What do we need for good Autolevel mode ?

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Tifani

What do we need for good Autolevel mode ?

Post by Tifani »

Hi !
I know difference between Autolevel and PositionHold and I know than even perfectly balanced craft will drift even with little wind.
But what changes (hardware/software) we can make to have good (better) Autolevel mode ?
Regards
Tom

EOSBandi

Re: What do we need for good Autolevel mode ?

Post by EOSBandi »

Autolevel is as good as it could be.
You need a perfectly trimmed props and motors. Stiff frame and correctly positioned accelerometer with dialed in pids.
Updated ESC firmware is also a must.
(These are the requirements for ANY multirotor to have a perfect autolevel, not only for MultiWii)

Tifani

Post by Tifani »

Hi !
So - my copters (2 Tris and 1 Quad - even very old with HK401 gyros) can hover on gyro only almost hands free for many seconds and when switch to level mode they will fly away in random direction (after calibrating it and trimming).
Looks like more peoples have this problem.
Maybe step by step guide for dummies will be what we need.
We can start from point when copter is tuned in acro mode to the point it can hover at 1m/3ft. above ground hands free with not wind (no vibrations, good balance, minimal as possible TX trims.
Regards
Tom

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Tom
As this step by step guide seems to not exist it is typical open source project practice you try and start writing it yourself. Then others may join (or not).

As you can see I am not in favour of getting tasks assigned.

Tifani

Post by Tifani »

Yes - You are 100% right.
But I just have lost ability to tune it with my Android phone - now I have to learn new way (terminal) and as soon I learn will be new dev version not compatibile with my skils ;)
So I will try to do my best to not be just complaining p...y. As soon I learn how (and wind in Windy City com down + temperature drop below 35 C/90F) I will share my achievements :D
Tom