AUX 2 on Spektrum DX6i;Possible?

oterpoter

AUX 2 on Spektrum DX6i;Possible?

Post by oterpoter »

Anyone knows if my Spektrum DX6i transmitter can be configured to have AUX 2 possibilities?
I have set up the Gear switch to be AUX 1 On/Off, but I am having problems finding out if one of the other flip switches can be set up for AUX 2.
If someone knows I would love to hear how to!
;)

Katch

Re: AUX 2 on Spektrum DX6i;Possible?

Post by Katch »

Yes you need to create an Acro model and use the wing flap mix.

I use Aux 1 as a 3 state switch using 2 physical switches and then aux 2 on a single switch.

I'll post the settings I use when I get home - but it is possible if you want to play.

oterpoter

Post by oterpoter »

Please post how to set it up!
I have built a octocopter from scratch, and would lov to be able to control OSD/Stable/Baro/MagHold using my DX6i
:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfmC6Dd0 ... ata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50PC51aP ... ata_player

Katch

Post by Katch »

Ok create a new model as Acro not Heli and bind to your Rx.

Set travel adjust to +/- 125% on GEAR and FLAP

FLAPS
............FLAPS....ELEV
NORM /\50..............0
LAND \/50..............0

MIX1

FLAP >.............................FLAP ACT
RATE D.................................0% U -125%
SW ELE D/R TRIM INH

MIX2

GEAR>.............................GEAR ACT
RATE D...........................-125% U +125%
SW AIL D/R TRIM INH

With these settings you can use GEAR-F Mode / EV RV / FLAP GYRO / AIL D/R to activate 4 different modes.

I then use Rudd D/R to activate 2 different D/R and Expo settings.

oterpoter

Post by oterpoter »

Great!
Thanx! I will test ASAP!
Best regards

Mathias

KeesvR

Post by KeesvR »

In Heli mode you can use these settings: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=6317

frogman1206

Post by frogman1206 »

Katch wrote:Ok create a new model as Acro not Heli and bind to your Rx.

Set travel adjust to +/- 125% on GEAR and FLAP

FLAPS
............FLAPS....ELEV
NORM /\50..............0
LAND \/50..............0

MIX1

FLAP >.............................FLAP ACT
RATE D.................................0% U -125%
SW ELE D/R TRIM INH

MIX2

GEAR>.............................GEAR ACT
RATE D...........................-125% U +125%
SW AIL D/R TRIM INH

With these settings you can use GEAR-F Mode / EV RV / FLAP GYRO / AIL D/R to activate 4 different modes.

I then use Rudd D/R to activate 2 different D/R and Expo settings.

I tried this out tonight and set it up exactly as above and I still get no extra Aux channel abilities. My gear channel still works great to turn on Simplemode, Level and Mag but the others don't respond at all. I tried activating stuff in the GUI and using every combination of switches I could think of. I must still have something set wrong. I have checked it and double checked based on your setup above.

Katch

Post by Katch »

just keep playing with subtrims and travel adj it took me a while to get it to work.

Are you at least getting some movement in the GUI on both Aux 1 and Aux 2?

oterpoter

Post by oterpoter »

Got it to work! :)
Works like a charm!
Thx!

frogman1206

Post by frogman1206 »

Katch wrote:just keep playing with subtrims and travel adj it took me a while to get it to work.

Are you at least getting some movement in the GUI on both Aux 1 and Aux 2?

The only thing I got any indication of working was my AL DR switch would flip on the Mag. It does it pretty much no matter what combo of settings I create. I will have to play some more and mess with sub trims. The directions didn't mention anything about subtrims having an effect. I will have to give it a whirl and see if I can get something working.

frogman1206

Post by frogman1206 »

I did finally get the 4 way switch functionality working with 2 switches on the Aux1 so it is doing what I need. I never got the Aux to active though. It helped when I could use the new gui for the copter tuning. I was able to better see when things were activating. Once I got that working I figured it out pretty quick.

amandus

Post by amandus »

Did you uncommend //#define RCAUXPIN12 in the config.h? It will then connect to D12, D8 for the buzzer.

Cronalex

Post by Cronalex »

unfortunately I can not use this setting someone help me? do not activate the functions

signal15

Post by signal15 »

Is it possible with the DX6i to activate 4 modes in any combination?

Above, it looks like you can switch between modes, but I want to be able to enable any combination of modes. For example:
- Just ACC
- ACC and level
- ACC and mag
- ACC and headfree
- ACC, headfree, mag, and barometer

Basically, I want to be able to enable a mode without having to disable another one if I don't have to.

I'm in Heli mode to get the throttle curve. Right now, I was able to change the pitch curve and gyro settings to be able to use the F MODE button for AUX1 0 or 100%, and the Gyro button for AUX 2 at 0 or 100%.

As a side effect, the throttle hold that I've set up turns on AUX1 which is mapped to ACC. So when I enable throttle hold, the ACC is turned on automatically. It was intended, but it's kind of a nice side effect if I get into trouble.

iamhandgun

Post by iamhandgun »

I'm a year late but having the same issues. None of my switches are shiwing up in the gui. What am I doing wring. All of my other stick movements show up, just not the switches. I've tried various mixes and adjustments with no luck. I can set the modes and have them active on startup but the switches have no effect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, cheers.

scrat

Post by scrat »

Set your Tx to Airplane - acro mode if you didn't set it one year ago.

MikeF74

Post by MikeF74 »

Perhaps I'm a little dense -- I am still a little new to R/C stuff. Why can't the flaps toggle switch be used directly for AUX2? Why is all of this weird mixing needed to get it to work? Is this not simply the 6th channel from the DX6i?

I'm setting up a Crius AIO Pro v2 clone (from HK), and this AUX2 stuff is really throwing me for a loop. I was hoping to keep my D/R switches available for D/R usage, and not have them eaten up by weird mixing to get AUX2 to work.

Unfortunately my receiver isn't PPM SUM capable. I wish knew ahead of time it would have been advantageous in terms of channel usage and simplicity of wiring, I would have done so. I guess I didn't do as much research as I thought I did.

MikeF74

Post by MikeF74 »

Ok, it turns out I was being slightly dense. I had made the same setting in a different simpler model to use the FLAP/GYRO switch for something, so I went and had a look. You have to go into the FLAPS menu and set NORM FLAP +100 and LAND FLAP to -100 (or vice versa). That's what was keeping me from seeing any AUX2 movement.

regzgz

Post by regzgz »

Thank you, Thank you, thank you MikeF74, that simple explanation made me realize I had the same problem, I was asking about this same issue perhaps in the wrong place but your comment took me to the solution of my issue :)
Now, can anybody explain what is the correct/best combination so I don't conflict anything, example:

If my Aux 1 is set to (L) Angle - (H) Horizon
my Aux 2 right now is set to (L) "Nothing" - (H) GPS Hold
What will be the best to have in the (L) along with GPS Hold??
BARO??
Perhaps somebody may explain a complete noob what the combinations are?

Thanks everybody!

thedutchviking

Post by thedutchviking »

MikeF74 wrote:Ok, it turns out I was being slightly dense. I had made the same setting in a different simpler model to use the FLAP/GYRO switch for something, so I went and had a look. You have to go into the FLAPS menu and set NORM FLAP +100 and LAND FLAP to -100 (or vice versa). That's what was keeping me from seeing any AUX2 movement.

Wow - this was just the sort of simple answer I was in need of. Thank you, Mike!

My last and final hurdle is trying to figure out why "throttle" and "pitch" are swapped. Manually typing in a new channel mapping order in Cleanflight doesn't stick. (I'm using a Lemon DSMX Satellite Rx, serial-in to a Cyclone FC). Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers.