/props etc.

I've setup a Pro-Mini 5V on a MultiWiiCopter Paris Board with a GY-86 10DOF IMU. The 3V3 power pin is used from the Paris 3V3 regulator. #define set for GY-86 includes internal-pullup, external paris board pull-ups are not used.

Tried 2.0, 2.1, and latest dev version. No Acc/Mag/Baro (Horizon/Angle Mode are OFF)

All pitch/roll GUI elements look good, respond in the logical manner.

PID's tested 4, 0.30 24 to 9,0.15,10 to 2,0.30,24

Here is what happens: It takes off very smoothly. As soon as I give any pitch/roll input the copter "slides" into that direction and it takes almost full stick to level it back, it then over corrects and slides even worse in the corrected direction.

I have no expo, rates 100% on all control on the RCTX in airplane mode, I tried turning down the rate expo on the GUI from .65 to .30. Even with high P rates, or low P rates it just isn't controllable.

Thoughts?

I have the same problem with GY-512 you have solved your problem?!