Can't arm system

ThaRez

Can't arm system

Post by ThaRez »

Hello
I have a quad based on the MultiWii Main Flight Control Board (http://www.drotek.fr/shop/en/51-multiwi ... mp085.html), 4 - Turnigy Plush 30A Escs and a HobbyKing HK-T6A V2 remote. My issues is I can't arm the system, everything else seems to work fine. When I connect the Drotek to the MultiWii GUI I nicely shows the changes in the signal, but these range from 1100 -1900, though i've boostes all channels to the max 120% interval. At some point I did "something" making it work, until I calibrated one of the esc that was a bit of (connecting the receiver directly to the esc giving a max min sequence), possibly also at the same time changing some other values of the system. After this I haven't gotten it to arm...

I'd grately appreciate any assistance.. I'm getting really frustrated, have been waiting for the parts for ages, and already manage to burn one set of Escs due to a short circuit and now this... :P
Best regards
Richard

ps. Just to be sure could someone clarify the arm sequence? I've understood its throttle min, yaw min, others middle. Though I've tried all kinds of combinations... This as I'm not 100% certain how to connect the channels to the remote. (it's now throttle + yaw and roll + pitch)

UndCon

Re: Can't arm system

Post by UndCon »

What radio do you use?

I have used Spektrum DX7 earlier (still do for tests) but use TGY9X /FRSKY for my Quad nowadays
I had to increase travel to max to get 1000-2000 signal (130%)
If I'm not mistaken it is the same for JR...

//UndCon

ThaRez

Post by ThaRez »

Hello
What radio do you use?

>> HobbyKing HK-T6A V2 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... F1%5F.html

I've set all the channel to the max (120%) which gave a bit better results, but still I can't arm it.. As mentioned I managed to do it earlier, so I wonder what I could how done wrong. (this was
after a a lot of back and forth playing around so I have no clue what I did to make it work nor to "break it")
Richard

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

To arm...
Trottle at min.
Yaw or Roll full right.

If your radio dont reach the max and minsettings.
Advust the values in multiwii.pde to match.

Code: Select all

// ******************
// rc functions
// ******************
#define MINCHECK 1100
#define MAXCHECK 1900

ThaRez

Post by ThaRez »

Thank you! (sorry for the delay, was away for easter) But I still can't manage to arm the system... :(
I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong, The GUI shows the channels changing from 1000-2000, the
outputs are at the constant minthrottle (1000), if I change the minthrottle to 1200, the output will be this much
and all motors will start, but the output remains at this minimum.

When I connect the power, the motors beeps to confirm the init sequence, and the green led blinks twice. (blue remaining on)
But then nothing happens though I try setting the throttle at min + yaw max (also tried all other combinations...)

Any suggestions?
Richard

KeesvR

Post by KeesvR »

Maybe a stupid question, but have you calibrated the ACC ?

fusion

Post by fusion »

I had the same problem as you. I fixed it by increasing the endpoint of my chan3 to 120%, and set my chan4 to 120%.
My yaw was working fine, it was just that the throttle wasnt at the minimum point required for the software to consider it 0. If you use the throttle trim it may work to push the endpoint all the way up to 135%? I think.

My problem was the throttle was way way too sensitive for my liking. So I changed the RC Mincheck thing to 1300 and 1700. Now my throttle is perfect. I need to push the throttle all the up to 70% to get it to lift off which is just the way I like it - for now that is.

ThaRez

Post by ThaRez »

Hello
Thank you for your replies, I appreciate the support. I finally got it working, though I don't really know what I did...
I played around with the white squares, not knowing what precisely they are :P and most likely this did the trick.
(before that I had lowered the min check, which at then didn't help but was really convenient now as it's working,
as my radio don't really want to go below 1100 though the min is set to 120% maximum )
Best regards
Richard

tarrenitup

Post by tarrenitup »

fusion, how do you get up to 135% ? I am only able to adjust up to 120% on my 9x

Thanks