MultiWii roapmap

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Alexinparis

MultiWii roapmap

Post by Alexinparis »

This post will be edited regularly.

To come:

- Adding some baro idea to improve the altitude control

-GPS control code for Position Hold and for Return To Home

-Integrating VTOL and/or flying wing config. Cass did a nice work with proven results about VTOL.
oThe current servo code should be revisited to be more generic like the current motor implementation

-Option or fusion: AUX3 & AUX4 instead of CAM1/CAM2

-Generic LED pattern generation for unused PIN (mainly for mega), but also for LED I2C devices. Used to bring more status info or just for fun. I'm currently cooking something very interesting about this

-Adding a new mode named HORIZON and renaming ACRO/LEVEL mode. This will result in 3 different modes:
. RATE mode: which is the current ACRO mode, based on gyro only where the RC sticks control the rotation rate of axis
. ANGLE mode: which is the current LEVEL mode, where the PITCH/ROLL RC sticks control the absolute angle of the model
. HORIZON mode: which is basically a RATE mode (same stick control), but with a variable and customizable assistance that tends to establish permanently the horizontal attitude. This should give a more natural control, and should be appreciated for FPV configs.

-Adding Sonar control in order to control low altitude precisely (imagine a fast FPV flight at only 1 meter high)

-Consolidating OSD integration

+ some items on whishlist :)

shikra

Re: MultiWii roapmap

Post by shikra »

Alex- this is great to see where you are going.

For those like me who have a working MultiWii as a result of the countless hours Alex has put in..., please remeber to throw the big guy some funds to keep him fuelled with enthusiasm. And beer!!

http://www.multiwii.com/about/sponsors

shikra

Post by shikra »

Horizon mode - I like... : )

Not just for FPV
- will be good for aerial videos too.
- good for training / new starters

I often fly in very weak level mode - and it is very nice for FPV. Similar effect of horizon mode.
If only not so nice element is the drift... But I think there is an answer waiting to be found: )

Actually I was starting to work on this last night, but now I think I'll leave for you - I know it will be much more refined!

dramida

Post by dramida »

I would like GPS waypoint navigation and a better altitude hold. Also i noticed that DJI naze uses accelerometer for position hold to counteract perturbances and this approach could be used also on MWC.

Sebbi

Post by Sebbi »

dramida wrote:I would like GPS waypoint navigation and a better altitude hold. Also i noticed that DJI naze uses accelerometer for position hold to counteract perturbances and this approach could be used also on MWC.

That would only work if the model is almost vibration free ... in my tests x/y acceleration was almost useless except for rough angle calculations. Z acceleration is a different story, because vibrations have negligable effects on that axis ;-)

dramida

Post by dramida »

You should filter out acc and giro noise with LPF (or better use built in registers setup ). The "living proof" is DJI naza witch holds its short term position using IMU only. This method is available for alt hold also. We have to find a way to fusion short term data from IMU (less than a second) with long term data from barometer and gps.

jy0933

Post by jy0933 »

a quick question about the fly modes

i saw somewhere saying it will be a good idea to have both horizon+angle on at the same time to get the best stable fly... but when I turn them on at the same time... the stick control became really insensitive.

and also wondering if i want to use horizon all the time as acro.. should I tune pid in horizon instead of acro?

thx