[idea] Low voltage visual cue - LEDs

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Katch

[idea] Low voltage visual cue - LEDs

Post by Katch »

Just a little idea that I thought I'd throw out there.

Low voltage buzzers are all well and good but I quite often fly out of the range of the sound. Could we write a little routine that combines vbat sensing with triggering LED strips to flash.

Basic functionality would be LED strips that turn on when quad is armed. When low voltage is reached LED strips start flashing.

What do you think?

Tommie

Re: [idea] Low voltage visual cue - LEDs

Post by Tommie »

Just load an emergency pattern in the existing LED flasher code.
I already proposed adding a generic emergency framework; once any subsystem (low voltage, massive I²C errors, lost GPS fix while in POS HOLD) detects an emergency (or warning) situation, it signals the problem level to this (DEFCON5-1?). The system then triggers LEDs, buzzers, whatever.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

it is in the code already.
You can attach LED strips (togehter with the buzzer) to the BUZZER pin (may need a transistor to feed 12V). That gives you flashing LEDs in 3 different frequencies for the 3 VBAT warning levels - and for the capacity (mAh) warning, should you run the powermeter.
Only thing it does not is turn LEDs on static when armed. You can use other LEDs for that?

Katch

Post by Katch »

Hamburger wrote:it is in the code already.
You can attach LED strips (togehter with the buzzer) to the BUZZER pin (may need a transistor to feed 12V). That gives you flashing LEDs in 3 different frequencies for the 3 VBAT warning levels - and for the capacity (mAh) warning, should you run the powermeter.
Only thing it does not is turn LEDs on static when armed. You can use other LEDs for that?

Seems inefficient to have to have a set of LEDs for this and a set for that etc etc.

Definitely think this functionality could be tidied up to become more intuitive.