Unlimited channels with CPPM connected receivers

signal15

Unlimited channels with CPPM connected receivers

Post by signal15 »

Not sure what the CPPM signal actually looks like, I'm assuming it's some sort of tag that's sent within a frame from the satellite to the control board. This idea is 2 parts:

- Modified code on the Turnigy 9x (er9x)
- Modified code on MW

The modified code on the 9x would provide for an LCD menu with additional channels that were toggles (probably cumbersome while flying unless some of the buttons are technically inactive for the LCD unless you're in a menu). Or, hardware permitting, the physical addition of switches that would control the channels.

The modified CPPM code on MW would decode these additional channels and be able to use them for different features.

There's a list of at least 8 or 9 modes that can be enabled/disabled. But we only have AUX1-AUX4 right now. So you can pick and choose 4 individual modes, or combinations of them. But you cannot have the ability to toggle all of the modes that are available with more "channels".

copterrichie

Re: Unlimited channels with CPPM connected receivers

Post by copterrichie »

Good Point, I had a similar idea of using Aux1 to Aux4 to create a binary pattern yielding a count of F or 16. However, there is nothing stopping the development of a totally new protocol that could also be bidirectional.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

forum search function 'AUX*', e.g.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1014

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Based upon my flying habits, I would prefer to set the flight conditions via a PDA or other Bluetooth/remote device during the flight ready procedure. In flight, I don't really have need of changing from stable to acro mode etc.

Tommie

Post by Tommie »

signal15 wrote:The modified code on the 9x would provide for an LCD menu with additional channels that were toggles (probably cumbersome while flying unless some of the buttons are technically inactive for the LCD unless you're in a menu). Or, hardware permitting, the physical addition of switches that would control the channels.

Been there, done that. My Datenschlag framework can transmit arbitrary binary data via a single TX channel. It has Multiwii integration and all that is missing is integration into the 9x firmware. It currently works with my homebrew transmitter, but could be ported to any other system:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1801
https://github.com/wertarbyte/multiwii- ... schlag.ino

Since you can transmit anything, you can set AUX channels, configure, en- or disable specific copter systems, transmit waypoint data or change the headfree reference heading.

signal15

Post by signal15 »

Awwww sweet.

signal15

Post by signal15 »

Too bad er9x doesn't work on the Devo radios with the touchscreen.