ESCs won't arm.

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Superjon

ESCs won't arm.

Post by Superjon »

Any ideas what I should check on my MultiWii/Tricopter setup?  I have everything assembled and setup as per the instructions found on MULTIWIICOPTER.COM/wiki. 

However, when I attach the battery, and ARM the board, the ESCs never give me the ARMED tone. They act as though they are getting no signal from the MultiWii. ThE ESCs are F20a style from HobbyKing. They have been flashed.

I can get the ESCs to arm individually if I plug them Directly into the receiver. It's as though something is not happening at the board level.

Please help.

Jon

KeesvR

Re: ESCs won't arm.

Post by KeesvR »

You need to set the RX stick range to 125% to reach the 1000 - 2000 range for all the channels.

Superjon

Post by Superjon »

Done that. I still have nothing. After speaking with a friend, I determined the ESCs are armed, however the board is not sending any signal to them.

We installed a KK board and all the components worked. So I believe the issue has something to do with the board not sending any signal to the ESCs.

Also, while I can manipulate the servo with my Tx, I get no response in the servo when I rotate the board on the yaw axis. Is was with the board both disarmed and armed.

I'm stumped. Perhaps there is something I did not do right in my firmware setup before I flashed it.

bill516

Post by bill516 »

Have you calibrated acc, I'm sure there is something in the code that prevents arming of the esc's until this is done.